FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > tattoo artists

tattoo artists

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ire_blade OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Hiya all iv a problem just been to the tattoo place I got my last tat with and hes retired an sold his business not knowing the new owners I walked. Is there any 1 who can recommend some 1 in or around the Manchester area preferably thats worked on you. I want 2 portraits doing both upper arms 1 of my doughter other my son. Any idea ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Manchester

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Luke Wessman did mine and I can't recommend him highly enough but NY is a long way to go.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hiya all iv a problem just been to the tattoo place I got my last tat with and hes retired an sold his business not knowing the new owners I walked. Is there any 1 who can recommend some 1 in or around the Manchester area preferably thats worked on you. I want 2 portraits doing both upper arms 1 of my doughter other my son. Any idea ? "

Which studio is it that's closed? Saz in warrington is really good, and Shaun at 72 tattoo in Urmston. Both good at what they do, both have a huge waiting list. I think there is a last called hazel who works with saz and I've heard she's amazing too. Hope it helps

"Hiya all iv a problem just been to the tattoo place I got my last tat with and hes retired an sold his business not knowing the new owners I walked. Is there any 1 who can recommend some 1 in or around the Manchester area preferably thats worked on you. I want 2 portraits doing both upper arms 1 of my doughter other my son. Any idea ? "

If you are willing to travel up the road to Bolton... I know of a couple of excellent tattooist... One of who I design for

Mark at Golden Dragon in Chester is very good. Well worth the 40 minute trip from Manchester

Manchester

Thanks all. As you will understand price is far from an issue its quality thats important. Some 1 asked who I used last it was the tattoo arms in darwin its not closed down but the lad who did it is no longer there. 1s again thanks all

"Luke Wessman did mine and I can't recommend him highly enough but NY is a long way to go. "

Rockstar.

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I also know of one in Bolton who is a friend of a friend, I've not used the place personally but the pics I've seen are mind blowingly good. PM me if you want the name

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

If you're willing to travel over to Leeds, Black Crown is good. Dave Bewick has done all mine but any of the other guys are good too.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Luke Wessman did mine and I can't recommend him highly enough but NY is a long way to go.

Rockstar."

Haha! I wish! It was my birthday treat to myself!

Manchester

If any 1 has any pics of work they have had id love to see it if its poss but thanks to all who have posted on here an who have mailed me direct your all stars an again thanks so much

By *iddyandherCouple  over a year ago

Benidorm

Louie innleeds he is an artist who tats free hand I have seen his work on my brother fantastic and unique

Hello sailor in blackpool has a couple of artists who are well known and award winning for portrait work - they do have a waiting list as a result and I know we are an hour from manchester but worth the trip - look at some of their work on facebook

Manchester

"Hello sailor in blackpool has a couple of artists who are well known and award winning for portrait work - they do have a waiting list as a result and I know we are an hour from manchester but worth the trip - look at some of their work on facebook

"

does he have a website im not on facebook hate it but thanks. Blackpools 40 mins from me so thats nothing cheers x

There's a lady in heywood who's fab, quite a long waiting list though also a guy from heywood but think he has a studio in Bolton is ABSOLUTLY amazing, I have him on Facebook and his artwork is the best I've seen

Manchester

"There's a lady in heywood who's fab, quite a long waiting list though also a guy from heywood but think he has a studio in Bolton is ABSOLUTLY amazing, I have him on Facebook and his artwork is the best I've seen"

next time your on would you see if they have a website like I said above not on Facebook. Thanks tease x

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

For portraits I'd recommend Theresa Gordon wade, lifetime tattoo Derby.

theresagordonwade for her website

Manchester

"For portraits I'd recommend Theresa Gordon wade, lifetime tattoo Derby.

theresagordonwade for her website

"

chear

"There's a lady in heywood who's fab, quite a long waiting list though also a guy from heywood but think he has a studio in Bolton is ABSOLUTLY amazing, I have him on Facebook and his artwork is the best I've seen

next time your on would you see if they have a website like I said above not on Facebook. Thanks tease x"

Pm'd you

Everyone will have their own opinions and their own favourite artist.. Depends what you want, different artists are better at diffrent technique s.. Be it line work shading, solid inking the list is endless... The only thing I will say if you want a portrait research well look for websites, a decent tattooist should have one! Portraits are hard... A botched for want of a better word ..flower, butterfly can be fixed... But a portrait hmmm, I am an apprentice tattooist... Love it.. But would never pick up my machine and tattoo someone with something I would never be proud to wear myself! Be wary it is done sorry I rant but this is something I'm passionate about... Research please and be wary .... X

Manchester

"Everyone will have their own opinions and their own favourite artist.. Depends what you want, different artists are better at diffrent technique s.. Be it line work shading, solid inking the list is endless... The only thing I will say if you want a portrait research well look for websites, a decent tattooist should have one! Portraits are hard... A botched for want of a better word ..flower, butterfly can be fixed... But a portrait hmmm, I am an apprentice tattooist... Love it.. But would never pick up my machine and tattoo someone with something I would never be proud to wear myself! Be wary it is done sorry I rant but this is something I'm passionate about... Research please and be wary .... X "

couldn't agree more an thats why I walked today. I plan on visiting as many as I can before I deside so no rant seen here just solid advice ta x

"There's a lady in heywood who's fab, quite a long waiting list though also a guy from heywood but think he has a studio in Bolton is ABSOLUTLY amazing, I have him on Facebook and his artwork is the best I've seen"
or rockstar in bury

» Add a new message to this topic