FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Job Centre

Job Centre

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I live in a village, 20 mins from one job centre and 15 mins from the other but because of my post code I've had to go to the further away one.

As I have been claiming for some time (not that long) I am on weekly sign ins with the enhanced job search team. Upon arrival I showed my letter which had the time and who I was meant to see, the guy at reception looked confused and passed it to enquiries who passed it on to the people I normally see.

The enhanced job search took less time than my normal sign in, don't know who was more confused, me or them lol It didn't even include a job search of any description.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adgeeMan  over a year ago

Loch Lomond

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's the same here, I live 15 mins drive to the nearest job centre but because of postcode have to go to another 25 mins drive away for any paperwork or interviews with them.... silly really as I would be hoping to work in the area of the closest one.

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

just wish the different departments of mine would talk to each other.3 different people wanting the same info - which one had actually photio copied themselves on my first visit there !

no wonder i still ain't seen a penny fae them

You can always ask them to be transferred to a different job centre... the worst they can say is no!

I'm sure they will see the sense of you using one closer to your home. I've known of people using a job centre other than their local one for different reasons.

Worth giving it a try.....

"just wish the different departments of mine would talk to each other.3 different people wanting the same info - which one had actually photio copied themselves on my first visit there !

no wonder i still ain't seen a penny fae them

"

I had this happen years ago when I moved over to Edinburgh, everything kept getting "lost" how hard is it to read something that has been faxed over from another office??

Now I always ask for a receipt saying they have accepted responsability (sorry for the spelling) for the letter once it has left my hands. Strangely no one at any Job Centre will do that but it does mean I have a book with names of anyone I have spoken to and a rought draft of what they told me so they cant "lose" things anymore.

What bugs me the worst is everything they are always asking for proof of is things they already have on file.

Its not my fault I have this disability, and the stress of them phoning me and demanding all sorts of stupid things they already know cos I already told them months ago actually makes me worse.

Shona

x x x

» Add a new message to this topic