FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > UKIP

UKIP

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icefellatwo OP   Man  over a year ago

hastings

More ammunition and votes for ukip net migration up to 260,000 this year

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yay Nigel and his rich mates can get out of the EU and then the banks won't be regulated, we lose more of our job rights and rights to education for our children, out NHS gone, and yayayayayayayayay.

FFS go see who is funding these pricks and then tell me you wanna vote for them.

I suspect that part of their current popularity may be down to the fact that, apart from leaving Europe, they do not have any policies. People may find it hard to disagree with non-existent policies.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

A lovely picture of all the UKIP seats empty for debates and votes at the EU. I would love to be able to post the link.

That's our taxes paying for them to not do their job but still claim the expenses.

Oh yeah and those other parties are just full of swell ideas and how many manifesto pledges never get seen through even when they do get elected.

I think we should form a fabs party

Would you like to see my manifesto

By *ibbyhunterCouple  over a year ago

keighley

"A lovely picture of all the UKIP seats empty for debates and votes at the EU. I would love to be able to post the link.

That's our taxes paying for them to not do their job but still claim the expenses.

"

expenses pot. kettle . black , springs to mind lol

"More ammunition and votes for ukip net migration up to 260,000 this year"

More votes for ukip.

"Oh yeah and those other parties are just full of swell ideas and how many manifesto pledges never get seen through even when they do get elected."

Yeah i noticed the tories have deleted most of their pre-election pledges, such as pledging making families better off and that. We didn't forget though.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Oh yeah and those other parties are just full of swell ideas and how many manifesto pledges never get seen through even when they do get elected."

LOL Yes. I even read today that Nick Clegg is looking at ways to clamp down on immigration.

You really couldn't make it up.

Meanwhile I'll wait for all the usual Racist, Xenophobic, Sexist, Homophobic, and every other "ist and ic" bullshit that these threads usually turn into.

By *couser83Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Ukip have not made it a secret that they don't attend euro meetings and yet still people have voted them. So really it's the public that have given them the power, then complain that they are using people's tax money.

Those are the 'given' figures , I wonder what the true count is ?

"Yay Nigel and his rich mates can get out of the EU and then the banks won't be regulated, we lose more of our job rights and rights to education for our children, out NHS gone, and yayayayayayayayay.

FFS go see who is funding these pricks and then tell me you wanna vote for them."

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Ukip have not made it a secret that they don't attend euro meetings and yet still people have voted them. So really it's the public that have given them the power, then complain that they are using people's tax money. "

Of course they make no secret of it, in fact the wear some of it as a badge of honour.

They are as good (or bad) as most of the others when it comes to full meetings in the chamber. However they tend not to bother sending one member of the EFD group to (for example) a fisheries meeting when the only issue is rubber stamping what the commission have already decided.

They are not there to help the EU. They are there to expose, criticise, and generally cause trouble and disruption in the best way they can.

Long may they continue.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Yay Nigel and his rich mates can get out of the EU and then the banks won't be regulated, we lose more of our job rights and rights to education for our children, out NHS gone, and yayayayayayayayay.

FFS go see who is funding these pricks and then tell me you wanna vote for them."

I'll take Stuart Wheeler over Len McCluskey any time.

Liverpool

"Ukip have not made it a secret that they don't attend euro meetings and yet still people have voted them. So really it's the public that have given them the power, then complain that they are using people's tax money.

Of course they make no secret of it, in fact the wear some of it as a badge of honour.

They are as good (or bad) as most of the others when it comes to full meetings in the chamber. However they tend not to bother sending one member of the EFD group to (for example) a fisheries meeting when the only issue is rubber stamping what the commission have already decided.

They are not there to help the EU. They are there to expose, criticise, and generally cause trouble and disruption in the best way they can.

Long may they continue. "

It's a good thing that immigration is a net benefit on the economy. Where would we be without it?

"More ammunition and votes for ukip net migration up to 260,000 this year

It's a good thing that immigration is a net benefit on the economy. Where would we be without it?"

But where will be in ten years time?.

You know why Germany always does better than we do, long term investment and strategy over short term financial gain and bullshit figures.

"Ukip have not made it a secret that they don't attend euro meetings and yet still people have voted them. So really it's the public that have given them the power, then complain that they are using people's tax money. "

That is one of the scary things in this whole shambles... They openly say they won't do anything to help the country when elected to Europe, yet people still vote for them.

IF they were to announce that all people not called Nigel will be dumped in the middle of the Atlantic without a life raft, some people would cheer and still vote for them!

"Ukip have not made it a secret that they don't attend euro meetings and yet still people have voted them. So really it's the public that have given them the power, then complain that they are using people's tax money.

That is one of the scary things in this whole shambles... They openly say they won't do anything to help the country when elected to Europe, yet people still vote for them.

IF they were to announce that all people not called Nigel will be dumped in the middle of the Atlantic without a life raft, some people would cheer and still vote for them!"

.It's nothing new

The same was done in northern Ireland for years.... It's a protest vote about something you don't wish to be part of

hastings

It's a good thing that immigration is a net benefit on the economy. Where would we be without it?"

A lot better off

we would be a lot better off without it.

Oh ssssshhhhhhh multimillionaire tax avoiding Nigel Farage is a man of the people. He drinks pints in the pub - that's all we need to know

Next you'll be suggesting that former tory MP's don't represent change and aren't shaking up the establishment!

"

IF they were to announce that all people not called Nigel will be dumped in the middle of the Atlantic without a life raft, some people would cheer and still vote for them!"

Haha love it.

Noticed my racist mate (yes he is a mate but i don't agree with his views on muslims and he knows this) doesn't even support UKIP any more.

Every single party has a manifesto to gain support to attract votes which will get them into office once in they renade on their promises usually around the NHS and Education saying its to costly pr to difficult for this term of office but we will bring it in if voted in again so in reality they place more importance and focus into being re-elected rather than doing the actual things they were voted in for. They are all corrupt and need hanging we need another Cromwell to shake the system up and bring in something different as this clearly isnt working

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=47mu3Gy4RWQ

Immigration ? Gideon is on his own trip.

"http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=47mu3Gy4RWQ

Immigration ? Gideon is on his own trip.

"

I thought he was a man not acid

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I will be voting ukip

If we could all just concentrate on actual policies and further about the xenophobia or other stuff.

The heart of the matter is the free movement of people inside Europe( now my personal political beliefs is democracy and freedom), so this is sought of against my grain, but this policy is the worst thought out stupid ill conceived policy that's ever been dreamt up.

All it does is serve to move masses of people from country to country looking for work, which is both illogical and an environmental disaster.

Surely it would be better to raise infrastructure and investment in the poor countries and give these people a chance of improving their lives in their own country.

Now that's not to say we have to shut borders and isolate ourselves.

Did anyone actually think what would happen if 20% of every poor countries population decided to migrate to "where the jobs were", were talking about 90 million people inside Europe who are poor and wish to improve their lives... So what happens if all 90 million decide the uk is the place to be.

This both decimates their own country through loss of skills and ruins this one through lack of infrastructure, not to mention the tensions it places on society when infrastructure comes under strain.

Then you have the environmental disaster of these 90 million effectively commuting 1000,s of miles to work.

Giving unlimited freedom to people is a great idea but sometimes it's unworkable.

It was a net benefit, it's not any more.

It's a good thing that immigration is a net benefit on the economy. Where would we be without it?

A lot better off"

As a country that is financially factually incorrect.

Costa Blanca Spain...

A lot better off

As a country that is financially factually incorrect. "

Is it? I would love to see the figures.

Bear in mind that according to the ONS (as reported on Sky News this morning) to be fiscally neutral you need to earn around £55,000 PA.

So if the majority of the 260,000 that arrived in the last year earn more than that then you would be correct, if not, you are wrong. I don't know the exact average figure, but I certainly know where I would place my bet.

Costa Blanca Spain...

We can too and fro all day but the bottom line is simple.

If you are happy with net immigration running at around a quarter of a million per year. Happy with giving around 50 million quid a day to a bunch of unelected bureaucrats. Happy that faceless judges in a foreign court can say which killers, rapists, paedophiles, terrorists Etc. we can or cannot deport. Happy that the same unelected bureaucrats can do their best to stifle or even destroy the financial sector in London, and before anyone get's on the greedy banker high horse, remember that it is only the taxes from the financial sector that keeps the country afloat. So if you are happy with all of that, then vote Lib/Lab/Con.

If not then vote Ukip and get the return of Grammar schools, the scrapping of the HS2 white elephant, and enough power stations to keep the lights on instead of useless windmills as a bonus.

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

It's got nothing to do with the fact that the government can't or won't control it so now they are trying to prove its beneficial!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to workout that the infrastructure in this country just cannot cope.

As for the whole policy in europe it's geneous! We want to reduce load on our economy because we're skint so we bring in a free movement policy in europe and a good percentage of our population will go to the country that hands out benefit and help the easiest, one of the most wealthiest in europe. Then we'll tell them they have done so well they have to pay more for the privilege.

How can any of that be a good thing for this Country?

I don't believe Ukip will be good for this country atall. However the other parties have nothing to offer, they are all looking the same and they are all letting the population down.

"If not then vote Ukip and get the return of Grammar schools, the scrapping of the HS2 white elephant, and enough power stations to keep the lights on instead of useless windmills as a bonus. "

That's a lot of bonuses from a party that has actually promised nothing at all. Not even to actually get out of the EU!

UKIP has no problem with immigration from Non EU sources, so presuming we leave the EU then they will have no problem with immigrants from the EU as we are no longer part of it?

So what exactly are they promising to solve?

By *inCity BluesMan  over a year ago

London

A lot better off

As a country that is financially factually incorrect. "

The financial benefit of immigration to the UK is around 80p a week to every man, woman and child in the UK.

*Eighty pence a week*.

If you look at the most recent figures, the ones given huge coverage by the liberal media as "proving" the economic case for immigration, this is what the surplus financial contribution of immigrants to the exchequer works out to, per head of population, over the period examined.

*Eighty pence a week*

Eighty pence a week to each of us, and in return we get Islamic terrorism*, grooming gangs, criminal shitbags from around the world**, Roma beggars and pickpockets from Eastern Europe, fractured communities, overcrowded cities, overstretched schools and hospitals, and overwhelmed public services.

All to be three pound twenty a month better off. Must be why they call it "enrichment".

(*, **, *** - the figures celebrated in the Guardian et al had the cost of healthcare and education factored in, but not the cost of investigating and prosecuting crimes, nor the cost of combatting the threat of Islamic terrorism (around 3.5bn a year, if i recall) nor the cost of the new schools and homes that will need to be built in future to accomodate them (which alone will wipe out many times over the net financial surplus seen over the period measured.)

Oh, nearly forgot - the financial contribution of immigrants to the Exchquer over the period measured was barely one-sixth of the COST that previous generations of immigrants place on it in terms of benefits, healthcare and pensions.

Costa Blanca Spain...

A lot better off

The financial benefit of immigration to the UK is around 80p a week to every man, woman and child in the UK.

*Eighty pence a week*.

