FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > employers and xmas

employers and xmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

do you as staff get anything - first xmas we got a box of bikkies or bottle of wine - nothing yr after that - then we got taken out for a meal (hard to organsie as we are a care company and with rotas it was four nights out to give all the chance to get there ) - this yr nothing been mentioned about anything

or if you are employers - do you treat the staff -

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We get taken out for a meal and we get given the Xmas eve off too

Diddly squat ...Make it what it is with the others.

When I was self employed,i had a young apprentice working for me,i used to give him an extra weeks money with his xmas pay packet

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Two Xmas parties this year - meals and drinks paid for - but overnight accom self funded.

First time in about six years though!

A

we have had flowers, champagne, big Christmas bonus and a meal in the afternoon. However, this year the flowers, champagne and bonus are no more as they have decided to restructure out bonuses to April. We are going for a meal/dance at a nice hotel on the night with free bar though.

The school I worked at had a Christmas dinner on the last day of school. All staff attended including office and caretakers. We had quizzes and secret Santa and a 3 course Christmas dinner,prepare by members of staff

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

We are getting sweet FA!

What annoys the staff is the fact that we are working for a franchise of a large health and beauty and optical retailer. On the company intranet a few weeks ago was a notice to all staff that they will receive a bonus of £100 in this month's pay packet, a half day off for Xmas shopping and a contribution to the staff party. But not for franchise staff, only those who work for the parent company

Nothing! Organise our own night and food!

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm self employed .. Might give myself a treat

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

We get £30 each to arrange a Christmas party. I've donated my £30 to charity and won't be attending any work Christmas parties

My ex husband's boss took 8 of us for dinner and a concert one year at the O2

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Fucking huge turkey that I always give away and a cuple of trays of beer

I'm pretty lucky, company is generous (but they're american so tend to do xmas quite big). We get £150 voucher for John Lewis, M&S or similar, big company xmas party, smaller team lunch and boozy afternoon, a half day for xmas shopping and xmas eve as a freebie day off. Feeling very lucky after hearing how hard done by some of you are!!

We get nothing! Used to get a bottle at new year don't even get that... Even have to organise our own night out sometimes wonder why am still working there

By *rc83Man  over a year ago

warrington

We get nothing from my company.

We just organise our own night out.

We don't even get Xmas off, have to use some of our holidays to have the week off

By *CoastFunMan  over a year ago

Southampron

I work for one of the biggest companies that are global and we get absolutely nothing bonus wise. Also our particular site has a pay freeze for next year due to financial issues which is a bit crap, especially as in the new year the emails will come through letting me know how many millions or billions of dollars profit has been made overall by the company.

By *ovemenotWoman  over a year ago

yeovil

"I'm pretty lucky, company is generous (but they're american so tend to do xmas quite big). We get £150 voucher for John Lewis, M&S or similar, big company xmas party, smaller team lunch and boozy afternoon, a half day for xmas shopping and xmas eve as a freebie day off. Feeling very lucky after hearing how hard done by some of you are!!"
mmmm

I want to work for your company . Last year are boss didn't even give us all are pay as he said that some " unexpected " bills had gorn out of the account and there was only 50% for each of us . Had to wait till the 9th dec . So this year I am just hopping for my wages ??

My employer throws an industrial-sized bash at the O2 (this year) - so 3,000 people will wander round getting gradually more pissed. No subs for smaller team parties though.

I'm self employed so will be giving myself a nice bonus

By *r and mrs willingCouple  over a year ago

SOUTH WEST & WALES

We run a small business with 12 employees. On the last working day before Xmas they have the afternoon off and we take them for a meal and free bar at a pub/restaurant of their choice. Afterwards, we provide a kitty for them to carry on drinking and get taxis home ( bosses don't go so they can get swallied up in peace!) they also receive a cash bonus ranging from £250 - £750, a case of beer or wine, chocolates and an extra paid day off.

