FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > North Korea

North Korea

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *horltz OP   Man  over a year ago

heysham

Just tested a hydrogen bomb , should we be concerned , or should we leave them to it ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A threat is made up of two parts: capability and intention.

Capability: At 10-20 kilotons I doubt it is an hydrogen bomb. Still big enough to ruin your day though, it is roughly the same size as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. Having a bomb is only part of the deal, you then have to get it to the target. So the parallel development of rockets is of concern. I think you will see them continue to develop rockets until the have something that can reach the United States. But unlikely to reach us here.

Intention: North Korea is a very insular and feudal society with almost no checks and balances coupled with an inexperienced leader quite happy to execute his nearest advisers, including family. I suspect he harbours a paranoid fear of the United States, so you cannot rule out an irrational decision to attack.

So in summary, something to be concerned about but not as worrying as China's artificial islands and naval expansion in the South China Sea, where you have a stand off between, China, Vietnam, Japan and the Philipinnes - The Latter two being backed by the US.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"A threat is made up of two parts: capability and intention.

Capability: At 10-20 kilotons I doubt it is an hydrogen bomb. Still big enough to ruin your day though, it is roughly the same size as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. Having a bomb is only part of the deal, you then have to get it to the target. So the parallel development of rockets is of concern. I think you will see them continue to develop rockets until the have something that can reach the United States. But unlikely to reach us here.

Intention: North Korea is a very insular and feudal society with almost no checks and balances coupled with an inexperienced leader quite happy to execute his nearest advisers, including family. I suspect he harbours a paranoid fear of the United States, so you cannot rule out an irrational decision to attack.

So in summary, something to be concerned about but not as worrying as China's artificial islands and naval expansion in the South China Sea, where you have a stand off between, China, Vietnam, Japan and the Philipinnes - The Latter two being backed by the US."

That's an interesting summary. Thanks.

By *horltz OP   Man  over a year ago

heysham

So in summary, something to be concerned about but not as worrying as China's artificial islands and naval expansion in the South China Sea, where you have a stand off between, China, Vietnam, Japan and the Philipinnes - The Latter two being backed by the US."

Very informative thank you , I just wonder sometimes , if we didn't antagonise such countries , would their even be a threat at all

"Just tested a hydrogen bomb , should we be concerned , or should we leave them to it ? "

I guess no one remembers France in 1995/1996

Chirac done severe damage in the South Pacific with its testing of 6 nuclear devices, each one larger than the last.

Paris agreed to a 10-year compensation package for French Polynesia to rectify some of the damage caused by the programme of nuclear testing but if you remember at the time, Chirac stuck two fingers up to the rest of the World

In 1999 Paris admitted that fractures had been discovered in the coral cone at the sites. The atolls continue to be monitored.

These were much larger, far greater tests than North Korea is doing right now

We all spit the dummy out when a country we dislike carries out tests but in reality Nuclear testing started again due to France in 1995.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Yes, the North Koreans have the bomb... but their missiles suck...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17399847

So in summary, something to be concerned about but not as worrying as China's artificial islands and naval expansion in the South China Sea, where you have a stand off between, China, Vietnam, Japan and the Philipinnes - The Latter two being backed by the US.

Very informative thank you , I just wonder sometimes , if we didn't antagonise such countries , would their even be a threat at all"

When was China antagonised? They are simply expansionist and cannot be trusted. On top of that just about anything with "made in China" on the label is likely to be inferior/fake or just plain unsafe..... I tend to avoid wherever possible. Best policy would be for everyone to do the same....

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

"Just tested a hydrogen bomb , should we be concerned , or should we leave them to it ?

Chirac done severe damage in the South Pacific with its testing of 6 nuclear devices, each one larger than the last.

Paris agreed to a 10-year compensation package for French Polynesia to rectify some of the damage caused by the programme of nuclear testing but if you remember at the time, Chirac stuck two fingers up to the rest of the World

In 1999 Paris admitted that fractures had been discovered in the coral cone at the sites. The atolls continue to be monitored.

We all spit the dummy out when a country we dislike carries out tests but in reality Nuclear testing started again due to France in 1995.

."

Not sure about comparing North Korea to France......

"Just tested a hydrogen bomb , should we be concerned , or should we leave them to it ?

Not sure about comparing North Korea to France......"

Why not? France led the way, just because you don't like North Korea doesn't mean they cannot follow the same path as France, India, Pakistan and others

Two years after France ended its nuclear tests, India and Pakistan confirmed themselves as nuclear powers by carrying out tit-for-tat nuclear tests.

