FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Take that flag down!

Take that flag down!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Has anyone been asked to take their England flag down.... no one has been told to take them down around here

I just wondered, as we are always being told people aren't allowed them these days as they offend minority groups..... has that one gone down the pan now?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i cant take down whats never been up lol ...... oooooooh bit like ma knickers hehe xxx

Probably gone down the pan..

Mind you, they will soon all disappear when england come home and not win owt

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

It was always an urban myth.

flags will be down tomorrow when we come home.Phil Taylor flies the flag for england.

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

i think there are far too many flying at the moment for the manpower to be spared in asking for the removal and even supermarkets are flying the outside as well as inside.

clothes/sports shops are busy flying them,st george cross tee-shirts,coffee mugs etc on sale inside so to big a job!,but give it a month or two after world cup and they will be ropund to take the isolated flags down for sure.

and no it was not urban myth.

"i cant take down whats never been up lol ...... oooooooh bit like ma knickers hehe xxx "

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Has anyone been asked to take their England flag down.... no one has been told to take them down around here

I just wondered, as we are always being told people aren't allowed them these days as they offend minority groups..... has that one gone down the pan now? "

anyone tell me to take mine down they would soon get a vuvuzela stuck up their...............

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Has anyone been asked to take their England flag down.... no one has been told to take them down around here

I just wondered, as we are always being told people aren't allowed them these days as they offend minority groups..... has that one gone down the pan now? "

I think all the do-gooders and flag haters are too busy panicking right now over their jobs with cuts on the once safe jobs working for the man

Well no 1 round here has been told to take down the flags no 1 at all,,no shops no pubs no1 ,,,everywhere i look its all everywhere ,,,,peoples houses look fabulous with the massive flags n folks cars look good aswell flying the flag.

My house in notts has got 8 flags on it,,,the pub opposite has got 10 flags on it,,,my car has got 3 flags on it,,,,

So come on ENGLAND!!!

ps its a urban n internet myth load of tosh!

FLY URE FLAGS WITH PRIDE. my version of a internet flag look-

P lol

"Well no 1 round here has been told to take down the flags no 1 at all,,no shops no pubs no1 ,,,everywhere i look its all everywhere ,,,,peoples houses look fabulous with the massive flags n folks cars look good aswell flying the flag.

My house in notts has got 8 flags on it,,,the pub opposite has got 10 flags on it,,,my car has got 3 flags on it,,,,

So come on ENGLAND!!!

P lol "

we are allowed TVs at work tomorrow - wow

"Well no 1 round here has been told to take down the flags no 1 at all,,no shops no pubs no1 ,,,everywhere i look its all everywhere ,,,,peoples houses look fabulous with the massive flags n folks cars look good aswell flying the flag.

So come on ENGLAND!!!

P lol

we are allowed TVs at work tomorrow - wow "

AWESOME!!

So come on ENGLAND!!!

P lol

we are allowed TVs at work tomorrow - wow "

Same perks as working at Currys then.

"Probably gone down the pan..

Mind you, they will soon all disappear when england come home and not win owt "

Yeah we'll se how patriotic they all are then, when the flags get ripped down and they start fighting and smashing the place up

I love england flags n the england team they do their best 4 us and we should be proud of wot they acheive 4 us! and we should happy 4 them no matter wot they do win or loose,,,at least they can say " We was there" u cant say can u?

just remember lol

Crossdressing in the office very open minded place you work

Yes fly that cross----CRoss of st george! lol

the local taxis have been told by the local council they cant have flags on there cars for safty lol mad init

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

theres nothing official to say we cant fly a flag in luton , but as we said on another thread we have had a flag in our window smashed in with a brick

we have also had poison pen letters saying we will be petrol bombed if the flag goes up again

because i speak the truth about what it is like in luton i get called a spokes person for the bnp lol

when the man on the BBC news reported about the returning soldiers marching home through luton being cursed and called BABY KILLERS etc they didnt call him a spokes man for the bnp

they are returning home again today i believe after 6 months service in afganistan

they wont march through luton this time

ITS A NO GO AREA lol

"theres nothing official to say we cant fly a flag in luton , but as we said on another thread we have had a flag in our window smashed in with a brick

we have also had poison pen letters saying we will be petrol bombed if the flag goes up again

because i speak the truth about what it is like in luton i get called a spokes person for the bnp lol

when the man on the BBC news reported about the returning soldiers marching home through luton being cursed and called BABY KILLERS etc they didnt call him a spokes man for the bnp

they are returning home again today i believe after 6 months service in afganistan

ITS A NO GO AREA lol"

My mate in Luton has 3 flags up and so does the mixed race family next door to them..... may be it's not the flag people in your community took offence at

WORCESTERSHIRE

i have a union flag decorated with the words GREAT BRITONS which i took to the manchester velodrome for the first international cycle race meet after the last olympics,i got it out ready ironed for when our mercian regiment where due back from a tour in afghanistan but never got the chance to fly it in our town as i was working away down in portsmouh area when they returned!.bah!.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 23/06/10 08:49:58]

WORCESTERSHIRE

many months ago the managers of the block of flats where i live asked me to take down my st georges flag as there are many polish and asians in kidderminster who might be offended(they were not offended by the house and social security benefits that were provided though)so i put flags and the st george car window sun shields i had bought for the previous world cup in 2006 on my car to spite them.

