Yet temperatures haven't risen since 1998

Crock of shit !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Planets been unstable for millions of years

By *eareenaCouple  over a year ago

Rockford

As far as I can tell from the scientific research I have read the earth goes through warming and cooling periods and has done so far as long as we can surmise but we are over populating and polluting so we must gave some effect. It doesn't hurt to be safe and try to be kinder to our planet.

By *lentyoffun40 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Lancashire

We are

More recycling

Better fuels

Homes being built more environment friendly

Global warming is a fact.stop reading the daily mail.they cherry pick evidence to suit their view.

Its real and it us causing it.there is tonnes of research on it.

It's making millions for the right people,but the few changes we are expected to make are not going to make a bit of a difference,

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"800 scientists

6 years work to come up with the conclusion that

Humans are PARTLEY to blame for rising temperatures

Crock of shit ! "

Correct me if I'm wrong but scientists are very cautious people. They only make absolute statements very rarely. And then they call them "scientific laws". Everything else is postulation and theory. Theory's being things that have been tested and not proven wrong.

800 scientists 6 years and they all agree we ARE warming the planet. Maybe rather than dismissing them with such a derisory statement as "Crock of shit !"

"And the planet has always been unstable with rises and falls in temperature" Those who feel that everything is OK should find out when we last had the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere we have now, and when we last know for sure that there was no ice at the poles.

Think you may find the answer is in THOUSANDS of MILLIONS of years! Sort of round the tome life first started in the oceans.

"It's making millions for the right people,but the few changes we are expected to make are not going to make a bit of a difference,

"

Here here tax generating agenda trumped up by the Eton boys network who been killing the uk for years.

The planet is being itself.

But recycling and car fumes reduction for common sense and health purposes is good.

Global warming will never be proven or disproven... We are in a warm blip... And the planet fluctuates between warm and cold...

We may have made a slight difference but mostly it's used to tax us.

We might be or might not but the level of pollution we have caused is undeniable we are not exactly looking after the planet.

Penn and Teller Bullshit, some where where a bit veal, but the recycling episode was very good, highlighted some very interesting points

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Global warming is a fact.stop reading the daily mail.they cherry pick evidence to suit their view.

Its real and it us causing it.there is tonnes of research on it."

Scientists admit they don't have all the facts yet but, if we give them lots more research money, they might come up with a better answer next time.

Surprise, surprise.

Don't really see the problem with global warming - cheaper heating bills and more water available from melting ice-caps, fewer trains cancelled because of ice on the tracks, can sit in the pub beer-garden for longer, cheaper to buy flimsy summer clothes etc. Seems like a win-win-win-win situation to me.

"Global warming will never be proven or disproven... We are in a warm blip... And the planet fluctuates between warm and cold...

We may have made a slight difference but mostly it's used to tax us. "

Spot on!

Only partly to blame because the planet actually hasn't completely exited the last ice age quite yet. It's good for the politicians though, blame us for being their little industrial rat race slaves while taxing us to kingdom come. plebs.

Glasgow

Given how long the planet has been around for and the changes it has undergone and survived, are we really scared this time?

By *rank_SimoneCouple  over a year ago

Bideford

The planet has been looking after its self long before Man was around, and will continue to do so long after we are gone.

I will throe this out, when we hit new high and new low temperatures, its not since 2012, but 60, 70, 80, 100 years ago.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but haven't our means of measuring such temperatures improved over the years.

So its not a surprise when the temperature is increased or decreased by 1 or 2 degrees.

These scientists are paid a lot of money from government grants so they have to come up with something.

Yes we should be conscience of what we do, and reduce pollution, but global warming is a Urban Myth.

Remember those holes in the ozone, well they repaired themselves, but we never heard that have every news report did we.

Actually, scientific fact. The north pole has 60% more ice this year than last year.

As far as Global Warming, lets not forget that as ice melts it releases carbon dioxide back into the atmosphere. All mankind has done is added a sheet on the bed. While burning fossil fuels is never a good thing. It's all the oil companies will let us burn in our automobiles. Hydrogen while a reasonable fix, a Hydrogen fuel cell is not the answer either. H2O2 ( Hydrogen Peroxide.)is the current best solution. It's cheap to make and automobiles could be set up to run on it.( they use to power rockets with it.)

As far as the current carbon dioxide levels, get the world to stop cutting down the forest. plants clean the air of CO2.