We don't expect a thank you - it's our way of thanking them for their hard work through the year. (I was brought up to acknowledge even a birthday card so I have to admit that a thank you wouldn't go amiss. Call me old fashioned etc ....)

I have had to use annual leave for christmas and boxing day becausemy company are that tight fisted and scrooges

"We run a small business with 12 employees. On the last working day before Xmas they have the afternoon off and we take them for a meal and free bar at a pub/restaurant of their choice. Afterwards, we provide a kitty for them to carry on drinking and get taxis home ( bosses don't go so they can get swallied up in peace!) they also receive a cash bonus ranging from £250 - £750, a case of beer or wine, chocolates and an extra paid day off.

We don't expect a thank you - it's our way of thanking them for their hard work through the year. (I was brought up to acknowledge even a birthday card so I have to admit that a thank you wouldn't go amiss. Call me old fashioned etc ....) "

Any Jobs goin?

Last year an organisation we help on an informal basis brought our team a bottle of wine and box of chocolates each. We had to refuse it as it could be construed as a bribe...

We will get a bottle from our line manager and that's it

We get nothing... A swanky night outs arranged, I'm not going, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere at this time of the year (the kids)

The other half gets a meal paid for, £25.00 in drinks vouchers, taxi to the venue, and a hotel paid for.. Not bad!!! He's going.

Three course meal and free bar, plus for the last 2 years a £100 bonus! Makes up for it being shitty the rest of the year

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I get my gaffer a good Christmas box and his family get me a good one, too.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

If I can afford it I pay a weeks wage as a bonus, they get taxed highly though.

We also have 10 days off plus any weekends

company add £500 to the Christmas raffle fund, no bonus, and if they had their way we would be back at work on boxing day.

that's the trouble with public transport, people expect it when they are on a national holiday

By *ittykate84Woman  over a year ago

CHESTER

As I lost my job last week I will be getting diddly squat and no parties for me xx

I've got a nice Christmas meal in Manchester with overnight hotel being paid for by a company I work with. I'm not even an employee

Self employed so nothing.

Before that I worked for London Underground and we got nothing there as well. A company with a strict D&A policy could hardly be seen paying for drinks for its staff.

However a friend of mine owns a small company and I am always invited to his Christmas do. I have to pretend to be an accountant but it's free beer all day.

being a civil servant I don't get anything

except for flexible working, 31 days annual leave, and a good pension

Where i work gives every employee £40 towards a night out and the managers usually buy us some chocolates

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I get to leave at 2pm on xmas eve.

No bonus, and i've organised my team's night out myself.

when I started in my present job, 15 years ago, we used to get taken out for a posh slap-up meal - partners were invited, free booze all night and taxis home or even overnight stays for those who lived further away. gradually that's been cut back and now we just get lunch in a local pub. To be honest I'd rather just have the cash!

Cardiff

"As I lost my job last week I will be getting diddly squat and no parties for me xx"

Its for a reason KK, look forward to the New Year when something lands at your feet.

I sound like Mystic Meg, keep ya chin up

"We get £30 each to arrange a Christmas party. I've donated my £30 to charity and won't be attending any work Christmas parties "

far play to you on both counts . I'm not going to any Christmas parties. I just don't do Christmas. Its all a con . A very good one and a 2000 year old one . Put still a con .

A few years ago I got.....wait for it

An oven glove

By *CoastFunMan  over a year ago

Southampron

"Last year an organisation we help on an informal basis brought our team a bottle of wine and box of chocolates each. We had to refuse it as it could be construed as a bribe...

We will get a bottle from our line manager and that's it"

The same policy is in place where I work

I employ 2 night drivers and give them a £500 Xmas bonus each

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I don't know, wasn't working for them last christmas... they haven't said anything.

Dinner with drinks

Close Xmas eve. Reopen 5 December

Not had to use any of my annual leave

So got 5 days to take before then

"Dinner with drinks

Close Xmas eve. Reopen 5 December

Not had to use any of my annual leave

So got 5 days to take before then "

Re-open 5th December??

