FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bloody football fans fighting again !!

Bloody football fans fighting again !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rishman75 OP   Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

Why can't you yobs just get along ! I will never take my kids to a football match again after seen these tools fighting !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah.

It's really "hard man" to throw a plastic chair at someones fucking head.

By *rishman75 OP   Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

That is true ! This is why I've given up on football now

[Removed by poster at 26/10/16 22:12:42]

"That is true ! This is why I've given up on football now "

I haven't given up on it.

I love Southampton FC too much.

But I do find the fucktards who are hellbent on beating (or attempting to) beat people up just a tad tedious.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"That is true ! This is why I've given up on football now "

Finger on the pulse of something you're not interested in. Fair play for suffering in order to bring us this news.

"That is true ! This is why I've given up on football now

Finger on the pulse of something you're not interested in. Fair play for suffering in order to bring us this news."

inevitably it was West Ham hopefully ground closure should be in order

"inevitably it was West Ham hopefully ground closure should be in order"

They really need the book thrown at them.

That's twice in the last month now.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

most teams have a hardcore hooligan element that enjoy a tear up with the other teams hardcore hooligan element.. it's never gonna stop.. last time i went to a football match it was so boring i wish a fight had broken out..

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

you will never stop it they just born like it

"inevitably it was West Ham hopefully ground closure should be in order

That's twice in the last month now."

Yes attacking women and children from Middlesbrough also. Carrying knives... Really tough hooligans West Ham have produced

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

They really don't deserve the Olympic Stadium (London Stadium now). We've paid for it and now they're ruining it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"They really don't deserve the Olympic Stadium (London Stadium now). We've paid for it and now they're ruining it.

"

the decision to give them it stinks..

"They really don't deserve the Olympic Stadium (London Stadium now). We've paid for it and now they're ruining it.

the decision to give them it stinks.."

^ I agree.

They are paying fuck all for it.

It's a god-awful stadium for football matches though, you need Binoculars to see the ball. I'm not kidding either.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Are they dressed as clowns?

Best action West Ham seen all season

I hated going into the city last year when there were home games on (mainly due to traffic), I hate it even more now. All of a sudden these "born and bred" Leicester fans have appeared from nowhere, getting pissed up, smashing glass, walking on the ring road, chanting and starting brawls with the opposite team. I much preferred it when they weren't winning the league, traffic doesn't seem so bad after all .

By *ongtalljonMan  over a year ago

North Wales

My day job occasionally brings me into close proximity with football fans.

I never had much time for football, and my experiences of football fans does nothing to change that.

Football tear up is a good buzz for a lot of lads. As long as they not attacking normal fans and kids leave them to it.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"Football tear up is a good buzz for a lot of lads. As long as they not attacking normal fans and kids leave them to it."

What?

It's a fucking sporting event.

If people can be bothered wasting energy fighting with people who happen to like another football team, whilst all of the things that are actually worth fighting for, that if the fight is won might actually improve peoples lives exist, then they are a waste of oxygen.

"Football tear up is a good buzz for a lot of lads. As long as they not attacking normal fans and kids leave them to it."

But why should anyone have to witness it, kids included. I just think it's ridiculous that,supposedly grown men, would fight Over 22 men running around on a large field trying to kick a ball in a net.

There's a reason why football stadiums don't sell alcohol but rugby ones do... Maybe maturity

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Don't see why West Ham fans needed to get involved in any fights, they won the game against Chelsea tonight. Unless it was unhappy Chelsea fans who started the trouble?

"Don't see why West Ham fans needed to get involved in any fights, they won the game against Chelsea tonight. Unless it was unhappy Chelsea fans who started the trouble? "

Chelsea fans? Start trouble? They wouldn't do such a thing would they

"Don't see why West Ham fans needed to get involved in any fights, they won the game against Chelsea tonight. Unless it was unhappy Chelsea fans who started the trouble? "

There's been trouble at just about every West Ham home game this season. Good luck blaming Chelsea!

Newbury

"Football tear up is a good buzz for a lot of lads. As long as they not attacking normal fans and kids leave them to it.

But why should anyone have to witness it, kids included. I just think it's ridiculous that,supposedly grown men, would fight Over 22 men running around on a large field trying to kick a ball in a net.

