FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Random acts of kindness

Random acts of kindness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Two things today gave me food for thought....

It was one of those days. Tired, down in the dumps and hormonal!

As always, I called my most accommodating friendly ear and offloaded my woes. 2 minutes later he called back with the news that he'd booked me in for a full body massage at 4pm. He's a fellow fabster and former playmate... and while our relationship is purely plutonic, this gent had been a constant in my life for the past two years. I like to think I'm little Miss independent and would usually turn down such an offer.... But after an hour of pure bliss I'm so glad I just accepted such a kind gesture!!!

Then this evening I took my little one to the shop and an older gent commented on how energetic he was. I made polite small talk with him and then carried on shopping. When I got to the till I encountered him again and he gave me packet of small balls he'd bought for my lad to keep him entertained. My initial reaction was of discomfort... My child, a stranger, odd gesture ..... But I didn't really feel I could give them back.

On reflection I did wonder why I was so suspicious of what is most likely a simple kind act? ..... Am I alone in my suspicion and caution?

The world needs more random kindness!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *erseyridersCouple  over a year ago

wallasey

mayb the old guy was grateful 2 u stopping n saying hello they do get lonely at times ,,n wish I had a friend like urs 2 book a massage 4 me ,,truefrienship goes a long long way ,,,,

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's amazing what a smile and brief chat from a stranger can do, especially for the elderly generation, don't ynderestimate how much you could've made that chaps day x

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 29/10/14 21:20:08]

Wow how lovely indeed x

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

No your not alone but that's the problem now people are increasingly suspicious of acts of kindness

My 13 yer old daughter helped an elderly lady with her bags to the car recently at the local shops and she was quite rude to her and asked her what she was after. My daughter was horrified as she just wanted to help. I feel like going to find the woman to give her a piece of my mind and tell her how my daughter used to take out the bins for most of the old folk on her paper round and how she volunteers at the local primary school after school clubs and just likes to help people not that she wants anything

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

The media in general has made us very mistrustful of random acts of kindness. The old guy buying a small toy for your son, must be a paedophile. Not a thought that he might just be lonely and grateful for the 2 minutes of company.

There are signs all over my town centre at the minute advising people not to give money to beggars as they'll spend it on booze or drugs. But to donate to a charity instead. I've never given money to homeless, but will happily buy a sandwich or something for them to eat. Last week I bought a bacon sandwich for a homeless guy I passed. Then I sat down with him and spent 10 minutes chatting to him. He said that made him feel better than the sandwich.

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

when my mam passed away my pop struggled and I noticed he often spoke to children in supermarkets and I think it was easier for him to relate to children at that stage in his life - too much bad press and worried parents but obviously be careful

I had my first proper massage over the weekend and really enjoyed it - it was pretty amusing / embarrassing but that's another story

"when my mam passed away my pop struggled and I noticed he often spoke to children in supermarkets and I think it was easier for him to relate to children at that stage in his life - too much bad press and worried parents but obviously be careful

I had my first proper massage over the weekend and really enjoyed it - it was pretty amusing / embarrassing but that's another story "

Haha I can imagine!!!

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

"when my mam passed away my pop struggled and I noticed he often spoke to children in supermarkets and I think it was easier for him to relate to children at that stage in his life - too much bad press and worried parents but obviously be careful

I had my first proper massage over the weekend and really enjoyed it - it was pretty amusing / embarrassing but that's another story

Haha I can imagine!!!"

It wasn't a dodgy one btw honest

an old homeless tramp once bought me and my friend a cup of tea each when we had to rough it one night on the streets of London.it was something that realy touched my heart and something that I will never forget

"an old homeless tramp once bought me and my friend a cup of tea each when we had to rough it one night on the streets of London.it was something that realy touched my heart and something that I will never forget"

People with barely nothing are usually the first to give,.. I guess they know the value of heartfelt gestures! X

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

Haha I can imagine!!!

It wasn't a dodgy one btw honest "

. Glad your day got better . It is a sad reflection on society that we have to be so carefull to whom we offer help. I have stopped to help people for example when their car is broken down. However if it was a lady by herself , unless there were other people around , I might just drive past in case my motives were questioned or it was a trap. The same applies to children. Sometimes you need to be careful about looking at them or smiling ,let alone offering help. In an emergency situation I would offer help , otherwise probably not . This is a bit of a sad reflection on society in general.

» Add a new message to this topic