FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Would you consider yourself a tactful person?

Would you consider yourself a tactful person?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ig bad OP   Man  over a year ago

Up North :-)

I am not at times

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ditto! I'm about a subtle as a hurricane.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

In real life ... usually.

At work ... always.

Here... like I can be arsed to be for you lot!

Forum Mod

I try to be

In a word No! On sunday its.... Not again! Why does your mother always come and spoil my sundays!..It goes down like a led balloon

When it comes to privacy matters in swinging we are very tactful and discreet. In everday life I'm still quite tactful but mr serens is as subtle as a pork chop in a synogogue

"When it comes to privacy matters in swinging we are very tactful and discreet. In everday life I'm still quite tactful but mr serens is as subtle as a pork chop in a synogogue "

Hey lovely norks, I'm very subtle.

Diplomacy is never one of my strong points!

no tell them straight if they dont like it who cares!

depends on circumstances for me! if somethin has happened to someone that they dont deserve i can be very empathetic if its someone who the wind is always blowin in their dish and always negative and never change the situation then no!

tact sometimes comes with good common sense.......

as in not asking your boss if thats his mum and it turns out to be his girlfriend............

As a brick lol xx

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i am the most tactful person i know

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I think about peoples feelings - that makes me more tactful than just blurting out what I want to say! However, don't pull any punches when it's deserved! Z

I am soooooo glad I do not have any direct reportees, as I find having to be nice and full of encouragement even when the chips are down very tiring!

By *aravancoupleMan  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

I say it as i see it why hold back as you then know where you stand with each other.

Carol

By *leasureseanyMan  over a year ago

hull

i am to sometimes at my downfall.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

I am tactful because I believe that you can get your point across without resorting to confrontation! Why anyone would wear being tactless like a badge of honour is beyond me!

But... That is not to say that I am a pushover... When you can't get through to someone, sometimes being harsh is the only way!

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

tactful? me? you have to be joking - whats the point, a spade is a flammin shovel where I'm concerned

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

at work... absolutely, because I have to be in the questions I have to ask to get the answers I need to do my job properly...

in the rest of my life.... I can be if people need my help or advice, if it is offering an opinion then I am forthright, but try to stay on the right side of tactile......

"at work... absolutely, because I have to be in the questions I have to ask to get the answers I need to do my job properly...

in the rest of my life.... I can be if people need my help or advice, if it is offering an opinion then I am forthright, but try to stay on the right side of tactile......"

Tactile ? what's the right side of tactile ?

"

Tactile ? what's the right side of tactile ? "

not rubbing someone up the wrong way.

nope

Yes I am tactful.

About as tactful as woodworm in a cripples crutch.

Bob

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Tact is not my middle name usually. I call a spade a spade, not a shovel.

This has over the years has brought me lots of trouble, forgotten the amount of times I have been called a shit stirrer. When in fact I am not, I just prefer to be truthful.

For instance our last party, I did not have sex with any of the new ladies present. When asked why, I told the truth, not I am tired or any other excuse. I told the regulars I didn't find any attraction to the newcomers. I found none at all, so didn't play with them.

Now this was frowned on, but in this case I am not one to have sex with someone just because you can, no attraction, no sex!

That is my problem really, I have to call things as I see them, not diplomatically lie or cover up.

"In real life ... usually.

At work ... always.

Here... like I can be arsed to be for you lot!"

Yes, that about sums it up for me too!

By *arker.Man  over a year ago

Rugby

I have to be for my job but its hard to be that way at times.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"Tact is not my middle name usually. I call a spade a spade, not a shovel.

This has over the years has brought me lots of trouble, forgotten the amount of times I have been called a shit stirrer. When in fact I am not, I just prefer to be truthful.

For instance our last party, I did not have sex with any of the new ladies present. When asked why, I told the truth, not I am tired or any other excuse. I told the regulars I didn't find any attraction to the newcomers. I found none at all, so didn't play with them.

Now this was frowned on, but in this case I am not one to have sex with someone just because you can, no attraction, no sex!

That is my problem really, I have to call things as I see them, not diplomatically lie or cover up.