There's a reason why football stadiums don't sell alcohol but rugby ones do... Maybe maturity "

Apparently, if you mention Rugby when this subject is brought up you are "one of the posh" and wouldn't understand "working class culture" (in spite of the fact that in my case I am a first and foremost a Rugby League fan who originally hails from that bastion of poshness, Salford). So maybe we could just limit it to "all other sports apart from football"...

There is a lot more to it.

It's the whole casual culture. It's really difficult to explain actually. For me the fashion was always for important than the violence.

It's a tribal thing I suppose.

Anyway football hooliganism is dead in this country, it's just a load of idiots throwing chairs and jumping up and down.

"Football tear up is a good buzz for a lot of lads. As long as they not attacking normal fans and kids leave them to it.

There's a reason why football stadiums don't sell alcohol but rugby ones do... Maybe maturity

Apparently, if you mention Rugby when this subject is brought up you are "one of the posh" and wouldn't understand "working class culture" (in spite of the fact that in my case I am a first and foremost a Rugby League fan who originally hails from that bastion of poshness, Salford). So maybe we could just limit it to "all other sports apart from football"..."

If that's the case, then maybe I was right... Maturity? I know more mature Working class people than I do middle class, mainly due to my background and who I associate with

But, all other sports? Like cricket?

North Wales

There's a reason why football stadiums don't sell alcohol but rugby ones do... Maybe maturity "

Football stadiums don't sell alcohol because the footy fans have total disregard for the law and have already got pissed up on the journey to the footy match even though consumption of alcohol is illegal on any journey to a footy match. Or for that matter, any sporting event.

Football grounds do sell alcohol (albeit watered down shite). But not on European nights for some reason.

Just not allowed to drink in the stands.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

New stadium, Greater capacity..

All the muppets they spent years banning and preventing from buying season tickets can now buy a ticket for a game for under £30.

That's pittance for a ticket to a game so you can go and spoil for everyone else..

They are just a bunch of idiots that give a team with a good and loyal fan base a really bad name.

"Football grounds do sell alcohol (albeit watered down shite). But not on European nights for some reason.

Just not allowed to drink in the stands."

If the club usually sells UEFA's official beer, it's OK. Otherwise, jog on.

Newbury

Apparently, if you mention Rugby when this subject is brought up you are "one of the posh" and wouldn't understand "working class culture" (in spite of the fact that in my case I am a first and foremost a Rugby League fan who originally hails from that bastion of poshness, Salford). So maybe we could just limit it to "all other sports apart from football"...

If that's the case, then maybe I was right... Maturity? I know more mature Working class people than I do middle class, mainly due to my background and who I associate with

But, all other sports? Like cricket?"

I mean that no sports apart from football have violent fans, really. The problem is almost unique to football (yes, I'm aware of isolated incidents of RL violence but it appears to be very quickly stamped on)

I mean that no sports apart from football have violent fans, really. The problem is almost unique to football (yes, I'm aware of isolated incidents of RL violence but it appears to be very quickly stamped on) "

Oh I see. Would be interesting to know where it all stemmed from. Obviously those football thug films don't make the situation improve, they make it look like the norm as people tend to ignore the severe consequences that can arise.

[Removed by poster at 27/10/16 00:00:44]

I mean that no sports apart from football have violent fans, really. The problem is almost unique to football (yes, I'm aware of isolated incidents of RL violence but it appears to be very quickly stamped on)

Oh I see. Would be interesting to know where it all stemmed from. Obviously those football thug films don't make the situation improve, they make it look like the norm as people tend to ignore the severe consequences that can arise."

Stemmed from a bunch of working class lads following their teams into different towns and city's having each others backs, dressing sharply and getting that adrenaline buzz. It's naturally in males I think. Mainifests itself in football.

North Wales

"Stemmed from a bunch of working class lads following their teams into different towns and city's having each others backs, dressing sharply and getting that adrenaline buzz. It's naturally in males I think. Mainifests itself in football."

Weren't the Kray twins just ordinary working class lads?

Dressing sharply in the latest weeks wage kit?

Adrenaline buzz? you mean, picking a fight, getting fists out? War, like a man! ???

I reckon that football fans are males who have read a few reviews of 50 shades and think that being a Dom is all about telling yer bitch not to burn the toast.

"

Stemmed from a bunch of working class lads following their teams into different towns and city's having each others backs, dressing sharply and getting that adrenaline buzz. It's naturally in males I think. Mainifests itself in football.