If you look at the most recent figures, the ones given huge coverage by the liberal media as "proving" the economic case for immigration, this is what the surplus financial contribution of immigrants to the exchequer works out to, per head of population, over the period examined.

*Eighty pence a week*

Eighty pence a week to each of us, and in return we get Islamic terrorism*, grooming gangs, criminal shitbags from around the world**, Roma beggars and pickpockets from Eastern Europe, fractured communities, overcrowded cities, overstretched schools and hospitals, and overwhelmed public services.

All to be three pound twenty a month better off. Must be why they call it "enrichment".

(*, **, *** - the figures celebrated in the Guardian et al had the cost of healthcare and education factored in, but not the cost of investigating and prosecuting crimes, nor the cost of combatting the threat of Islamic terrorism (around 3.5bn a year, if i recall) nor the cost of the new schools and homes that will need to be built in future to accomodate them (which alone will wipe out many times over the net financial surplus seen over the period measured.)

Oh, nearly forgot - the financial contribution of immigrants to the Exchquer over the period measured was barely one-sixth of the COST that previous generations of immigrants place on it in terms of benefits, healthcare and pensions.

"

Good post.

It is worth adding though that the 80 pence per week figure is based on all immigration.

Take the high earners from the financial sector and some very well paid engineers and scientists out of the equation and the cost of mass immigration of minimum wage earners is exactly that. A cost, and quite a large one.

Just to make the point...

The only immigration that may be slowed down by leaving the EU is from EU member states.

Until Turkey join the EU there are no Islamic faith based countries in the EU. Also more to the point Islamic people are NOT terrorists there are a few terrorists who claim to also be Islamic but that is not the same thing.

Also if the MEP's we elected had done their job properly there would be no UK paid benefits or housing for EU migrant workers who had not been in full employment and paying tax into the system before claiming... but the UKIP MEP's didn't turn up to vote on it!

Liverpool

"Just to make the point...

The only immigration that may be slowed down by leaving the EU is from EU member states.

Until Turkey join the EU there are no Islamic faith based countries in the EU. Also more to the point Islamic people are NOT terrorists there are a few terrorists who claim to also be Islamic but that is not the same thing.

Also if the MEP's we elected had done their job properly there would be no UK paid benefits or housing for EU migrant workers who had not been in full employment and paying tax into the system before claiming... but the UKIP MEP's didn't turn up to vote on it!

"

That's right, blame Ukip for all the problems.

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

Guess what I'm going to say??????????

Sits, watches and smiles

I see the tories have let another deal for private companies to run the east cost railways, after the tax payers had to bail out the rich tory mates the first time and now thew rich tories and mates are doing it again ffs.. Nationalise the railways. At least taxpayers money will go to running it instead of tory and rich pals bank accounts

Costa Blanca Spain...

"If not then vote Ukip and get the return of Grammar schools, the scrapping of the HS2 white elephant, and enough power stations to keep the lights on instead of useless windmills as a bonus.

That's a lot of bonuses from a party that has actually promised nothing at all. Not even to actually get out of the EU!

UKIP has no problem with immigration from Non EU sources, so presuming we leave the EU then they will have no problem with immigrants from the EU as we are no longer part of it?

"

That is so wrong I don't really know where to start with an answer. But here goes.

Firstly Ukip (and myself) are not against immigration per se. Never have been and never will be.

Only a fool would pull up the drawbridge and cut immigration to zero.

Britain and other European country's will always need workers from other country's whether they be skilled engineers or minimum wage fruit pickers.

What Ukip say (and I wholeheartedly agree with) is that Britain should be able to choose which migrants it needs based on their skills and which vacancies need filling.

It is ludicrous that a company which needs and engineer from say Nigeria to do a specific job will get refused while someone from an EU country can waltz in, grab a few copies of the Big Issue, then claim they are self employed and open the gates to a raft of "in work" benefits.

It is also ludicrous that while Britain has a million kids on the dole it pays the same "in work" benefits to minimum wage immigrants. In effect paying twice.

Also, as touched on by a previous poster, the ability to deport (or better still bar entry to) foreign criminals. Just in today's news are two story's, one about a gang of convicted Polish armed robbers who beat a professor to within an inch of his life, and a gang of fourteen Somali's who groomed and raped girls as young as 13. These people should never be allowed in, and if some do manage to slip in under the radar they should be instantly deported.

Ukip has no desire to abolish immigration but to reduce it to a sustainable level and to be able to choose who does or does not enter the country. At the moment Britain has neither.

All the tories want is cheap labour that has no say in zero hour contracts, hrs etc.. Why train british citizens when you can get pretrained foreighners? Uk citizens? Fuck em, let em sit on the meagre dole while the tories and rich pals have the gravy train. The uk Great for greedy rich business that can import cheap labour, poverty, zero hrs and workhouses for the working classes

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

UKIP may well talk a load of bollocks , have a shady past and no idea on policies .

But lets face it nor do the other shower of lying shits out there

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Nonsense. The EU parliament has no veto on benefit rules. The commission decide and the commission get.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"All the tories want is cheap labour that has no say in zero hour contracts, hrs etc.. Why train british citizens when you can get pretrained foreighners? Uk citizens? Fuck em, let em sit on the meagre dole while the tories and rich pals have the gravy train. The uk Great for greedy rich business that can import cheap labour, poverty, zero hrs and workhouses for the working classes"

While there may be a little bit of truth in that "the Tory's just want cheap labour"

How do you explain the previous Labour governments own admission that "they sent out search party's for immigrants" You certainly can't blame the Tory's for that.

Leicestershire

That's all according to known figures as well. What about the thousands coming in hiding in the back of lorries and christ knows where else.

How many of these illegal immigrants do we actually return to whence they came?

And it's not just the financial implications. A very frightened sister in Law once had no choice but to leave an abusive husband. Over the coming couple of years her and her two children lost out on social housing to immigrants no less than 4 times. At the time that was actually stated by the social services. That cannot be right in a country you have lived, worked and paid taxes in your whole life. When it comes down to it, it takes two years for you to rehome your family with two children because others are using up the housing available. Not really interested in debating her situation particularly but it is an example of the stress the social services are under right now because of immigration.

One thing that made me loose sleep was when the tories hit the disabled. What sort of country does that while giving tax breaks shove uk citizens to one side to get cheap labour and companies to avoid having to train uk citizens whatever their colour, gender etc.. to the rich repacious b***ards need to be out. Remeber the deficit is growing while tories and their mates scoff at the troff!

Leicestershire

"All the tories want is cheap labour that has no say in zero hour contracts, hrs etc.. Why train british citizens when you can get pretrained foreighners? Uk citizens? Fuck em, let em sit on the meagre dole while the tories and rich pals have the gravy train. The uk Great for greedy rich business that can import cheap labour, poverty, zero hrs and workhouses for the working classes

While there may be a little bit of truth in that "the Tory's just want cheap labour"

How do you explain the previous Labour governments own admission that "they sent out search party's for immigrants" You certainly can't blame the Tory's for that."

Because they wanted cheap labour aswell?

Why employ one person from the UK when you can employ 3 or 4 immigrants for the same money?

"Nonsense. The EU parliament has no veto on benefit rules. The commission decide and the commission get."

The purpose of the MEP's is to debate and modify what the commission decides!

Regular correspondence with my MEP along with the rest of MAG has stopped a lot of motorcycle legislation getting imposed, and moderated that which has slipped through. Thankfully not a UKIP MEP!

"Every single party has a manifesto to gain support to attract votes which will get them into office once in they renade on their promises usually around the NHS and Education saying its to costly pr to difficult for this term of office but we will bring it in if voted in again so in reality they place more importance and focus into being re-elected rather than doing the actual things they were voted in for. They are all corrupt and need hanging we need another Cromwell to shake the system up and bring in something different as this clearly isnt working"

Liverpool

As I said earlier on in this post, Ukip said if they get any MEP's they've wouldn't vote on anything the Eu said and still right now there are 24 ukip Mep's. So what does that tell you about how the public feel about Europe. If there was a in-out referendum tomorrow the eu would be saying bye to the uk and all of the money we give them.

"As I said earlier on in this post, Ukip said if they get any MEP's they've wouldn't vote on anything the Eu said and still right now there are 24 ukip Mep's. So what does that tell you about how the public feel about Europe. If there was a in-out referendum tomorrow the eu would be saying bye to the uk and all of the money we give them."

about the only reason there is to vote Tory next May... voting UKIP may stop the referendum.

"

Also, as touched on by a previous poster, the ability to deport (or better still bar entry to) foreign criminals. Just in today's news are two story's, one about a gang of convicted Polish armed robbers who beat a professor to within an inch of his life, and a gang of fourteen Somali's who groomed and raped girls as young as 13. These people should never be allowed in, and if some do manage to slip in under the radar they should be instantly deported.

Ukip has no desire to abolish immigration but to reduce it to a sustainable level and to be able to choose who does or does not enter the country. At the moment Britain has neither."

Bloody foreign criminals, coming over ere n commiting crimes british criminals commited, its why its nothing short of er criminal

"All the tories want is cheap labour that has no say in zero hour contracts, hrs etc.. Why train british citizens when you can get pretrained foreighners? Uk citizens? Fuck em, let em sit on the meagre dole while the tories and rich pals have the gravy train. The uk Great for greedy rich business that can import cheap labour, poverty, zero hrs and workhouses for the working classes

How do you explain the previous Labour governments own admission that "they sent out search party's for immigrants" You certainly can't blame the Tory's for that.

Why employ one person from the UK when you can employ 3 or 4 immigrants for the same money?"

Has anyone ever considered what cheap labour really means? The working immigrants who come to this country must a) live here b) work here c) sustain a quality of life here. And yet people come in huge numbers and are willing to work for the wages that are on offer. Is it maybe that British workers have an unrealistic expectation of what their labour is worth? A higher expectation of a quality of life relative to their skill set? Just a thought.

hastings

A lot better off

*Eighty pence a week*.

*Eighty pence a week*

"

They can make anything look good with figures who can prove them wrong

hastings

Why employ one person from the UK when you can employ 3 or 4 immigrants for the same money?

Has anyone ever considered what cheap labour really means? The working immigrants who come to this country must a) live here b) work here c) sustain a quality of life here. And yet people come in huge numbers and are willing to work for the wages that are on offer. Is it maybe that British workers have an unrealistic expectation of what their labour is worth? A higher expectation of a quality of life relative to their skill set? Just a thought."

And probably people who are not working get to much in benefits so they dont need to work !

"Oh yeah and those other parties are just full of swell ideas and how many manifesto pledges never get seen through even when they do get elected.

LOL Yes. I even read today that Nick Clegg is looking at ways to clamp down on immigration.

You really couldn't make it up.

Meanwhile I'll wait for all the usual Racist, Xenophobic, Sexist, Homophobic, and every other "ist and ic" bullshit that these threads usually turn into."

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

UKIP sure have done a total u-turn from being libertarian conservative to populist propaganda.

They won't win the next election, to go from 0 seats to 326 in a year just won't happen.

But the Daily Mail sure will try to get them in.

