FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > F++king DVLA

F++king DVLA

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *odareyou OP   Man  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I'm on a contract with my mobile unlimited data texts and minutes ..most numbers covered 0800, 0845 etc ...when I get my bill it's a bit higher than usual so I ring to find out why ? It's this 08701 number.. says t mobile. So I type it into Google and its the dvla...

I had to ring the dvla three times cost nearly £8.. robbing twats..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

TRY GETTING A ROAD TAX REFUND ....WAITING SINCE FEBUARY.....still no money ...3 phone calls so far

"TRY GETTING A ROAD TAX REFUND ....WAITING SINCE FEBUARY.....still no money ...3 phone calls so far"

Money grabbing, Money making twats.

It was Their cock up that I had to ring about.

By *xplorecpl25Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"I'm on a contract with my mobile unlimited data texts and minutes ..most numbers covered 0800, 0845 etc ...when I get my bill it's a bit higher than usual so I ring to find out why ? It's this 08701 number.. says t mobile. So I type it into Google and its the dvla...

I had to ring the dvla three times cost nearly £8.. robbing twats.. "

Il bear that in mind as im sure il have to call them at some point soon, had my first ever car crash on Wednesday Xx

By *GHertsCouple  over a year ago

North Herts

If you ever come across 0870, 0845 etc numbers (that may be chargeable from a mobile) try saynoto0870.com - you can put the offending number in and (if they have it) you'll get the equivalent standard landline number (that is non-chargeable) associated with it.

Doesn't work for all numbers but is a handy one to check.

Mr G

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"If you ever come across 0870, 0845 etc numbers (that may be chargeable from a mobile) try saynoto0870.com - you can put the offending number in and (if they have it) you'll get the equivalent standard landline number (that is non-chargeable) associated with it.

Mr G"

I'll make a note of that!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not as bad as my mistake I made last week. Rang 118118 for a residential number that I couldn't find online, was on the phone for 1 minute 21 seconds (wasn't connected just had the number given) cost me £9.77. Luckily their customer service number was 0800 and boy did I kick off, I thought it would cost around 3 quid but fucking 10 quid for a one minute call, they sent me a cheque for £9.53. Never ever use that service.

I use an app called weq4u and that does the same thing gives me an alternative number if one is available

Wow what a rip off!

"Not as bad as my mistake I made last week. Rang 118118 for a residential number that I couldn't find online, was on the phone for 1 minute 21 seconds (wasn't connected just had the number given) cost me £9.77. Luckily their customer service number was 0800 and boy did I kick off, I thought it would cost around 3 quid but fucking 10 quid for a one minute call, they sent me a cheque for £9.53. Never ever use that service. "

118 real pirates they are, even dick Turpin wore a mask when rubbing you

By *errygTV/TS  over a year ago

denton

"Not as bad as my mistake I made last week. Rang 118118 for a residential number that I couldn't find online, was on the phone for 1 minute 21 seconds (wasn't connected just had the number given) cost me £9.77. Luckily their customer service number was 0800 and boy did I kick off, I thought it would cost around 3 quid but fucking 10 quid for a one minute call, they sent me a cheque for £9.53. Never ever use that service. "
someone has to pay the wages of those 2 morons who advertise it on the telly, also dvla are a rule unto themselves

Ouch..

"TRY GETTING A ROAD TAX REFUND ....WAITING SINCE FEBUARY.....still no money ...3 phone calls so far"

Sold car on Monday; Tax refund arrived in post today - Friday

really quick service, guess it may depend where you live

By *andS33Couple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

When we sold our last car we got the tax refunded back within days, was impressed expected it to take weeks.

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Rock

"If you ever come across 0870, 0845 etc numbers (that may be chargeable from a mobile) try saynoto0870.com - you can put the offending number in and (if they have it) you'll get the equivalent standard landline number (that is non-chargeable) associated with it.

This

Mr G

I'll make a note of that! "

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

Mr G

I'll make a note of that! "

yeah, used that site for years to find the landline number behind the premium rate number for loads of companies.

Just checked for DVLA and it says 0300 790 6801, - 0300 numbers should be the same as inclusive minutes on a mobile contract, or the same rate as landline numbers for pay as you go.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

The reaon 118 118 uses two marathon runners, is so subtle you wouldn't notice it.

They are runners who are running, or jogging on the spot.

This is subliminal for "You're running up a massive bill, by calling us!"

Thieving swines.

Cancel culture: do your worse on these vultures.

Peterborough

DVLA: your call is so important to us: we are going to ut you off.

By *ermite12ukMan  over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Sent in my log book to DVLA. Around 3 or 4 years ago saying the car had been scrapped. As yet not received anything back saying they received it.

(The same car, they (DVLA)tried their level best to stop me getting it taxed. 1 year later, I found out there was another car registered under the same plate as mine. Via my insurance company and at the time, I thought my insurance company was a scammer. )

A call to my GP cost me £12… waiting in the queue etc… nuts that

Peterborough

"A call to my GP cost me £12… waiting in the queue etc… nuts that "

£3 for mine. Print off you bill and send it to the head of the practice, saying you expect payment in 30 days...

Peterborough

"Sent in my log book to DVLA. Around 3 or 4 years ago saying the car had been scrapped. As yet not received anything back saying they received it.

(The same car, they (DVLA)tried their level best to stop me getting it taxed. 1 year later, I found out there was another car registered under the same plate as mine. Via my insurance company and at the time, I thought my insurance company was a scammer. )"

the mind boggles.It's not as if you can go elsewhere to do this compulsory crap.

» Add a new message to this topic