Adrenaline buzz? you mean, picking a fight, getting fists out? War, like a man! ???

I reckon that football fans are males who have read a few reviews of 50 shades and think that being a Dom is all about telling yer bitch not to burn the toast."

With the greatest respect sir, you just don't get it and never will, and I totally understand your point of view. You just see it as people picking fights.

Latest kit

North Wales

"

I reckon that football fans are males who have read a few reviews of 50 shades and think that being a Dom is all about telling yer bitch not to burn the toast.

With the greatest respect sir, you just don't get it and never will, and I totally understand your point of view. You just see it as people picking fights.

Latest kit "

Nah, I just think that the average footy fan spends 20 quid or so on the latest tickets, 30 quid or so on the latest kit, 2o quid or so on the coach travel and 30 quid or so on Carling or Fosters on matchday.

For the same 100 quid that yous spend on watching your club getting fucked, I can go to my local swingers club 4 times to watch your wife getting fucked.

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

"

Latest kit

Nah, I just think that the average footy fan spends 20 quid or so on the latest tickets, 30 quid or so on the latest kit, 2o quid or so on the coach travel and 30 quid or so on Carling or Fosters on matchday.

For the same 100 quid that yous spend on watching your club getting fucked, I can go to my local swingers club 4 times to watch your wife getting fucked. "

I know which one l'd prefer and I am the wife ....we go to home games and PL2 games, we pay peanuts for tickets, get the bus there and don't drink ... plus its much more fun than I've ever had at a swinging club ... with the exception of one which isn't in operation anymore.

Hatred for other teams is passed down through generations. It's sad and sickeningly pathetic to hear, and read, grown men spew bile about other teams' supporters, with so much hatred.

SW London

I don't get this 'bloody football fans' nonsense when the same newspapers are running headlines on the 'bloody swingers' .... can they be so right across about one group of people and so wrong about another?

This is one of the reasons why I can't stand European football. Why kick off Over a game? It makes no sense! I'm a big NFL fan and the difference of atmosphere is a lot different to the football we have over here. Violence between sports fans is just stupid imho

Apparently, if you mention Rugby when this subject is brought up you are "one of the posh" and wouldn't understand "working class culture" (in spite of the fact that in my case I am a first and foremost a Rugby League fan who originally hails from that bastion of poshness, Salford). So maybe we could just limit it to "all other sports apart from football"..."

Before I start let me say that football hooligans are idiots and I'll never make any excuse for them, they're a plague.

However before we get all righteous about rugby there is a double standard here. Some of the things I've seen on an actual rugby pitch (union and league) would get you locked up on a Saturday night, or on a football terrace.

By *hiterabbit6Couple  over a year ago

Sexytown, Moray

I was on the tube at 3.30 this afternoon and there was a father a his son, obviously going to the match and the father talked about was violence, the son asked would the Chelsea fans be tough and the father just said about how spurs threw bottles at them last year and couldn't be worse.... the boy was no more than 10 I would say....

"Why can't you yobs just get along ! I will never take my kids to a football match again after seen these tools fighting !"

Never? Any football match anywhere?

They were fighting at the rugby t'other week as well ..

Recent crowd violence at rugby league game :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3512687/Fight-breaks-rugby-league-match-players-jump-crowd-protect-wives-children-squashed-fans.html

Recent crowd violence at a rugby union game :

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/09/26/friday-night-crowd-fracas-at-bristol-is-latest-example-of-rugbys/amp/

Most teams have a hardcore group of hooligans that arrange fights with rivals way from the ground and you would be surprised how organised it is.

But trouble at the ground itself should result in home matches being played behind closed doors, as for West Ham I would say one more incident at the stadium and they are evicted; which would leave them without anywhere to play and quite possibly out of the league

"

Latest kit "

It is picking fights. It is violence. It is not "natural" male behaviour in a civilised society.

No, I do not get it and there is no explanation for it that will ever make it justifiable.

Just remember - 8% of football fans said they would stop supporting their favourite team if a player came out as gay.

Violent *and* homophobic! Yay!

"Most teams have a hardcore group of hooligans that arrange fights with rivals way from the ground and you would be surprised how organised it is.

But trouble at the ground itself should result in home matches being played behind closed doors, as for West Ham I would say one more incident at the stadium and they are evicted; which would leave them without anywhere to play and quite possibly out of the league"

I think a lot of West Ham fans want out of that ground anyway, so I think that could be a factor of why this is happening often there.

