FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > charity gift cards

charity gift cards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

so I have finally got round to thinking about Christmas shopping!!

a few people in my family are hard to buy for as if they want something they go out and get it (I think there should be a ban on buying things for yourself from October to boxing day!!)

I thought I would offer them a donation to the charity of their choice, then I thought it would be good if I could buy a gift card for somewhere like just giving so that they could donate to as many charities as they liked up to the value of my present for them.

Has anyone any idea of these thing exist? I have had a quick google and there are some site out there but they are not well known to me so am a bit sceptical of their credentials!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"so I have finally got round to thinking about Christmas shopping!!

a few people in my family are hard to buy for as if they want something they go out and get it (I think there should be a ban on buying things for yourself from October to boxing day!!)

I thought I would offer them a donation to the charity of their choice, then I thought it would be good if I could buy a gift card for somewhere like just giving so that they could donate to as many charities as they liked up to the value of my present for them.

Has anyone any idea of these thing exist? I have had a quick google and there are some site out there but they are not well known to me so am a bit sceptical of their credentials!"

If any of your family/friends are animal lovers, many shelters, conservation centres and zoos local to them will do sponsorship gifts. This year we've sponsored an owl for one relly and a donkey for another. The places send out nice little packs, and with the owl, we even get a private talk from the keeper and a feeding session.

Il not sure but I got a goat one year . Or someone in Africa did

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I bought two chickens for someone once. It wasn't through oxfam but I know oxfam do/ did it.

You look through a brochure and you can buy chickens, goats, donkies ect for people in poor countries and you get some kind of card to say what you've bought and give that to the person as a gift.

Over the years we have had donkeys , pigs and horses from an animal sanctuary. My brother started it off for the children when they were small and he has renewed every year.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

There are lots of things you can get. Just type in Charity Christmas Gifts and all the big national charities offering Christmas gift ideas will come up.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I bought two chickens for someone once. It wasn't through oxfam but I know oxfam do/ did it.

You look through a brochure and you can buy chickens, goats, donkies ect for people in poor countries and you get some kind of card to say what you've bought and give that to the person as a gift.

"

I buy these for my Dad and Stepmum

evesham

"There are lots of things you can get. Just type in Charity Christmas Gifts and all the big national charities offering Christmas gift ideas will come up.

"

yeah I have seen them but I was looking for something where they could spread the donation over a few charities if they wanted.

isn't it annoying when the gift you want doesn't seem to exist

Type in just giving gift cards into google and its the first one that comes up

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"There are lots of things you can get. Just type in Charity Christmas Gifts and all the big national charities offering Christmas gift ideas will come up.

yeah I have seen them but I was looking for something where they could spread the donation over a few charities if they wanted.

isn't it annoying when the gift you want doesn't seem to exist "

Spreading it among several charities is really difficult on individual items. The admin for that would cost more than the gift.

evesham

"Type in just giving gift cards into google and its the first one that comes up "

not on my google it isn't

"Type in just giving gift cards into google and its the first one that comes up

not on my google it isn't "

its a just Giving gift card and the receiver can donate to their choice of charity up to the value of the gift card. Its just one charity they can choose though

Type in give now cards

Oxfam and water aid

» Add a new message to this topic