FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Free afternoon

Free afternoon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ee Viante OP   Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I'm feeling a bit cross with the universe in general today and rather down. It already seems like one of those days where everything turns to crap.

Anyway, I unexpectedly have a free afternoon and it looks like the weather will be good, so I'm going to do something positive.

Options include doing DIY and painting the front doorstep, going for a walk in the woods, perhaps with my camera, going to the beach, writing some eBay listings I've been needing to do for ages, having a long bath and a pamper afternoon, buying some timber and making a few things I need, such as a printer stand and some shelving dividers, curl up with a cat and read, watch a film.

What sounds most cheer inducing? Any other suggestions? What would you do with a free afternoon if you were feeling a bit glum?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Getting stuff done around the house always puts me in a good mood

Get outside in the good weather! Take the camera and enjoy nature!! I'm jealous, I'm at work!

"Getting stuff done around the house always puts me in a good mood "

I'm tempted to buy a big pizza and a gallon of Ben & Jerry's at the moment but I know I'd feel crappy about it afterwards.

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

Get out and about in the sunshine and get some fresh air and exercise, that other stuff can wait until the evening or when the weather turns crap again

"Getting stuff done around the house always puts me in a good mood

I'm tempted to buy a big pizza and a gallon of Ben & Jerry's at the moment but I know I'd feel crappy about it afterwards."

How about a small treat when and only when youve done all your stuff? I have a think for fruit pots with a drizzle of carnation milk. Ive a talent for ruining health food xx

Thing* not think

Im with vara housework,housework,housework lots of washing up and vacuuming ooooh and washing clothes and........

Wide awake!

I'm tempted to buy a big pizza and a gallon of Ben & Jerry's at the moment but I know I'd feel crappy about it afterwards.

How about a small treat when and only when youve done all your stuff? I have a think for fruit pots with a drizzle of carnation milk. Ive a talent for ruining health food xx "

A better treat might be something from my Amazon wishlist. Healthier too

"Im with vara housework,housework,housework lots of washing up and vacuuming ooooh and washing clothes and........

Wide awake!"

followed by a hot bath and a pamper xx

"I'm feeling a bit cross with the universe in general today and rather down. It already seems like one of those days where everything turns to crap.

Anyway, I unexpectedly have a free afternoon and it looks like the weather will be good, so I'm going to do something positive.

Beach and a camera

Options include doing DIY and painting the front doorstep, going for a walk in the woods, perhaps with my camera, going to the beach, writing some eBay listings I've been needing to do for ages, having a long bath and a pamper afternoon, buying some timber and making a few things I need, such as a printer stand and some shelving dividers, curl up with a cat and read, watch a film.

What sounds most cheer inducing? Any other suggestions? What would you do with a free afternoon if you were feeling a bit glum?"

How about a small treat when and only when youve done all your stuff? I have a think for fruit pots with a drizzle of carnation milk. Ive a talent for ruining health food xx

A better treat might be something from my Amazon wishlist. Healthier too "

good plan i was going to do the same yesterday only i discovered everything on there ive pinned for the kids lol

I know what I would do!

Get outside with your camera early afternoon & then time permitting do one of your inside jobs like the eBay listings during the latter part.

It's all to easy to stay in at times and waste the hours away on here. Not saying everyone does that but I know that happens to me & then I get cross with myself!

I think a lot of us aren't morning people and the day can look crap first thing , but as the day goes on it improves. By ten we are often cooking on gas (not literally, more metaphorically).

Can you wait until lunchtime to see how you feel then and then decide what you'd rather do? Sometimes if you decide it earlier - then it feels like you made the wrong decision - that feels worse.

Not sure that makes sense , but I know what I mean.

Here though - it's beautiful outside so maybe choose an outside one. Whichever you choose.

Sarah

A better treat might be something from my Amazon wishlist. Healthier too good plan i was going to do the same yesterday only i discovered everything on there ive pinned for the kids lol"

Mine is huge.

"Im with vara housework,housework,housework lots of washing up and vacuuming ooooh and washing clothes and........