Torquay

"theres nothing official to say we cant fly a flag in luton , but as we said on another thread we have had a flag in our window smashed in with a brick

ITS A NO GO AREA lol

My mate in Luton has 3 flags up and so does the mixed race family next door to them..... may be it's not the flag people in your community took offence at "

Don't mention mixed race families, doesn't fit in with his xenaphobic views.

To some it's just 'Us' and 'Them'....

"....so i put flags and the st george car window sun shields i had bought for the previous world cup in 2006 on my car to spite them."

Nice......... tight and spiteful

WORCESTERSHIRE

well the car is mine,it goes where i go!.

Torquay

"well the car is mine,it goes where i go!. "

So this block of flats you live at....what floor are you on?

WORCESTERSHIRE

its only small block and i live on 1st floor,it only got ground,first and second floors.

Torquay

"its only small block and i live on 1st floor,it only got ground,first and second floors. "

So why didn't you take this official letter you had about flying a flag to your local newspaper?

[Removed by poster at 23/06/10 09:18:53]

The only folk here told not to fly their flags are the guys who work for the local council ... nothing to do with offending peeps, just a health & safety ruling ... flags could fly off and hit a passerby who would then claim compensation

WORCESTERSHIRE

was not a letter it was in person when the mamager she came round on a flat inspection rpond the block.

Torquay

"was not a letter it was in person when the mamager she came round on a flat inspection rpond the block."

It is against planning laws to fly a flag or bunting above 4.2 meters without planning permission....it's got nothing to do with racial tension.

WORCESTERSHIRE

since world cup started i put flag back up,its not outside the building but is hanging on the inside of the window in the spare room.

if they come and ask me to remove it this tine after world cup is over i will ask for an official written letter requesting why they want it removed ready to show our local and/or national papers,and thanks for the usefull info.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

ok lets not start all the racist crap again.

For the people living in places that don't have any problems, you don't know what problems anyone else has so can't really say one way or another....and after seeing on the box the carry on when some of our troops came home, there is some tension there.

If this goes the same way as the last thread did, it won't be long before it will be shut.

Torquay

"since world cup started i put flag back up,its not outside the building but is hanging on the inside of the window in the spare room.

if they come and ask me to remove it this tine after world cup is over i will ask for an official written letter requesting why they want it removed ready to show our local and/or national papers,and thanks for the usefull info."

There is no current law in England and Wales that can stop you from flying a flag WITHIN the confines of your home....rented or not.

Torquay

This coming Saturday is official Armed Forces Day.....fly your Union Jacks to show your pride in our troops.

luton

Don't mention mixed race families, doesn't fit in with his xenaphobic views.

are you refering to the BBC newsreader that reported the incident where our troops were called rapists , and baby murderers ?

Torquay

"Don't mention mixed race families, doesn't fit in with his xenaphobic views.

are you refering to the BBC newsreader that reported the incident where our troops were called rapists , and baby murderers ?"

If you gave a damn you would have been there cheering on our troops, are you celebrating Armed Forces Day this Saturday?....are you flying a Union Jack to show tribute to our brave troops?

We have 40 of the 42 shops where I am today putting up Union Jack bunting to show their appreciation and pride in British troops....you see they are not whinging about things, they are doing something about it.

i have 2 union jacks flyin from kiddos playhouse out the back!

as for mixed race families where on earth do you dig up this crap?? girl i work with her man is from the bahamas, she is white scottish her children are mixed race and i bought the little one a union jack because he liked my kids one and none of them objected or started burning it! dont tar everyone with the same brush!

do the spanish object when they see union jacks draped over balconies or sun loungers?

fly your flags with pride no matter what your nationality etc! x

if the queen can fly a flag from her roof so can fuckin I ,,, sod em all who dont like it ,, its my flag , my house , my life ,ps ,,,, total support admiration and respect for our brave armed force ,,, well don guys ( and galls )

luton

are you refering to the BBC newsreader that reported the incident where our troops were called rapists , and baby murderers ?

If you gave a damn you would have been there cheering on our troops, are you celebrating Armed Forces Day this Saturday?....are you flying a Union Jack to show tribute to our brave troops?

We have 40 of the 42 shops where I am today putting up Union Jack bunting to show their appreciation and pride in British troops....you see they are not whinging about things, they are doing something about it."

when a politician is asked what is the price of fish , they often answer

half past two

they feel so aloof and feel they have answered the question

but we all know they have EVADED it

Torquay

We have 40 of the 42 shops where I am today putting up Union Jack bunting to show their appreciation and pride in British troops....you see they are not whinging about things, they are doing something about it.

when a politician is asked what is the price of fish , they often answer

half past two

they feel so aloof and feel they have answered the question

but we all know they have EVADED it "

So what was the question?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think you knew what the question was but sidestepped it.

The tension starts again and as usual that is between the same two posters.

You will never agree, so why bother arguing.

Thread shut.

Is it sooooo hard for some people to be happy and wave a frickin' flag

Even the Bangladeshi family down the road from me has two St George's cross flags on their car.... as the guy said "I may not be from here but it is the place I chose to call home". Up the road is a gal I went to school with, she's married to a Brazilian guy so they have both flags on their house... no one is complaining about either of them.