FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Would It Be Illegal

Would It Be Illegal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

to make some phone calls and get the "boys" to go round and lamp anyone working on my insurance claim for the last 7 months......I want my house back!!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"lamp someone", haven't heard that phrase for years

and its only illegal if ya caught

just a thought, send penny round

"just a thought, send penny round "

Am knitting Penny a tactical assault outfit and balaclava......she gonna be my secret weapon

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"just a thought, send penny round

Am knitting Penny a tactical assault outfit and balaclava......she gonna be my secret weapon "

The Pennyator

"just a thought, send penny round

Am knitting Penny a tactical assault outfit and balaclava......she gonna be my secret weapon

The Pennyator "

lolol.....She'll be back :p

You could inform them that after your claim is settled, you wish to continue with your insurance cover but you will place a 7-month delay in paying your premiums and still expect to be fully covered. This will probably be met with hoots of derision initially, incredulous disbelief after they've stopped laughing, and then a letter from your account manager detailing how apologetic the company are, accompanied by a cheque.

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

"to make some phone calls and get the "boys" to go round and lamp anyone working on my insurance claim for the last 7 months......I want my house back!!!!!"
7 months lol I've been fighting a bike insurance claim for 2 years and the other party admitted liability too, the just don't want to pay the £7,500 hire charge's and the personal loss adjustments

Am currently arguing about the definition of a drain (drains are covered under my policy, so obviously they want it to be something else).....7 months out of my house so far....water still pouring through the walls.....they complaining about the costs and seem to have forgotten that all the while the water flows through....the property deteriorates.....looking like it might be Christmas before I get back in now....If I am lucky.

I've told them it's a drain....loss adjuster told them we're covered under policy and they need to pay to have it moved.....the engineers have told them they need to move it......bunch of bastards!

Keep hoping the house will fall down the embankment.....but it's still standing.....grrrrr

"to make some phone calls and get the "boys" to go round and lamp anyone working on my insurance claim for the last 7 months......I want my house back!!!!! 7 months lol I've been fighting a bike insurance claim for 2 years and the other party admitted liability too, the just don't want to pay the £7,500 hire charge's and the personal loss adjustments "

we had a similar incident with the car, took over a year to sort, yeah insurance companies are great when they are selling their products but make a claim and its nothing but stress

"to make some phone calls and get the "boys" to go round and lamp anyone working on my insurance claim for the last 7 months......I want my house back!!!!! 7 months lol I've been fighting a bike insurance claim for 2 years and the other party admitted liability too, the just don't want to pay the £7,500 hire charge's and the personal loss adjustments "

lol...water started pouring through my downstairs walls on November 1st last year.....still it flows through so cannot go ahead with reinstatement of the whole of the downstairs area......as much as I love this farmhouse it's not my house (although......am thinking of asking the farmer if I can buy it once mine is rebuilt and sold)

"to make some phone calls and get the "boys" to go round and lamp anyone working on my insurance claim for the last 7 months......I want my house back!!!!! 7 months lol I've been fighting a bike insurance claim for 2 years and the other party admitted liability too, the just don't want to pay the £7,500 hire charge's and the personal loss adjustments

we had a similar incident with the car, took over a year to sort, yeah insurance companies are great when they are selling their products but make a claim and its nothing but stress "

made a couple of claims in the past against the contents insurance....sorted out without a problem

never claimed before against buildings insurance....now the cost is up to about 150k and they're trying to le out.......they're trying to see if they can claim the drain aint a drain....and they arguing that i don't legally own it....so not covered either way.....now arguing the finer points of English language and Scottish Property Law with them.......I WILL be back in my house by the end of the year and they WILL pay for it

I think they hope you never have to claim on buildings insurance when they sell you the insurance for it, and your right, they always try to come up with reasons and excuses for delaying, GET PENNY ROUND THERE TO SORT EM OUT

"I think they hope you never have to claim on buildings insurance when they sell you the insurance for it, and your right, they always try to come up with reasons and excuses for delaying, GET PENNY ROUND THERE TO SORT EM OUT "

their motto by the end of this will be....never try and argue definitions with a lawyer.....especially a redundant one with far too much time on his hands!!!!....lol

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

I have old for new contents with accidental damage cover and when I bought my plasma screen TV I put it on the policy as it was a high priced item ( as per the terms of the insurance) now I was redecorating the lounge when the the said TV had to come off the wall, all good to this point, but I hadn't banked on a clumsy mate coming round to "help", he knocked over said screen and woo is me the inner screen shattered, so on the phone I get, and nice lady at other end asked a few questions (as they do) to which she say's she will get a loose adjuster to call round and inspect the said TV, he turns up looks at it a says " yep it's broken" check's the detail on the receipt and say " ah-ha" i said and what does " ah-ha" mean, he said it's a monitor not a TV you might have trouble claiming for it. he weren't wrong £1500 worth of TV/monitor lays unused and unrepaired because I called it a TV and not a monitor doh it shows pretty picture just like any other TV (or should I say did) small print is a great get out in all insurance company policies

"I have old for new contents with accidental damage cover and when I bought my plasma screen TV I put it on the policy as it was a high priced item ( as per the terms of the insurance) now I was redecorating the lounge when the the said TV had to come off the wall, all good to this point, but I hadn't banked on a clumsy mate coming round to "help", he knocked over said screen and woo is me the inner screen shattered, so on the phone I get, and nice lady at other end asked a few questions (as they do) to which she say's she will get a loose adjuster to call round and inspect the said TV, he turns up looks at it a says " yep it's broken" check's the detail on the receipt and say " ah-ha" i said and what does " ah-ha" mean, he said it's a monitor not a TV you might have trouble claiming for it. he weren't wrong £1500 worth of TV/monitor lays unused and unrepaired because I called it a TV and not a monitor doh it shows pretty picture just like any other TV (or should I say did) small print is a great get out in all insurance company policies "

I hate insurance companies now....lol

"Am currently arguing about the definition of a drain (drains are covered under my policy, so obviously they want it to be something else).....7 months out of my house so far....water still pouring through the walls.....they complaining about the costs and seem to have forgotten that all the while the water flows through....the property deteriorates.....looking like it might be Christmas before I get back in now....If I am lucky.

I've told them it's a drain....loss adjuster told them we're covered under policy and they need to pay to have it moved.....the engineers have told them they need to move it......bunch of bastards!

Keep hoping the house will fall down the embankment.....but it's still standing.....grrrrr"

Threaten them with Watchdog. Every company featured on that prog caves in when they see what a bad picture is painted of them.

» Add a new message to this topic