FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Off your meds

Off your meds

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm off my meds, anyone else?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope last time I came off my meds I ended up in hospital real ill... Almost resultd in Diabetic coma!

Have no conditions that require medication, rarely ill

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Ohh ..I dont bother for days and then I do.. Not sure they help particularly either way.

depends what meds you're on I suppose. If I stopped taking mind I'd grind to a halt eventually!

I don't have any meds....

I fortunate enough not to need any, but if your on them must be for a reason, hence not a reason, to just decide I'm off my mess

"I fortunate enough not to need any, but if your on them must be for a reason, hence not a reason, to just decide I'm off my mess "
meds even!

Not a chance. Don't like status epilepticus and not going back there.

"I fortunate enough not to need any, but if your on them must be for a reason, hence not a reason, to just decide I'm off my mess meds even!"

are you sure?

Not on any, and nothing atypical with regard to my latest blood tests.

Almost finished steroids and antibiotics. And now have the epi-pen permanently on stand-by in my handbag.

Meaningless statement without knowing what meds. if your cold has stopped and you don't need any more lemsip great.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If I stopped taking my meds I wouldn't have been able to eat all the yummy food over Xmas. Stay safe kids

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I came off the co codamol. Shit? What a difference.

"I fortunate enough not to need any, but if your on them must be for a reason, hence not a reason, to just decide I'm off my mess meds even!

are you sure? "

Haha seren hmmm im beginning to wonder myself x

"Meaningless statement without knowing what meds. if your cold has stopped and you don't need any more lemsip great."

"I'm off my meds, anyone else?"

Should you be...?!?!

I'll be on mine until the end of my days I'm afraid! Diagnosed with low test at the tender age of 32 certainly dampens your spirits. Awful thing to have and even harder the deal with when you're a lover of all things sexual.

The meds work but it's a roller coaster and one I'm sure RG didn't have to be on. Without them I'd be grumpy, anxious and have constant ED so have to count myself lucky I have them.

Anti depressants, forgot to take them with me when I went away.

Ooh be careful comin off them too quick if you been on em for a long time x some have withdrawals.

"Anti depressants, forgot to take them with me when I went away. "

That was a bit silly! How long are you away for? I always carry spares in my handbag in case I forget no matter where I go!

"Anti depressants, forgot to take them with me when I went away. "

How long are you away for, if it's for a while it might be an idea to call your doctor for some advice.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Well the thyroxine no I should take them more regularly I miss a few days then take again.

The antidepressants bit more hit and miss with those.

Good for you maybe now its time to stop a while. See how you cope without.

"Ooh be careful comin off them too quick if you been on em for a long time x some have withdrawals.

"

Ooooo tell me about it! I'm Mr impatient bad mood fit no reason! Good thing is though I'm off all the tablets I was on for heart failure! Yay me!

"Ooh be careful comin off them too quick if you been on em for a long time x some have withdrawals.

Ooooo tell me about it! I'm Mr impatient bad mood fit no reason! Good thing is though I'm off all the tablets I was on for heart failure! Yay me!"

Well that's all good then (re the heart meds).

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

I can't come off mine I am the most irrational person when I do it's horrible and even I hate me. The withdrawal on mine is horrendous but they work great for me when I take them properly. Dr said I will most likely be on them gor life as every time I down the dose I sink into a horrible depression. I take 150mg daily 75 in the morning and 75 in the evening.

Just the Anadin extra to get rid of the alcohol induced headache. Never drinking again!!

I wish, it's going to be a long haul for me. But I am pleased for the OP for getting off of them xx Ruby

"I can't come off mine I am the most irrational person when I do it's horrible and even I hate me. The withdrawal on mine is horrendous but they work great for me when I take them properly. Dr said I will most likely be on them gor life as every time I down the dose I sink into a horrible depression. I take 150mg daily 75 in the morning and 75 in the evening. "

I am on that dosage for anti depressents and 4 other tabets as well..

By *irtyDee33Woman  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

"I can't come off mine I am the most irrational person when I do it's horrible and even I hate me. The withdrawal on mine is horrendous but they work great for me when I take them properly. Dr said I will most likely be on them gor life as every time I down the dose I sink into a horrible depression. I take 150mg daily 75 in the morning and 75 in the evening. "

I'm the same with mine but only 60mg per day, think I might need to up them though

You shouldn't just come off them just like that, ive done it before myself, you feel fine at first but within a few weeks the tablets were out of my system and I couldn't cope and went back on them. You have been given that dosage for a reason, doctors recommend if you come off anti depressants to reduced the dosage slowly instead of just stopping them outright.

You could feel fine now but may crash once they have worked there way out of your system.

Ooooo tell me about it! I'm Mr impatient bad mood fit no reason! Good thing is though I'm off all the tablets I was on for heart failure! Yay me!"