Don't put facts in the way of the haters right to rant and put down they are intent on the incidentals and don't have the capacity to see the bigger picture.

And their other policies? Come on, please enlighten me.

"

IF they were to announce that all people not called Nigel will be dumped in the middle of the Atlantic without a life raft, some people would cheer and still vote for them!

Haha love it.

Noticed my racist mate (yes he is a mate but i don't agree with his views on muslims and he knows this) doesn't even support UKIP any more."

Bigger fool him....are we meant to follow suit,good luck with the other wank parties funded by oil power giants and any one else ripping off the country

Liverpool

"And their other policies? Come on, please enlighten me."

If you want to read their policies then here it is (it's quite long)

What a UKIP Government will do

Protecting jobs and increasing prosperity- We would review all legislation and regulations from the EU (3,600 new laws since 2010) and remove those which hamper British prosperity and competitiveness.– We would negotiate a bespoke trade agreement with the EU to enable our businesses to continue trading to mutual advantage. – UKIP would not seek to remain in the European Free Trade Area (EFTA) or European Economic Area (EEA) while those treaties maintain a principle of free movement of labour, which prevents the UK managing its own borders.– We would reoccupy the UK’s vacant seat at the World Trade Organisation, ensuring that we continue to enjoy ‘most favoured nation’ status in trade with the EU, as is required under WTO rules.Repairing the UK Economy – UKIP will increase personal allowance to the level of full-time minimum wage earnings (approx £13,500 by next election).– Inheritance tax will be abolished.– We will introduce a 35p income tax rate between £42,285 and £55,000, whereupon the 40p rate becomes payable.– UKIP will set up a Treasury Commission to design a turnover tax to ensure big businesses pay a minimum floor rate of tax as a proportion of their UK turnover.Reducing debts we leave to our grandchildren– UKIP will leave the EU and save at least £8bn pa in net contributions.  – UKIP will cut the foreign aid budget by £9bn pa, prioritising disaster relief and schemes which provide water and inoculation against preventable diseases.– UKIP will scrap the HS2 project which is uneconomical and unjustified.– UKIP will abolish the Department of Energy and Climate Change and scrap green subsidies. – UKIP will abolish the Department for Culture Media and Sport.– UKIP will reduce Barnett Formula spending and give devolved parliaments and assemblies further tax powers to compensate.Prioritising Education and Skills– UKIP will introduce an option for students to take an Apprenticeship Qualification  instead of four non-core GCSEs which can be  continued at A-Level. Students can take up apprenticeships in jobs with certified professionals qualified to grade the progress of the student. – Subject to academic performance UKIP will remove tuition fees for students taking approved degrees in science, medicine, technology, engineering, maths on the condition that they live, work and pay tax in the UK for five years after the completion of their degrees.  – UKIP will scrap the target of 50% of school leavers going to university.– Students from the EU will pay the same student fee rates as International students.– UKIP supports the principle of Free Schools that are open to the whole community and uphold British values.– Existing schools will be allowed to apply to become grammar schools and select according to ability and aptitude. Selection ages will be flexible and determined by the school in consultation with the local authority.  – Schools will be investigated by OFSTED on the presentation of a petition to the Department for Education signed by 25% of parents or governors.Honouring the Military Covenant– We will resource fully our military assets and personnel.– UKIP will guarantee those who have served in the Armed Forces for a minimum of 12 years a job in the police force, prison service or border force– UKIP will change the points system for social housing to give priority to ex-service men and women and those returning from active service.– A Veterans Department will bring together all veterans services to ensure servicemen and women get the after-service care they deserve. – Veterans are to receive a Veterans’ Service Card to ensure they are fast tracked for mental health care and services, if needed.– All entitlements will be extended to servicemen recruited from overseas.– UKIP supports a National Service Medal for all those who have served in the armed forces.The National Health Service– UKIP will ensure the NHS is free at the point of delivery and time of need for all UK residents.– We will stop further use of PFI in the NHS and encourage local authorities to buy out their PFI contracts early where this is affordable.– We will ensure that GPs’ surgeries are open at least one evening per week, where there is demand for it.– UKIP opposes plans to charge patients for visiting their GP.–We will ensure that visitors to the UK, and migrants until they have paid NI for five years, have NHS-approved private health insurance as a condition of entry to the UK, saving the NHS £2bn pa. UKIP will commit to spending £200m of the £2bn saving to end hospital car parking charges in England.– We will replace Monitor and the Care Quality Commission with elected county health boards to be more responsive scrutineers of local health services. These will be able to inspect health services and take evidence from whistle-blowers.– UKIP opposes the sale of NHS data to third parties.– We will ensure foreign health service professionals coming to work in the NHS are properly qualified and can speak English to a standard acceptable to the profession.– UKIP will amend working time rules to give trainee doctors, surgeons and medics the proper environment to train and practise.– There will be a duty on all health service staff to report low standards of care.  Controlling and managing our borders – UKIP recognises the benefits of limited, controlled immigration.– UKIP will leave the EU, and take back control of our borders. Work permits will be permitted to fill skills gaps in the UK jobs market.– We will extend to EU citizens the existing points-based system for time-limited work permits. Those coming to work in the UK must have a job to go to, must speak English, must have accommodation agreed prior to their arrival, and must have NHS-approved health insurance.– Migrants will only be eligible for benefits (in work or out of work)  when they have been paying tax and NI for five years and will only be eligible for permanent residence after ten years.– UKIP will reinstate the primary purpose rule for bringing foreign spouses and children to the UK.  – UKIP will not offer an amnesty for illegal immigrants or those gaining British passports through fraud.– UKIP will return to the principles of the UN Convention of Refugees which serves to protect the most vulnerable.  Foreign Aid– UKIP will target foreign aid at healthcare initiatives, inoculations against preventable diseases and clean water programmes with a much-reduced aid budget administered by the Foreign Office.– British  organisations will be offered the contracts to deliver the remaining aid following removal of the EU Procurement Directive.Energy– UKIP will repeal the Climate Change Act 2008 which costs the economy £18bn a year.– UKIP supports a diverse energy market including coal, nuclear, shale gas, geo-thermal, tidal, solar, conventional gas and oil.– We will scrap the Large Combustion Plant Directive and encourage the re-development of British power stations, as well as industrial units providing on-site power generation.– UKIP supports the development of shale gas with proper safeguards for the local environment. Community Improvement Levy money from the development of shale gas fields will be earmarked for lower council taxes or community projects within the local authority being developed.– There will be no new subsidies for wind farms and solar arrays.– UKIP will abolish green taxes and charges in order to reduce fuel bills.Agriculture and Fishing– By leaving the EU, the UK will leave the Common Agricultural Policy.  Outside the EU UKIP will institute a British Single Farm Payment for farms.  – UKIP will let the British parliament vote on GM foods.– UKIP will leave the Common Fisheries Policy and reinstate British territorial waters.– Foreign trawlers would have to apply for and purchase fishing permits to fish British waters when fish stocks have returned to sustainable levels.– Food must be labelled to include the country of origin, method of production, method of slaughter, hormones and any genetic additives.– UKIP will abolish the export of live animals for slaughterWelfare and Childcare– UKIP opposes the bedroom tax because it operates unfairly, penalising those who are unable to find alternative accommodation and taking insufficient account of the needs of families and the disabled.– Child benefit is only to be paid to children permanently resident in the UK and future child benefit to be limited to the first two children only.  – UKIP will ensure there is an initial presumption of 50/50 shared parenting in child custody matters and grandparents will be given visitation rights.– UKIP supports a simplified, streamlined welfare system and a benefit cap.Transport– We will scrap HS2.– UKIP opposes tolls on public roads and will let existing contracts for running toll roads expire.– UKIP will maintain pensioner bus passes.– UKIP will require foreign vehicles to purchase a Britdisc, before entry to the UK, in order to contribute to the upkeep of UK roads and any lost fuel duty.– UKIP will ensure that speed cameras are used as a deterrent and not as a revenue raiser for local authorities.Housing and planning– UKIP will protect the Green Belt. – Planning rules in the NPPF will be changed to make it easier to build on brownfield sites instead of greenfield sites.  Central government is to list the nationally available brownfield sites for development and issue low-interest bonds to enable decontamination.– Houses on brownfield sites will be exempt from Stamp Duty on first sale and VAT relaxed for redevelopment of brownfield sites.– Planning Permission for large-scale developments can be overturned by a referendum triggered by the signatures of 5% of the District or Borough electors collected within three months.Democracy and the Constitution– UKIP will overcome the unfairness of MPs from devolved nations voting on English-only issues.– UKIP supports the recall of MPs as was originally promised in the Coalition Agreement, whereby 20% of the electorate in a constituency must sign a recall petition within eight weeks. The approval of MPs will not be required to initiate a recall petition.– UKIP will introduce the Citizens’ Initiative to allow the public to initiate national referendums on issues of major public interest.Law and Order– UKIP will withdraw from the jurisdiction of the European Court of Human Rights.  – UKIP will reverse the government’s opt-in to EU law and justice measures, including the European Arrest Warrant and European Investigation Order. We will replace the EAW with appropriate bi-lateral agreements.– UKIP will not give prisoners the vote.– UKIP believes that full sentences should be served and this should be taken into account when criminals are convicted and sentenced in court. Parole should be available for good behaviour on a case-by-case basis, not systematically.– We will repeal the Human Rights Act and replace it with a new British Bill of Rights. The interests of law-abiding citizens & victims will always take precedence over those of criminals.  Culture– UKIP recognises and values an overarching, unifying British culture, which is open and inclusive to anyone who wishes to identify with Britain and British values, regardless of their ethnic or religious background.– Official documents will be published in English and, where appropriate Welsh and Scots Gaelic.– UKIP will ensure that the law is rigorously enforced in relation  to ‘cultural’ practices which are illegal in Britain, such as forced marriages, FGM and so-called ‘honour killings’– We will review the BBC Licence Fee with a view to its reduction. Prosecution of non-payments of the Licence Fee would be taken out of the criminal sphere and made a civil offence.– UKIP will amend the smoking ban to give pubs and clubs the choice to open smoking rooms properly ventilated and separated from non-smoking areas.   – UKIP opposes ‘plain paper packaging’ for tobacco products and minimum pricing of alcohol.Employment and Small Businesses– Businesses should be able to discriminate in favour of young British workers.– Repeal the Agency Workers Directive.– Conduct a skills review to better inform our education system and qualifications– Encourage councils to provide more free parking for the high street.– Simplify planning regulations and licences for empty commercial property vacant for over a year. – Extend the right of appeal for micro businesses against HMRC action. Do you like this page?

Liverpool

Any other questions?

Has anyone ever considered what cheap labour really means? The working immigrants who come to this country must a) live here b) work here c) sustain a quality of life here. And yet people come in huge numbers and are willing to work for the wages that are on offer. Is it maybe that British workers have an unrealistic expectation of what their labour is worth? A higher expectation of a quality of life relative to their skill set? Just a thought."