"Just remember - 8% of football fans said they would stop supporting their favourite team if a player came out as gay.

Violent *and* homophobic! Yay!"

I don't think that's true. However I do think the abuse they would get makes the mthink it's not worth it.

It's not that most fans are homophobic, it's just that fans seem to think any kind abuse is acceptable when at a football game.

"Just remember - 8% of football fans said they would stop supporting their favourite team if a player came out as gay.

I follow football and I'm neither. Go figure!

I don't think that's true. However I do think the abuse they would get makes the mthink it's not worth it.

It's not that most fans are homophobic, it's just that fans seem to think any kind abuse is acceptable when at a football game. "

Actually, in a survey by Radio 5 Live 8% of those surveyed admitted kt.

[Removed by poster at 27/10/16 08:54:09]

It's not that most fans are homophobic, it's just that fans seem to think any kind abuse is acceptable when at a football game.

Actually, in a survey by Radio 5 Live 8% of those surveyed admitted kt."

I'm quite surprised by that.

Actually, in a survey by Radio 5 Live 8% of those surveyed admitted kt.

I'm quite surprised by that."

I am not.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Why can't you yobs just get along ! I will never take my kids to a football match again after seen these tools fighting !"

Just be selective where you sit and which games you take them to(99% are fine) thousands of kids go to games each week and enjoy the experience.

That game combined with a midweek evening k.off was always going to be high risk

I've never seen any violence at any of the football games I've been to.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

The hooligan scenes in the grounds I visited of the 70's / 80's were I thought a thing of the past ... Segregation better policing stewarding cctv etc seemed to have prevented it happening at the grounds , I'm not naive enough to think it had been eradicated Id hazzard a guess that the trouble had merely moved to areas away from the grounds.

It seems that the stadium isn't at the moment "up to scratch" in football terms to prevent these tossers causing trouble in the ground ..

Hopefully that'll be sorted quickly and then the football fans can go watch the mat h safely .

Rugby fans are real men like the players..

And they don't spit every 5 minutes

"New stadium, Greater capacity..

All the muppets they spent years banning and preventing from buying season tickets can now buy a ticket for a game for under £30.

That's pittance for a ticket to a game so you can go and spoil for everyone else..

They are just a bunch of idiots that give a team with a good and loyal fan base a really bad name."

"I hated going into the city last year when there were home games on (mainly due to traffic), I hate it even more now. All of a sudden these "born and bred" Leicester fans have appeared from nowhere, getting pissed up, smashing glass, walking on the ring road, chanting and starting brawls with the opposite team. I much preferred it when they weren't winning the league, traffic doesn't seem so bad after all ."

Im a sth and i have never seen that even on the long walk home. I have seen away fans start fights though.

King Power stadium sells alcohol.

That probably applicable to 8% of people in any study.

"Football grounds do sell alcohol (albeit watered down shite). But not on European nights for some reason.

Just not allowed to drink in the stands."

"I don't get this 'bloody football fans' nonsense when the same newspapers are running headlines on the 'bloody swingers' .... can they be so right across about one group of people and so wrong about another?"

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

"

Football grounds DO sell alcohol, however depending on the demographic and reputation of the visiting supporters the decision is sometimes made to limit sales to away supporters, which in itself can cause problems

Consumption of alcohol on transport on way to designated games is illegal however is very rarely stopped by coach operators only time anything happens is if police stop coaches or BTP are onboard the trains

As for other sports, have witnessed violence at rugby league games on a large scale including use of smoke bombs and bottles / coins being thrown, also at cricket matches when too much booze has been consumed , or when football rivalries have spilled over into another sports

I follow football and I'm neither. Go figure!"

Me too

Most football fans dont cause trouble. Its a small minority that does.

Im a sth at leicester, the only trouble i have seen in recent years is from the away fans and aimed at the police.

I have witnessed fan violence as rugby fans leave the stadium (never watched a game live so cant comment on what happens in the ground) i have also witnessed trouble at cricket grounds.

"I hated going into the city last year when there were home games on (mainly due to traffic), I hate it even more now. All of a sudden these "born and bred" Leicester fans have appeared from nowhere, getting pissed up, smashing glass, walking on the ring road, chanting and starting brawls with the opposite team. I much preferred it when they weren't winning the league, traffic doesn't seem so bad after all .

