FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Snotty delivery drivers

Snotty delivery drivers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Because of my limitations with my HS I dont go to the shops very often I just order it online and get it delivered.

I ordered £137 worth of stuff from Asda yesterday to be delivered today. Filled the cupboard and fridge freezer.

Anyway delivery driver parked at the back of the building even tho I always say NEVER park anywhere except the front. At the front its a buzzer system the back is key locked, no buzzer so no way of letting people know you are there.

Neighbour let him in he walks up all the stairs knocked on my door and said "there is 8 crates love can you give me a hand?" I looked at him and shouted Steven who helped.

Delivery driver then left Steven to bring all but 4 bags up the stairs, and complained about that - Steven said "this is not a big shop for the wife" the look on the guys face was a classic feck off look til Steven explained once when he was out I ordered £300 and made the guys bring it all up and leave it at the door.

Am I wrong to think if I pay for home delivery that means they deliver to the home regardless of what type of home you live in??

Shona

x x x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I suppose it depends on the terms and conditions......if they say they will deliver to your door even if you are on the 9th floor of a high rise ( an eg ) then yes, I would expect them to deliver it to my door

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Shona

Personally I would contact Asda and complain

What would have happened if your neighbour had not been there or you had had no one to help him.

Good luck

xx

I wont complain cos he wasnt the worst delivery driver I have ever had deliver shopping I had one who left the shopping at the main stair door, never even buzzed. Then I complained, same with the guy who left my shopping on the pavemant outside. Now I dont sit at the window all day so if my daughters hadnt been coming home from school at the same time I dare say half my shopping would have grown legs and fed the rest of the town

I no longer use certain shops cos of the snotty attitude of staff but never really had a problem with Asda, and £4.50 for delivery is a lot cheaper than a taxi home with said shopping. Ohh and the shopping is cheaper cos I dont see things I dont want on the shelves

Maybe Im becoming a grumpy old woman off stuff that I already am

Shona

x x x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I hav'nt ever hd my shopping deleivered but we did have a really snotty sky installation man years ago

He walked in like he owned the place and told me the dish had to go on the front of the house

I told him no its going on the side like the last one was,he argued about it until I told him to take the dish,get in his van and go away

The dish went on the side of the house

We have never used the home delivery service, but surely they arent allowed to leave your shopping on the pavement? Don't you have to sign for it?

Also, what about the people who are unable to get out and carry their stuff in?

Forum Mod

For £4.50 id want them to put it all away too

"We have never used the home delivery service, but surely they arent allowed to leave your shopping on the pavement? Don't you have to sign for it?

Also, what about the people who are unable to get out and carry their stuff in?

"

Thats why I get my shopping delivered cos I cant carry it, and on bad days I cant leave the house. However the girls still need feeding - you would think once a day was enough but no mine want fed 4 times a day!!

Anyway it was a frozen food shop that left the stuff on the pavement, you are supposed to sign for it but most drivers dont ask you to unless you complain something was missing before. I hadnt complained so no warning to the driver.

HPC if you had seen the stairs I think you would agree he deserves his £4.50!! I live at the top of a block of flats

Shona

x x x

Forum Mod

No lifts?

he does deserve it then,but only if he does'nt complain......you're doing him a favour making him exercise like that

Nope no lifts only 3 flights of stairs and one on the outside coming to the block from the pavement.

Mostly when they see my address they send out 2 or more guys cos they know what Im like.

Shona

x x x

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

Sorry but if he asked for help and you had said no he would have delivered them all himself

he would have had a duty too

when I was very ill, I would never have offered to help so I think he should have delivered all to your door if indeed thats what hes supposed to do

Jesus, as a former delivery driver I'd have been looking for at least a drink of water and a quick shag just for climbing the stairs

Fun aside Shona complain about the guy, Asda are providing a service and he is paid to deliver your goods to your door.

Anton I think if I had offered this guy a shag he would have died on my doorstep

Shona

x x x

"Anton I think if I had offered this guy a shag he would have died on my doorstep

Shona

x x x"

if he did, just dag him to the freezer, and "Hey Presto"...thats the meat pies sorted

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I thought they had to put it inside the house, no matter what floor or where you live. I think you shold contact asda and make a big complaint then you may get some goodies

I agree. If a service is advertised the way Asda promote theirs then that service should be as advertised and if some lazy arsed delivery driver tries to shirk his duties then report him. Get the twat sacked. Show no mercy!!

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I find a tip helps

I know the guys at my local chinese takeaway fight over who gets to deliver my order because I always give a tip and they are always fine with me

I have been (finally) convinced to complain.

I called them and was told the driver will be told off cos its not normal practice apparently.

The delivery service is shop to inside front door. I was told he should have put shopping in the house, I dont expect that I know they are busy and leaving it at my front door is fine I can drag it from there

Now waiting for the shop to call back.

Shona

x x x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I have been (finally) convinced to complain.

I called them and was told the driver will be told off cos its not normal practice apparently.

The delivery service is shop to inside front door. I was told he should have put shopping in the house, I dont expect that I know they are busy and leaving it at my front door is fine I can drag it from there

Now waiting for the shop to call back.

Shona

x x x "

bloody good for you plus you will know if they try to pull the stunt again

"I find a tip helps

I know the guys at my local chinese takeaway fight over who gets to deliver my order because I always give a tip and they are always fine with me"

I never know how much to tip so I always get Steven to tip for me and cos we have both worked in the service industry he overtips. Makes for great service at our local pub whenever we go for lunch

Shona

x x x

"bloody good for you plus you will know if they try to pull the stunt again"

I hate complaining even tho I keep telling my in laws they need to complain more about shoddy service. Seems I cant take my own advice!!

Thats how Steven got me to complain he said "what would you tell my mother?" and I knew I would have said call them.

Shona

x x x

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

It doesnt take much to provide a good service - not matter how busy you are or how shitty a day you are having.

You are a CUSTOMER paying for a service, and you should be treated with respect.

What i find, is these people who treat it just as a job, and really dont care if you then decide to never shop at Asda ever again, really dont give a shit.

The managers however really DO!

Make sure your complaint goes thru and threaten to go elsewhere.

ITs not on.

There is so much competition out there that its just not acceptable to recieve shiddy sertvice.

Hope you have better luck next time xx

» Add a new message to this topic