Trouble is ....this country has now lost track of legal immigrants opposed to illegal immigrants.They are complete fuckwits that just want to keep labour costs down so are intent on flooding the labour market with cheap eastern european labour that will work 12 illegal cash in hand hours for a pittance whilst claiming every benefit going and producing shit work (building trade)...labour/tory voters only have yourselves to blame

By *S_PennyTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

This is where today a UKIP person was quoted as saying that Aids is a "gay" disease and that it is the currency of gay promiscuous sex. Quite unbelievable really.

Liverpool

"This is where today a UKIP person was quoted as saying that Aids is a "gay" disease and that it is the currency of gay promiscuous sex. Quite unbelievable really. "

Was this person hoping to become a mp or just a door knocker?

manchester & NI

"This is where today a UKIP person was quoted as saying that Aids is a "gay" disease and that it is the currency of gay promiscuous sex. Quite unbelievable really. "

It shouldn't surprise anyone.

By *S_PennyTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Actually think he was a former chairman or something like that but still UKIP supporter.

Liverpool

It's quite funny that when someone asks you for the facts and you give it to them, they suddenly become very quiet.

manchester & NI

"Actually think he was a former chairman or something like that but still UKIP supporter. "

They haven't said if they plan to repeal marriage equality or not. An interviewer should ask them.

Liverpool

"Actually think he was a former chairman or something like that but still UKIP supporter. "

And how many labour, tories, lib dem or any other party have supporters who say questionable things?

That there trade deal is going to do for the NHS whether we're in the EU or no. Marvellous. Don't get ill - have sex instead.

manchester & NI

"It's quite funny that when someone asks you for the facts and you give it to them, they suddenly become very quiet. "

The policies are nothing but populism.

Most of them were never mentioned by UKIP in 20 years until the past few weeks.

A lot of people don't want to get into a race to the bottom.

[Removed by poster at 27/11/14 17:34:02]

manchester & NI

"Actually think he was a former chairman or something like that but still UKIP supporter.

And how many labour, tories, lib dem or any other party have supporters who say questionable things?"

So you're saying UKIP is no different to the rest of them?

Liverpool

"It's quite funny that when someone asks you for the facts and you give it to them, they suddenly become very quiet.

A lot of people don't want to get into a race to the bottom. "

And those that were promised by the tories and lib dems weren't? Every party will tell you what they think you want to hear

"It's quite funny that when someone asks you for the facts and you give it to them, they suddenly become very quiet.

A lot of people don't want to get into a race to the bottom. "

Jesus Christ nothing but POPULISIM.... isn't that the whole point of democracy!

Scouser83,

I really do not know where to start with that. I do not want to reply and quote as the server will get full ... Of crap.

Can we just take one of those proposals from the middle?

A presumption of shared parentage? Is that not a classic appeal to the population? The way our judiciary have interpreted our law aside, is not the best interest of the child rather a better way to go?

manchester & NI

A lot of people don't want to get into a race to the bottom.

And those that were promised by the tories and lib dems weren't? Every party will tell you what they think you want to hear"

Exactly, and that's why when you post details on UKIPs policies I question them.

Liverpool

"Actually think he was a former chairman or something like that but still UKIP supporter.

And how many labour, tories, lib dem or any other party have supporters who say questionable things?

So you're saying UKIP is no different to the rest of them? "

Yes but because ukip are the new kids on the block people are curious about them and are willing to give them a chance as they are fed up of *the big three* parties. It wouldn't surprise me if the green party do well

So you're saying UKIP is no different to the rest of them?

Yes but because ukip are the new kids on the block people are curious about them and are willing to give them a chance as they are fed up of *the big three* parties. It wouldn't surprise me if the green party do well"

Good I'm a long time green voter

manchester & NI

A lot of people don't want to get into a race to the bottom. .

Jesus Christ nothing but POPULISIM.... isn't that the whole point of democracy!"

Not when it's not based on conviction but just vote catching.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Yes that is ammunition for UKIP, but i suspect another large boost for UKIP came from the champagne socialist Labour MP Emily Thornberry tweeting that photo last week in Rochester and self inflicting damage onto the Labour party itself. Why would any working class people want to vote Labour after her sneering tweet which tells a story of the Labour westminster elite looking down their noses at ordinary working class people in Britain today.

Liverpool

"Scouser83,

I really do not know where to start with that. I do not want to reply and quote as the server will get full ... Of crap.

A presumption of shared parentage? Is that not a classic appeal to the population? The way our judiciary have interpreted our law aside, is not the best interest of the child rather a better way to go?"

But hasn't Cameron said on a number of occasions that children grow up better with two parents then one? And I don't mean those who have died or anything I mean those who have kids and don't bother to look after them

And a simple streamlined welfare benefits system? Hey, most of us support that idea ... But it hasn't worked so far, has it?

How much will all this cost? Come on UKIP, cost it all out and tell us how it will work.

Liverpool

Yes that is ammunition for UKIP, but i suspect another large boost for UKIP came from the champagne socialist Labour MP Emily Thornberry tweeting that photo last week in Rochester and self inflicting damage onto the Labour party itself. Why would any working class people want to vote Labour after her sneering tweet which tells a story of the Labour westminster elite looking down their noses at ordinary working class people in Britain today."

Haven't labour always been for the working class people?? Or so they like to say

Liverpool

"And a simple streamlined welfare benefits system? Hey, most of us support that idea ... But it hasn't worked so far, has it?

How much will all this cost? Come on UKIP, cost it all out and tell us how it will work."

Why not ask this government since they are doing such a good job on that matter?

"Scouser83,

A presumption of shared parentage? Is that not a classic appeal to the population? The way our judiciary have interpreted our law aside, is not the best interest of the child rather a better way to go?

But hasn't Cameron said on a number of occasions that children grow up better with two parents then one? And I don't mean those who have died or anything I mean those who have kids and don't bother to look after them"

Eh? Children grow up better with those who don't look after them? I can't see that as a viable option. Even Mr Cameron might be a little upset at that.

manchester & NI

"And a simple streamlined welfare benefits system? Hey, most of us support that idea ... But it hasn't worked so far, has it?

How much will all this cost? Come on UKIP, cost it all out and tell us how it will work."

They don't have the numbers.

Raising the tax threshold has already cost the government billions (£6bn this year). UKIP wanting to raise it to £13,500 will cost more alongside a mid-rate tax cut. It will cancel out their £9bn saved in international aid.

Liverpool

"Scouser83,

But hasn't Cameron said on a number of occasions that children grow up better with two parents then one? And I don't mean those who have died or anything I mean those who have kids and don't bother to look after them

Eh? Children grow up better with those who don't look after them? I can't see that as a viable option. Even Mr Cameron might be a little upset at that."

You know exactly that not what I meant.

How much will all this cost? Come on UKIP, cost it all out and tell us how it will work.

Why not ask this government since they are doing such a good job on that matter? "

The universal tax credit has been, in my opinion, a bit of a disaster so far. So it is great for UKIP to state in general terms that they will, erm, do the same. But what will they do better?

Hey, I am starting a party. I will be great. Honest. Everyone will be better off. And we won't have any of them damned foreigners. And all will be peace and harmony. And Britannia will rule the waves. At least it will, once we get a few more aircraft carriers with aircraft on them.

Fancy invading a foreign country?

Cannock

Long may they continue. "

Exactly the reason why i vote UKIP in european elections and will continue to do so in future. I really could'nt give two hoots if the UKIP MEP's turn up in Brussels or not, that is the whole point in voting UKIP, its about sending a clear message to the EU that we don't like the EU as an organisation, we don't like the way the EU works and we want to leave.

Cannock

Yes that is ammunition for UKIP, but i suspect another large boost for UKIP came from the champagne socialist Labour MP Emily Thornberry tweeting that photo last week in Rochester and self inflicting damage onto the Labour party itself. Why would any working class people want to vote Labour after her sneering tweet which tells a story of the Labour westminster elite looking down their noses at ordinary working class people in Britain today.

Haven't labour always been for the working class people?? Or so they like to say"

Yes they say it, but as with Emily Thornberrys tweet......actions speak louder than words.

Cannock

"As I said earlier on in this post, Ukip said if they get any MEP's they've wouldn't vote on anything the Eu said and still right now there are 24 ukip Mep's. So what does that tell you about how the public feel about Europe. If there was a in-out referendum tomorrow the eu would be saying bye to the uk and all of the money we give them."

Agree and as Nigel Farage said in the televised debates with Nick Clegg, UKIP refuse to vote on anything that will give more power over to the EU. He is sticking to his word as far as i can see.

manchester & NI

Haven't labour always been for the working class people?? Or so they like to say

Yes they say it, but as with Emily Thornberrys tweet......actions speak louder than words. "

What did her tweet say?

What only a quarter million?! Who gives a shit most will pay taxes and well we need any skills which can be given

Good for those who wish to make a better life for themselves and hopefully they can find it here

Cannock

Yes they say it, but as with Emily Thornberrys tweet......actions speak louder than words.

What did her tweet say? "

Are you a hermit and have you been living in a cave for the last week with no internet, television or newspapers????

This has been widely reported in all forms of news and the media. She tweeted a picture of a terraced house, with a white van on the drive and 3 England flags hanging from the windows with the words "#this is Rochester", as she was campaigning there for Labour in the Rochester and strood by-election (which UKIP won . )

The pic she tweeted was what you could call a typical working class household in the uk, and in the way she tweeted it, it appears she was sneering.

Ed Miliband was said to have never been angrier, pmsl, says she resigned over it but i think she was sacked (forced to resign by Miliband).

Protect bankers bonuses! Vote UKIP

Leicestershire

Work here 6 months. Claim benefit and work at the same time. Live in temporary accommodation either a caravan supplied by farmer or bedsit supplied by government with groups of other immigrants all doing the same thing. Send 3/4's of you income home to your family. Get all your medical needs taken care of on the nhs. After 6 months return home, live on the wage you made in the UK because at home the cost of living is dirt cheap in comparison and repeat.

Personally seen that happening.

I also know an English brick layer actually be told 'I can't afford to employ you because these 3 guys have offered to do the same job as you for a third of the money'. How can anyone compete with that? Offer to work for a third of their wage? How could anyoneive in this country on the........... Honestly.

I'm not sure exactly which proffesional you refer to but surely if we lived by that rule then most of this country would be living in poverty.

I earn pretty good money and even we have struggled over the last couple of years.

Cannock

"Protect bankers bonuses! Vote UKIP "

That seems to be Labour and Tory party policy aswel.

.Or Tory who spent last week at the European court trying to overturn it... Or labour who gave them the deregulated bonus initiative in the first place,!

manchester & NI

""#this is Rochester""

And was it Rochester?

Cannock

""#this is Rochester"

And was it Rochester?

"

As you seem to think it was all innocent and light why did she resign over it then and why was Ed Miliband said to have never been angrier?

I've seen countless Labour MP's on political talk shows since it happened condemning what she did and apologising. Why would they do that if it was an innocent tweet as you seem to suggest?

manchester & NI

""#this is Rochester"

And was it Rochester?

As you seem to think it was all innocent and light why did she resign over it then and why was Ed Miliband said to have never been angrier?