Im a sth and i have never seen that even on the long walk home. I have seen away fans start fights though."

I was in the city on Saturday as I had an appointment at 5. I had time to kill so nipped to the pound stretcher (unaware there was a game on), when I came out the supporters had started to leave the stadium, walking anywhere and everywhere whilst chanting, oblivious to the cars about.

When I had finished at my appointment (around 6pm) I was driving home and the pubs I drove past were rammed with pissed up Leicester fans, they were throwing glass about, getting in people's faces and shouting at them, no idea who the other people were but there was no need for it.

I was just glad I didn't have my kids with me, really inappropriate and such a selfish act, no consideration for others around.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Easy solution ban football, then you won't have any football hooligans.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

As I am a sth at old Trafford I have seen a bit of livelyness over the years

I'm the fighting that occurred last night is typical of crap stuarding between two London rivals in a ground that is completely not fit to separate rivals

At Ot last night there was no fighting in the ground (though the blue lot did smash our toilets up) and a few scuffles on tram but just handbags - no more than a fight on a Saturday night

The worst trouble I saw was in France in euros due the Russians - I never thought I would see that.

Most of us genuine football fans are decent

I've got a bad feeling about Spurs' visit (not sure of date).....there's alot of bad blood between them...lets hope the police are as aware.

harrow

"I've got a bad feeling about Spurs' visit (not sure of date).....there's alot of bad blood between them...lets hope the police are as aware."

Yeah that will be lively and when our lot go (mufc) we always take a fair croud to West Ham and especially after last season

"I hated going into the city last year when there were home games on (mainly due to traffic), I hate it even more now. All of a sudden these "born and bred" Leicester fans have appeared from nowhere, getting pissed up, smashing glass, walking on the ring road, chanting and starting brawls with the opposite team. I much preferred it when they weren't winning the league, traffic doesn't seem so bad after all .

Im a sth and i have never seen that even on the long walk home. I have seen away fans start fights though.

I was in the city on Saturday as I had an appointment at 5. I had time to kill so nipped to the pound stretcher (unaware there was a game on), when I came out the supporters had started to leave the stadium, walking anywhere and everywhere whilst chanting, oblivious to the cars about.

When I had finished at my appointment (around 6pm) I was driving home and the pubs I drove past were rammed with pissed up Leicester fans, they were throwing glass about, getting in people's faces and shouting at them, no idea who the other people were but there was no need for it.

I was just glad I didn't have my kids with me, really inappropriate and such a selfish act, no consideration for others around."

Well i had the opposite experience on saturday.

However those who misbehave at any game are not actually football fans. They may call themselves that but in reality they are hooligans.

Im a football fan. I dont behave like that.

"As I am a sth at old Trafford I have seen a bit of livelyness over the years

I'm the fighting that occurred last night is typical of crap stuarding between two London rivals in a ground that is completely not fit to separate rivals

At Ot last night there was no fighting in the ground (though the blue lot did smash our toilets up) and a few scuffles on tram but just handbags - no more than a fight on a Saturday night

The worst trouble I saw was in France in euros due the Russians - I never thought I would see that.

Most of us genuine football fans are decent "

Hence why I follow rugby - the only sport where you can sit next to supporters of the opposing team in the same stand, have a beer or two and have some jolly good banter!

"

At Ot last night there was no fighting in the ground (though the blue lot did smash our toilets up) and a few scuffles on tram but just handbags - no more than a fight on a Saturday night...

Most of us genuine football fans are decent "

Ah, I am relieved. Civilised fighting and vandalism. A few scuffles. Criminal damage. No more than a fight on a Saturday night.

Just for a moment, I thought that perhaps some unacceptable behaviour had taken place but you have put my mind at rest. Decent people, clearly.

It's possibly that football as the most popular sport is always going to be more visible when violence is the case.

If in some magic scenario football was banned the thug and hooligan element would simply find something else as an outlet for their behaviour.

SW London

Eight per cent is hardly representative of all...

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

Football stadiums don't sell alcohol because the footy fans have total disregard for the law and have already got pissed up on the journey to the footy match even though consumption of alcohol is illegal on any journey to a footy match. Or for that matter, any sporting event."

