FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you ever pulled over to help someone whose car has broken down?

Have you ever pulled over to help someone whose car has broken down?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ig bad OP   Man  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yep, lots of times xx

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

No, simply cause I'd be of absolutely no help whatsoever. Unless it was to lend them my mobile phone to phone the RAC.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

Yes I have

Yeah course, manners cost nothing, do to others as you'd like other to do unto you

Maybe not the best advice tho if your a single woman driving down a dark country road lol in that case just drive by

yes to check they have a mobile to call the services......

I couldnt even open the bonnet of my new car and laine had to do it for me the other week, so I would be little help to others.......

yup..always pull over to check they are ok and are able to contact folks......have done this since the front strut of my car snapped one year....stuck in the embankment.....waiting on AA...little old couple drove past....20 minutes later they were back....with a flask of hot soup and a smile

I was changing a wheel after a puncture and met my lovely-to-be, he came over the hill like a knight in shining armour to assist me... I'd changed it by then tho

Lots of times, especially lone females or bikers

By *im53Man  over a year ago

Boldon

yeh lots of times

as an ex motor mechanic my boot is full of tools and odd stuff and could not see any one stuck and not help

Being a single woman, I seldom stop to get out to help. However, I see an incident, I would stop, pull over ahead of the incident and call the emergency number etc...

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Yep have done it loads of times over the years.

Once recieved a a wonderful present and far more thanks than i deserved a week later off an old lady i had helped.

Steve

last time my friend and i stopped to help a stranded motorist on a busy road we got roughly man handled by the police, we were market traders on way home from wales, some of our wares where ornamental rifle / guns,(displayed on pegboard).when the police came along and looked in our vehicle we got pushed against it and cuffed (for helping a stranded motorist) NO, we didn't know london had been bombed that weekend and they were on high alert. they thought we were terrorists,lol.

Yes lot's.

But I was working for the AA at the time so it was in the job description.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I've done it a few times but these days i really do think twice, as a single woman you have to be careful, also given people lifts home when they have had loads of shopping - or walking and look like they're struggling - I just don't like seeing people struggle Z

"I was changing a wheel after a puncture and met my lovely-to-be, he came over the hill like a knight in shining armour to assist me... I'd changed it by then tho "

I used to be a 'make up artist' and on one occasion was doing the make up for a bride on her wedding day and thats how she met her husband.... he changed her tyre for her...... often wonder if they're still together as that was June 1986........... how do I remember....? I met the love of my life that very night... lol But he wasn't changing my tyre!!!!

By *reshforu2Couple  over a year ago

Exeter

Being out in the "sticks" here. We always without fail stop to ask if stuck person needs a hand.

Don't always get a yes please or a no thankyou, sometimes they are rude.

No need for it but then thats what you get when the "white settlers" move into the countryside

By *artin216Man  over a year ago

Spilsby

Done it loads of times...and a lot more this week in the snow.... out in the sticks here too...would be rude to drive past...

By *ig bad OP   Man  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Well after a little thought on your reply’s I pulled a couple of the grumpy neighbours cars of the snow with the landrover. And guess what! One fekker didn’t say thank you! Oooooo some people!!

I help stranded motorists all the time , then again its my job ! lol

Never stop being surprised at what some people do to there cars !

Not too many say thankyou !

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

OMG

This thread reminds me of many years ago.

I was about 19, and had a suit case and walking down to the train station hoofing this case.

I was about to cross a side street when e poor old fella stalled and couldnt start his car,

WELL

as she tried to drive he went into the main stream traffic of the main road.

The car that was ajacent to me as i was walking had two "grant Mitchell" look alikes in the car.

I was walking up and no one would help this poor old geezer.

The two mitchell brothers we hooting their horn at him and being arseholes.

So,

I left my case and bags, andwith slippy shoes shoes on, pushed the old guy backwards Up the slope so he could get back into the side street and out of the traffic.

the poor old guy was SO embarrased that he let a woman help hin in that way - but not one single person offered to help - even tho they were ALL stuck in trffic.

Mind you - they were too busy watching me to nick me case and bags!!!!

Yes used the old Cossack today to pull the neighbours brand new merc from his drive...Ha Ha Lada Man strikes again...

Manchester is getting better now but its good to help if you can when people are stuck.

yes loads of times!! i got a wee bit mechanical knowledge so good to help or even just see if everythin ok even if sittin in ma own car with window down to ask if not sure xx

» Add a new message to this topic