FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > MMR Jab

MMR Jab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

got a letter from the docs today asking me to book an appointment to have my MMR jab!

thought they were for kids???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Cant remember having one as an adult but i have jabs for so many things i may have done

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

my bubba just had hers

my kids have had mmr but ive never had it

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i dont think the MMR was about when i was a kid but i am guessing i would have had the 3 seperate innoculations??

i rang my mum to ask ad she doenst fecking remember!!!!

"i dont think the MMR was about when i was a kid but i am guessing i would have had the 3 seperate innoculations??

i rang my mum to ask ad she doenst fecking remember!!!! "

Yer best get it done then.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes they where all seperate jabs when i was a kid, i remember going to have them done and the polio one as well that used to be given you on a sugarcube

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

There was a lot of debate about teh MMR being given as as single jab when it was even associated to causing autism at one point. I believe that is why it is now generally administered in separate jabs?

It's still ordinarily administered as a triple vaccine in one jab at the age of 1 and on starting primary school.

The nonsense about autism a few years back did public health in the UK a considerable amount of damage as some parents were scared into not giving their kids some or even any of the three components.

I sincerely hope it doesn't happen but I feel some of them will pay the price.

"There was a lot of debate about teh MMR being given as as single jab when it was even associated to causing autism at one point. I believe that is why it is now generally administered in separate jabs?"

Its NOT generally administered that way otherwise it wouldn't be called an MMR vaccination.

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"It's still ordinarily administered as a triple vaccine in one jab at the age of 1 and on starting primary school.

The nonsense about autism a few years back did public health in the UK a considerable amount of damage as some parents were scared into not giving their kids some or even any of the three components.

I sincerely hope it doesn't happen but I feel some of them will pay the price."

Me mammy always said she'd pefere a kid with autism than one who was extremely ill, or worse.

Any time there's a 'new' jab there's always going to be worries about side effects, the h1n1 was the same.

It's just the way of the world

I say go for it if the docs are recommending you get it, but if you're worried you can always talk to them about it first?

xAx

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Herd immunity,horrible term but there you go,needs the majority to be immunised.For some reason the doctor believes you have not been immunised.Therefore you could spread mumps measels or rubella.

» Add a new message to this topic