It's easy to blame alcohol for the behaviour , I go to twickers and the millennium stadium regularly to watch rugby union matches ( I'm as far away from posh as is possible ) the majority of fans/spectators drink before during and after , infact in the main it's a piss up with numbers in the tens of thousands , and never in my experience have I ever seen any thuggery

They are mostly thugs, but one said this could be the return of the dark days with hooliganism.

I was just glad I didn't have my kids with me, really inappropriate and such a selfish act, no consideration for others around.

Well i had the opposite experience on saturday.

However those who misbehave at any game are not actually football fans. They may call themselves that but in reality they are hooligans.

Im a football fan. I dont behave like that. "

Oh I didn't mean all behave this way, I'm fully aware they don't. But those that do are the ones that give the club the bad name. That's why in my original comment I stated these so called born and bred Leicester fans, because they're more interested in the fact that Leicester won the league when last year they probably supported Man.U, Chelsea, Liverpool or whoever.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

but they will quite happily watch convicted killers and wife beaters laughable

By *epper123Woman  over a year ago

London

Violent *and* homophobic! Yay!but they will quite happily watch convicted killers and wife beaters laughable "

I have never watched one ... I go to watch the football. You paint all footballers and their fans as something extraordinary .... do you know any footballers?

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Football stadiums don't sell alcohol because the footy fans have total disregard for the law and have already got pissed up on the journey to the footy match even though consumption of alcohol is illegal on any journey to a footy match. Or for that matter, any sporting event.

It's easy to blame alcohol for the behaviour , I go to twickers and the millennium stadium regularly to watch rugby union matches ( I'm as far away from posh as is possible ) the majority of fans/spectators drink before during and after , infact in the main it's a piss up with numbers in the tens of thousands , and never in my experience have I ever seen any thuggery "

I used to be a committed Rugby fan - I've been to over 80 Wales internationals and followed the Lions abroad.

I've stopped going to the Millennium Stadium because I find it a soulless, depressing experience. The fact that drinking goes on during the game is a big factor. Unfortunately a significant minority seem more concerned with getting beers and getting smashed than the game.

I've seen plenty of violent incidents at rugby games. In fairness, it's sporadic and isolated in terms of the numbers involved, but it does happen. It was happening in the 80s too.

Regarding last night's game, it looks to me like the stadium layout isn't helping - that open concourse above the seating looks a real nightmare to control.

Football stadiums don't sell alcohol because the footy fans have total disregard for the law and have already got pissed up on the journey to the footy match even though consumption of alcohol is illegal on any journey to a footy match. Or for that matter, any sporting event."

where the fuck do you get that football stadiums do not sell alcohol..whoever is feeding you this shit deserves flogging,rugby fans are stupid enough to pay 6 quid a pint in Twickers and a fiver a pint around the area surrounding FYI you can drink for two hours before a football game in the stadium... Now get back to your shopping on a Saturday and your stupid expression of oh no there's a game on when your stuck on your car in a j as your stupid and clueless to plan ahead or have any local knowledge of your own city

By *ightfall79Man  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

Every football stadium I have been to has sold alcohol , then you have the pubs surrounding the stadium which sell alcohol.

Not all football fans who drink before a match then go on to start fighting.

Wait Till new year's eve Rangers v Celtic you will have fans drinking from 8am on the day if the match to probably 8am the next day. Will put a bet on that there is less than 100 arrests in Glasgow area related to football and alcohol consumption.

"Why can't you yobs just get along ! I will never take my kids to a football match again after seen these tools fighting !

Hence why I follow rugby - the only sport where you can sit next to supporters of the opposing team in the same stand, have a beer or two and have some jolly good banter!"

yeah the only sport apart from cricket hockey tennis wrestling boxing netball and many others you did not even bother to thunk about,easier to bash the footer followers.. Rugby gets very small crowds and is a complete bore to watch.

Football stadiums don't sell alcohol because the footy fans have total disregard for the law and have already got pissed up on the journey to the footy match even though consumption of alcohol is illegal on any journey to a footy match. Or for that matter, any sporting event.where the fuck do you get that football stadiums do not sell alcohol..whoever is feeding you this shit deserves flogging,rugby fans are stupid enough to pay 6 quid a pint in Twickers and a fiver a pint around the area surrounding FYI you can drink for two hours before a football game in the stadium... Now get back to your shopping on a Saturday and your stupid expression of oh no there's a game on when your stuck on your car in a j as your stupid and clueless to plan ahead or have any local knowledge of your own city "

Wow! Excellent level of maturity there great way to speak to someone that you don't even know.