I've seen countless Labour MP's on political talk shows since it happened condemning what she did and apologising. Why would they do that if it was an innocent tweet as you seem to suggest?"

I don't know I'm not them. Seems like they totally overreacted if that's the case.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"It's quite funny that when someone asks you for the facts and you give it to them, they suddenly become very quiet. "

Come on. Be sensible. Since when have the lefties let facts get in the way of a good anti Ukip (or Tory for that matter) rant?

Cannock

""#this is Rochester"

And was it Rochester?

I've seen countless Labour MP's on political talk shows since it happened condemning what she did and apologising. Why would they do that if it was an innocent tweet as you seem to suggest?

I don't know I'm not them. Seems like they totally overreacted if that's the case.

"

Or maybe they were shit scared the working class public would seem them for what they really are.

manchester & NI

""#this is Rochester"

And was it Rochester?

Or maybe they were shit scared the working class public would seem them for what they really are."

True, that's one possibility.

Or maybe they were shit scared of how people would manipulate and twist it to use against them.

"Protect bankers bonuses! Vote UKIP .Or Tory who spent last week at the European court trying to overturn it... Or labour who gave them the deregulated bonus initiative in the first place,!"

And therein lies one of the benefits of the EU. Telling our politicians they can't cut money to the poor while allowing ridiculous banker bonuses. Or wriggle out of Human rights laws as the Tory party sought to do recently!!

"Scouser83,

But hasn't Cameron said on a number of occasions that children grow up better with two parents then one? And I don't mean those who have died or anything I mean those who have kids and don't bother to look after them"

This is not the best quote, my children are no worse of without either of there dads,, Isy be single but I look aftery children, if this isn't your meaning as I may have missed the actual post I apologided, but 2 parents can't ne equally as bad as one

Costa Blanca Spain...

Nice soundbite. BUT.

Love 'em or hate 'em, without the tax revenue from the financial sector Britain would make Greece look like the land of milk and honey.

Why do you think the EU wants to destroy London's place in the financial world? Simple to ship all the business to Frankfurt.

They may take the piss sometimes but anyone in a public sector job or claiming benefit should be very thankful. Without them you would be totally fucked.

Cannock

""#this is Rochester"

And was it Rochester?

Or maybe they were shit scared the working class public would seem them for what they really are.

Or maybe they were shit scared of how people would manipulate and twist it to use against them."

Maybe a more important question is why did she feel the need to tweet it in the first place?

Maybe she'd had a hard day knocking doors and being told to Fuck off, lol.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"UKIP sure have done a total u-turn from being libertarian conservative to populist propaganda.

They won't win the next election, to go from 0 seats to 326 in a year just won't happen.

But the Daily Mail sure will try to get them in. "

You must be bloody joking. The (Tory supporting) DM are the Ukip knockers in chief.

When it comes to having a pop at Ukip they make the Guardianista's look like a bunch of pussycats.

Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 27/11/14 18:29:05]

Liverpool

""#this is Rochester"

And was it Rochester?

Or maybe they were shit scared of how people would manipulate and twist it to use against them.

Maybe a more important question is why did she feel the need to tweet it in the first place?

Maybe she'd had a hard day knocking doors and being told to Fuck off, lol. "

Would surprise me if a lot of that goes on next year

Cannock

"Protect bankers bonuses! Vote UKIP

Nice soundbite. BUT.

Love 'em or hate 'em, without the tax revenue from the financial sector Britain would make Greece look like the land of milk and honey.

Why do you think the EU wants to destroy London's place in the financial world? Simple to ship all the business to Frankfurt.

They may take the piss sometimes but anyone in a public sector job or claiming benefit should be very thankful. Without them you would be totally fucked."

Yes and i guess thats why the EU keeps pushing for a financial transaction tax on the city of London.....as if they don't get enough money out of us already?

manchester & NI

"

"

Maybe she was feeling patriotic.

What did her tweet say?

Are you a hermit and have you been living in a cave for the last week with no internet, television or newspapers????

This has been widely reported in all forms of news and the media. She tweeted a picture of a terraced house, with a white van on the drive and 3 England flags hanging from the windows with the words "#this is Rochester", as she was campaigning there for Labour in the Rochester and strood by-election (which UKIP won . )

The pic she tweeted was what you could call a typical working class household in the uk, and in the way she tweeted it, it appears she was sneering.

Ed Miliband was said to have never been angrier, pmsl, says she resigned over it but i think she was sacked (forced to resign by Miliband).

"

For the first time ever on a UKIP tyhread we agree on something!

That tweet was utterly bizarre and a ridiculous thing for her to have posted.

Greanted I think Miliband's 'never been angrier' commenst are somewhat melodramatic but it did him nor Labour no favours.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"What only a quarter million?! Who gives a shit most will pay taxes and well we need any skills which can be given

Good for those who wish to make a better life for themselves and hopefully they can find it here"

Most don't pay taxes, they claim "in work" benefits. As for skills I could have a go at that from two different directions. Firstly most are unskilled, and secondly it says a lot about Blair's education, education, education, soundbite (because that is all it ever was, a soundbite) that kids from British schools haven't even got the most basic skills wanted by employers.

Costa Blanca Spain...

Nice soundbite. BUT.

They may take the piss sometimes but anyone in a public sector job or claiming benefit should be very thankful. Without them you would be totally fucked.

Yes and i guess thats why the EU keeps pushing for a financial transaction tax on the city of London.....as if they don't get enough money out of us already?"

Of course it is. Scupper London and Frankfurt can make a killing.

"I think we should form a fabs party

Would you like to see my manifesto"

yes

"What only a quarter million?! Who gives a shit most will pay taxes and well we need any skills which can be given

Good for those who wish to make a better life for themselves and hopefully they can find it here

Most don't pay taxes, they claim "in work" benefits. As for skills I could have a go at that from two different directions. Firstly most are unskilled, and secondly it says a lot about Blair's education, education, education, soundbite (because that is all it ever was, a soundbite) that kids from British schools haven't even got the most basic skills wanted by employers. "

. Hurray for common sense.

We've been getting shafted for years off politicians of all persuasions, how an earth people think making more politicians(EU) with more powers and more expenses but with even less transparency will cure it, is beyond me

Cannock

"

Maybe she was feeling patriotic. "

If she felt patriotic she could always have hung an England flag from her £3 million pad in Islington instead?

Make of it what you will, my mind is made up as to her intentions of the tweet and what she meant by it.

I do understand it but I feel it's a sad state of affairs when a flag (such as the English flag) is seen as racist in it's own country

I have a St. Andrews flag and I could wear it anyway and no one would think potential negative viewpoints of me

"I do understand it but I feel it's a sad state of affairs when a flag (such as the English flag) is seen as racist in it's own country

I have a St. Andrews flag and I could wear it anyway and no one would think potential negative viewpoints of me "

exactly ! Snag is ? It is seen as a Racist Flag an I just don't see why ?

It's like this argument of we need migrants for keeping the hospitals going or catering or hotels.

Now correct me, but isn't the job of knowing in ten years, what skills the country will need, the job of the government isn't that the point of the millions they spend on think tanks and polls and census's to know how many kids to train in what skill for which sector.

Its total government ineptitude that got us into the problem of needing migrants to run hospitals or catering.

This governmental love of university educations for all while totally forgetting about skill shortages.

We've got a million teenagers who are experts in American history or media studies and no fucking nurses or engineers... Who the fuck thought that was a great policy except the idiots we've had for the last 50 years

Costa Blanca Spain...

"It's like this argument of we need migrants for keeping the hospitals going or catering or hotels.

Now correct me, but isn't the job of knowing in ten years, what skills the country will need, the job of the government isn't that the point of the millions they spend on think tanks and polls and census's to know how many kids to train in what skill for which sector.

Its total government ineptitude that got us into the problem of needing migrants to run hospitals or catering.

This governmental love of university educations for all while totally forgetting about skill shortages.

We've got a million teenagers who are experts in American history or media studies and no fucking nurses or engineers... Who the fuck thought that was a great policy except the idiots we've had for the last 50 years"

Good post, but come on. The average fuckwit Lib/Lab/Con politician can't even plan enough power stations to keep the lights on.

Simple solution. If you think they do such a bad job stand for election. Now don't get me wrong they do a bad job. I haven't got the balls to do there job but I vote.

Instead of bitching encourage people to vote.

Yeah because there fuckwits too busy lining their pockets to do anything about anything , the only thing they all agree on is northern Ireland can't be Irish Scotland can't break away from the UK and the UK can't break away from Europe and that trust us were the best thing since slice bread even though every year everything gets worse.

I'm ready to give anybody a go... Even Santa

"Simple solution. If you think they do such a bad job stand for election. Now don't get me wrong they do a bad job. I haven't got the balls to do there job but I vote.

Instead of bitching encourage people to vote. "

Hey in case it's passed you by... I'm encouraging people to vote ukip

Liverpool

"Simple solution. If you think they do such a bad job stand for election. Now don't get me wrong they do a bad job. I haven't got the balls to do there job but I vote.

No offence but do you think if you stood up for election the papers wouldn't know you swing, or on a swingers site?

Costa Blanca Spain...

Instead of bitching encourage people to vote.

No offence but do you think if you stood up for election the papers wouldn't know you swing, or on a swingers site? "

Now that would be REALLY scary

By *inCity BluesMan  over a year ago

London

And the greediest banker, even if he cheats on his taxes, still makes a more positive contribution to the public purse than every public sector worker in the land combined. Teachers, nurses, police and firemen, even Diversity Awareness Community Outreach Co-ordinators, all funded by the taxes of financial sector companies and employees.

We'd be a much poorer country without them.

Snag is ? votes in some area just don't count !

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Protect bankers bonuses! Vote UKIP .Or Tory who spent last week at the European court trying to overturn it... Or labour who gave them the deregulated bonus initiative in the first place,!

And therein lies one of the benefits of the EU. Telling our politicians they can't cut money to the poor while allowing ridiculous banker bonuses. Or wriggle out of Human rights laws as the Tory party sought to do recently!! "

Er.... Which human rights laws?

Oh yes, the ones that don't allow Britain to deport so called preachers who tell their flock to destroy the infidel Ie: us. Or the ones that allow a Brazilian to live in the UK on benefit because he is entitled to a family life with his cat

Or maybe you mean the one that says we can't deport a convicted violent criminal because he is entitled to a family life with a girl friend who had already given him the "red card"

I could go on but suffice to say the current so called "Yuman rights" laws are just a load of left wing bollox.

Cannock

Not often i agree with religion but even the Pope said in his speech at the EU this week that the organisation is a shambles, and that the EU looks like the old man of the world, lol.

"Protect bankers bonuses! Vote UKIP .Or Tory who spent last week at the European court trying to overturn it... Or labour who gave them the deregulated bonus initiative in the first place,!

And therein lies one of the benefits of the EU. Telling our politicians they can't cut money to the poor while allowing ridiculous banker bonuses. Or wriggle out of Human rights laws as the Tory party sought to do recently!!

