FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do you feel about unions?

How do you feel about unions?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ig bad OP   Man  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Good bad or ugly?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

They're ok but they give me smelly breath! Z

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

they can be all three depending on what side you on! x

"They're ok but they give me smelly breath! Z"

Unions! As in ACAS or the NUM not Onions that French geezers wear round their necks!

I've had some lovely unions in my time, had some bad ones too, never had an ugly one though.

Siren and I have explosive unions whenever one of us has been away for a few days. I like those kind of unions.

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

I'm dealing with the National officer from hell at the moment - so poorly briefed and has absolutely no knowledge of the sector we work in. Unfortunately in the real world one size does not suit all

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"They're ok but they give me smelly breath! Z

Unions! As in ACAS or the NUM not Onions that French geezers wear round their necks! "

Aha - sorry! Well, good intentions and there to look after the workers but do tend to have power mad meglamaniacs at the helm - is it me or do they tend to be predominantly Scottish or Liverpudlian? Z

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Unions! As in ACAS or the NUM not Onions that French geezers wear round their necks!

Aha - sorry! Well, good intentions and there to look after the workers but do tend to have power mad meglamaniacs at the helm - is it me or do they tend to be predominantly Scottish or Liverpudlian? Z"

certainly from north of watford!

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

Aha - sorry! Well, good intentions and there to look after the workers but do tend to have power mad meglamaniacs at the helm - is it me or do they tend to be predominantly Scottish or Liverpudlian? Z"

yes you are quite right!,wherever there is a big strike and tv cameras there for the days tv news there is a jock or a scouse union rep on a very good salary and plentiful expenses there to lead the lambs into the slaughter house!.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Unions are good and have there place, without them children would still be working in mines and sweatshops as they do in ever country that has not developed unions.

however in many cases apathy on the part of union membership allow ultra radical politicos to gain and misuse power for their own ends rather than representing their members, if this is your problem maybe you bypass the union rep and should explain the situation to your workforce.

I think they re good to have but sometimes i do wonder if the union leaders go over the top in wanting to make a point on things.

they are going to be a hell of a lot more relevant now the Tories are back in and a massive deficit to deal with. It's going to be the thatcher years x2

"they are going to be a hell of a lot more relevant now the Tories are back in and a massive deficit to deal with. It's going to be the thatcher years x2"

I work for a trade union, dealing in mostly personal cases and trying to get union recognition in places where there aren't any at the moment.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother as my colleagues and I bust a gut trying to help people who pay our wages to get the best for them but apathy amongst our members is a killer.

Still, we plod on regardless!!

have i missed something? is that a new word for meets xxxx

I think after tomorrow we could be seeing a lot of the unions!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

THOUGHT IT SAID ONIONS

By *INKKKYMan  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL/ WIRRAL

Aha - sorry! Well, good intentions and there to look after the workers but do tend to have power mad meglamaniacs at the helm - is it me or do they tend to be predominantly Scottish or Liverpudlian? Z

yes you are quite right!,wherever there is a big strike and tv cameras there for the days tv news there is a jock or a scouse union rep on a very good salary and plentiful expenses there to lead the lambs into the slaughter house!."

be careful now with the 'scouse', i wouldnt want us labelled as workers!

yes you are quite right!,wherever there is a big strike and tv cameras there for the days tv news there is a jock or a scouse union rep on a very good salary and plentiful expenses there to lead the lambs into the slaughter house!. be careful now with the 'scouse', i wouldnt want us labelled as workers! "

Calm down, calm down

By *INKKKYMan  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL/ WIRRAL

yes you are quite right!,wherever there is a big strike and tv cameras there for the days tv news there is a jock or a scouse union rep on a very good salary and plentiful expenses there to lead the lambs into the slaughter house!. be careful now with the 'scouse', i wouldnt want us labelled as workers!

Calm down, calm down "

yes you are quite right!,wherever there is a big strike and tv cameras there for the days tv news there is a jock or a scouse union rep on a very good salary and plentiful expenses there to lead the lambs into the slaughter house!. be careful now with the 'scouse', i wouldnt want us labelled as workers!

Calm down, calm down "

You cant be a proper scaly because you have no perm on your profile pic

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

ours in our place of work are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard... and have all the potentcy of a can of diet ......

they have been rolled over to the extent that we have basically lost all our benefits and have been trodden up for the last 3 years.....

"ours in our place of work are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard... and have all the potentcy of a can of diet ......

they have been rolled over to the extent that we have basically lost all our benefits and have been trodden up for the last 3 years....."

I can't figure it out. Some are so fooking militant its scary and some have no bollocks at all. They should look after their members but not strike if it means loosing business and causing redundancy's. I think we could see a lot of council worker strikes looming. Smelly bin august coming!

How do i feel about "onions" ?

Or do i need my specs on

as someone said after today i can see unions being more prominant!

as someone with strong trade unionists in the family etc i can see a lot of protests and marches and rallies coming after this budget! and to all the ones who knock them or dont believe in them remember united we stand divided we fall! it wont just be workers protestin it will be the ordinary low income families if the 5% vat gets put on food and benefits get changed to the linked with something else that means they will be stealth cuts! there no doubt the country in a mess but will it be the ordinary and poor that suffer as per?? we can only wait and see!!

away to look out my protester gear its been a while!!

"

Bob Crow of the RMT is a southerner and a more unpleasent bloke you couldn't wish to meet. Ex football hooligan who doesn't have the interests of his members at heart but just likes to get his fat ugly mug in the media...phew..sorry..feel better now

I liked Union of the Snake...still do, though the context has changed....

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

"ours in our place of work are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard... and have all the potentcy of a can of diet ......

they have been rolled over to the extent that we have basically lost all our benefits and have been trodden up for the last 3 years....."

Imagine where you would be if they hadn't done whatever they did do, however ineffective it might seem.

Unfortunately, no-one really wants to be associated with the left-wing militant tosser of the type that fucked British Leyland, so they deride the unions as a relic of the Dark Ages (ie 1970s). The media has a habit of reviving that image whenever there are industrial disputes and it swiftly sours support. Things are different now aren't they, everyone is civilised in business and the workplace? Yeah, right!

I've seen friends who have had pretty good working conditions, been on cushy numbers really, in unassailable positions, end up totally fucked over because of their lack of faith in a union until it is too late.

Management offer up a few quid extra and the greedy ones always just look after number 1 and accept the changes, despite the warnings that to take the cash now leaves them obliged to accept other changes. For some reason they think that the bosses are absolutely trustworthy and the unions are simply Commie troublemakers who want to throw their weight around!

Six months down the line they realise that they are actually taking home less than they were before, have lost their guaranteed overtime and now don't have a guaranteed Sunday off, doh!

Of course, by then it's too late to go blubbing to the union, but the reps have to try, and are then accused of being useless.

Me, I'd tell them that sneered at the union advice to fuck off, and that they were warned back when they took the bait, but there you go.

Probably why I work for myself - my boss is a useless twat and the workforce is hopeless!

» Add a new message to this topic