FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Calling all bikers!

Calling all bikers!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *umpkin OP   Man  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Just to let all of you who are interested in bikes that the season of weekly bike meets have started on the Quay in Poole, Dorset again. They take place on Tuesday nights and if it`s a nice sunny evening, it`s agreat place to be if bikes are your thing, or if you just want to go for the experience. There`s plenty of pubs and food outlets open, so no need to wander away from the area once your there. If your coming on a bike, you can join in the fun for a small fee, or if you`re more local and can get there more often, find out about a season ticket!

If you`re interested in coming but don`t know the area, send me a message and I`ll see what I can do!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

Hi Bumpkin

We also have bike meets in the midlands. It happens (also) on a tuesday from around 6.30pm at and around Basset's Pole Pub on the A446 near the Belfry Golf Club.

The pub does passable food and if you are desperate afterwards McDonald's is right opposite ! lol

Jane x

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

I forgot to mention that I frequented the Pool Quay meets when I was at uni back in 1974-78. At that time the Jolly Sailor was also doing a fantastic trad jazz night, but I have not been for a while now.

Jane x

By *umpkin OP   Man  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I do know that there are a number of venues around the country where similar meets take place of a regular basis. The quayside at Poole is a perticularly good place to go with the pubs/chippys one side of the road and the waterfront the other side. There is also a sculpture thingy to go up and take some pictures of the general scene. Not sure, but I think one of the pubs has closed in recent years. Don`t think it is the Jolly Sailor. Could be either the Lord Nelson or the Portsmouth Ho! Will have a look next time I`m that way!

By *anceandTranceCouple  over a year ago

durham

Is anyone going to 'into the valley' rally this weekend? (30th April) x

» Add a new message to this topic