North Korea announced in 2002 that it was reactivating a nuclear reactor and expelling international nuclear inspectors. It has also declared itself a nuclear power

as we say;

tit-for-tat

oh and by the way whilst the rest of the World condemned France, Britain was the only country to support them (yes us).

By *tacyTTV/TS  over a year ago

Rotherham

I heard the other day that they had executed someone by anti-aircraft gun. It's hard to know what to believe, even for N Korea that sounds a little extreme.

CANTERBURY

Why not? France led the way, just because you don't like North Korea doesn't mean they cannot follow the same path as France, India, Pakistan and others

Two years after France ended its nuclear tests, India and Pakistan confirmed themselves as nuclear powers by carrying out tit-for-tat nuclear tests.

North Korea announced in 2002 that it was reactivating a nuclear reactor and expelling international nuclear inspectors. It has also declared itself a nuclear power

as we say;

tit-for-tat

oh and by the way whilst the rest of the World condemned France, Britain was the only country to support them (yes us).

"

Why not?......because the leadership of the country is unstable morally, economically and diplomatically.... you seem to consider North Korea to be a responsible member of the world order and to be trusted with WMD technology.....please explain why you are supporting this regime?

Theyve just banned political jokes and any form of satire tone against gov.

What can you do really?

as we say;

tit-for-tat

Why not?......because the leadership of the country is unstable morally, economically and diplomatically.... you seem to consider North Korea to be a responsible member of the world order and to be trusted with WMD technology.....please explain why you are supporting this regime?"

I'm sorry Mark, you seem a bit confused with my comments, quite the contrary to what you suggest, I have never stated I support North Korea, infact quite the opposite, I definitely condone their actions; but what you do not understand is that other countries led the way for this whether you like it or not and France was at the front of the queue in 1995 when it restarted its testing program.

Yes North Korea is unstable, but you have to remember it is also technically still at war with the South.

If you recall it was subject to a massive bombing campaign mainly via U.S. forces whilst Soviets flew in defense of their communist allies.

So what if they are carrying out Nuclear Tests, we the U.K. have done so as have so many other countries.

In 1963 the UK, US, Soviet Union signed a treaty to refrain from testing nuclear weapons (apart from underground) again even then, the French said "Bollocks" to this and stuck up their middle finger.

A Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty has been made up, but even to this day it is still not in place.

We all know that North Korea may be a threat with nuclear Weapons, but if you recall only a few weeks ago (if you can remember)

It was Donald trump that said the only way he may be able to beat ISIS is to nuke them.

He also stated; Trump indicated that Japan and South Korea might need to obtain their own nuclear arsenal to protect themselves from North Korea and China if the U.S. is unable to defend them. “It’s a position that we have to talk about,” he said. “If the United States keeps on its path, its current path of weakness, they’re going to want to have that anyway with or without me discussing it, because I don’t think they feel very secure in what’s going on with our country.”

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Can anyone recommend any good swingers clubs in North Korea?

CANTERBURY

as we say;

tit-for-tat

Why not?......because the leadership of the country is unstable morally, economically and diplomatically.... you seem to consider North Korea to be a responsible member of the world order and to be trusted with WMD technology.....please explain why you are supporting this regime?

I'm sorry Mark, you seem a bit confused with my comments, quite the contrary to what you suggest, I have never stated I support North Korea, infact quite the opposite, I definitely condone their actions; but what you do not understand is that other countries led the way for this whether you like it or not and France was at the front of the queue in 1995 when it restarted its testing program.

Yes North Korea is unstable, but you have to remember it is also technically still at war with the South.

If you recall it was subject to a massive bombing campaign mainly via U.S. forces whilst Soviets flew in defense of their communist allies.

So what if they are carrying out Nuclear Tests, we the U.K. have done so as have so many other countries.

In 1963 the UK, US, Soviet Union signed a treaty to refrain from testing nuclear weapons (apart from underground) again even then, the French said "Bollocks" to this and stuck up their middle finger.

A Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty has been made up, but even to this day it is still not in place.

We all know that North Korea may be a threat with nuclear Weapons, but if you recall only a few weeks ago (if you can remember)

It was Donald trump that said the only way he may be able to beat ISIS is to nuke them.

He also stated; Trump indicated that Japan and South Korea might need to obtain their own nuclear arsenal to protect themselves from North Korea and China if the U.S. is unable to defend them. “It’s a position that we have to talk about,” he said. “If the United States keeps on its path, its current path of weakness, they’re going to want to have that anyway with or without me discussing it, because I don’t think they feel very secure in what’s going on with our country.”