The last fact is large amounts of carbon dioxide are found in the ice cores always before an ice age.

I love having a laugh at climate change deniers.

They think there is still a debate to be had.

Its like having a debate with a flat earth believer.its been proven they are wrong but still bang the drum.

The planet is getting warmer because of our love of fossil fuels.

If you are happy believing the petro chem lobbying groups and all the right Wing cunts in America where denial mainly comes from.feel free to.

What happens if we change our ways?

What if we don't?

Have a look at predicted sea level maps after the ice melts even more than it already has.

global warming IS happening, i agree.

humanity IS partly to blame, its something that cannot be denied.

according to whats been released today, temperatures are the highest average they have been for 800000 years.

so, how many cars and factories were there around that long ago?

yeah, not as many as today.

i still say its a natural earth weather cycle although mankind is helping it along a bit.

lets not forget, we are about 70000 years overdue an ice age.

"It's making millions for the right people,but the few changes we are expected to make are not going to make a bit of a difference,

Here here tax generating agenda trumped up by the Eton boys network who been killing the uk for years.

But recycling and car fumes reduction for common sense and health purposes is good.

"

well thats a new one on me lol.

thatcher has been blamed for everything since she was in power (although according to someone i spoke to, she was also to blame for the 1912 uprising in dublin, but i never got to the base of that story either lol)

and now, the taxes on global warming, that has been around since politicians got something to sink their money grabbing teeth into, is the fault of call me dave and clegg!!!

brilliant!!!

you really couldnt make it up

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"

this is spot on

walsall

"

this is spot on

walsall

No one denies that the earth is getting warmer, it's a fact and it has been since the last ice age. What people object to is the fact that recent government have used it as an excuse to over tax everyone and convince the weak minded that it is for the good of the planet.

I'm all for less pollution, cleaner cars, cleaner fuels and improved quality of life in the places we live, but I object to being taxed to the hilt to subsidize so called green schemes that create just as much pollution as before.

"I love having a laugh at climate change deniers.

Its like having a debate with a flat earth believer.its been proven they are wrong but still bang the drum.

If you are happy believing the petro chem lobbying groups and all the right Wing cunts in America where denial mainly comes from.feel free to.

What if we don't?

Have a look at predicted sea level maps after the ice melts even more than it already has."

walsall

No one denies that the earth is getting warmer, it's a fact and it has been since the last ice age. What people object to is the fact that recent government have used it as an excuse to over tax everyone and convince the weak minded that it is for the good of the planet.

I'm all for less pollution, cleaner cars, cleaner fuels and improved quality of life in the places we live, but I object to being taxed to the hilt to subsidize so called green schemes that create just as much pollution as before.

"I love having a laugh at climate change deniers.

What if we don't?

Have a look at predicted sea level maps after the ice melts even more than it already has."

MANKIND - the biggest blight on planet Earth!

Huh!, climate change denier !!, makes a change from heretic I suppose .

I suppose you will want to be burning us next ?.

By *tirling DarkCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

"800 scientists

Crock of shit ! "

You obviously speak with such authority and your PhD is in what subject?

"800 scientists

Crock of shit ! "

i agree its just a way of getting more tax out of us

bloody cows / animals in general cause damage than humans with the methane that they omit from their backsides

Save us having to build a new train line to the new beach, if it does come true in the next 20 or so years.

Palace Of Westminster LIDO anyone ????

By *ulie and PaulCouple  over a year ago

stockportish

"800 scientists

Crock of shit ! "

Except for the politicians who will harp on endlessly on how they have to tax us to save the planet

Well if you want to sav the planet, support your local flu pandemic this year and dont cover your mouth when you cough AND make sure to handle money and doorknobs with dirty hands

"800 scientists

Crock of shit !

bloody cows / animals in general cause damage than humans with the methane that they omit from their backsides "

Er......ya gone a bit cockeyed there!

WHY are there soooo many cows???? To supply the HUMAN food chain!

"800 scientists

Crock of shit !

bloody cows / animals in general cause damage than humans with the methane that they omit from their backsides

WHY are there soooo many cows???? To supply the HUMAN food chain! "

Haa

I think he sounds like a daily fail reader.

Cows cause more damage than humans haha.

People should want to keep in check the amount of shit we put into the atmosphere.

Its not even a debate any more,we are causing the planet to warm.

