FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > sciatica

sciatica

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *0hnnyBrav0 OP   Man  over a year ago

Great Wyrley

Has been a bloody nightmare all day!

Need a proper good rub down my left bootock and thigh!!!

That is all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I suffer with it too, you rub me then I'll rub you!

By *ardlovinmanMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Is it always the left leg and butt cheek? I'm the fucking same, starting on my lower leg too now, fucking awful lol.

Great Wyrley

"I suffer with it too, you rub me then I'll rub you!"

Defo!!

Is funkytown on platform 9 3/4's?

Or can I find it an easier way?

By *rsK69Woman  over a year ago

Neath

Gabapentin I find very good x Amitriptyline is also good but made me drowsy the next morning x

Mines in my left leg too....!! Don't get it often but when I do...oouucchh!!!

Great Wyrley

"Is it always the left leg and butt cheek? I'm the fucking same, starting on my lower leg too now, fucking awful lol."

I get it primarily in the left yes. Occasionally in the right but not very often or nearly as painful.

Suppose it serves me right for thinking I was invincable on a snowboard when I was younger eh? ha ha

I was suffering the other week in my lower back ~ 2 lots of osteopath & acupuncture later & it's on the mend, so painful!

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

two weeks iv been bad with it just about gone now till the next time

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

"I was suffering the other week in my lower back ~ 2 lots of osteopath & acupuncture later & it's on the mend, so painful!"
I didn't know wether to go to the osteopaths,did you find it worked??

Aberdeen

Lol, I done mine reaching for the remote about ten years ago, not very sexy I know!

"Is it always the left leg and butt cheek? I'm the fucking same, starting on my lower leg too now, fucking awful lol.

I get it primarily in the left yes. Occasionally in the right but not very often or nearly as painful.

Suppose it serves me right for thinking I was invincable on a snowboard when I was younger eh? ha ha"

I don't know if it's caused by abusing your body when you were younger, is it? I never did anything like that but I get sciatica in both legs, from my lower back all the way down to my feet. It's a nightmare, although it doesn't give me nightmares as it keeps me awake all night!

Aberdeen

I thought it might be on the left as it's weaker as I was right footed when I played football as a kid?

Great Wyrley

"Is it always the left leg and butt cheek? I'm the fucking same, starting on my lower leg too now, fucking awful lol.

Suppose it serves me right for thinking I was invincable on a snowboard when I was younger eh? ha ha

I don't know if it's caused by abusing your body when you were younger, is it? "

I did lots of silly things when I was younger!

The result is the 2 bottom discs in my spine deteriorating which causes all the other problems

Just for anyone that doesn't know - if you experience any of the following you should see your GP in case it's something more serious than Sciatica.

See your GP if:

You experience any other symptoms together with your back and leg pain, such as weight loss or loss of bladder or bowel control.

You experience increasingly more pain and discomfort.

Your pain is too severe to manage with self-help measures.

In these cases, your GP should check whether there is a more serious problem causing your pain.

I don't know if it's caused by abusing your body when you were younger, is it?

The result is the 2 bottom discs in my spine deteriorating which causes all the other problems "

That's what I have too, and I didn't even get to do anything silly when I was younger, at least you have the memories!

It's a bastard getting old isn't it!

By *my-blackTV/TS  over a year ago

Poole

Have you checked its not your piriformis muscle going into spasm. it surrounds the nerve bunch as they head off down your legs from lower back.

The muscle can go into spasm for a number of reasons but when it does it tightens around the nerve bunch and gives damm good sciatica symptoms.

A sports masseur can help identify. there is a particular point where pressure can be applied to help to release the muscle.

Great Wyrley

The result is the 2 bottom discs in my spine deteriorating which causes all the other problems

That's what I have too, and I didn't even get to do anything silly when I was younger, at least you have the memories!

It's a bastard getting old isn't it!"

Aye lol

Pm me if you want the details of my osteopath hun as it might be near to you.

Obviously you know I can't message you with the details lol

Great Wyrley

"Have you checked its not your piriformis muscle going into spasm. it surrounds the nerve bunch as they head off down your legs from lower back.

The muscle can go into spasm for a number of reasons but when it does it tightens around the nerve bunch and gives damm good sciatica symptoms.

A sports masseur can help identify. there is a particular point where pressure can be applied to help to release the muscle.

"

Bang on the money!

The muscle compensates for the weakness in my back. My osteopath is a sports masseur as you recommend. He explained it when it first happened.

It's a bastard getting old isn't it!

Aye lol

Pm me if you want the details of my osteopath hun as it might be near to you.