Wide awake! followed by a hot bath and a pamper xx"

And sucking my own smooth balls

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

A long walk or a get fit class makes me In a good mood lately maybe get out and get some fresh air

Wide awake! followed by a hot bath and a pamper xx

And sucking my own smooth balls "

Can you reach ? Is your mouth like a Henry?

I would go to the beach, take a picnic blanket, and lay on the beach with a book. Maybe take a nap. Leave my phone at home.

Just lay in nature and enjoy the peace.

-Courtney

I should add, this morning is for housework and cleaning so I don't fancy spending all day dancing with the vacuum cleaner and a duster

And sucking my own smooth balls

Can you reach ? Is your mouth like a Henry?"

Ha ha we carried it on from another thread...shaved thread

"I should add, this morning is for housework and cleaning so I don't fancy spending all day dancing with the vacuum cleaner and a duster "

Get out and get some fresh air, I'm off to meetings and I can't wait as its such a gorgeous day with lots of walking

And sucking my own smooth balls "

Talented through and through

"I would go to the beach, take a picnic blanket, and lay on the beach with a book. Maybe take a nap. Leave my phone at home.

-Courtney "

It'll probably be quite breezy and chilly on the beach, not laying around weather yet.

It's predicted to be 10°C (50°F) today but it'll be much cooler than that on the coast.

Strolling along a coastal path or the seafront with my camera could be nice though.

Outside in the sunshine!! It does wonders for a dose of the glums

"I would go to the beach, take a picnic blanket, and lay on the beach with a book. Maybe take a nap. Leave my phone at home.

-Courtney

It'll probably be quite breezy and chilly on the beach, not laying around weather yet.

It's predicted to be 10°C (50°F) today but it'll be much cooler than that on the coast.

Strolling along a coastal path or the seafront with my camera could be nice though."

Sounds good to me

Although I've been known to sit outside in the snow and read so cold weather isn't usually a barrier

-Courtney

Strolling along a coastal path or the seafront with my camera could be nice though.

Sounds good to me

Although I've been known to sit outside in the snow and read so cold weather isn't usually a barrier "

It does help you are from NYC lol

-Courtney

Sounds good to me

Although I've been known to sit outside in the snow and read so cold weather isn't usually a barrier "

It's not so much the temperature as the wind tbh. The forecast for Cromer beach says it will feel like 6°C though so it may not be too bad.

-Courtney

Sounds good to me

Although I've been known to sit outside in the snow and read so cold weather isn't usually a barrier

It does help you are from NYC lol "

It snowed in Philadelphia in April when I was over there in 2000. It was bitterly cold.

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

I have 5 weeks off at the moment and this is the second week.

So far, I've re-built 2 bays of a close boarded post and rail fence, by salvaging the oak posts and using godfather spurs (3 hours each for each of 3 holes dug) - still a work in progress, 2 more bays to do.

Done a full service on the MG (used engine oil makes great fence paint).

Fixed the exhaust on the Jeep - for now anyway.

Seeded a whole bunch of planters and tidied up patio.

Sawn up the branches from pollarding 2 trees last Autumn.

Spent a day in the Art gallery and museum.

I'm worn out! only one more godfather hole to dig and it's sunny, so I'd better get on it.

Still have a long list of things to do.

Going for a walk in the woods always puts me in a good mood, something about being out away from everyone is very relaxing

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Make a list.

It's a good way of organising chaos and then there's the satisfaction of crossing things off it.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Today and tomorrow are one of those days in your life that no matter what are going to be massive life changing events.

I am pulling every single mental coping skill i have and doing my damnedist that im not going to crack. So im going to get ready in a bit and decide where im going to take myself of this afternoon and put a coffee social meet up for when im there

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

I have this week off, so I am taking the opportunity to do most of the things I want to do, although couldn't help but do some work on the laptop this morning. Yesterday I spent the whole day in bed with a migraine, that sort of happens when I finally take a rest from work, it all hits me. Today I am taking my daughter shopping, so will get out in the sunshine and get something to eat, and get some good company ... yes, can't believe I said that about a 14 year old. All too often I spend my days off catching up on work or being too exhausted to do anything apart from sleep.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Oh and im going to wear this new outfit i bought last week that i love myself in and prance round in that

» Add a new message to this topic