The signs are there already with the eratic weather.

So many self proclaimed experts and scientists on here.

Listen to the experts,they say its us.

They are not the government trying to get more money.

ok, scientists are given HUGE subsidies to do this kind of research.

what has been released?

the 'fact' that they are 95% sure the humans MAY be the largest contributor to climate change (notice it has changed from global warming, because temps actually fluctuate rather than just get warmer).

no figures released.

so lets make it very simplistic.

if there are ONLU 5 contributing factors to climate change, doesnt matter what they are, only the amount, then, that means humanity only has to contribute a minimum of 21% tot he whole thing to be considered the dominant cause.

so, lets say, the arse trumping plant of madagascar contributes 20% of the cause, in actuality, this single plant life is worse for the environment from its wee bolthole in madagascar, than humans that inhabit the entire surface of the planet.

again, VERY simplistic, but a basis for the 'facts' that have been released.

and no, i dont read the daily mail!

"ok, scientists are given HUGE subsidies to do this kind of research.

what has been released?

the 'fact' that they are 95% sure the humans MAY be the largest contributor to climate change (notice it has changed from global warming, because temps actually fluctuate rather than just get warmer).

no figures released.

so lets make it very simplistic.

if there are ONLU 5 contributing factors to climate change, doesnt matter what they are, only the amount, then, that means humanity only has to contribute a minimum of 21% tot he whole thing to be considered the dominant cause.

so, lets say, the arse trumping plant of madagascar contributes 20% of the cause, in actuality, this single plant life is worse for the environment from its wee bolthole in madagascar, than humans that inhabit the entire surface of the planet.

again, VERY simplistic, but a basis for the 'facts' that have been released.

and no, i dont read the daily mail!"

"800 scientists

Crock of shit !

WHY are there soooo many cows???? To supply the HUMAN food chain!

Haa

I think he sounds like a daily fail reader.

Cows cause more damage than humans haha.

People should want to keep in check the amount of shit we put into the atmosphere.

Its not even a debate any more,we are causing the planet to warm.

The signs are there already with the eratic weather.

So many self proclaimed experts and scientists on here.

Listen to the experts,they say its us.

They are not the government trying to get more money."

You've mentioned the Daily "Fail" a few times now. Do you work for an opposition paper? Are the Daily Mail responsible for global warming? If you think they are I will start buying the Mirror instead

The daily mail are renound deniers,printing mis-information.

Can't beat a bit of right wing propaganda on a sunday morning.

The paper is that shit,they have to bribe people with free cd's

So what paper can I buy that informs me without being biased ?

"So what paper can I buy that informs me without being biased ?"

private eye lol

moston

"

no figures released.

"

Cant be bothered with the rest of your crap, but this bit I just cant let go!

800 scientists have just published a paper!

It's not a letter to the local rag! It's a Scientific Paper! It lists every experiment carried out, how they were done and with what and ALL THE RESULTS!

It's called the "scientific method" and it is subject to "pier review" that's where other scientists repeat the experiments and retake measurements and compare the results.

And Just so there can be no mistake that's why its needed 6 years and 800 scientists! Everything has been checked and rechecked!

One or three questions on a related subject.

Do you or have you smoked tobacco?

If yes:

When the dreaded scientists were telling you that smoking increased the risk of lung, throat and mouth cancer. did you believe them or the tobacco companies?

Do you think that maybe the tobacco companies lied to you in order to line their pockets at the expense of your health?

Back on subject (sort of): Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the petrochemical industry is destroying the atmosphere to line their own pockets and your one of the saps whose swallowing their propaganda rather like millions kept puffing the fags all the way to the grave because they where told there was no proof of the link between tobacco and cancer?

I just don't get it.

Paper does not print what I want it to = paper is shit and prints lies and half truths

..... Isn't this all papers?

Also to counter your argument, one could argue that the vast majority of climate change believers have an incentive. Do you work for an beneficiary organisation?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Is the climate changing? Yes. Is mankind to blame? Partly. Will green taxes in Britain and Europe change anything? Not a jot.

Meanwhile our industrial competitiveness is being crushed by "green" regulation and unnecessary "green" costs, millions are being driven into fuel poverty, and there is a fair chance of power cuts in the not too distant future. While we are busy tilting at (bloody useless) windmills the Chinese are building coal fired power stations at an alarming rate.