Oh yes, the ones that don't allow Britain to deport so called preachers who tell their flock to destroy the infidel Ie: us. Or the ones that allow a Brazilian to live in the UK on benefit because he is entitled to a family life with his cat

Or maybe you mean the one that says we can't deport a convicted violent criminal because he is entitled to a family life with a girl friend who had already given him the "red card"

I could go on but suffice to say the current so called "Yuman rights" laws are just a load of left wing bollox."

I was referring to the ECHR articles which enshrine the rights of the elderly, LGBT, disabled, anyone ever accused of a crime (including those falsely accused) and victims of domestic violence to name but a few.

But good to know you find the protection of my rights and those of my family 'a load of bollocks'[sic].

And the greediest banker, even if he cheats on his taxes, still makes a more positive contribution to the public purse than every public sector worker in the land combined. Teachers, nurses, police and firemen, even Diversity Awareness Community Outreach Co-ordinators, all funded by the taxes of financial sector companies and employees.

We'd be a much poorer country without them.

"

Positive like the credit crunch? Or like a government bailout?

I won't vote for UKIP because I don't want that imbecile Milliband in No 10 or that twat Ballsup in No 11. But I do admire the way Farage has stuck to his guns and nailed the 'racism' lies about disliking excessive immigration.

I WANT an EU referendum and will vote to get the fook out and only ONE party will realistically give me that option. Conservative. Now I am sure the Lefties will pile in but before they get all precious about 'Tory Toffs' and 'Millionaires etc' I hope this last week has shown the utter hypocrisy of Labour:

* They sneer at English working people yet assume they will vote for them

* The woman taking the piss out of 'white van man' is more of a 'Toff' than anyone on the Tory benches. Barrister, 'Lady Nugee', private school, multi millionaire .....

* They make politics out of the Coalition failing to bring immigration down to tens of thousands and forget they dragged in HUNDREDS of thousands EVERY year!

Anyway suffice to say I can understand the attraction of UKIP but come May next year I hope people will really think twice about WHO will actually deliver a referendum. Labour and Liberals don't trust us and love the EU so won't and UKIP will never form a Government so can't.

"I won't vote for UKIP because I don't want that imbecile Milliband in No 10 or that twat Ballsup in No 11. But I do admire the way Farage has stuck to his guns and nailed the 'racism' lies about disliking excessive immigration.

I WANT an EU referendum and will vote to get the fook out and only ONE party will realistically give me that option. Conservative. Now I am sure the Lefties will pile in but before they get all precious about 'Tory Toffs' and 'Millionaires etc' I hope this last week has shown the utter hypocrisy of Labour:

* The woman taking the piss out of 'white van man' is more of a 'Toff' than anyone on the Tory benches. Barrister, 'Lady Nugee', private school, multi millionaire .....

* They make politics out of the Coalition failing to bring immigration down to tens of thousands and forget they dragged in HUNDREDS of thousands EVERY year!

Anyway suffice to say I can understand the attraction of UKIP but come May next year I hope people will really think twice about WHO will actually deliver a referendum. Labour and Liberals don't trust us and love the EU so won't and UKIP will never form a Government so can't. "

Read the small print.

Only giving you a referendum if David Cameron is still the leader? And if he fails to get any power back from the Lisbon treaty...

It's a very vague promise.

Ukip aren't promising a referendum their just quitting the EU. Full stop

"I was referring to the ECHR articles which enshrine the rights of the elderly, LGBT, disabled, anyone ever accused of a crime (including those falsely accused) and victims of domestic violence to name but a few.

But good to know you find the protection of my rights and those of my family 'a load of bollocks'[sic]."

We in Britain need NO lectures from Europeans on Human Rights. We invented the concept in 1215 and we actually wrote the texts of the ECHR after WWII. The issue is what the hell has a Court in Strasbourg got to do with how WE govern ourselves. The ECHR was not written for a self appointed set of politicians masquerading as Judges to lecture US on anything. You confuse the actions of a political court with the aims and excellent conventions of Human Rights. Getting out of or staying in the EU has nothing to do with the Court in Strasbourg. But we CAN extract ourselves from its clutches and enshrine the tenets of Human Rights back into British Law where it came form.

Its like everything 'European'. We vote for one thing and it turns into something else without our permission. We need make NO apologies for our record on Human Rights and we certainly don't need a bunch of Europeans to override our own fully independent Courts.

Costa Blanca Spain...

I could go on but suffice to say the current so called "Yuman rights" laws are just a load of left wing bollox.

I was referring to the ECHR articles which enshrine the rights of the elderly, LGBT, disabled, anyone ever accused of a crime (including those falsely accused) and victims of domestic violence to name but a few.

But good to know you find the protection of my rights and those of my family 'a load of bollocks'[sic]."

And a British bill of rights supported and enforced by the oldest and most respected legal system in the world wouldn't enshrine the same values without the faceless judges of the ECHR?

Cannock

"I won't vote for UKIP because I don't want that imbecile Milliband in No 10 or that twat Ballsup in No 11. But I do admire the way Farage has stuck to his guns and nailed the 'racism' lies about disliking excessive immigration.

Anyway suffice to say I can understand the attraction of UKIP but come May next year I hope people will really think twice about WHO will actually deliver a referendum. Labour and Liberals don't trust us and love the EU so won't and UKIP will never form a Government so can't. "

Time for the tories to make a deal with UKIP then?

I agree with a lot of what you said but fact is much of the tory party is pro EU and want us to stay in it. Feels like Cameron is playing a game of kick the can down the road with the date of the referendum in 2017, will he find an excuse to put the date back again? I don't trust him.

Besides the tories balance of power is in the south of England. In the midlands and the north of england the main opposition to Labour is now UKIP.

As Farage said north of birmingham if you vote tory, you get Labour and this was proved in the by-election at Heywood and Middleton where Labour beat UKIP by a very narrow margin, some 700 votes in it. 3000 people voted tory there, if they switched to UKIP then it would have been a UKIP victory. So vote tory if you are in the south and vote UKIP if you are in the midlands or the north, then lets have this EU referendum.

"Read the small print.

Only giving you a referendum if David Cameron is still the leader? And if he fails to get any power back from the Lisbon treaty...

Ukip aren't promising a referendum their just quitting the EU. Full stop"

I have read the 'small print'. It is formal Conservative policy and we would have had one already if there had been no Coalition. What we have now in Law is that we get one if there is a Treaty change so we are already halfway there. (Opposed by Labour of course). And by definition if the Tories win Cameron will still be leader and Prime Minister so why make that point?

He will attempt a renegotiation and then hold a referendum. Nothing vague about that at all. We vote yes or no to whatever he brings back.

It doesn't matter what UKIP promise they will never be the Government next May because rightly or wrongly they just don't have the organisation yet.

Costa Blanca Spain...

Anyway suffice to say I can understand the attraction of UKIP but come May next year I hope people will really think twice about WHO will actually deliver a referendum. Labour and Liberals don't trust us and love the EU so won't and UKIP will never form a Government so can't.

Time for the tories to make a deal with UKIP then?

I agree with a lot of what you said but fact is much of the tory party is pro EU and want us to stay in it. Feels like Cameron is playing a game of kick the can down the road with the date of the referendum in 2017, will he find an excuse to put the date back again? I don't trust him.

Besides the tories balance of power is in the south of England. In the midlands and the north of england the main opposition to Labour is now UKIP.

As Farage said north of birmingham if you vote tory, you get Labour and this was proved in the by-election at Heywood and Middleton where Labour beat UKIP by a very narrow margin, some 700 votes in it. 3000 people voted tory there, if they switched to UKIP then it would have been a UKIP victory. So vote tory if you are in the south and vote UKIP if you are in the midlands or the north, then lets have this EU referendum. "

Your Middleton Heywood analogy is spot on.

By *quirrelMan  over a year ago

Tameside

6 O,clock news gave out the same number of immigrants, but if you take out the EU immigrants as though you had closed the borders you would only lose 100,000 from the total, so Ukip and their promised withdrawal from Europe wouldn't make much of a difference.

"Time for the tories to make a deal with UKIP then?

As Farage said north of birmingham if you vote tory, you get Labour and this was proved in the by-election at Heywood and Middleton where Labour beat UKIP by a very narrow margin, some 700 votes in it. 3000 people voted tory there, if they switched to UKIP then it would have been a UKIP victory. So vote tory if you are in the south and vote UKIP if you are in the midlands or the north, then lets have this EU referendum. "

I generally agree with you. And yes Cameron should swallow his pride and do a deal with UKIP. Farage is no fool and despite the rhetoric he wants seats and a bit of power. Yes that was a wakeup call for Labour but they still won. And it sort of proves what you said about a Tory / UKIP deal. The Right of centre vote far outweighed the Left but it was split across two parties. It sort of shows what people are saying. Vote UKIP and get Labour as happened at Heywood. Don't forget there are many Tory MPs from the North: Osbourne, Hague, Pickles

Overall Labour are in deep bother. The SNP will wipe them out in Scotland, UKIP are a real threat in the North and the Tories are good for the South. The Midlands are actually more Tory than Labour. Wales will be crucial and its not a Labour 'given'. Much as I don't trust Wikipedia in total there is a very interesting set of maps here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_breakdown_of_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_2010

[Removed by poster at 27/11/14 20:26:45]

"I was referring to the ECHR articles which enshrine the rights of the elderly, LGBT, disabled, anyone ever accused of a crime (including those falsely accused) and victims of domestic violence to name but a few.

But good to know you find the protection of my rights and those of my family 'a load of bollocks'[sic].

We in Britain need NO lectures from Europeans on Human Rights. We invented the concept in 1215 and we actually wrote the texts of the ECHR after WWII. The issue is what the hell has a Court in Strasbourg got to do with how WE govern ourselves. The ECHR was not written for a self appointed set of politicians masquerading as Judges to lecture US on anything. You confuse the actions of a political court with the aims and excellent conventions of Human Rights. Getting out of or staying in the EU has nothing to do with the Court in Strasbourg. But we CAN extract ourselves from its clutches and enshrine the tenets of Human Rights back into British Law where it came form.

Its like everything 'European'. We vote for one thing and it turns into something else without our permission. We need make NO apologies for our record on Human Rights and we certainly don't need a bunch of Europeans to override our own fully independent Courts."

To be fair we invented lots of things that we now suck at. That sounds spectacularly arrogant. The ECHR has had to step in on disgusting rulings from British courts. The bedroom tax, our record on child poverty and our appalling treatment of the elderly are just three examples of how the British establishment views it's most vulnerable. Without protection from Europe I dread to think how such people will fare.

"Read the small print.

Ukip aren't promising a referendum their just quitting the EU. Full stop

I have read the 'small print'. It is formal Conservative policy and we would have had one already if there had been no Coalition. What we have now in Law is that we get one if there is a Treaty change so we are already halfway there. (Opposed by Labour of course). And by definition if the Tories win Cameron will still be leader and Prime Minister so why make that point?

He will attempt a renegotiation and then hold a referendum. Nothing vague about that at all. We vote yes or no to whatever he brings back.

It doesn't matter what UKIP promise they will never be the Government next May because rightly or wrongly they just don't have the organisation yet."