"

So what you are saying is that you believe that two wrongs make a right?

as we say;

tit-for-tat

"

Jeez; there is no right

whilst the whole world continues to develop, build and store nuclear arsenal no one wins, we are all fighting a losing battle, We need the whole world to disarm from them, INCLUDING ourselves; until this is done every country will continue to develop them.

Strange enough, Scotland may lead the way on this if independence comes around as Scotland will be Nuke free, but until then, YOU and everyone else in the UK who pay taxes will continue to pay towards the development of new nuclear weapons. You are just as guilty because the taxes YOU pay are going towards the upgrade of Trident.

have a nice day now.

CANTERBURY

as we say;

tit-for-tat

Jeez; there is no right

whilst the whole world continues to develop, build and store nuclear arsenal no one wins, we are all fighting a losing battle, We need the whole world to disarm from them, INCLUDING ourselves; until this is done every country will continue to develop them.

Strange enough, Scotland may lead the way on this if independence comes around as Scotland will be Nuke free, but until then, YOU and everyone else in the UK who pay taxes will continue to pay towards the development of new nuclear weapons. You are just as guilty because the taxes YOU pay are going towards the upgrade of Trident.

have a nice day now. "

So I am guilty of nuclear proliferation?....Wow, this is an epiphany for me....all I did was to point out that a comment appears and still appears to give North Korea equal status to France (read the phrase "why not") ....wow.

Never mind, and have a nice day too....

no worries buddy, we are all paying to develop nuclear weapon, we are all supporting the cause.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Very informative thank you , I just wonder sometimes , if we didn't antagonise such countries , would their even be a threat at all

When was China antagonised? They are simply expansionist and cannot be trusted. On top of that just about anything with "made in China" on the label is likely to be inferior/fake or just plain unsafe..... I tend to avoid wherever possible. Best policy would be for everyone to do the same...."

Oh Shit! that's my fancy dancing shoes fucked then?

as we say;

tit-for-tat

Jeez; there is no right

have a nice day now. "

*shakes head at the naivety....

When was China antagonised? They are simply expansionist and cannot be trusted. On top of that just about anything with "made in China" on the label is likely to be inferior/fake or just plain unsafe..... I tend to avoid wherever possible. Best policy would be for everyone to do the same...."

Firstly, a British person calling China expansionist is pot calling the kettle black. Unlike most European powers, China never went around colonising other countries so learn your history before posting such nonsense.

Secondly, North Korea isn't feudal it's communist. All the land is owned by the state, none of it is given out to Lords who must support a leader in war. The state controls all the land and all the military.

Finally, North Korea isn't antagonised at all. It's a Dictatorship and dictators always claim they are under attack in order to justify repressing their citizen's. To answer the original question, no we don't need to worry about North Korea. It's a puppet state of China that exists purely to keep Americans off the Chinese border. If China wanted to shut down the regime it could do so in months.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Firstly, a British person calling China expansionist is pot calling the kettle black. "

Have you seen the map of all the countries the Britain has invaded?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9653497/British-have-invaded-nine-out-of-ten-countries-so-look-out-Luxembourg.html

"Firstly, a British person calling China expansionist is pot calling the kettle black.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9653497/British-have-invaded-nine-out-of-ten-countries-so-look-out-Luxembourg.html"

Can't believe we never took Sweden. I fucking hate Sweden.

"Firstly, a British person calling China expansionist is pot calling the kettle black.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9653497/British-have-invaded-nine-out-of-ten-countries-so-look-out-Luxembourg.html

Can't believe we never took Sweden. I fucking hate Sweden. "

Don't let shag hear you say that. xxx

"Firstly, a British person calling China expansionist is pot calling the kettle black."

Well I made no comment about motivations, I merely identified a flash point with a real prospect of a shooting war breaking out that could get out of hand and escalate.

"Unlike most European powers, China never went around colonising other countries so learn your history before posting such nonsense.

"

Clearly, you have not traveled to Africa recently, You cannot move for Chinese, who many believe are conducting economic imperialism to secure minerals and other natural resources.

Going back to my original point about capabilities, there is no doubt that the Chinese are expanding their military capabilities, especially in the area of blue water naval assets. Many believe that only makes sense if they want to be able to take on the US Navy.

"Secondly, North Korea isn't feudal it's communist. All the land is owned by the state, none of it is given out to Lords who must support a leader in war. The state controls all the land and all the military."