Obviously you know I can't message you with the details lol "

Thanks but your osteopath wouldn't be near me, I'm only in Funkytown once or twice a year

[Removed by poster at 25/02/14 21:13:37]

"I was suffering the other week in my lower back ~ 2 lots of osteopath & acupuncture later & it's on the mend, so painful!I didn't know wether to go to the osteopaths,did you find it worked??"

Absolutely ~ could hardly walk with the pain before I went in. Go with a recommendation though as they can vary.

Mines a hottie too

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I suffer from it occasionally, as well as having had a slipped disc.

Sometimes Chinese water torture would seem preferable

I get this lots in my butt cheek and lower back I always get co cocadamol and diazepam then im monged and just sleep for days till it easers

"I get this lots in my butt cheek and lower back I always get co cocadamol and diazepam then im monged and just sleep for days till it easers "

I don't find Co Codamol does anything for Sciatica pain, I take it for other back problems, but it doesn't touch the Sciatica. What I do find that helps is a hot wheatbag pressed to my lower back.

I have three cure alls in my life. A hot wheatbag, a cup of tea, and a long nap. If none of these work you are probably dying, sorry

Great Wyrley

So the rub doesn't work either?

Now you've shattered my illusions ha ha

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

the cure for sciatic pain depends on the cause of it. Physiotherapy and strengthening your core muscles can have a hugely beneficial effect.

If it is starting to affect your lower leg or even your foot and you have any numbness or pins and needles you need a GP straight away

"So the rub doesn't work either?

Now you've shattered my illusions ha ha"

I wouldn't know as I have no one to rub it

I forgot a fourth cure all - cuddle a cat, or in this case get it to lie snuggled into your back in place of the wheatbag.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I am on warfarin for life (due to a blood clot on ma lung) so have been advised that Codeiene is the best pain alleviation.

I have a high threshhold for pain, so I tend not to bother taking it too often for fear of becoming immune to it

"the cure for sciatic pain depends on the cause of it. Physiotherapy and strengthening your core muscles can have a hugely beneficial effect.

If it is starting to affect your lower leg or even your foot and you have any numbness or pins and needles you need a GP straight away"

This is excellent advice. I went to the doctor recently to get my co codamol prescription renewed and she insisted on doing an exam. Then told my symptoms were weird and I should see a Neurosurgeon and have an MRI scan. So that's a bit of fun to come

By *my-blackTV/TS  over a year ago

Poole

"Have you checked its not your piriformis muscle going into spasm. it surrounds the nerve bunch as they head off down your legs from lower back.

Bang on the money!

The muscle compensates for the weakness in my back. My osteopath is a sports masseur as you recommend. He explained it when it first happened.

"

one thing that can help to trigger it is dehydration. i usually get warning signs that i now recognise up to a day beforehand. Have to be aware for them. but drinking plenty and relaxation techniques means ive not suffered a bout in almost ten years and that is a blessed relief.

I'm a sufferer caused by a bulging disc. Best to keep moving and don't sit for long periods. Diclafenac and paracetamol is best for pain relief

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"the cure for sciatic pain depends on the cause of it. Physiotherapy and strengthening your core muscles can have a hugely beneficial effect.

If it is starting to affect your lower leg or even your foot and you have any numbness or pins and needles you need a GP straight away

This is excellent advice. I went to the doctor recently to get my co codamol prescription renewed and she insisted on doing an exam. Then told my symptoms were weird and I should see a Neurosurgeon and have an MRI scan. So that's a bit of fun to come "

Good! The MRI will sort out the cause of it.

Before I tell you this I will stress that I am an unusual case. I had a titanium implant in my spine to relieve the chronic pain in my sciatic nerve unfortunately it was left too long and the nerves in my leg are permanently damaged so that I have reduced sensation in my leg and foot...this doesn't cause me too much of a problem but I do keep treading on my husbands foot without knowing I'm doing it

Forum Mod

East Sussex

This is excellent advice. I went to the doctor recently to get my co codamol prescription renewed and she insisted on doing an exam. Then told my symptoms were weird and I should see a Neurosurgeon and have an MRI scan. So that's a bit of fun to come

Good! The MRI will sort out the cause of it.

Before I tell you this I will stress that I am an unusual case. I had a titanium implant in my spine to relieve the chronic pain in my sciatic nerve unfortunately it was left too long and the nerves in my leg are permanently damaged so that I have reduced sensation in my leg and foot...this doesn't cause me too much of a problem but I do keep treading on my husbands foot without knowing I'm doing it "

just to clarify the implant didn't cause the reduced sensation, the wait to have it done allowed that to happen

It's always interesting to hear other peoples experiences when they may be similar to ones own. I don't know if there is anything more serious going on with my back, I thought it was just a bit of sciatic pain to add to my usual problem, I only went in because I wanted more drugs! I've had an MRI before so I'm not looking forward to it but it might provide answers, which is always good.

» Add a new message to this topic