FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Kodi / Android boxes

Kodi / Android boxes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hiya.

Can anyone recommend a good android / kodi box. £50 ish.

If anyone is wondering...it's like a mini pc that can play sky channels / movies etc?

Cheers.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Raspberry pi

Could get an Intel Compute Stick which would be a lot more flexible (full Windows 8/10), about £80 from eBuyer or Dabs.

Don't use the pi's for xbmc/kodi anymore as we didn't find them the most responsive so just stream to Chromecasts now.

"Could get an Intel Compute Stick which would be a lot more flexible (full Windows 8/10), about £80 from eBuyer or Dabs.

Don't use the pi's for xbmc/kodi anymore as we didn't find them the most responsive so just stream to Chromecasts now."

The pi 2 is much better than the original pi.

"Could get an Intel Compute Stick which would be a lot more flexible (full Windows 8/10), about £80 from eBuyer or Dabs.

Don't use the pi's for xbmc/kodi anymore as we didn't find them the most responsive so just stream to Chromecasts now.

The pi 2 is much better than the original pi. "

I did read that they are much better, specs certainly suggest it but not tried one yet.

Put a Brix behind the living room tv as I got shot of the standalone box for the motorised sat dish as I prefer flexibility of software DVB to stream and watch foreign sport channels, etc. It's pretty good, but could have probably got away with a Compute Stick.

By *lascumMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Kindle fire stick with tvaddons loaded

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for the info everyone.

Went for one of those M8s boxes for 50 quid in the end from Amazon...needed the optical output to hook up to my amplifier...otherwise would of gone for a fire stick etc.

Cheers again.

» Add a new message to this topic