Oh and before anyone jumps up shouting blame the Tory boys and the Eton toffs Etc. It might just be worth remembering who signed us up to the carbon targets that are at the root of the problem. Yes you guessed it, the former energy secretary who is now promising to freeze bills. Mr Ed Milliband hypocrite in chief of the hypocrisy party.

" Do you work for an beneficiary organisation?"

No,I just think we owe future generations a planet like we know it.

Surely that is only normal?

"Is the climate changing? Yes. Is mankind to blame? Partly. Will green taxes in Britain and Europe change anything? Not a jot.

Meanwhile our industrial competitiveness is being crushed by "green" regulation and unnecessary "green" costs, millions are being driven into fuel poverty, and there is a fair chance of power cuts in the not too distant future. While we are busy tilting at (bloody useless) windmills the Chinese are building coal fired power stations at an alarming rate.

Oh and before anyone jumps up shouting blame the Tory boys and the Eton toffs Etc. It might just be worth remembering who signed us up to the carbon targets that are at the root of the problem. Yes you guessed it, the former energy secretary who is now promising to freeze bills. Mr Ed Milliband hypocrite in chief of the hypocrisy party."

Well said .

"

no figures released.

It's not a letter to the local rag! It's a Scientific Paper! It lists every experiment carried out, how they were done and with what and ALL THE RESULTS!

It's called the "scientific method" and it is subject to "pier review" that's where other scientists repeat the experiments and retake measurements and compare the results.

And Just so there can be no mistake that's why its needed 6 years and 800 scientists! Everything has been checked and rechecked!

If yes:

When the dreaded scientists were telling you that smoking increased the risk of lung, throat and mouth cancer. did you believe them or the tobacco companies?

Do you think that maybe the tobacco companies lied to you in order to line their pockets at the expense of your health?

Back on subject (sort of): Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the petrochemical industry is destroying the atmosphere to line their own pockets and your one of the saps whose swallowing their propaganda rather like millions kept puffing the fags all the way to the grave because they where told there was no proof of the link between tobacco and cancer?"

never smoked, filthy habit.

i dont believe everything i hear, and only part of everything i read.

again, until figures are released to the public, without having to read through thousands of pages of gobbledegook i believe what i believe, you do waht you want, and i will feel no lesser about you personally than you do about me.

however, much like cancer charities, it is NOT in scientists best interests to say this isnt happening/its not huminities fault, as, using your example of tabacco companies talking to line their own pockets, hundreds of millions in grants and subsidies are given to scientists each year, to find out how much we are causing it, IF we are causing it, how much tax can be charged to stop it, blah blah blah, so if you want to read, and believe, the words of people, on the other side of the fence, that are lining their pockets by doing this research, then by all means go right ahead.

have never seen a poor scientist though. have you?

Lancashire

"800 scientists

Crock of shit !

You obviously speak with such authority and your PhD is in what subject? "

I've got 3

Common sense

Shagging

Spotting bullshit a mile away

"

no figures released.

If yes:

Back on subject (sort of): Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the petrochemical industry is destroying the atmosphere to line their own pockets and your one of the saps whose swallowing their propaganda rather like millions kept puffing the fags all the way to the grave because they where told there was no proof of the link between tobacco and cancer?

never smoked, filthy habit.

again, until figures are released to the public, without having to read through thousands of pages of gobbledegook i believe what i believe, you do waht you want, and i will feel no lesser about you personally than you do about me.

however, much like cancer charities, it is NOT in scientists best interests to say this isnt happening/its not huminities fault, as, using your example of tabacco companies talking to line their own pockets, hundreds of millions in grants and subsidies are given to scientists each year, to find out how much we are causing it, IF we are causing it, how much tax can be charged to stop it, blah blah blah, so if you want to read, and believe, the words of people, on the other side of the fence, that are lining their pockets by doing this research, then by all means go right ahead.

have never seen a poor scientist though. have you?"

No, also have you seen a railway engineer become the lead of said scientists ?.

Rajendra K. Pachauri , commanding the IPCC , much more grandiose than building a railway eh ?.

In simple terms...

Our planet goes through various complex cycles of warming and cooling - which it is able to adjust to over time.

The extremes of these natural cycles are enough on their own to wipe us out as a species - they have resulted in mass extinctions before.

What we have done is to artificially accelerate these natural rates - which will induce new extremes.

