FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > England strips to be banned in pubs

England strips to be banned in pubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Police are asking all pub landlords to ban ALL FOOTBALL STRIPS in their pubs .. Apparently it will stop violence. In my eyes it's gonna make it worse !! everyone will be blaming the wrong people for the shirts being banned and it's gonna cause chaos !!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

If thats true is a disgrace

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

What about T shirts, polo shirts they have badges oin

Hell the guys are gonna be naked........

Bring in the ban, well on the fit ones anyway lol

its madness and john will take no notice as it he said if this does happen he is going to get england tat on his forhead

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

that is never going to happen..... in fact in newcastle they are planning on having a few open air big screens around town to cope....

"Police are asking all pub landlords to ban ALL FOOTBALL STRIPS in their pubs .. Apparently it will stop violence. In my eyes it's gonna make it worse !! everyone will be blaming the wrong people for the shirts being banned and it's gonna cause chaos !! "

Thank fook we don't live in a police totalitarian state then eh? Blanket policy such as this requires political approval and I can't see the govt giving it.

what is it with england and the english?most dont celebrate st.georges day,in fact to do so seems to be frowned upon,yet many in england celebrate st.patricks day.it is not pc to be proud of your heritage,and history.a government that treats foreigners better than its own electorate citizens,and now,with england,the only british nation country to qualify for the worl cup,they want to ban the wearing of football shirts?i fail to understand the mentality.what other country in the world would treat its own people like that?.its election time people,tell your representatives what you want,its your country and your vote

You can lay the blame for it squarely at No.10 Downing Street who have, for the last 13 years, condemned any display of patriotism and national pride as racism. Our flag cannot be flown for fear of offending some fookin arab who gets pissed off with it - in our own country!

The day this country prosecutes me for simply being English is the day I'll leave forever.

Where we live in Leeds we have lots of different nationalities mixed race etc etc etc, and 1 house put union jacks out his window and 1 on a flagpole they had to be taken down as a complaint went in to the local housing this man was told if he puts them up again he would be in breach of his tenancy agreement and he would given notice to quit trouble with this great Britain we have to many silly laws and rules this is going like a police state now.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"You can lay the blame for it squarely at No.10 Downing Street who have, for the last 13 years, condemned any display of patriotism and national pride as racism. Our flag cannot be flown for fear of offending some fookin arab who gets pissed off with it - in our own country!

The day this country prosecutes me for simply being English is the day I'll leave forever."

nah.... if you are going to blame people this time fairly and squarely on those than go out and riot after england lose..... luton, bedford, portsmouth and a few other places I know had problems after the last world cup and the euros after that......

If you live in a house owned by someone else then you have to follow their rules. If someone told me to take down my flags in my own house they would be met with hoots of derision swiftly followed by a few choice words like 'fuck' and 'off'.

I believe that this story originated in the Sun so it MUST be true. I'd wager someone, somewhere had suggested it and now it's a real story! It sells papers.

hmm im not so sure about all that . being honest during a world cup think you should be able to wear your countries strip in the pub . i go to most scotland games and we are always welcome in most pubs with our strips on . maybe they should relax that rule in sports bars or something so that there is somewhere for england fans to go and watch the game without being tlld what to wear etc etc . seems silly to me and detracts a bit from having a sense of national pride in your football team . maybe its the image of english football fans thats the main concern ? not saying its fair but just thinking that it mnight be the real reason behind it all ?

I was living in Luton in 2006 and I don't recall any riots after our world cup exit to Portugal, nor after the Euros two years later. Are you sure Fabio?

just another wound to the already dying national pride, lets just give up now and let the arseholes take over seems to be the way,,, PC gets my blood boiling too

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I am not english

plus I hate football and men wearing football shirts

BUT

I think this is so wrong if true

"If you live in a house owned by someone else then you have to follow their rules. If someone told me to take down my flags in my own house they would be met with hoots of derision swiftly followed by a few choice words like 'fuck' and 'off'."

I've sold my old house and bought a new one in a private cul-de-sac recently, and after consulting with the neighbours I plan on going the whole hog this year, what with garden renovating already underway, there'll be flags galore up and I'm even going to string bunting up left right and centre from every lamppost and telegraph pole. Indeed I'll be bunting more than I've ever bunted before. If any outsider wishes to come into the culdesac and piss and moan about it, then all complaints can be directed to my size eleven boots as far as I'm concerned. Tossers..

here here mate! if you ever need a holiday or day off ive got 2 size 12s that are fantastic at kicking politically correct doo gooder anti english heritage preaching arse!

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

sounds like more bollocks scaremongering from the Daily Mail / BNP lot to me.

Publicans and police are well aware that if someone is wearing a footbal shirt it means they are a fan of the game and that football " hooligans" wear a different uniform altogether - it used to be stuff like Hackett, Burberry, and Stone Island - not sure what it is these days.

THE STICKS

[Removed by poster at 29/04/10 12:20:14]

THE STICKS

[Removed by poster at 29/04/10 12:23:06]

Forum Mod

Spit it out Tobleton

THE STICKS

Looks like I was right - just googled this to find the news source - and guess what? there isnt one.

Lots of links to similar threads on skinhead forums tho

I smelled a rat as soon as this so called story popped up as it had all the hallmarks of BNP rhetoric and had glaringly obvious factual errors

Not to mention the disemination of the story looks like its straight out of the BNP playbook as well.

Admin - can we please delete this thread?

we should not allow posters to either knowlingly or unknowingly use this forum to spread neo-nazi propaganda

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

No body would stop me from wearing my footie shirts, i even bought a boobtube esque one, which i will be wearing, feminine and three lions in one

By *umgetus69Couple  over a year ago

birmingham

not a big fan of footie but my hubby does run 2 teams and i sure he told me we biddin for a wc

well if thats the case what are we going to tell all the fans comein from far an wide

when they are on there way to a game or from it sorry u can,t come in here unless u take that footie top off

the shame of it

"No body would stop me from wearing my footie shirts, i even bought a boobtube esque one, which i will be wearing, feminine and three lions in one "

{wishy drools}

Don't think a football shirt has ever started a fight as far as I'm aware?

More likely it's the alcohol consumed beforehand.

If people are pissed out of their heads they will fight, no matter how they are dressed

"Don't think a football shirt has ever started a fight as far as I'm aware?

More likely it's the alcohol consumed beforehand.

If people are pissed out of their heads they will fight, no matter how they are dressed "

You've never been to Newcastle then lol.. you try wearing a Man Utd shirt in a pub in the Toon. They'll castrate ya before you've said, "Pint barman, please."

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

some pubs have had them banned for ages

By *idaveMan  over a year ago

Stockport

would be interesting if landlords did as the police say and ban shirts who would they blame when they go out of buisness due to no trade. Would they also ask off licences susperstores etc to ban them when they go there to get the beer and not the pub

Are women required to remove football shirts too?

Aha!... I've spotted the plan!!

This is a ploy to drive men back into pubs with the promise of every female being topless. Sign me up!!

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

That is just rediciulous.

When i used to work in the pub in London, it was great fun to have everyone dress up in their home teams shirts etc.

Gets the spirit going and gives the pub a really great atmosphere.

We never had any problems with those guys.

The worse was when the team would loose and we would see grown men cry.

Stooopid it is. Grrrrr!!!!

» Add a new message to this topic