I stated it because he was quite specific when he said "if I'm still leader" I promise a referendum if I can't renegotiate power back from EU.. No confirmation of small print just a renegotiate.

Anyway, on other UKIP news, they got upset about a mosque today. Which actually turned out to be Westminster Cathedral. Apparently not just labour that can make dicks of themselves on twitter

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-mocked-after-mistaking-westminster-cathedral-for-mosque-9887540.html

manchester & NI

"Anyway, on other UKIP news, they got upset about a mosque today. Which actually turned out to be Westminster Cathedral. Apparently not just labour that can make dicks of themselves on twitter

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-mocked-after-mistaking-westminster-cathedral-for-mosque-9887540.html"

I love immigration, its brilliant, it means that wages are low, housing gets taken by beautifully exotic people who will work for peanuts and who dont understand quality control. I also like the elderly who come for free pensions and healthcare. I adore people who come who hate Britain, they are so funny.

Honestly, what do people expect? White people dont breed enough, so someone has to come to undercut the wages that posh people are prepared to pay. The posh can then retreat to their gated communities and let the plebs fight for the crumbs of the cake.

Nothing we do or say will ever change the above.

p.s. all white people are lazy is the usual knee jerk rhetorical reply to this

But this statistic fails to say that migrants put more into the treasury than they take out. #adolf farage

Cannock

But this statistic fails to say that migrants put more into the treasury than they take out. #adolf farage"

The independent body Migrationwatch Uk disputes that. More a question of whose figures do you want to believe?

But this statistic fails to say that migrants put more into the treasury than they take out. #adolf farage

The independent body Migrationwatch Uk disputes that. More a question of whose figures do you want to believe?"

Migrationwatch are possibly at best described as controversial

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Not sure that it is a net benefit... how much would it cost the country to build 2 cities the size of Oxford EVERY YEAR? Housing, hospitals, roads, schools, etc, etc....

If we built the infrastructure to support the extra people, the cost would far outweigh the benefits...

Plus, what happens when the immigrant population starts to reach retirement age, they get UK state pensions, and then cease to be a net benefit to the country?

A lot better

*Eighty pence a week*.

*Eighty pence a week*

Good post.

It is worth adding though that the 80 pence per week figure is based on all immigration.

Take the high earners from the financial sector and some very well paid engineers and scientists out of the equation and the cost of mass immigration of minimum wage earners is exactly that. A cost, and quite a large one."

How about abolishing the international debts that's commonwealth countries had and have to pay the UK for the their independace from illegal occupation.. If these countries didn't have to pay national debts they could reinvest in their own economies and migrant/imigrants would want to stay at home Hold on the debt contributes to this countries GNDP as income therefore if the UK didn't have that income the GNDP in the UK would be in a par with developing countries. The UK is a tertiary sector no more mining or production. It's a numbers game to be the G8, 9, 20 and so forth. DFIDs yearly budget could pay the national debt of Ghana & Hiaiti combined in one year. Business corporations run the worlds economy and not political parties in individual countries.

"

How about abolishing the international debts that's commonwealth countries had and have to pay the UK for the their independace from illegal occupation.. If these countries didn't have to pay national debts they could reinvest in their own economies and migrant/imigrants would want to stay at home Hold on the debt contributes to this countries GNDP as income therefore if the UK didn't have that income the GNDP in the UK would be in a par with developing countries. The UK is a tertiary sector no more mining or production. It's a numbers game to be the G8, 9, 20 and so forth. DFIDs yearly budget could pay the national debt of Ghana & Hiaiti combined in one year. Business corporations run the worlds economy and not political parties in individual countries."

Are you saying that we are beneficiaries of past plunderings and if we wish to embrace decency and compassion we should set an example and loosen the shackles on some of the countries we've previously colonised back in the age of empires when everyone else was at it?

I'm not sure if that's going to be a popular strategy...

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"And their other policies? Come on, please enlighten me.

If you want to read their policies then here it is (it's quite long)

What a UKIP Government will do

Protecting jobs and increasing prosperity- We would review all legislation and regulations from the EU (3,600 new laws since 2010) and remove those which hamper British prosperity and competitiveness.– We would negotiate a bespoke trade agreement with the EU to enable our businesses to continue trading to mutual advantage. – UKIP would not seek to remain in the European Free Trade Area (EFTA) or European Economic Area (EEA) while those treaties maintain a principle of free movement of labour, which prevents the UK managing its own borders.– We would reoccupy the UK’s vacant seat at the World Trade Organisation, ensuring that we continue to enjoy ‘most favoured nation’ status in trade with the EU, as is required under WTO rules.Repairing the UK Economy – UKIP will increase personal allowance to the level of full-time minimum wage earnings (approx £13,500 by next election).– Inheritance tax will be abolished.– We will introduce a 35p income tax rate between £42,285 and £55,000, whereupon the 40p rate becomes payable.– UKIP will set up a Treasury Commission to design a turnover tax to ensure big businesses pay a minimum floor rate of tax as a proportion of their UK turnover.Reducing debts we leave to our grandchildren– UKIP will leave the EU and save at least £8bn pa in net contributions.  – UKIP will cut the foreign aid budget by £9bn pa, prioritising disaster relief and schemes which provide water and inoculation against preventable diseases.– UKIP will scrap the HS2 project which is uneconomical and unjustified.– UKIP will abolish the Department of Energy and Climate Change and scrap green subsidies. – UKIP will abolish the Department for Culture Media and Sport.– UKIP will reduce Barnett Formula spending and give devolved parliaments and assemblies further tax powers to compensate.Prioritising Education and Skills– UKIP will introduce an option for students to take an Apprenticeship Qualification  instead of four non-core GCSEs which can be  continued at A-Level. Students can take up apprenticeships in jobs with certified professionals qualified to grade the progress of the student. – Subject to academic performance UKIP will remove tuition fees for students taking approved degrees in science, medicine, technology, engineering, maths on the condition that they live, work and pay tax in the UK for five years after the completion of their degrees.  – UKIP will scrap the target of 50% of school leavers going to university.– Students from the EU will pay the same student fee rates as International students.– UKIP supports the principle of Free Schools that are open to the whole community and uphold British values.– Existing schools will be allowed to apply to become grammar schools and select according to ability and aptitude. Selection ages will be flexible and determined by the school in consultation with the local authority.  – Schools will be investigated by OFSTED on the presentation of a petition to the Department for Education signed by 25% of parents or governors.Honouring the Military Covenant– We will resource fully our military assets and personnel.– UKIP will guarantee those who have served in the Armed Forces for a minimum of 12 years a job in the police force, prison service or border force– UKIP will change the points system for social housing to give priority to ex-service men and women and those returning from active service.– A Veterans Department will bring together all veterans services to ensure servicemen and women get the after-service care they deserve. – Veterans are to receive a Veterans’ Service Card to ensure they are fast tracked for mental health care and services, if needed.– All entitlements will be extended to servicemen recruited from overseas.– UKIP supports a National Service Medal for all those who have served in the armed forces.The National Health Service– UKIP will ensure the NHS is free at the point of delivery and time of need for all UK residents.– We will stop further use of PFI in the NHS and encourage local authorities to buy out their PFI contracts early where this is affordable.– We will ensure that GPs’ surgeries are open at least one evening per week, where there is demand for it.– UKIP opposes plans to charge patients for visiting their GP.–We will ensure that visitors to the UK, and migrants until they have paid NI for five years, have NHS-approved private health insurance as a condition of entry to the UK, saving the NHS £2bn pa. UKIP will commit to spending £200m of the £2bn saving to end hospital car parking charges in England.– We will replace Monitor and the Care Quality Commission with elected county health boards to be more responsive scrutineers of local health services. These will be able to inspect health services and take evidence from whistle-blowers.– UKIP opposes the sale of NHS data to third parties.– We will ensure foreign health service professionals coming to work in the NHS are properly qualified and can speak English to a standard acceptable to the profession.– UKIP will amend working time rules to give trainee doctors, surgeons and medics the proper environment to train and practise.– There will be a duty on all health service staff to report low standards of care.  Controlling and managing our borders – UKIP recognises the benefits of limited, controlled immigration.– UKIP will leave the EU, and take back control of our borders. Work permits will be permitted to fill skills gaps in the UK jobs market.– We will extend to EU citizens the existing points-based system for time-limited work permits. Those coming to work in the UK must have a job to go to, must speak English, must have accommodation agreed prior to their arrival, and must have NHS-approved health insurance.– Migrants will only be eligible for benefits (in work or out of work)  when they have been paying tax and NI for five years and will only be eligible for permanent residence after ten years.– UKIP will reinstate the primary purpose rule for bringing foreign spouses and children to the UK.  – UKIP will not offer an amnesty for illegal immigrants or those gaining British passports through fraud.– UKIP will return to the principles of the UN Convention of Refugees which serves to protect the most vulnerable.  Foreign Aid– UKIP will target foreign aid at healthcare initiatives, inoculations against preventable diseases and clean water programmes with a much-reduced aid budget administered by the Foreign Office.– British  organisations will be offered the contracts to deliver the remaining aid following removal of the EU Procurement Directive.Energy– UKIP will repeal the Climate Change Act 2008 which costs the economy £18bn a year.– UKIP supports a diverse energy market including coal, nuclear, shale gas, geo-thermal, tidal, solar, conventional gas and oil.– We will scrap the Large Combustion Plant Directive and encourage the re-development of British power stations, as well as industrial units providing on-site power generation.– UKIP supports the development of shale gas with proper safeguards for the local environment. Community Improvement Levy money from the development of shale gas fields will be earmarked for lower council taxes or community projects within the local authority being developed.– There will be no new subsidies for wind farms and solar arrays.– UKIP will abolish green taxes and charges in order to reduce fuel bills.Agriculture and Fishing– By leaving the EU, the UK will leave the Common Agricultural Policy.  Outside the EU UKIP will institute a British Single Farm Payment for farms.  – UKIP will let the British parliament vote on GM foods.– UKIP will leave the Common Fisheries Policy and reinstate British territorial waters.– Foreign trawlers would have to apply for and purchase fishing permits to fish British waters when fish stocks have returned to sustainable levels.– Food must be labelled to include the country of origin, method of production, method of slaughter, hormones and any genetic additives.– UKIP will abolish the export of live animals for slaughterWelfare and Childcare– UKIP opposes the bedroom tax because it operates unfairly, penalising those who are unable to find alternative accommodation and taking insufficient account of the needs of families and the disabled.– Child benefit is only to be paid to children permanently resident in the UK and future child benefit to be limited to the first two children only.  – UKIP will ensure there is an initial presumption of 50/50 shared parenting in child custody matters and grandparents will be given visitation rights.– UKIP supports a simplified, streamlined welfare system and a benefit cap.Transport– We will scrap HS2.– UKIP opposes tolls on public roads and will let existing contracts for running toll roads expire.– UKIP will maintain pensioner bus passes.– UKIP will require foreign vehicles to purchase a Britdisc, before entry to the UK, in order to contribute to the upkeep of UK roads and any lost fuel duty.– UKIP will ensure that speed cameras are used as a deterrent and not as a revenue raiser for local authorities.Housing and planning– UKIP will protect the Green Belt. – Planning rules in the NPPF will be changed to make it easier to build on brownfield sites instead of greenfield sites.  Central government is to list the nationally available brownfield sites for development and issue low-interest bonds to enable decontamination.– Houses on brownfield sites will be exempt from Stamp Duty on first sale and VAT relaxed for redevelopment of brownfield sites.– Planning Permission for large-scale developments can be overturned by a referendum triggered by the signatures of 5% of the District or Borough electors collected within three months.Democracy and the Constitution– UKIP will overcome the unfairness of MPs from devolved nations voting on English-only issues.– UKIP supports the recall of MPs as was originally promised in the Coalition Agreement, whereby 20% of the electorate in a constituency must sign a recall petition within eight weeks. The approval of MPs will not be required to initiate a recall petition.– UKIP will introduce the Citizens’ Initiative to allow the public to initiate national referendums on issues of major public interest.Law and Order– UKIP will withdraw from the jurisdiction of the European Court of Human Rights.  – UKIP will reverse the government’s opt-in to EU law and justice measures, including the European Arrest Warrant and European Investigation Order. We will replace the EAW with appropriate bi-lateral agreements.– UKIP will not give prisoners the vote.– UKIP believes that full sentences should be served and this should be taken into account when criminals are convicted and sentenced in court. Parole should be available for good behaviour on a case-by-case basis, not systematically.– We will repeal the Human Rights Act and replace it with a new British Bill of Rights. The interests of law-abiding citizens & victims will always take precedence over those of criminals.  Culture– UKIP recognises and values an overarching, unifying British culture, which is open and inclusive to anyone who wishes to identify with Britain and British values, regardless of their ethnic or religious background.– Official documents will be published in English and, where appropriate Welsh and Scots Gaelic.– UKIP will ensure that the law is rigorously enforced in relation  to ‘cultural’ practices which are illegal in Britain, such as forced marriages, FGM and so-called ‘honour killings’– We will review the BBC Licence Fee with a view to its reduction. Prosecution of non-payments of the Licence Fee would be taken out of the criminal sphere and made a civil offence.– UKIP will amend the smoking ban to give pubs and clubs the choice to open smoking rooms properly ventilated and separated from non-smoking areas.   – UKIP opposes ‘plain paper packaging’ for tobacco products and minimum pricing of alcohol.Employment and Small Businesses– Businesses should be able to discriminate in favour of young British workers.– Repeal the Agency Workers Directive.– Conduct a skills review to better inform our education system and qualifications– Encourage councils to provide more free parking for the high street.– Simplify planning regulations and licences for empty commercial property vacant for over a year. – Extend the right of appeal for micro businesses against HMRC action. Do you like this page?"

