FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Charity Case

Charity Case

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just had a very productive day shopping. As along with being my 3rd favourite thing, it allows me to indulge my 4th favourite thing which is frightening the locals.

Anyway, today was all about charity shops. Mama needed some new handbags and shiz and she wasn't disappointed. A leather jacket from Next for a fiver, bargain! Inverness has in the region of 15 of the shops so you can spend an entire afternoon trawling through them as I did. A friend in London while going through a charity shop in Kensington found a pair of Laboutin shoes for £10.

So do anyone else like a charity shop crawl? Or found any bargains of note? There's probably no point in asking the guys

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

Get Mrs JFL tons if stuff from Charity Shops, both for wearing out and for her modelling. Vintage fur coats that she's got for nothing as they're not allowed to sell/accept them (we know a couple of the managers in the charity shops in our town now), a Karen Millen dress with the tags still on for £12, endless designer hats etc.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I always get a bit 'funny' in charity shops but my landlady gets loads of bargains so I really should get over myself.

Buying from a charity shop is not different to buying off ebay is it really

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"......

Buying from a charity shop is not different to buying off ebay is it really "

Except that in the shop you can check out your purchases before buying.

No not really different from an ebay auction I suppose. There's still a stigma attached to it in todays status symbol driven society though. Luckily a fuck I could not give!

I got a gorgeous 50s swing dress for £3. It was Vivian of Hollywood or summat make. I have lots of glamour stuff all second hand, mostly ebay

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I got a jeager dress still in their store for £5.99 rrp £180

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I have so many things from charity shops my best bargains are a brand new with tags suede coat for fifteen pounds and a silk top from a small Paris shop for two fifty that originally cost about a hundred quid.

Love charity shops.

Glasgow

"I got a gorgeous 50s swing dress for £3. It was Vivian of Hollywood or summat make. I have lots of glamour stuff all second hand, mostly ebay"

Fredericks of Hollywood?

I love browsing in charity shops. I donate clothes to them so dont feel any shame about buying from them too.

By *igellahestonCouple  over a year ago

Darleston

"I got a gorgeous 50s swing dress for £3. It was Vivian of Hollywood or summat make. I have lots of glamour stuff all second hand, mostly ebay

Fredericks of Hollywood?"

Female here, forgot I'm not on my s.f account

By *igellahestonCouple  over a year ago

Darleston

"I got a gorgeous 50s swing dress for £3. It was Vivian of Hollywood or summat make. I have lots of glamour stuff all second hand, mostly ebay

Fredericks of Hollywood?

Female here, forgot I'm not on my s.f account "

Oops confusing myself now!

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

I've been a fan of charity shops since my teens and have had many bargains over the years.

My best one was a year or so ago when I found an 'as new' Prada bag for £7. Staff is charity shops are getting a little more savvy now when it comes to designer names but there are still fantastic bargains to be had.

I have found lately though, a lot of the shops are undergoing 'refurbishments' making them a bit more flash - and along with that come price hikes, with some clothes being almost as much as they were new. I do find that a bit of a cheek ... it won't stop me bargain hunting though.

Glasgow

The Yanks call it thrift shopping which sounds less down market than charity shopping.

There's also a vintage clothing shop in the city, and that stuff IS pricey!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

"There's also a vintage clothing shop in the city, and that stuff IS pricey!"

And they get a lot of their stuff from hitting the charity shops early and also taking the fur coats that they're not allowed to accept, hence we got in there first with the fur coat deal!

» Add a new message to this topic