FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > David Mellor Caught on Tape

David Mellor Caught on Tape

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Taxi driver recorded his heated conversation and sent it to The Sun after he and Mellor argued about him allegedly taking Mellor the long way round to his destination.

I can't help but feel Mellor was provoked and put the guy in his place.

I've had a taxi try and rip me off in the past and must confess that things got very heated at one stage.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not heard the tape, but £29 for a 5 mile journey ?? Bloody hell

By *ittykate84Woman  over a year ago

CHESTER

Ive stopped a taxi driver once after he passed the turn off for quickest route to my house & told him which way I wanted to go & if he diverted from that route id phone the taxi company right then!

You can state route preference you dont just have to let them go the way they want

By *icefellatwoMan  over a year ago

hastings

"Ive stopped a taxi driver once after he passed the turn off for quickest route to my house & told him which way I wanted to go & if he diverted from that route id phone the taxi company right then!

You can state route preference you dont just have to let them go the way they want "

We seem to have a lot of foreign drivers now that want to take you the longest way

By *ittykate84Woman  over a year ago

CHESTER

"Ive stopped a taxi driver once after he passed the turn off for quickest route to my house & told him which way I wanted to go & if he diverted from that route id phone the taxi company right then!

You can state route preference you dont just have to let them go the way they want

We seem to have a lot of foreign drivers now that want to take you the longest way "

Same! Luckily even though i dont drive im a very good navigator & the threat of calling the office & taking their taxi number down to report to the council is usually a good deterrant

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I noticed that when enumerating his achievements, he didn't mention his biggest achievement - that of introducing the Toe Job to the wider public

"

We seem to have a lot of foreign drivers now that want to take you the longest way "

I don't think it has anything to do with their nationality. Dishonesty isn't race specific.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Does that taxi driver record all conversations with fares or just the ones that are known to the public?

I havn't seen the article but if its true that it cost £29 for 5 miles then I'd be saying something too

By *icoleDiamondsWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Bit scary if your taxi driver records your private conversations and releases it to the press unless there was some criminal element to it.

"Does that taxi driver record all conversations with fares or just the ones that are known to the public?

I havn't seen the article but if its true that it cost £29 for 5 miles then I'd be saying something too"

From what I can gather, the driver only recorded the second half of the conversation once it had got very heated.

"Does that taxi driver record all conversations with fares or just the ones that are known to the public?

I havn't seen the article but if its true that it cost £29 for 5 miles then I'd be saying something too

From what I can gather, the driver only recorded the second half of the conversation once it had got very heated. "

So we only have half a story then

By *y2funMan  over a year ago

DUDLEY

"but £29 for a 5 mile journey"

he's a tory/millionaire he can afford it...

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I havn't seen the article but if its true that it cost £29 for 5 miles then I'd be saying something too"

Marylebone High St to East London at 10 to 6 on a Friday?

The cab would have spent an awful lot of time stationary and if a metered cab the fare is charged by time as well as distance.

A

Marylebone High St to East London at 10 to 6 on a Friday?

The cab would have spent an awful lot of time stationary and if a metered cab the fare is charged by time as well as distance.

A"

True....thank goodness for tubes,feet and 2 brothers in law who are London cabbies

"but £29 for a 5 mile journey

he's a tory/millionaire he can afford it..."

If he feels hes been ripped off then that makes no difference

"

From what I can gather, the driver only recorded the second half of the conversation once it had got very heated.

So we only have half a story then"

Yes, and the media has chosen to attack Mellor because he used to be a public figure.

I am not his fan, but I know what it's like to be ripped off. I believe there's two sides to this story.

Have you thought that through?

DUDLEY

"

Have you thought that through? "

not at all but he can afford it.... plus he support's chelsea I'd have added a tenner for that!

"I noticed that when enumerating his achievements, he didn't mention his biggest achievement - that of introducing the Toe Job to the wider public "

Antonia, toe-sucking and the Chelsea footy top sex! Ahhh they don't make them like they used to.

"I noticed that when enumerating his achievements, he didn't mention his biggest achievement - that of introducing the Toe Job to the wider public

Antonia, toe-sucking and the Chelsea footy top sex! Ahhh they don't make them like they used to. "

That was what you call a sex scandal! 5 times a night too!

I used to read what was said about him,look at him and think eewwwwww no way

"

We seem to have a lot of foreign drivers now that want to take you the longest way

I don't think it has anything to do with their nationality. Dishonesty isn't race specific. "

A nationality isn't a race either.

