FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bridezillas, ever met one?

Bridezillas, ever met one?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ever come across a Bridezilla?

Urban dicitonary:

"A woman who thinks that all things related to her wedding MUST be controlled by her because she is under the premise that the wedding is "her" day. In planning weddings, her attitude ranges from very difficult to impossible. Can be nasty, snippy, rude, belligerent, caustic, aggressive and demeaning."

"One ridiculous spoiled woman that thinks she is the centre of the universe, just because her "show" (the wedding) is 18 months from now"

Oxford:

"A woman whose behaviour in planning the details of her wedding is regarded as obsessive or intolerably demanding: I don’t want to be a bridezilla, but so far my attempts at getting people to respect my wishes aren’t working"

I've come across three in my life, the first two returned to normal after...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We are due to be married in 4 weeks and I can honestly say I'm the total opposite of a Bridezilla lol

Everything is organised to perfection to both our tastes as it's our day not just mine.

So calm but incredibly exited at becoming the 'Mrs' .

I've come across mother of the bride and mother of the groom zillas rather than the bride.

"We are due to be married in 4 weeks and I can honestly say I'm the total opposite of a Bridezilla lol

Everything is organised to perfection to both our tastes as it's our day not just mine.

So calm but incredibly exited at becoming the 'Mrs' ."

All the best to you both, hope you have a fabulous day and an awesome future together

"We are due to be married in 4 weeks and I can honestly say I'm the total opposite of a Bridezilla lol

So calm but incredibly exited at becoming the 'Mrs' .All the best to you both, hope you have a fabulous day and an awesome future together"

Thankyou

I just asked my husband if I was a bridezilla. He's tactfully remained silent and is hiding behind drinking his coffee.

Oops.

Yes I've had the experience of 1 and out friendship still isn't the same.

From the start of last year everything was a joke, numerous pow wows and get togethers with the other bridesmaids to supposedly discuss how we'd want our hair and things but was just told we all had to have our hair the same. We were 4 adult bridesmaids, 2 of us dark thick hair with olive skin colouring, the other one very blonde and very pale and the other one was black with Afro hair yet she wanted us all to have out hair all scraped back off our face in a high bun sort of style. Totally not flattering for my round face and the other girls ha their own issues. She wanted us all to have the same make up including lipstick and eyeshadow, again wouldn't listen or care that we all had different skin tone and wouldn't all suit the same colours, then the bridesmaid dresses which were handmade but did nothing for our shapes, I'm 5'2 the other girl was 5 foot, another one of us 5'5 and another 5'9 the dresses were mid length which done nothing for my figure, they were long sleeve with sheer lace embroidery and made my arms look huge, the dress made my shoulders look broad and I've never looked like I had broad shoulders cos in quite slight, this was the same for all of us. We just all looked awful on the day, me and my best friend were crying on the morning cos we looked and felt so shit. That was the actual wedding, the lead up to it she wanted 3 hen parties that my friend and I had to arrange, uk one here in wales, Newcastle and a long weekend in Marbella, didn't give a fuck that me an my friend both have children and not that much money, well not money to spend on long weekends in Marbella. The bride pouted and stripped when we first said we couldn't go to Marbella, said we had to cos we were bridesmaids. I remember having the Marbella holiday beginning of August, the wedding at the end of August my child going back to school September so needed all new uniform, shoes, coat, bag etc, then had my child's birthday to buy for in October along with presents and arrange and pay for a party, then had Xmas in December.

It's really taken a toll on my friend and I, neither of us can be arsed to speak to or see our friend (the bridzilla) avoid her calls, hardly ever text back. It's like just fuck off, I'm still trying to sort my finances from last year, I just see her as a bill now not a friend. Totally ruined our friendship and if I was asked to be a bridesmaid again I'd tell them to go fuck themselves.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Happily, my wife and I agreed on the theme for our wedding would be "as cheap as possible"

Seen a few.. Obsessed with themselves and chair covers.

Usually end up divorced within 2 years as once the wedding is over they've got nothing.

[Removed by poster at 30/04/16 20:02:53]

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

our wedding is june 25th

and I told my beloved she can have whatever she wants,

As she is paying lol

(she's already spent all my money )

I would happily let ads sort it all out, he knows what I like!!

G x

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

" It's really taken a toll on my friend and I, neither of us can be arsed to speak to or see our friend (the bridzilla) avoid her calls, hardly ever text back. It's like just fuck off, I'm still trying to sort my finances from last year, I just see her as a bill now not a friend. Totally ruined our friendship and if I was asked to be a bridesmaid again I'd tell them to go fuck themselves.

"

GOSH, that really does sound like you have had the Mother of all Bridezillas' directly harrassing you there!

Lost for lost it's a shame you weren't psychic and could have told her in advance to fuck off, seen that the friendship went down the drain anyways, and you're worse of for it financially anyways. Horrible!

"our wedding is june 25th

and I told my beloved she can have whatever she wants,

As she is paying lol

(she's already spent all my money )"

Awwwww congrats!!! xx

» Add a new message to this topic