FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The bells, the bells .........

The bells, the bells .........

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nny OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

A priest/ vicar/ minister appeared on Antiques Roadshow with a possible Old Master painting last night - maybe a Van Dyck?

They did the usual is it/ isn't it pish and asked him what he'd do with the money (£ hundreds of thousands)if it turned out to be real.

His plan, despite the poverty all around is to 'rehang his church bells'.

Good to know he's got his priorities right.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

It's his money why can't he spend it how he likes? Do you give all your wealth to the poor?

evesham

And if the painting belongs to the church surely spending it on the church is the right thing to do? I'm sure the church donate alto to charity anyway.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A priest/ vicar/ minister appeared on Antiques Roadshow with a possible Old Master painting last night - maybe a Van Dyck?

They did the usual is it/ isn't it pish and asked him what he'd do with the money (£ hundreds of thousands)if it turned out to be real.

Good to know he's got his priorities right."

So if you win the lottery I can expect you to sort all the potholes my local council can't afford to fix or maybe start several youth projects to help prepare teenagers for a long and industrious adult life!

Glasgow

"It's his money why can't he spend it how he likes? Do you give all your wealth to the poor?"

No question it's his picture and his money to spend as he wishes. It just doesn't seem a very xtian (assuming he is) thing to do.

Saw some of them paintings Dick Van Dyke did in Mary Poppins . He is good

Glasgow

"A priest/ vicar/ minister appeared on Antiques Roadshow with a possible Old Master painting last night - maybe a Van Dyck?

Good to know he's got his priorities right.

So if you win the lottery I can expect you to sort all the potholes my local council can't afford to fix or maybe start several youth projects to help prepare teenagers for a long and industrious adult life!"

Lottery? I can't be arsed with voluntary taxation.

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

[Removed by poster at 30/09/13 12:36:50]

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

xtian?

Chinese? 

evesham

"It's his money why can't he spend it how he likes? Do you give all your wealth to the poor?

No question it's his picture and his money to spend as he wishes. It just doesn't seem a very xtian (assuming he is) thing to do."

It's not like he is buying cocaine and strippers is it. He is paying for the upkeep of his church so that his parishioners can keep enjoying using the church.

Glasgow

"It's his money why can't he spend it how he likes? Do you give all your wealth to the poor?

No question it's his picture and his money to spend as he wishes. It just doesn't seem a very xtian (assuming he is) thing to do.

It's not like he is buying cocaine and strippers is it. He is paying for the upkeep of his church so that his parishioners can keep enjoying using the church. "

He's rehanging his bells. As you may have realised, I have no truck with people of faith but, if his building were falling down, that'd be one thing - but rehanging bells????????

evesham

Maybe the bells needed rehaaging. Maybe they fell off.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

It's not like he is buying cocaine and strippers is it. He is paying for the upkeep of his church so that his parishioners can keep enjoying using the church. "

If he wanted to spend it on cocaine n strippers its up to him isn't it?

Glasgow

"Maybe the bells needed rehaaging. Maybe they fell off. "

Maybe he's expecting an invasion.

Glasgow

It's not like he is buying cocaine and strippers is it. He is paying for the upkeep of his church so that his parishioners can keep enjoying using the church. If he wanted to spend it on cocaine n strippers its up to him isn't it?"

And hookers. Very popular with clergymen.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Sure it wasn't his balls..

his money, his choice..

dirtybigbadsgirlville

It's not like he is buying cocaine and strippers is it. He is paying for the upkeep of his church so that his parishioners can keep enjoying using the church. If he wanted to spend it on cocaine n strippers its up to him isn't it?

And hookers. Very popular with clergymen."

So your whole thread isn't about how this guy is spending his money , its about the church in general?

By *obbygggMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Maybe the bells needed rehaaging. Maybe they fell off.

Maybe he's expecting an invasion."

We've already had one.

Birmingham

It's not like he is buying cocaine and strippers is it. He is paying for the upkeep of his church so that his parishioners can keep enjoying using the church. If he wanted to spend it on cocaine n strippers its up to him isn't it?

And hookers. Very popular with clergymen.So your whole thread isn't about how this guy is spending his money , its about the church in general?"

Only Christian churches.

Glasgow

And hookers. Very popular with clergymen.So your whole thread isn't about how this guy is spending his money , its about the church in general?"

Hypocrisy wherever it's found.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

And hookers. Very popular with clergymen.So your whole thread isn't about how this guy is spending his money , its about the church in general?

Hypocrisy wherever it's found."

Oh dear.....have you thought of counselling?

Glasgow

"...

And hookers. Very popular with clergymen.So your whole thread isn't about how this guy is spending his money , its about the church in general?

Hypocrisy wherever it's found.Oh dear.....have you thought of counselling?"

I'm too old for a career change.

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

I have to say, it didn't look like a Van Dyke to me. At best, a very poor "Van Dyke school".

Glasgow

"I have to say, it didn't look like a Van Dyke to me. At best, a very poor "Van Dyke school"."

That's television for you.

It's not like he is buying cocaine and strippers is it. He is paying for the upkeep of his church so that his parishioners can keep enjoying using the church.

He's rehanging his bells. As you may have realised, I have no truck with people of faith but, if his building were falling down, that'd be one thing - but rehanging bells????????"

Wow you think small don't you! A church is regularly used for weddings brides like the bells to ring and often charge extra for it I know investment in generating income isn't huge in Jocko land but surely you can push yourself to see the bigger picture.

evesham

It's not like he is buying cocaine and strippers is it. He is paying for the upkeep of his church so that his parishioners can keep enjoying using the church. If he wanted to spend it on cocaine n strippers its up to him isn't it?"

In my eyes yes, in the eyes of hos employer probably not

Even if he spent it on cocaine and strippers it'd still be his choice...good for him I say! Everyone should do what makes them happy!

Glasgow

"

Wow you think small don't you! A church is regularly used for weddings brides like the bells to ring and often charge extra for it I know investment in generating income isn't huge in Jocko land but surely you can push yourself to see the bigger picture. "

Quasimodo liked bells too. Doesn't mean they should be encouraged.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Wow you think small don't you!

I know investment in generating income isn't huge in Jocko land but surely you can push yourself to see the bigger picture. "

are you not being ironic in suggesting someone is 'thinking small' with your 'jocko land' jibe..

Birmingham

"

Wow you think small don't you! A church is regularly used for weddings brides like the bells to ring and often charge extra for it I know investment in generating income isn't huge in Jocko land but surely you can push yourself to see the bigger picture.

Quasimodo liked bells too. Doesn't mean they should be encouraged."

What's that supposed to mean?

"

Wow you think small don't you!

I know investment in generating income isn't huge in Jocko land but surely you can push yourself to see the bigger picture.

are you not being ironic in suggesting someone is 'thinking small' with your 'jocko land' jibe..

"

Quite the opposite capital investment in Jocko land is down right now as many companies are unsure what the future is bringing.

"

Quasimodo liked bells too. Doesn't mean they should be encouraged.What's that supposed to mean? "

It means he doesn't want the bells back it disturbs his Sunday lie in.

Glasgow

"

Quasimodo liked bells too. Doesn't mean they should be encouraged.

What's that supposed to mean?

It means he doesn't want the bells back it disturbs his Sunday lie in. "

That'd definitely give him the hump.

» Add a new message to this topic