"Every football stadium I have been to has sold alcohol , then you have the pubs surrounding the stadium which sell alcohol.

Wait Till new year's eve Rangers v Celtic you will have fans drinking from 8am on the day if the match to probably 8am the next day. Will put a bet on that there is less than 100 arrests in Glasgow area related to football and alcohol consumption."

I went to Everton last year and there was no one in the stadium drinking, yes plenty pubs nearby, I'm not going to argue that.

I just don't understand the need for rivalry over football teams, a pub near the stadium refused to let in customers as they were wearing the opposite team kit, even those with children. Really don't understand how people can't get along, when it's not a game day/night many don't care who others support, in fact they mock and joke about it to each other; yet when there's a match on its like they're enemies.

what the fuck has that statement got to do with this thread...ask at a rugby game you will prob get... 8 per cent,people are people regardless of the sport they follow,threads got fuck all to do with homophobia

Football stadiums don't sell alcohol because the footy fans have total disregard for the law and have already got pissed up on the journey to the footy match even though consumption of alcohol is illegal on any journey to a footy match. Or for that matter, any sporting event.where the fuck do you get that football stadiums do not sell alcohol..whoever is feeding you this shit deserves flogging,rugby fans are stupid enough to pay 6 quid a pint in Twickers and a fiver a pint around the area surrounding FYI you can drink for two hours before a football game in the stadium... Now get back to your shopping on a Saturday and your stupid expression of oh no there's a game on when your stuck on your car in a j as your stupid and clueless to plan ahead or have any local knowledge of your own city

Wow! Excellent level of maturity there great way to speak to someone that you don't even know. "

I find your comments flawed and crass towards individuals you know nothing about, just for being law abiding football fans, the thuggery aspect you choose to overlook as the crowd gets in the way of your day at the shops....

Dunbartonshire

"Every football stadium I have been to has sold alcohol , then you have the pubs surrounding the stadium which sell alcohol.

Wait Till new year's eve Rangers v Celtic you will have fans drinking from 8am on the day if the match to probably 8am the next day. Will put a bet on that there is less than 100 arrests in Glasgow area related to football and alcohol consumption.

I went to Everton last year and there was no one in the stadium drinking, yes plenty pubs nearby, I'm not going to argue that.

I just don't understand the need for rivalry over football teams, a pub near the stadium refused to let in customers as they were wearing the opposite team kit, even those with children. Really don't understand how people can't get along, when it's not a game day/night many don't care who others support, in fact they mock and joke about it to each other; yet when there's a match on its like they're enemies. "

I agree with last part I have mates who are Rangers fans and have banter with. Come Celtic v Rangers then that goes out the window , not that we fight but there is things said that wouldn't normally be said.

However after the match it is back to sitting down and drinking together again.

I just don't understand the need for rivalry over football teams, a pub near the stadium refused to let in customers as they were wearing the opposite team kit, even those with children. Really don't understand how people can't get along, when it's not a game day/night many don't care who others support, in fact they mock and joke about it to each other; yet when there's a match on its like they're enemies. "

I've been to Everton more times than enough...yes they do drink in the stadium.. On the concourse under the seating or did you not notice the bars in the ground or the corporate hospitality.. We're they served horlics

My day at the shops? I think you need to read posts properly before making snide remarks.

I think I know enough to say that fighting over a football game is pathetic, I never claimed all fans done it, I never stated the majority did; I was purely making my comments to those that do.

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Last weekend in scotland a 10yr old lad on his way to his first rangers match was bottled in the face .

Dunbartonshire

"Last weekend in scotland a 10yr old lad on his way to his first rangers match was bottled in the face . "

Not quite no . A bottle was thrown and gashed his head open.

Homophobia, sexism, corruption, violence, multiple deaths, gladiatorial conflict - why does football still exist in the 21st century?

"Homophobia, sexism, corruption, violence, multiple deaths, gladiatorial conflict - why does football still exist in the 21st century?"

Because it brings in money, as people are foolish enough to pay it.

"Homophobia, sexism, corruption, violence, multiple deaths, gladiatorial conflict - why does football still exist in the 21st century?