That is a bit semantic, in communist regimes power is devolved to local party committee chairmen, who to all practical purposes exercise power in a manner not dissimilar to a feudal lord.

"Finally, North Korea isn't antagonised at all. It's a Dictatorship and dictators always claim they are under attack in order to justify repressing their citizen's. To answer the original question, no we don't need to worry about North Korea. It's a puppet state of China that exists purely to keep Americans off the Chinese border. If China wanted to shut down the regime it could do so in months."

Maybe 30 years ago, not sure it is true today.

Breaking news! North Korea undergoing testing of new bombs!

Turns out Kim Jong un has found out about lush and is now covered in glitter and smells divine

"Breaking news! North Korea undergoing testing of new bombs!

Turns out Kim Jong un has found out about lush and is now covered in glitter and smells divine "

That's a completely wrong image

Well I made no comment about motivations, I merely identified a flash point with a real prospect of a shooting war breaking out that could get out of hand and escalate.

Unlike most European powers, China never went around colonising other countries so learn your history before posting such nonsense.

Clearly, you have not traveled to Africa recently, You cannot move for Chinese, who many believe are conducting economic imperialism to secure minerals and other natural resources.

Going back to my original point about capabilities, there is no doubt that the Chinese are expanding their military capabilities, especially in the area of blue water naval assets. Many believe that only makes sense if they want to be able to take on the US Navy.

Secondly, North Korea isn't feudal it's communist. All the land is owned by the state, none of it is given out to Lords who must support a leader in war. The state controls all the land and all the military.

That is a bit semantic, in communist regimes power is devolved to local party committee chairmen, who to all practical purposes exercise power in a manner not dissimilar to a feudal lord.

Finally, North Korea isn't antagonised at all. It's a Dictatorship and dictators always claim they are under attack in order to justify repressing their citizen's. To answer the original question, no we don't need to worry about North Korea. It's a puppet state of China that exists purely to keep Americans off the Chinese border. If China wanted to shut down the regime it could do so in months.

Maybe 30 years ago, not sure it is true today. "

Gosh this is funny! So "economic imperialism" - sorry what's they supposed to mean? It just sounds a lot like capitalism to me. Are they doing something unusual that other capitalists don't do?

It's also hilarious listening to people try and defend communism. North Korea is the only truly communist country left, it even describes itself as such. It's not even close to a feudal society which includes private property, power balanced with the nobility, surfs endeared to Lords.

This year China shut down the Internet in North Korea for 2 days, just as a bit of a "don't be a twat" message after they hacked Sony. There is not a single year that North Korea had ever produced enough food and goods for its population, it's entirely dependant on China just to feed itself and it doesn't even do that well. The Kim family started to lose its grip on power in the 90's famine, China bailed them out. Of all the countries in the world, Kim Jong Un hates China the most because of the power China exercises over them, you just won't read about it in the bleeding heart BBC.

They tested a ballistic missile yesterday, it flew east towards the sea of japan for about 500km (300 miles).

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple  over a year ago

Slough

A feudal system has an authority who owns the land, usually a king, and grants others the legal right to use that land for economic gain in exchange for favours, usually military support.

North Korea is a communist system whereby the party owns all the land, shares power with nobody, controls the military and all the means of production in the country.

Chalk and cheese really.

"Just tested a hydrogen bomb , should we be concerned , or should we leave them to it ? "

Where will our concern get us? For the most part our leaders act out of their own or their friends' interests. If it's in their interest to act, they will, if not, they won't. Concern of the man in the street isn't worth much politically.

Best just get back to shagging.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

send in the troops and a fleet of ships.

need to end it before they can fire nukes, also so it free the millions in forced labour camps, who are tortured, rap ed, murdered. most of the country is in poverty, only military/gov are looked after, all the rest they dont care about.

get rid of kim, then the country can rebuild with the worlds help.

"send in the troops and a fleet of ships.

need to end it before they can fire nukes, also so it free the millions in forced labour camps, who are tortured, rap ed, murdered. most of the country is in poverty, only military/gov are looked after, all the rest they dont care about.

get rid of kim, then the country can rebuild with the worlds help. "

That is easier said then done....remember castro? I think he died of natural causes but was around a long time to rattle everyone.

I remember listening to a climate change symposium and the response of a foreign politician from a emerging economy nation, who'd been posed a question asking what extra measure his government planned taking to reduce harmful emission....

His reply was simple.... he said when our people have all the things your people have achieved by producing years of harmful emissions, we'll take look and see extra we can do...

I guess some North Koreans might hold a similar view......

» Add a new message to this topic