FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > customer service

customer service

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I left orange last week because of their appalling customer service. Was on the phone everyday for a week nearly ended up in the nuthouse. Swapped to plusnet and there customer service is brilliant and I've got an excellent deal for the first 12 months. Would you swap companies because of customer service even if there was a difference in price(there's not)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, and I have done in the past, from virgin to sky.

I was unimpressed by orange (for internet) also..

Stopped banking at the co-op because I hated having to deal with their customer service.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I swapped from BT to sky and BT were shocking

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

This is a tough one.

When I was married I was with Virgin Media and my tinernet kept dying. Phoning their call centre like banging your head on a wall.

Then I moved out, and got talktalk. had no issues with them, but the internet was soooooo slow.

Now I'm with Virgin again. I suppose it's better the devil you know, than the devil you dont.

Have done several times...if they cant be bothered to look after me as a customer then I'm not willing to keep putting money in their bank account

I've got Sky internet as Virgin could not fit it for ages and my landlord would not let me have sky so I have virgin tv...had no issues so far with customer services but we will see..the worse customer service I have received is from my local council tax office when I moved what a fucking nightmare!!!!

I left TalkTalk for because of their appalling customer service for BT and have found BT no problem. When TalkTalk cold call afterwards, I certainly told them why I wouldn't be with them!

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I left TalkTalk for because of their appalling customer service for BT and have found BT no problem. When TalkTalk cold call afterwards, I certainly told them why I wouldn't be with them!"
jay says BT are good as well

We have an ongoing virgin vs sky battle in our house,I never know which remote to use!

I've dumped service providers, banks, telephones, hotel chains, restaurants, pubs and a wife for providing sh*t service.....

Got rid of EDF and NPower because it took half an hour to get through to them on the phone. Ended up calling NPower complaints line, thought it was all resolved then got another bill a month later!!!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"We have an ongoing virgin vs sky battle in our house,I never know which remote to use!

"

I go from one to the other normally each year.... it got to the stage at one time I lived in a split house of tv with sky, but broadband and phone with virgin...

this year I'm with sky.. but i normally play them off against each other..... watch the discounts fly if you say you are with one or other...

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yep I'm a tough customer plus I'll tell everyone if I've had bad service ( but also if I've had v good service).

Will never use BT again. Appalling service. I've had run ins with insurance co., various high street retailers.

"Got rid of EDF and NPower because it took half an hour to get through to them on the phone. Ended up calling NPower complaints line, thought it was all resolved then got another bill a month later!!! "

EDF I was on the phone on hold 20 mins. They have put me on a high tariff and I've been trying to get it changed but they keep saying the gas meter is not registered...it's a nightmare the wonders of moving

By *picyspiregirlCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

I have had a nightmare fortnight with Vodafone customer services. I will be leaving them as soon as possible.

"We have an ongoing virgin vs sky battle in our house,I never know which remote to use!

I go from one to the other normally each year.... it got to the stage at one time I lived in a split house of tv with sky, but broadband and phone with virgin...

this year I'm with sky.. but i normally play them off against each other..... watch the discounts fly if you say you are with one or other... "

I tried this with virgin and was told if it's cheaper with sky then you'd be better off with them!!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

yes. i will never go back to htc after they failed to fix my phone 3 times then lost it then lied about losing it!!!

"I left TalkTalk for because of their appalling customer service for BT and have found BT no problem. When TalkTalk cold call afterwards, I certainly told them why I wouldn't be with them!"

i agree was with talk talk internet never worked then found phoneline was engaged all the time rang customer services who told me it was my house phone that was faulty so changed to bt and not had a problem then out the blue get a bill for £976 from talk talk

"Got rid of EDF and NPower because it took half an hour to get through to them on the phone. Ended up calling NPower complaints line, thought it was all resolved then got another bill a month later!!!

EDF I was on the phone on hold 20 mins. They have put me on a high tariff and I've been trying to get it changed but they keep saying the gas meter is not registered...it's a nightmare the wonders of moving "

I'm pretty sure Martin Lewis has mentioned this kind of thing before, maybe have a look on his website for help. You should be able to force them to sort it out so that you can change supplier.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Yes, absolutely. I'd even go to a slightly more expensive company for good service.

I won't stay with companies who don't give me good service.

I binned Plusnet last year. I'd been with them for 7 or 8 years, through 5 house moves and their broadband and phone service was always reliable and good in terms of speed.

Then in April last year they let me down in terms of customer service during (yet another) house move. I registered my dissatisfaction but stayed with them.

They tried to do the same thing in November. I told them directly if they didn't sort it out I would pay my account off and change provider. They offered me all sorts of "special offers" none of which were special enough. I did exactly what I said I'd do.

I'm in a cable are now so I have Virgin. They have been brilliant so far.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I do leave companies when their customer service is bad, especially when Ive had more service problems than I expect and cant face going through the ordeal. Just left vodafone as they got really bad. Price is important but I dont take cheap with bad service support ever.

I used to be a manager of a customer service department of a very well known company (but I won't say who)

I actually left the job because of the appalling customer service and senior management not willing to invest in better training or of more staff to reduce wait times.

Having been on the receiving end of customer complaints and trying to do something about it and hitting a brick wall I sympathise a lot when I call customer service departments myself as I totally appreciate now that sometimes their hands are tied.

» Add a new message to this topic