This is on top of relatively recent changes to the global environment caused by Panama rising and altering vital controlling oceanic currents.

We are a very new species and it is unlikely that we will survive for a long period of time - we are now simply aggravating the situation.

We will not notice global warming as an event while it is only sea ice that melts - but when the land ice cover begins to melt, we will notice. Try to imagine Britain under an extra 600 feet of sea water...

Or imagine the effect of melting ice altering the salinity of the oceans, and shutting off the vital life-supporting currents such as the Gulf Stream, plunging Britain into permanent winter, while equatorial countries burn dry.

The planet will survive - we will not.

General opinion amongst geologists (yes, I'm one) is that we have put a gun to our heads and have already pulled the trigger - we are merely waiting for the bullet to arrive.

Have a nice day while you can - one day there will be no more nice days left. We might not see the end, but our children, or their children very well might....

Lancashire

Oh well

May as well get as much shagging do e while we can

Drop us an email please while there's still time

Perhaps we can do some of our own research !!

moston

"never smoked, filthy habit.

have never seen a poor scientist though. have you?"

OK, I can fully accept you argument about gobbledygook (great word by the way) and its volume. But it is not written for us it is written for other scientists so they can repeat, redesign and build on the work already done. We have to trust them to explain it too us or become specialists in every research field ourselves. Scientists argue, scientists are a belligerent group of egotists, but they are probably the most honest and open-minded people in the world (you dont learn if you cant accept that you can get it wrong). And my experience of blue-sky research is your success or failure is not measured in proving your right or wrong but by extending knowledge by reaching provable conclusions by taking consistent measurements and observations from repeatable experiments. No matter the premise at the start of a piece of research provided a scientist is successful as laid out above they will always find funding for research. It's when they falsify data or results that the money dries up.

As for rich scientists, I know a couple of research physicists who used to work in Daresbury before it closed down and they did not earn a lot. I also know a research assistant who works in Salford Uni, she earns less than £18,000 a year.

However I also know a lady who is a research chemist working for Lever Bro's formulating new cleaning products, now she earns a fortune but not as much as the guy who works for Zenica in Alderley Park designing drugs.

So yes there are some scientists who make a lot of money (I know 2) but most work in universities, dont get the students holidays and earn less than the checkout girl in Lidl (they get £9.50 an hour after 3 years).

By *tirling DarkCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

It is amazing how many environmental scientists are members of a swingers site. Truly amazing.

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

I often hold my head in my hands when reading the forums but there really isn't a facepalm big enough for this thread.

Science should be an all or nothing thing, don't believe that global warming is real - fine, but no antibiotics, aeroplanes or Internet for you. Evolution is bollocks too you say - fine, give us back your car and all that electricity you like so much.

Science is done by people much much smarter than most of us, many are bonafide geniuses who dedicate their lives to the pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge, not to line their pockets like the politicians and media do.

Glasgow

"Global warming is a fact.stop reading the daily mail.they cherry pick evidence to suit their view.

Its real and it us causing it.there is tonnes of research on it.

Scientists admit they don't have all the facts yet but, if we give them lots more research money, they might come up with a better answer next time.

Surprise, surprise."

When I wrote the above about research money, I wasn't talking about it going to individual scientists but to institutions.

Few scientists make much money unless you get on the telly or win a Nobel Prize.

moston

If the species and planet are fucked we may as well do as much fucking as we can

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

Western society needs to be scared of something. Now if that is a government designed plot for control or just the way society works I know not.

Post ww2 it was the communists and the cold war.

The wall came down and the threat disappered and at around the same time "global warming" (now changed to climate change as that phrase better fitted what the scientist could "prove") came on the scene. This became the religion of the 90s based on faith and theory (often dubious, vague and later proved to be inaccurate. The ozone layer being an excellent example) rather than fact.

Then came along 9/11. Suddenly there is a much more concrete based fear for society to dwell on and climate change pretty much drops off the agenda.

This story was headline news on Sky and the BBC yesterday. Top story. Today it doesn't appear on the top 20 stories of sky at all (although Larry the PMs cat does)and on the BBC site it is relegated to the top science story rather than a news item.

It is now at the stage where only the faithful give it any credence.

Whatever scenario is presented to us there will, unfortunately, always be an heap big bunch of Nero's who continue fiddling whilst Rome burns!