And if you read them carefully, you will see that UKIP have quite easily identified about £25-30 billion pound if savings per annum, that can be used to reduce taxes and the budget defecit,. You will also note that their policies are slowly but surely being adopted by labour and tories, in a cynical bud to outflank UKIP, and get their votes back.

Anyone who actually wants to be a MP or mep should probably be automatically banned from the job! Egotistical bunch of cunts the lot of them.

"

How about abolishing the international debts that's commonwealth countries had and have to pay the UK for the their independace from illegal occupation.. If these countries didn't have to pay national debts they could reinvest in their own economies and migrant/imigrants would want to stay at home Hold on the debt contributes to this countries GNDP as income therefore if the UK didn't have that income the GNDP in the UK would be in a par with developing countries. The UK is a tertiary sector no more mining or production. It's a numbers game to be the G8, 9, 20 and so forth. DFIDs yearly budget could pay the national debt of Ghana & Hiaiti combined in one year. Business corporations run the worlds economy and not political parties in individual countries.

Are you saying that we are beneficiaries of past plunderings and if we wish to embrace decency and compassion we should set an example and loosen the shackles on some of the countries we've previously colonised back in the age of empires when everyone else was at it?

I'm not sure if that's going to be a popular strategy... "

We are beneficiaries of past plunderings that is the economics of it all that contribute to today's immigration situation not only in the UK but other countries that stuck their flag around the world. France being one that are happy to move on immigrants to the UK through the English Channel. If one continues to take funds there is always going to be a link to the country.

Mind you immigration is not a bad thing look at all of America, Canada & Australia very successful immigrants all of them mostly that left Europe. Wonder what the natives Indians and aborigines thought about immigration back in the day.

Oppps not forgetting India is that where Karma comes from?

"All the tories want is cheap labour that has no say in zero hour contracts, hrs etc.. Why train british citizens when you can get pretrained foreighners? Uk citizens? Fuck em, let em sit on the meagre dole while the tories and rich pals have the gravy train. The uk Great for greedy rich business that can import cheap labour, poverty, zero hrs and workhouses for the working classes While there may be a little bit of truth in that "the Tory's just want cheap labour" How do you explain the previous Labour governments own admission that "they sent out search party's for immigrants" You certainly can't blame the Tory's for that."
not the tories persay.. The ideology they follow! They DO want cheap labour for their rich mates to max profits. They think an immigrant will have job and pay tax into the system but a lot of money wil go abroad, and 1 immigrant will displace a uk citizen onto the dole and be a burden to the system, so is a false economy. To answer your question; labour has been the tory2 party since blair. If your refering to the philipino nurses, that was shameful as they were desperatly needed in their own country and no one gave a shit about the burden put on the philipine heath system. Btw, cameron demonstrated what a arsehole he is when he got his arse kicked in brussels about wanting to cap migration, hes got no control at all.

Liverpool

"Anyone who actually wants to be a MP or mep should probably be automatically banned from the job! Egotistical bunch of cunts the lot of them. "

Those who do the best at a job are those who don't want the job.

"To be fair we invented lots of things that we now suck at. That sounds spectacularly arrogant. The ECHR has had to step in on disgusting rulings from British courts. The bedroom tax, our record on child poverty and our appalling treatment of the elderly are just three examples of how the British establishment views it's most vulnerable. Without protection from Europe I dread to think how such people will fare.

"

Bedroom Tax doesn't actually exist so the ECHR can't have made a ruling. But never mind. So are you saying my Human Rights were protected by a Labour Government reducing my Housing Benefit (if I claimed it which I didn't / don't) because I lived in a private rented 3 bedroomed house when I only needed a 1 bedroomed flat while already subsidised Council tenants in a similar house got all of their Housing Benefit paid in full? surely the ECHR is all about equality of treatment and fairness?

Our record on child poverty is actually pretty good as it has reduced greatly under labour and this Coalition in real terms. However you do know that 'Poverty' is defined as a percentage of median incomes? What that means is that as average wages rise more so called 'poverty' is created and perversely in an economic collapse 'poverty' is eradicated. When clearly it isn't and in fact multiplies. I personally believe that there is no one in the UK that is in REAL poverty. ...cue Leftie indignation ...

So when did the ECHR have to rule on how we treat the elderly?

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Widnes

A lot better off"

On What do you base that statement

Widnes

"Every single party has a manifesto to gain support to attract votes which will get them into office once in they renade on their promises usually around the NHS and Education saying its to costly pr to difficult for this term of office but we will bring it in if voted in again so in reality they place more importance and focus into being re-elected rather than doing the actual things they were voted in for. They are all corrupt and need hanging we need another Cromwell to shake the system up and bring in something different as this clearly isnt working"

It's working a lot better than either the US or the EU at the moment.

And as for another Cromwell. Well yer he did some good but he left over 200 years of anti catholic bigotry in his wake, which was the primary cause of resentment in Ireland through the 19th century. I really don't think we need a bloody (not swearing here) dictator to solve are problems now

Widnes

"

_otlovefun42 GERMANY & SPAIN:

We can too and fro all day but the bottom line is simple.

If you are happy with net immigration running at around a quarter of a million per year. Happy with giving around 50 million quid a day to a bunch of unelected bureaucrats. Happy that faceless judges in a foreign court can say which killers, rapists, paedophiles, terrorists Etc. we can or cannot deport. Happy that the same unelected bureaucrats can do their best to stifle or even destroy the financial sector in London, and before anyone get's on the greedy banker high horse, remember that it is only the taxes from the financial sector that keeps the country afloat. So if you are happy with all of that, then vote Lib/Lab/Con.

If not then vote Ukip and get the return of Grammar schools, the scrapping of the HS2 white elephant, and enough power stations to keep the lights on instead of useless windmills as a bonus. "

And when we leave the EU and those EU Immigrants are told to 'Go Home' do you really thing that they'll just go and say 'That's alright we'll leave Britain but you can stay in our countries. If you're going to voting UKIP I'd put what ever accommodation you have in Spain & Germany on the market now while you can still get a good price for them.

Widnes

"

And most, if not all, of the Islamic Terrorist over here are born in Britain and decent from British Commonwealth and Empire countries not Europe

Widnes

That's right, blame Ukip for all the problems."

No, just blame them for the ones they cause. That's more than enough

Widnes

"I see the tories have let another deal for private companies to run the east cost railways, after the tax payers had to bail out the rich tory mates the first time and now thew rich tories and mates are doing it again ffs.. Nationalise the railways. At least taxpayers money will go to running it instead of tory and rich pals bank accounts "

Yer, why not, then we can all go back to sitting in filthy trains that never ran on time and eating curled up 'Travellers fair' stale sandwiches with over stewed tea. That will definitely stop the immigrants wanting to come over here.

Widnes

"If not then vote Ukip and get the return of Grammar schools, the scrapping of the HS2 white elephant, and enough power stations to keep the lights on instead of useless windmills as a bonus.

That is so wrong I don't really know where to start with an answer. But here goes.

Firstly Ukip (and myself) are not against immigration per se. Never have been and never will be.

Only a fool would pull up the drawbridge and cut immigration to zero.

Britain and other European country's will always need workers from other country's whether they be skilled engineers or minimum wage fruit pickers.

What Ukip say (and I wholeheartedly agree with) is that Britain should be able to choose which migrants it needs based on their skills and which vacancies need filling.

It is ludicrous that a company which needs and engineer from say Nigeria to do a specific job will get refused while someone from an EU country can waltz in, grab a few copies of the Big Issue, then claim they are self employed and open the gates to a raft of "in work" benefits.

It is also ludicrous that while Britain has a million kids on the dole it pays the same "in work" benefits to minimum wage immigrants. In effect paying twice.

Ukip has no desire to abolish immigration but to reduce it to a sustainable level and to be able to choose who does or does not enter the country. At the moment Britain has neither."

I agree with some of what you say but we don't have to leave the EU to sort out to stop 'in-work-benefits' being paid to anyone. That's a totally UK decision. And Leaving the EU will absolutely no difference at all to the number or quality of people coming from Somalia.

So the only difference it might have made, but probably would not have, is the Polish Criminal. But we don't currently have to let in criminals from other EU countries any how. If we made full use of the Europol system we'd know who these criminal were and they could be stopped at the border

Widnes

How do you explain the previous Labour governments own admission that "they sent out search party's for immigrants" You certainly can't blame the Tory's for that."

Was going to say exactly the same myself