Can't you start them again if you have them or pop to a walk in centre or even Casualty if you haven't got them in an emergency. They will pull a face (I'm an ex cas. nurse) but they won't turn you away.

"You shouldn't just come off them just like that, ive done it before myself, you feel fine at first but within a few weeks the tablets were out of my system and I couldn't cope and went back on them. You have been given that dosage for a reason, doctors recommend if you come off anti depressants to reduced the dosage slowly instead of just stopping them outright.

You could feel fine now but may crash once they have worked there way out of your system."

This!!

Been off mine about a month

By *Kgirl80Woman  over a year ago

South Coast

After 3 years on mine, I came off about 6 weeks ago. Looking forward to a more resilient immune system and a healthy 2014

on my meds for life. Its for everyones safety and my sanity!

hopefully I'll be off mine in 6 more months once my back is healed till then i need them to control the constant pain.

Im down to 12 a day now and my carer said im doing well xx

Be careful OP, you were prescribed meds for a reason. Speak to your doc when you can to review/assess how things are going med-less. Maybe (with a positive mind) you can stay med free.

Personally, I don't have a choice, if I stop mine I run the risk of a hospital stay, coma style!

By *tirling DarkCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

"I came off the co codamol. Shit? What a difference."

"Shit", was that the affect of stopping the codeine? (Causes constipation )

To be fair he did say he forgot to take them with him. I don't think he intentionally came off them without his doctors advice. I hope you managed to get some more OP.

Stirling

"Well the thyroxine no I should take them more regularly I miss a few days then take again.

The antidepressants bit more hit and miss with those.

Good for you maybe now its time to stop a while. See how you cope without."

Sorry, far from "good for you"! Stopping antidepressants needs to be done under clinical supervision, not just because he forgot to take them.

Depending on the dose and length of time on the drug; they need to be gradually decreased over a period of time. This needs to be monitored for both side effects from lower dose and change in mental state.

Stirling

"To be fair he did say he forgot to take them with him. I don't think he intentionally came off them without his doctors advice. I hope you managed to get some more OP."

It is possible to register with another GP as an emergency patient and they can contact your GP and get prescription history. OP needs to speak to someone and get this sorted. It may well be time to come off them, however do this in a planned way.

"To be fair he did say he forgot to take them with him. I don't think he intentionally came off them without his doctors advice. I hope you managed to get some more OP.

It is possible to register with another GP as an emergency patient and they can contact your GP and get prescription history. OP needs to speak to someone and get this sorted. It may well be time to come off them, however do this in a planned way."

Yes, I did ask yesterday how long he was away but he never said. I don't have any experience of being on antidepressants but I know it can cause all sorts of side effects if not done slowly. My medication is for my Thyroid and I'm on them for life. I don't dare miss a day or I suffer.

"Nope last time I came off my meds I ended up in hospital real ill... Almost resultd in Diabetic coma! "

Also, ended up in bowel surgery !!! Suffice to say, now back on em'....... bloody doctors LOL

Not a good idea

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Stopping my meds suddenly is a bad idea, so no.

Besides, I'm bad enough with the meds. Nobody deserves to be faced with me without them.

Stirling

"Stopping my meds suddenly is a bad idea, so no.

Besides, I'm bad enough with the meds. Nobody deserves to be faced with me without them."

Ditto

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I came off the co codamol. Shit? What a difference.

"Shit", was that the affect of stopping the codeine? (Causes constipation ) "

Indeed.

I stopped taking my antid's in July. Never noticed any difference wether I was on them or not. I still get highs and massive lows with or without them.

"I stopped taking my antid's in July. Never noticed any difference wether I was on them or not. I still get highs and massive lows with or without them.

"

should you not be on mood stabilizer or certain atypical anti-psychotics instead of ADs if you're getting highs and lows?

Ads don't usually treat that, they're more just a fudge to raise serotonin an hope it works.

Was just going to start smoking a pipe.

"I stopped taking my antid's in July. Never noticed any difference wether I was on them or not. I still get highs and massive lows with or without them.

should you not be on mood stabilizer or certain atypical anti-psychotics instead of ADs if you're getting highs and lows?

Ads don't usually treat that, they're more just a fudge to raise serotonin an hope it works."

tbh the doc didn't really listen just bunged me a scrip for ads and sleeping pills (that I didn't ask for) I have been on the waiting list for couselling for 7 months and just had a letter saying it will be a further 6 months at least.

I think I'll just stick to hiding under the duvet on the low days

Enjoy those brain zaps.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

cant come off mine and docs wants to increase my anti depressants but I don't want to

Stirling

Ads don't usually treat that, they're more just a fudge to raise serotonin an hope it works."

Doesn't sound like diagnosis is right and when sayinf that there is 13 month wait for counselling, something isn't right.

» Add a new message to this topic