"

I call this post tactless and unecessary! You have just told any of those new party goers that you didn't think them attractive! Wheras you may not have a problem with people telling you that, some people could be upset!

I still don't understand why it is OK to upset people just because you can! The clue is the bit about it causing you lots of trouble? And the This was frowned on phrase! Why not just say that you had enought to do running the party and playing with your regular friends?

Still, the forum is a good place to gauge what people are truly like

Not me! If someone annoys me i tell them face to face.

"FECK OFF"!!!!!!!

Yep, I suppose I am.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

well i can be a bit of a blunt yorkshireman sometimes but i would never intentionally upset someone.

tact costs nothing and sometimes saying nothing is the best policy.

Steve

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

a spade is a spade no matter how you polish it, it's still only good for digging holes, so I'm probably not very tactful, but at least you know where you are with me, sometimes it can seem a bit two faced to say one thing when your thinking something completely different

Back of Beyond

"a spade is a spade no matter how you polish it, it's still only good for digging holes, so I'm probably not very tactful, but at least you know where you are with me, sometimes it can seem a bit two faced to say one thing when your thinking something completely different "

Thank you Touvak, my thoughts exactly. Irrespective of how Rumour wishes to interpret what I said above.

There are quite a few people - not just here but in life in general - who seem to think that the dictum of 'saying what they think whenever they feel like it' makes them an honest person.

It makes them a tactless cunt.

There are also those who fear that not being 'tactlessly hones' somehow makes them duplicitious.

It makes them caring, discerning , thoughtful and discreet.

There is an abyss of difference between being a spiteful lie and a kindly witholding of a truth.

Sometimes we need to withold opinions because 'our' truth is simply unecessary and often damaging to others.

Sometimes we need to deal with unpleasant , difficult situations which require the strength to speak the truth and stand your ground for the greater good.

It's a wise person that knows the difference.

God save me from the fucking berks who think that shouting their mouths off makes them right. Pious twats.

( don't even bother telling me - does it not occur that I already know )

A lovely day to all xxxx So sunny here.

You look lovely in that figure hugging lycra you fat bastard xxxx

I try to be tactful, and sometimes even manage it, but at other times when trying I end up coming across like I'm suggesting something quite different to what I actually am.

I find as I'm growing older I'm preferring to get to the point rather than pussy foot around.

"I try to be tactful, and sometimes even manage it, but at other times when trying I end up coming across like I'm suggesting something quite different to what I actually am.

I find as I'm growing older I'm preferring to get to the point rather than pussy foot around."

Procrastination is not tact.....

"I try to be tactful, and sometimes even manage it, but at other times when trying I end up coming across like I'm suggesting something quite different to what I actually am.

I find as I'm growing older I'm preferring to get to the point rather than pussy foot around.

Procrastination is not tact..... "

Yeah, thanks for that.

By *luespartanMan  over a year ago

crawley

Absolutely in private,

at work though love to be touched only something simple like on the arm

"Absolutely in private,

at work though love to be touched only something simple like on the arm"

Every now n then on here....... I get a warm genuine smile xxx

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Tact is not my middle name usually. I call a spade a spade, not a shovel.

I call this post tactless and unecessary! You have just told any of those new party goers that you didn't think them attractive! Wheras you may not have a problem with people telling you that, some people could be upset!

I still don't understand why it is OK to upset people just because you can! The clue is the bit about it causing you lots of trouble? And the This was frowned on phrase! Why not just say that you had enought to do running the party and playing with your regular friends?

Still, the forum is a good place to gauge what people are truly like "

I read the post as "I didn't find any attraction to the newcomers" and that doesn't mean they weren't attractive, which is always selective and in the eyes of the beholder, someone I find attractive you maybe won't and vice-versa, that's life!

If we were all attracted to the same type of person then the world would be a very boring place!

The forums are also a good place for people to read into other peoples posts what they want to read and not always what is written.

As always, just my tuppence worth and hopefully said with a wee bit of tact!

Back of Beyond

Exactly as I meantin my post bb. In the case I quoted, I am not one to have sex with everyone at a party 'because I can' or because as some of the other guys view it, 'notches on the bedpost'

» Add a new message to this topic