FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sadiq Khan

Sadiq Khan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

He's going on a vote stay campaign with Cameron tomorrow...do you think this will alienate him from labour voters as corbyn has said he would never go on the same platform as Cameron for this campaign?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

His dad was a bus driver

"His dad was a bus driver"

I think he has got that message across to everyone in the country by now

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, it just means that Corbyn's an idiot who is remaining silent on the whole referendum

Corbyn is Brexit but is towing the party line. Admirable and deplorable in equal measures

"No, it just means that Corbyn's an idiot who is remaining silent on the whole referendum "

When your own view is to leave but your parties view is stay....its a bit hard to say much on staying

"No, it just means that Corbyn's an idiot who is remaining silent on the whole referendum "

I''m a fan of Corbyn but do find his silence on this matter weird and impossible to justify

"No, it just means that Corbyn's an idiot who is remaining silent on the whole referendum

When your own view is to leave but your parties view is stay....its a bit hard to say much on staying "

I don't believe that there should be a party view, and the whip should be withdrawn, so that there's a free vote.

Then we would probably get a far more objective opinion in the whole issue target than the split and divided Tory view.

This is especially important in Wales, where labour are the ruling party in the assembly, and wales is so reliant on euro funding

"No, it just means that Corbyn's an idiot who is remaining silent on the whole referendum

When your own view is to leave but your parties view is stay....its a bit hard to say much on staying

I don't believe that there should be a party view, and the whip should be withdrawn, so that there's a free vote.

Then we would probably get a far more objective opinion in the whole issue target than the split and divided Tory view.

This is especially important in Wales, where labour are the ruling party in the assembly, and wales is so reliant on euro funding "

I totally agree

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

dithering about isn't the best position for any Politician and for any leader of a party it's only fuelling the opposition within their party to them..

Corbyn's stance is strange..

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

I''m a fan of Corbyn but do find his silence on this matter weird and impossible to justify"

It's not weird. He's not a fan of the EU but doesn't want to support Brexit either.

He could either be a liar and talk up the Remain case or he can stay quiet.

I don't see why it's an issue.

"dithering about isn't the best position for any Politician and for any leader of a party it's only fuelling the opposition within their party to them..

Corbyn's stance is strange.."

His hands are tied...he may be the leader but he still has to tow the party line...put yourself in his shoes what could you do?

By *rivate auditionsMan  over a year ago

West Midlands

corbyn is just like neil kinnock!,he wasn't a fan of the EU either but changed his tune when he,glenis & family got on board the gravy train that is the the EU,perhaps corbyn too is eyeing up a job in Brussells?.

"corbyn is just like neil kinnock!,he wasn't a fan of the EU either but changed his tune when he,glenis & family got on board the gravy train that is the the EU,perhaps corbyn too is eyeing up a job in Brussells?."

I don't think so he will be in his 70s after the next election...love him or loathe him I don't believe he is in politics for his own gain. ..I think he went for the leadership to reform the labour party.

Whether he will do that time will tell

Corbyn is a relic of days gone past.

[Removed by poster at 29/05/16 13:47:33]

By *ildt123Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Someone said the whip should be withdrawn in this issue. Isn't the whip by definition undemocratic? If an MP's job is to represent his constituents being told how to vote by they party, which may be against his constituents, must be wrong. It's either being controlled by others contrary to the electorate or ignoring them to further your personal career either is very wrong

"Corbyn is a relic of days gone past. "

So did you prefare Tony Blair's labour party?

"Corbyn is a relic of days gone past. "

By that you mean a conviction politician and not a career politician

"Someone said the whip should be withdrawn in this issue. Isn't the whip by definition undemocratic? If an MP's job is to represent his constituents being told how to vote by they party, which may be against his constituents, must be wrong. It's either being controlled by others contrary to the electorate or ignoring them to further your personal career either is very wrong "

I think that is a full debate in its self

"Corbyn is a relic of days gone past.

By that you mean a conviction politician and not a career politician "

No just a yes or no

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"dithering about isn't the best position for any Politician and for any leader of a party it's only fuelling the opposition within their party to them..

His hands are tied...he may be the leader but he still has to tow the party line...put yourself in his shoes what could you do?"

get off the fence, either support one way or the other..

his arse must be splintered to smithereens..

His hands are tied...he may be the leader but he still has to tow the party line...put yourself in his shoes what could you do?

get off the fence, either support one way or the other..

his arse must be splintered to smithereens.."

His hands are tied...he may be the leader but he still has to tow the party line...put yourself in his shoes what could you do?"

Show a bit of backbone!

Show a bit of backbone! "

I don't know there are a few.....Teresa May is very quiet as well and all she is doing is towing Cameron's line

» Add a new message to this topic