FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why? :S

Why? :S

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r-Unique OP   Man  over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

Why does it take something very bad to happen in order for people to get close, especially family members? Surely it would be better to be close in the first place . By close I don't mean liking them, but having a closer relationship.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's just life

its the chuck em all in a bag and shake up method - messy and painful but no achoice to be together - stop the shaking and things settle down and find their place

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Human nature, we all take things for granted until we nearly lose it or something bad happens. I always swear to love my life to the full, take more risks, try more new stuff every time I hear of some one a similar age to me dying...but I soon forget.

Carmarthenshire

"Human nature, we all take things for granted until we nearly lose it or something bad happens. I always swear to love my life to the full, take more risks, try more new stuff every time I hear of some one a similar age to me dying...but I soon forget."

It's annoying. Like you may get along with someone and have many laughs when you see them, but don't see them for years at a time. Then something bad happens and you see them weekly and they start asking you to do more activities together, etc. Why can't we learn to do it before the negative stuff happens

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Not all families are close....the great saying is you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family...it's the fact of life and not all families are the Brady bunch

Carmarthenshire

"Not all families are close....the great saying is you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family...it's the fact of life and not all families are the Brady bunch "

I agree with that, but if that's the case negative stuff shouldn't bring us together either. Plus I meant it with friends/other people too.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

most families reckon funerals and weddings are the only time they all get together that's life

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Not all families are close....the great saying is you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family...it's the fact of life and not all families are the Brady bunch

I agree with that, but if that's the case negative stuff shouldn't bring us together either. Plus I meant it with friends/other people too.

"

Some negative stuff don't bring families together....

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Carmarthenshire

"Not all families are close....the great saying is you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family...it's the fact of life and not all families are the Brady bunch

Some negative stuff don't bring families together...."

I know that. My point was that why does it take negative things to bring people together? If we like them that much. Why can't we be close in general?

» Add a new message to this topic