FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > It's bad enough the inconvenience

It's bad enough the inconvenience

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Of jumping under a train

The startling fact is that one a week on average attempt suicide in this way.

A staggering number survive

It is a horrifying but not a very efficient way to kill oneself

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

My step mum is a radiographer. She once had to X-ray a woman who lay down on train tracks. They needed her dental records as she had no ID. She said to the people bringing her in to arrive at a quiet time so the body bag doesn't upset patients. They said there was no need as it was only her head.

Another time she X-rayed a man who jumped in front of a train and survived. She was shocked to find his toes pointing to the floor, but he was laying on his back.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A friend if mines son committed suicide that way. Horrific

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

An employee at the local rail station told me during the last delay (caused by falling on the tracks) that it was the 48th case this year on our network alone... but that was including accidents and purposeful attempts.

All very sad really =/

Poor driver and the conductor/guard. When a train hits someone (with the company my ex works with) one of them has to locate the body/body parts. Usually the conductor as the driver is too traumatised.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I meant to say they are London underground figures.

The most damage is done extracting the bodies from under the train

My best mate, and next door neighbour when I was growing up eventually threw himself under a train. Was hooked on heroin aged 13-14, 10 years later...

Didn't die, but lost both legs from just above the knee

I used to work on the rail. One morning I was doing the usual checks on an arrival. It was hammering down with rain. I got to the 3rd from last wagon and was overwhelmed by the strong smell of iron. I assumed it was the rain drenched rusty wagon I was checking. I reported the strong metally smell before going home. When I went back in on the next shift I was pulled aside and told that the smell on that wagon was blood and that a young girl had jumped from a bridge and literally fell between the moving wagons. She was wrapped around the axle. I was so glad that I didnt actually find her as the smell alone was bad enough and still effects me today.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have a friend who accidently fell under a train, she had one leg amputated but not the other even though its dead and she has no use in it at all.

Happened a long while before I knew her.

"I used to work on the rail. One morning I was doing the usual checks on an arrival. It was hammering down with rain. I got to the 3rd from last wagon and was overwhelmed by the strong smell of iron. I assumed it was the rain drenched rusty wagon I was checking. I reported the strong metally smell before going home. When I went back in on the next shift I was pulled aside and told that the smell on that wagon was blood and that a young girl had jumped from a bridge and literally fell between the moving wagons. She was wrapped around the axle. I was so glad that I didnt actually find her as the smell alone was bad enough and still effects me today. "

Shocking! !

LaviniaCD, retired train driver, 1 18 year old male suicide, 1 mum and 11 year old daughter accidental death. Tragic.

"I used to work on the rail. One morning I was doing the usual checks on an arrival. It was hammering down with rain. I got to the 3rd from last wagon and was overwhelmed by the strong smell of iron. I assumed it was the rain drenched rusty wagon I was checking. I reported the strong metally smell before going home. When I went back in on the next shift I was pulled aside and told that the smell on that wagon was blood and that a young girl had jumped from a bridge and literally fell between the moving wagons. She was wrapped around the axle. I was so glad that I didnt actually find her as the smell alone was bad enough and still effects me today.

Shocking! !"

Is the reason I'm not working on the rail anymore.

"I used to work on the rail. One morning I was doing the usual checks on an arrival. It was hammering down with rain. I got to the 3rd from last wagon and was overwhelmed by the strong smell of iron. I assumed it was the rain drenched rusty wagon I was checking. I reported the strong metally smell before going home. When I went back in on the next shift I was pulled aside and told that the smell on that wagon was blood and that a young girl had jumped from a bridge and literally fell between the moving wagons. She was wrapped around the axle. I was so glad that I didnt actually find her as the smell alone was bad enough and still effects me today.

Shocking! !

Is the reason I'm not working on the rail anymore. "

A fella I used to work with was on the rails for 4-5 years, he had a couple of similar stories.

One of my past uncles worked on the cumbrian rail network it was either in The 1920,s or 1930,s not sure but he was Working on the shunters and somehow he got his head trapped between the bumpers All I can say is I hope it was all over In a second or even less, health and safety in those days was still very lapse in most Industrys makes me shudder To think about it.

"Of jumping under a train

The startling fact is that one a week on average attempt suicide in this way.

A staggering number survive

It is a horrifying but not a very efficient way to kill oneself

"

Of course the survivors are staggering, have you seen the size of these trains?

» Add a new message to this topic