FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > robbing bastards

robbing bastards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

Currys.

an elderly neighbour has ordered a new television from them, she asked if they will tune it in for her.

yes, but the cost is £45

I said I will do it for her for free, but she had to pay the £45 up front or they wouldnt do it, and its non refundable

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Currys.

an elderly neighbour has ordered a new television from them, she asked if they will tune it in for her.

yes, but the cost is £45

I said I will do it for her for free, but she had to pay the £45 up front or they wouldnt do it, and its non refundable "

Rung up or go into the store for her.... If they didn't provide the setting up service then they should refund the money back...

notts

"Currys.

yes, but the cost is £45

I said I will do it for her for free, but she had to pay the £45 up front or they wouldnt do it, and its non refundable

Rung up or go into the store for her.... If they didn't provide the setting up service then they should refund the money back... "

tried to convince her to do that, but shes scared, gave up with her after 15mins, may try again later

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Most TV's are auto tune anyway so all she needs to do is follow the instructions. No way should she pay!

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Most companies do it

notts

my point is, i can understand a charge for tuning in a tele, but £45 ffs is robbery without the violence

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

I bought a smart tv not long ago.....

I would have happily paid £45 for someone to show me how to work the bloody thing!!

Took me feckin ages to work it all out

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"my point is, i can understand a charge for tuning in a tele, but £45 ffs is robbery without the violence"

Complain to head office and say you'll take it to trading standards.

"Most companies do it"

Yes most companies do charge instalment fees... It's how they make profits. But whilst customers still use that service the companies will still charge for it...

My mum lives in the middle of nowhere..very isolated and at the bottom of a wooded valley.. she has an electric booster on her tv Ariel so she can get a decent reception..

She had a similar situation a while back.. was charged for set up and installation..paid up front.. the "engineer" turned up to do the work and somehow managed to short out

the booster..could nt understand why she was getting no usable reception and left without actually completing the work,,taking the tv back to the store

When we contacted the store..they didn't want to know and said that because it was a faulty booster..it was nt their responsibility...

I'm assuming getting it out the box, setting it up and connecting sky etc on delivery is all part of the £45 charge, if so I actually think it's fairly reasonable, in theory they could be there 2 hours

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

John Lewis charge slightly more.

They delivered. Unpacked. Assembled a table. Connected a few devices. Tidied up. Gave me a demo. Took ALL packaging with them .....

Worth every penny.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If she doesn't seem to want to cancel them perhaps she's happier for them to do it.

Watch out for Carphone Warehouse and their 'Geek Squad'

Another fkin rip !

"Currys.

yes, but the cost is £45

I said I will do it for her for free, but she had to pay the £45 up front or they wouldnt do it, and its non refundable "

If I was feeling like this I may wright or send them a nasty email ... tell them what I think .. or even go into the shop have it out in front of the people shopping there . Makes me sick 45 pounds is a lot for that .

"Currys.

yes, but the cost is £45

I said I will do it for her for free, but she had to pay the £45 up front or they wouldnt do it, and its non refundable If I was feeling like this I may wright or send them a nasty email ... tell them what I think .. or even go into the shop have it out in front of the people shopping there . Makes me sick 45 pounds is a lot for that ."

What would you complain about though?

The customer would have been made aware of the price of the set up of at point of sale!

If she really doesn't want to pay the set up fee tell her to cancel the order for the TV. They can't set up something that hasn't been bought.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Bastards!

Lincolnshire County Council Trading Standards dept:

01522 782341

Don't let the fuckers get away with it... seriously - do it!

Will you tune my bed room tv in lol

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"John Lewis charge slightly more.

They delivered. Unpacked. Assembled a table. Connected a few devices. Tidied up. Gave me a demo. Took ALL packaging with them .....

Worth every penny. "

Its not a simple case of charging simply to tune the tv in.....

"John Lewis charge slightly more.

Worth every penny. "

John Lewis give an extra years warranty as well very good service

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Currys.

yes, but the cost is £45

if she bought it away from the shop I.e. on line, over the phone etc she will.be covered by the distance selling regulations which allows.you to cancel an order within 7 days. If she sued a credit card she may have other protection rights too.

I had the same think with Currys, store salesman tried to sell me some expensive HDMI leads for my new TV. I said its ok i'll have the these ones (about £15)....he then said these others give far better picture quality (£40 they where)

I said can you expain how they give better picture quality when they are digital leads, meaning there is either a picture or there isnt

He had no answer when I asked are trying to rip me off, if you don't know what you are talking about, don't advise people in an electrical shop

"I had the same think with Currys, store salesman tried to sell me some expensive HDMI leads for my new TV. I said its ok i'll have the these ones (about £15)....he then said these others give far better picture quality (£40 they where)

I said can you expain how they give better picture quality when they are digital leads, meaning there is either a picture or there isnt

He had no answer when I asked are trying to rip me off, if you don't know what you are talking about, don't advise people in an electrical shop "

An experiment on tv a couple weeks ago showed that most people could not tell difference between a gold plated hdmi lead pic and a really cheap one. Those that did see a difference said the cheaper one was best.

God what are thry playing at think thry would be only to happy to do it for free she bought from them we always provide a free set up service on all eqipment we sell

"I had the same think with Currys, store salesman tried to sell me some expensive HDMI leads for my new TV. I said its ok i'll have the these ones (about £15)....he then said these others give far better picture quality (£40 they where)

He had no answer when I asked are trying to rip me off, if you don't know what you are talking about, don't advise people in an electrical shop

An experiment on tv a couple weeks ago showed that most people could not tell difference between a gold plated hdmi lead pic and a really cheap one. Those that did see a difference said the cheaper one was best. "

I saw that, too, and they also had an electrical technician explaining why it made no difference. Made me feel silly for shelling out on "decent" HDMI leads.

"Currys.

yes, but the cost is £45

I said I will do it for her for free, but she had to pay the £45 up front or they wouldnt do it, and its non refundable If I was feeling like this I may wright or send them a nasty email ... tell them what I think .. or even go into the shop have it out in front of the people shopping there . Makes me sick 45 pounds is a lot for that .

What would you complain about though?

The customer would have been made aware of the price of the set up of at point of sale! "

was it made clear how much it would cost ? You would think its part of there job , Its a lot and takes 5 mins I bet .

» Add a new message to this topic