Blimey what you going to do all year??

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"being a civil servant I don't get anything

except for flexible working, 31 days annual leave, and a good pension "

Me too (mrs) though not as many days leave. ..

Night out open bar hotel paid for. Happening nxt tuesday

Do the post office staff still get a book of stamps as their bonus ?

Before my last boss retired we would go out for meal and drinks and she would pay the bar bill,and also get a M and S £50 gift card each but all out of her own money.Now absolutely Nothing!!! Not even a bottle of wine yet line managers happy to come out if I organise night out. That's NHS for you not even had a pay rise for 3 years but that's another story

I get crimbo and boxing days off, but have to take out of my 20 days hol allowance. Even tho the place is shut

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Public sector workers get shit all. We also get paid the Tuesday before Christmas every year, leaving us with a six-seven week month because the pay staff are on holiday.

The managers all get the holiday off whilst the workers cover every shift and if we are very lucky, one of them will turn up on Christmas Day with a box of satsumas.

"When I was self employed,i had a young apprentice working for me,i used to give him an extra weeks money with his xmas pay packet"

To someone who is self employed. That makes you epic. This time of year is hard enough without the financial stress. Well done to you!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"We run a small business with 12 employees. On the last working day before Xmas they have the afternoon off and we take them for a meal and free bar at a pub/restaurant of their choice. Afterwards, we provide a kitty for them to carry on drinking and get taxis home ( bosses don't go so they can get swallied up in peace!) they also receive a cash bonus ranging from £250 - £750, a case of beer or wine, chocolates and an extra paid day off.

We don't expect a thank you - it's our way of thanking them for their hard work through the year. (I was brought up to acknowledge even a birthday card so I have to admit that a thank you wouldn't go amiss. Call me old fashioned etc ....)

Any Jobs goin? "

I was thinking exactly the same . But thats very generous of you

Yes I remember some christmas party,s at Work In the past, but going back to my Childhood I can also remember at school Little things that are so Impressionable On you at a early age that you still Remember, any sign Of bunting, glitter, the sounds of rudolf the red nose reindeer, or a christmas tree was all Meant to be about father christmas Exciteing times as a child between the Ages of 9 10 11 at Christmas lunch at school for pudding we use to Have some christmas pudding and If you were very lucky you,d find a six pence In It custard and all, around the same Age me and my sister attended a yearly Christmas works party do organised Through where my dad worked, as a Youngster the building looked vast In Size and along with other youngsters We enjoyed games like pass the parcel, Blind mans bluff, musical chairs, and cartoon film shows, a christmas meal Pulling crackers, everyone really Enjoying It and lastly everyone getting a present each even the wrapping paper looked magical as a kid All takeing place within one afternoon As a kid It was a big part of growing Up luckily some of the traits still Remain with me today.

My company give yous £30 voucher for any kids you have, each. We all get £30 cash to spend on a organised shift night out, and we get 2% bonus in November, not too bad really

"Self employed so nothing.

Before that I worked for London Underground and we got nothing there as well. A company with a strict D&A policy could hardly be seen paying for drinks for its staff.

However a friend of mine owns a small company and I am always invited to his Christmas do. I have to pretend to be an accountant but it's free beer all day. "

You must be good with figures then...

By *r and mrs willingCouple  over a year ago

SOUTH WEST & WALES

"Before my last boss retired we would go out for meal and drinks and she would pay the bar bill,and also get a M and S £50 gift card each but all out of her own money.Now absolutely Nothing!!! Not even a bottle of wine yet line managers happy to come out if I organise night out. That's NHS for you not even had a pay rise for 3 years but that's another story "

Hats off to your now retired, generous boss. The pay rise thing is another story but without wishing to sound mean ( maybe unavoidable though) as a tax/NI payer I'm not sure I want those contributions used to fund staff Xmas parties. Not only for our cherished NHS staff but for any public sector workers.