DUDLEY

"look at him and think eewwwwww no way "

as been said many times, Westminster is Hollywood for the ugly, and power is an aphrodisiac.

Yes its amazing what a 9 volt battery can do in the right hands.

Shit like this is why I would rather drive than have a drink. I try to avoid taxis as much as I can.

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'll be interested in seeing what our resident London Cabbie has to say about this, as he's the best person with the knowledge to say if the price is reasonable and so on. I'm also interested in how long till he finishes and if he's been busy*.

*not everyone will get the reference

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The £29 doesn't bother me so much - it's a lot but if it's a busy time then the meter turns over.

What bothers me is the taxi driver recording the conversation. If there is a notice indicating you'll be filmed and/or recorded that's one thing but secretly recording and passing it on!? Not on.

On a side note his partner is a good looking woman. I so would.

As per Lickety, i'd be surprised if he wasn't falling foul of some law by recording and or passing it on.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

shows some people will sell out anyone.....

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

--.----

He would probably put it on expenses too. The man's a total pig.

It doesn't matter what route he took. Five miles would equate to £29 whether it was in a straight line or around the houses.

Titz Towers, North Notts

Ah, Mr Polk, I've been expecting you

"I'll be interested in seeing what our resident London Cabbie has to say about this, as he's the best person with the knowledge to say if the price is reasonable and so on. I'm also interested in how long till he finishes and if he's been busy*.

*not everyone will get the reference"

Not bad for a Tuesday in November. I've got a couple more hours in the saddle yet.

My take on it is the fare seems very reasonable considering the time of day and the route he would have to travel. The city would have been choca block Tower Hill is notoriously slow on a Friday.

I do think it is poor form to record a conversation, we are told to just wipe our mouths and get on with it no matter how rude someone will get. However it does seem that Mellior was trying to show off in front of his companion and I'm not sorry it backfired on him. It can be quite grating when someone in the back tries to impress someone by belittling you.

"I noticed that when enumerating his achievements, he didn't mention his biggest achievement - that of introducing the Toe Job to the wider public

Antonia, toe-sucking and the Chelsea footy top sex! Ahhh they don't make them like they used to. "

thank you x been trying to remember her name all day !

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Ha ha 'nuff said. He was a twat anyway

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Why is it important? It's a non - story.

"Man refuses to pay taxi fare. Has heated argument. "

That's it.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Mellor always was a pompous twat

He'll put it on expenses and the tax payer Can't afford it!! Not heard the full story but if I got charged that for a £5 journey I'd of gone ballistic as well.

Mellor is a pompous snob with an enormous sense of entitlement and a big mouth. The taxi driver shouldn't have done what he did but he wasn't exactly hacking phones, was he.

As for ruining the day, DM probably accomplished that single-handedly; he's a wanker after all.

He'd just come from some jolly at buckingham palace. . A stroppy taxi driver is hardly going to make a dent it that day ! Yes it's a non story in essence. And yes the cabbie wasn't right to record and share the convo . But the fact that it's out there has sparked debate. It's fuelled the fire that people who consider themselves in high end positions have now been allegedly known to look down their nose at the working classes . A very general _iew of course, but given the fairly recent Andrew Mitchell episode, it makes interesting reading . What i had to smile at was that DM, who no doubt is educated in debating skills, uses his experience in goverment and high office, as some sort of comeback to the taxi driver's claim that 10 years driving made him more likely to know the best route. I wasn't aware that being an MP required learning 'the knowledge' ! Ha. I guess he was trying very obtusely to tell the driver to do as he's told because he's just a cabbie. How very gracious !

Titz Towers, North Notts

"My take on it is the fare seems very reasonable considering the time of day and the route he would have to travel. The city would have been choca block Tower Hill is notoriously slow on a Friday.

I do think it is poor form to record a conversation, we are told to just wipe our mouths and get on with it no matter how rude someone will get. However it does seem that Mellior was trying to show off in front of his companion and I'm not sorry it backfired on him. It can be quite grating when someone in the back tries to impress someone by belittling you. "

"Not heard the tape, but £29 for a 5 mile journey ?? Bloody hell "

I've just done a very similar trip and the fare was £27.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Not heard the tape, but £29 for a 5 mile journey ?? Bloody hell

I've just done a very similar trip and the fare was £27."

It's what I would expect to pay in London, depending on the time of day and the five miles in question.

» Add a new message to this topic