FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Plumbing advice,,,,

Plumbing advice,,,,

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sat next to my gas meter the other morning no tv or radio on and I could here a funny sound coming from my meter,, I opened the cupboard and the only way to describe the sound was that it sounded like water running thought he pipe. And on close inspection the floor under the meter is wet.. Any advice especially cost would be gratefully appreciated,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

anything to do with the meter is to do with the gas company

there should be no water inside the meter unless theres a gas leak and water leak therefore any water would come through your meter

if water is found its usually has come from somewhere else id investigate this first as could be a water leak or even coming down your internals of the wall

if there is no cracks or anyway for water to get through id advise to ring gas company up explain that water may have been coming through the meter pipe to your meter

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Run like hell

"anything to do with the meter is to do with the gas company

there should be no water inside the meter unless theres a gas leak and water leak therefore any water would come through your meter

if water is found its usually has come from somewhere else id investigate this first as could be a water leak or even coming down your internals of the wall

if there is no cracks or anyway for water to get through id advise to ring gas company up explain that water may have been coming through the meter pipe to your meter "

. Thank you

"Run like hell "

Have you tried drying the water with a match?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Sat next to my gas meter the other morning no tv or radio on and I could here a funny sound coming from my meter,, I opened the cupboard and the only way to describe the sound was that it sounded like water running thought he pipe. And on close inspection the floor under the meter is wet.. Any advice especially cost would be gratefully appreciated,"

call the gas board out

"

Have you tried drying the water with a match? "

THIS!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Well I'd start by turning ya stopcock off overnight and see if it is still happening in the morning

"

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

is the water overflow located above it ?

no it isn't.x

By *layfull pairingCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"

I know i shouldnt, but i proper laughed at this.....on me own in a quiet coffee shop.... What a prick....

By *layfull pairingCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"

I know i shouldnt, but i proper laughed at this.....on me own in a quiet coffee shop.... What a prick...."

i mean im the prick for bursting out laughing while sat alone in costa... Not suggesting the person giving advice is a prick....hes genius....

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Sat next to my gas meter the other morning no tv or radio on and I could here a funny sound coming from my meter,, I opened the cupboard and the only way to describe the sound was that it sounded like water running thought he pipe. And on close inspection the floor under the meter is wet.. Any advice especially cost would be gratefully appreciated,"

There is always a tiny amount of moisture in all pipes it usually disperses when using appliances. Phone national grid gas to check soon as

Call transco

"

I know i shouldnt, but i proper laughed at this.....on me own in a quiet coffee shop.... What a prick....

i mean im the prick for bursting out laughing while sat alone in costa... Not suggesting the person giving advice is a prick....hes genius.... "

. I did spit out my drink too to be fair,,,,,very funny

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Any update on the situation then?

By *riskygazMan  over a year ago

birmingham

I can't see water having anything to do with the gas meter, more likely to be a water leak, maybe a radiator pipe as they run all over the house, get a load of kitchen towel in there dry it up then site and wait to see where it is coming from

"Any update on the situation then?"
lol

Well it ain't water running through the pipes that's for sure!.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

I think this should be voted for Fab Post of the Year award

I thought all gas meters were outside. Are you sure its not the water meter

"I thought all gas meters were outside. Are you sure its not the water meter"

lol

"I thought all gas meters were outside. Are you sure its not the water meter"

our water meter is on the pavement (well under it) - see if any wall is wet - if its just the floor is it dripping from above - or under the floorboards - im guessing you have done all this to find the source already ?

You lot just crack me up..love you all for cheering me up with your comments,,, but house hasn't blown up...no smell of gas no water pipes around area, it's a prepay meter.( which by the way they charge the earth to remove) and I have a recording of the sound it makes,, I know I sound a weird one but no man about the house have to rely on you lot.....to make me laugh if nothing else.xxx

"You lot just crack me up..love you all for cheering me up with your comments,,, but house hasn't blown up...no smell of gas no water pipes around area, it's a prepay meter.( which by the way they charge the earth to remove) and I have a recording of the sound it makes,, I know I sound a weird one but no man about the house have to rely on you lot.....to make me laugh if nothing else.xxx"

It's not water in the pipe, even if water was in the pipe, which occasionally happens, there isn't enough pressure in gas pipe to move water in it.

It could be your governor or the measuring movement inside the meter that is making a similar noise either way, call Transco is their equipment and they will look at it for free.

By *erts_darlings1Couple  over a year ago

watford

You got mail!

By *istressZoeTV/TS  over a year ago

cheshire

I'm a gasman ( ahem cough)

Do you want me to cum round!?

» Add a new message to this topic