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

"Do the post office staff still get a book of stamps as their bonus ? "

Posties still get 50 first class stamps......my fiancé gives half to his mum and last year donated the other half to a charity raffle. No idea what we'll do with the rest this year

When I worked for woolies all basic staff for ab out of date choc orange each, and the management and team leaders got a full paid night out. U can imagin the upraw when we found that out.

By *indys loverCouple  over a year ago

Stratford on avon

no chrimbo party for me and I will be working Christmas eve , Christmas day , boxing day and come to think of it every day through the new year ,

whats my job then ?

Cardiff

"no chrimbo party for me and I will be working Christmas eve , Christmas day , boxing day and come to think of it every day through the new year ,

whats my job then ?"

Father Christmas

or

A hospital receptionist

We get a text message thanking us for all our hard work over this busy period

Cardiff

"We get a text message thanking us for all our hard work over this busy period "

That kind of takes the piss don't it?

Id rather not have that text. Its not like your phones going to buzz, you read it and smile 'oh look everyone, this has just made my Christmas'.

Awww how sweet....not.

By *horshiperMan  over a year ago

London

Only a small company we get taken out for an event ie go karting or somethinng alike, get taken for dinner and get an xmas bonus.

If anyone wants me to put a good word in let me know

"do you as staff get anything - first xmas we got a box of bikkies or bottle of wine - nothing yr after that - then we got taken out for a meal (hard to organsie as we are a care company and with rotas it was four nights out to give all the chance to get there ) - this yr nothing been mentioned about anything

or if you are employers - do you treat the staff - "

I get given a small box of chocolates for my year of hard work hahaha

"no chrimbo party for me and I will be working Christmas eve , Christmas day , boxing day and come to think of it every day through the new year ,

whats my job then ?"

Yummy mummy?

wouldnt want a penny off my firm

Stratford on avon

whats my job then ?

Yummy mummy? "

errr nope ,,,, im a gruff old bloke

Cardiff

whats my job then ?

Yummy mummy?

errr nope ,,,, im a gruff old bloke "

I could be close, I said Santa further up

Nothing at all, not even a merry Christmas. Or kiss my arse

When we started with this company they told us they don't recognise Xmas as a holiday, so unless we book time off we have to work.

Stratford on avon

whats my job then ?

Yummy mummy?

I could be close, I said Santa further up"

Bah Humbug

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

We don't expect a thank you - it's our way of thanking them for their hard work through the year. (I was brought up to acknowledge even a birthday card so I have to admit that a thank you wouldn't go amiss. Call me old fashioned etc ....) "

I'm going to have to get a mutual friend to introduce me.

My organisation gives two thirds of the contribution to a meal out. I will personally bring in treats for people and I will provide some treats for some of our clients.

At Easter I put Easter Eggs on everyone's desks too.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

whats my job then ?

Yummy mummy?

I could be close, I said Santa further up

Bah Humbug "

You're Santa's little helper and keep our streets safer by keeping the drinkers from taking to their wheels.

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

christmas party for the residents which we are expected to attend i wont be as dont like the staff that will be on

and we get a voucher for m&s if were lucky

I get 2 weeks off over Christmas and a night out with the company

Self employed so my christmas bonus is to donate my last days pay of the year to local hospice

work for the NHS.. you can make your own assumptions on that one, although my department are ona night out in Liverpool next week

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

We get no gift, bonus or night out. All of us that work in my particular office arrange our own night out and have a really good night

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

now im thinking - the company used to do a xmas gathering for the service users that are able to manage/cope with that kind of thing - no sound of that this year either - think they used to have to buy a ticket tho - boss got a lovely new range rover this year i might add

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Nothing from the firm so last year a scrap machine went directly to the metal recyclers and not via the proper skip! Paid for a breakfast and a beer for us!

» Add a new message to this topic