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"It is amazing how many environmental scientists are members of a swingers site. Truly amazing. "

Haha, exactly. I think I'll go with what actual qualified experts are saying on the subject rather than all you 'it's just a tax scam!' folks.

Most governments are doing very little to fight climate change.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"I often hold my head in my hands when reading the forums but there really isn't a facepalm big enough for this thread.

Science should be an all or nothing thing, don't believe that global warming is real - fine, but no antibiotics, aeroplanes or Internet for you. Evolution is bollocks too you say - fine, give us back your car and all that electricity you like so much.

Science is done by people much much smarter than most of us, many are bonafide geniuses who dedicate their lives to the pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge, not to line their pockets like the politicians and media do. "

have never seen a poor scientist though. have you?OK, I can fully accept you argument about gobbledygook (great word by the way) and its volume. But it is not written for us it is written for other scientists so they can repeat, redesign and build on the work already done. We have to trust them to explain it too us or become specialists in every research field ourselves. Scientists argue, scientists are a belligerent group of egotists, but they are probably the most honest and open-minded people in the world (you dont learn if you cant accept that you can get it wrong). And my experience of blue-sky research is your success or failure is not measured in proving your right or wrong but by extending knowledge by reaching provable conclusions by taking consistent measurements and observations from repeatable experiments. No matter the premise at the start of a piece of research provided a scientist is successful as laid out above they will always find funding for research. It's when they falsify data or results that the money dries up."

im suprised gobbledegook never showed up on my spell checker. lol.

as for scientists being open minded and honest, generally, they arent lol.

they come up with a theory and make the 'facts' fit it, especially theoretical scientists.

there is no foundation for string theory, or dark matter making up the majority of 'space', or the higgs bosun, but someone somewhere has decided that each of these things exists and needs a heck of a wedge to prove it.

all science is based on theory until it is proven.

Here and there

have never seen a poor scientist though. have you?OK, I can fully accept you argument about gobbledygook (great word by the way) and its volume. But it is not written for us it is written for other scientists so they can repeat, redesign and build on the work already done. We have to trust them to explain it too us or become specialists in every research field ourselves. Scientists argue, scientists are a belligerent group of egotists, but they are probably the most honest and open-minded people in the world (you dont learn if you cant accept that you can get it wrong). And my experience of blue-sky research is your success or failure is not measured in proving your right or wrong but by extending knowledge by reaching provable conclusions by taking consistent measurements and observations from repeatable experiments. No matter the premise at the start of a piece of research provided a scientist is successful as laid out above they will always find funding for research. It's when they falsify data or results that the money dries up.

im suprised gobbledegook never showed up on my spell checker. lol.

as for scientists being open minded and honest, generally, they arent lol.

they come up with a theory and make the 'facts' fit it, especially theoretical scientists.

there is no foundation for string theory, or dark matter making up the majority of 'space', or the higgs bosun, but someone somewhere has decided that each of these things exists and needs a heck of a wedge to prove it.

all science is based on theory until it is proven."

I think you need to look up what the word theory actually means when related to science.

And the Higgs boson does exist.

ah, words have different meanings depending on what job you are in?

that explains the payscale then.

One fact is that the worlds population has doubled in the last 30 years & the Co2 sucking rainforests have halved - yeah, we're alright Jack - but our great, great grandkids?????????????????????

A few years ago, Richard Branson & other knobs were offering several million to anyone who could come up with a viable method to reduce Co2; when a primary school kid could have told them the answer;

Instead of depleting forests - plant some more -

SIMPLES!

Here and there

"ah, words have different meanings depending on what job you are in?

that explains the payscale then. "

[Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.This is significantly different from the word "theory" in common usage, which implies that something is unsubstantiated or speculative.]

The word theory is not used lightly by scientists. Gravity is "just a theory".

"One fact is that the worlds population has doubled in the last 30 years & the Co2 sucking rainforests have halved - yeah, we're alright Jack - but our great, great grandkids?????????????????????

A few years ago, Richard Branson & other knobs were offering several million to anyone who could come up with a viable method to reduce Co2; when a primary school kid could have told them the answer;

Instead of depleting forests - plant some more -

SIMPLES!"

and murder everyones first born!!!

although thats a joke, i really wouldnt mind in our family. my older brother is a dick of the highest order lol

Glasgow

that explains the payscale then. "

Indeed they do. A hooker's punter isn't the same as a bookie's punter.

that explains the payscale then.

