FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fat Duck

Fat Duck

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So....Heston's restaurant, The Fat Duck, has been dropped to third place in the world's top 50 restaurant list compiled by the S Pelligrino Awards......

Personally I'd still prefer to eat at Daisy's roadside cafe

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i'd like to go there, just once, jut to say i've been. The guy is a genius to think of the things he does!

i love his TV programme where he cooks up the food from fairytales - genius

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we went there, birthday treat from oh, as im a chef im interested in resterants and hes just a greedy foody lol.

it was awfull

had the tasting menu which i think at the time was about 150 a head with wine.

althought the food was clever it was not worth the money, but the thing that got us both was the staff, never have we felt less like we belong somewhere and that they would rather be doing something else than beeing there.

have had far better meals in places costing half

I am fortunate enough to have eaten in some of the best restaurants in France and UK, however, I am unlikely to hurry to repeat the experience by paying stupid money! Likewise, I have had more enjoyable meals for much less!

Perhaps in 5 years' time when I am 50!

Would love a gourmet weekend at Raymond Blanc's restaurant!

Personally I wouldn't spend "silly money" on a meal. Other people can do what they want with their hard earned cash, but I don't like being ripped off by anyone

I understand that some people will have a different viewpoint, and I'm ok with that

"I am fortunate enough to have eaten in some of the best restaurants in France and UK, however, I am unlikely to hurry to repeat the experience by paying stupid money! Likewise, I have had more enjoyable meals for much less!

Would love a gourmet weekend at Raymond Blanc's restaurant! "

Let us know when you go to Raymond Blanc's place and we'll tag along lol .. His food looks so apetising and you can see the passion he has for food just flows through him and onto the plate.

"I am fortunate enough to have eaten in some of the best restaurants in France and UK, however, I am unlikely to hurry to repeat the experience by paying stupid money! Likewise, I have had more enjoyable meals for much less!

Would love a gourmet weekend at Raymond Blanc's restaurant!

Let us know when you go to Raymond Blanc's place and we'll tag along lol .. His food looks so apetising and you can see the passion he has for food just flows through him and onto the plate."

we went to his place le manoir which isnt far from us for andys dads 70th birthday, thankfully it was his treat as there were 6 of us, and it was truly fab prob the best food ive ever eaten in a lovely relaxed atmos

» Add a new message to this topic