Indeed they do. A hooker's punter isn't the same as a bookie's punter.

"

yes they are.

both clients that dont mind being taken for a ride while handing over their hard earned lol

moston

"there is no foundation for string theory, or dark matter making up the majority of 'space', or the higgs bosun, but someone somewhere has decided that each of these things exists and needs a heck of a wedge to prove it.

all science is based on theory until it is proven."

I think we will agree to differ in our view of scientists.

But as for the above. String Theory is the best explanation of what has been observed, dark matter and energy are postulations to explain more unexplained observations.

We know there is something there but we dont know what, so until we find it we will call it "Jerald"

"No" "if we call it jerald people will laugh!"

"You name it then"

"OK...

lets call it...

Dark matter" no one will laugh at that...

As for the Hick's, you dont know what Cern is for if you think it was built to discover some more sub-atomic particles.

They are the spin-off freebies

..............errrrrrrrm, that's all very well but...............have we moved on from global warming to dark matter now? Speaking of which, I'm off for my morning dump - C U!

Lancashire

Climate change

As Jim Royale puts it finely

"My arse"

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

AS many have sadi, the climate is changing - it always does, it always has.

The case for androgynous global warming is far from proven.

800 scientists is by no means the the total of all scientists qualified to have an opinion.

There is much dissent amongst the scientific community, but the sceptics get less press and have less influence.

The IPCC fabricated the figures - check it out it's all on line - I've read some of their FORTRAN code where they put multipliers on the data for no reason, save to try and get it to fit the hockey stick.

The press is being managed, the name has changed to climate change, the predictions are being softened.

My analysis of the data, when viewed over the last 100,000 years or so is that there's no significant evidence that anything unusual is going on yet. We certainly haven't reached the levels of warming that have happened several times in the past, nor is the rate of change anything unusual.

That being said, I'm a closet hippy at heart, I believe in being kind to the planet. I hate that we burn non renewable fossil fuels instead of investing more in renewables. We need to get off oil for a whole host of reasons.

Speaking as a scientist, my view is, and has been for 30 years or more, that the sheeple are being sold a crock of shit. There are several agendas at play.

Science never has been nor ever will be a definitive set of rules and laws. The more we learn, the more questions it leads to. Scientific laws are modified and sometimes rejected on an ongoing basis, some are found only to be true in certain circumstances and therefore, are not absolute.

We simply do not have the computing power, knowledge and expertise to make anything like accurate predictions about our climate - there are too many variables to factor in and their behaviour is not sufficiently understood.

Opinions are cheap, everyone has loads and they're always trying to give you theirs.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but those opinions that are less informed, have less value and validity.

Lancashire

"AS many have sadi, the climate is changing - it always does, it always has.

The case for androgynous global warming is far from proven.

800 scientists is by no means the the total of all scientists qualified to have an opinion.

There is much dissent amongst the scientific community, but the sceptics get less press and have less influence.

The IPCC fabricated the figures - check it out it's all on line - I've read some of their FORTRAN code where they put multipliers on the data for no reason, save to try and get it to fit the hockey stick.

The press is being managed, the name has changed to climate change, the predictions are being softened.

My analysis of the data, when viewed over the last 100,000 years or so is that there's no significant evidence that anything unusual is going on yet. We certainly haven't reached the levels of warming that have happened several times in the past, nor is the rate of change anything unusual.

That being said, I'm a closet hippy at heart, I believe in being kind to the planet. I hate that we burn non renewable fossil fuels instead of investing more in renewables. We need to get off oil for a whole host of reasons.

Speaking as a scientist, my view is, and has been for 30 years or more, that the sheeple are being sold a crock of shit. There are several agendas at play.

Science never has been nor ever will be a definitive set of rules and laws. The more we learn, the more questions it leads to. Scientific laws are modified and sometimes rejected on an ongoing basis, some are found only to be true in certain circumstances and therefore, are not absolute.

We simply do not have the computing power, knowledge and expertise to make anything like accurate predictions about our climate - there are too many variables to factor in and their behaviour is not sufficiently understood.

Opinions are cheap, everyone has loads and they're always trying to give you theirs.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but those opinions that are less informed, have less value and validity.

"

And as I started the thread I think the above quote deserves to end it

Well said !!!!!

» Add a new message to this topic