Because it brings in money, as people are foolish enough to pay it."

omg...we're all fools now

Dunbartonshire

"Homophobia, sexism, corruption, violence, multiple deaths, gladiatorial conflict - why does football still exist in the 21st century?"

Biggest money spinner in all sports bar NFL. Just look at Barcelona v Manchester Utd in USA during preseason. £100 a ticket and every ticket sold out.

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

They should ban the clubs from playing the next two matches it might make fans think twice and that stadium was not build for mindless people to fight have some respect please.

"Homophobia, sexism, corruption, violence, multiple deaths, gladiatorial conflict - why does football still exist in the 21st century?

Because it brings in money, as people are foolish enough to pay it.omg...we're all fools now "

No dear, foolish, not a fool, foolish. Yes I do think people are, for many reasons including all those listed above. But I understand that some people like going for the atmosphere and dont get involved in all of the above, but some do and it's those that ruin it for everyone else.

Do you get out much lol...gladiatorial conflict lol,heard it all now, religion causes more deaths than football

At our ground 50000 go to each game...how many are killed violently in a season...Erm none

Man utd..75000 a game..deaths...none

Arsenal 60000 a game..deaths per season none

Can you sort of see how silly your post is looking now?

SW London

What does this say about footballers ....ii have footballers in my family, so be careful please ...

They all exist outside of football too.

By *icassolifelikeMan  over a year ago

Luton

Never get this at Twickers!

Usually get both sets of fans getting hooped together!

"

Brexisim brings it out in them.

"Never get this at Twickers!

Usually get both sets of fans getting hooped together! "

Ask any fans that come to Newcastle if they get any bother..violent confrontation.. Homophobia.. Etc etc, they drink in the bars with us real men. Real fans and love it and don't have to suffer watching a rugby game for the privilege

Usually get both sets of fans getting hooped together! "

That's what I thought, but apparently I'm wrong and the rugby fans are just as bad.

By *icassolifelikeMan  over a year ago

Luton

Usually get both sets of fans getting hooped together! Ask any fans that come to Newcastle if they get any bother..violent confrontation.. Homophobia.. Etc etc, they drink in the bars with us real men. Real fans and love it and don't have to suffer watching a rugby game for the privilege "

Na, I prefer it down south. Thanks though

Usually get both sets of fans getting hooped together! Ask any fans that come to Newcastle if they get any bother..violent confrontation.. Homophobia.. Etc etc, they drink in the bars with us real men. Real fans and love it and don't have to suffer watching a rugby game for the privilege "

Where I stated fans were getting turned away from a pub at Everton, it was actually Newcastle fans. Shame all places can't be as welcoming as Newcastle, if what you say is accurate.

Newbury

Gladatorial conflict? Presumably mean off the pitch - football is almost a non-contact sport these days.

Newbury

Usually get both sets of fans getting hooped together!

That's what I thought, but apparently I'm wrong and the rugby fans are just as bad. "

Not really. You get occasional incidents in rugby, but the way that the game reacts to it is very different. In the 80s, some people tried to bring the hooliganism thing to Rugby League and it was very quickly stamped on. The feeling is very much that Rugby is a family game in both codes.

"Homophobia, sexism, corruption, violence, multiple deaths, gladiatorial conflict - why does football still exist in the 21st century?Do you get out much lol...gladiatorial conflict lol,heard it all now, religion causes more deaths than football

At our ground 50000 go to each game...how many are killed violently in a season...Erm none

Can you sort of see how silly your post is looking now? "

"Multiple deaths" would include Hillsborough, or don't you give a shit about them because they're an opposing club? How much do you pay to go and watch brain-dead young men kicking a ball about? As the old saying goes - "a fuckwit and their money are easily parted"

My head hurts.

/This thread.

SW London

"Homophobia, sexism, corruption, violence, multiple deaths, gladiatorial conflict - why does football still exist in the 21st century?Do you get out much lol...gladiatorial conflict lol,heard it all now, religion causes more deaths than football

"Multiple deaths" would include Hillsborough, or don't you give a shit about them because they're an opposing club? How much do you pay to go and watch brain-dead young men kicking a ball about? As the old saying goes - "a fuckwit and their money are easily parted" "

Are you sure all the young men are brain dead? I know lots of them from many teams, as we have family in the game. They rent brain dead and they are paying taxes ....

football, beer and above all gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. to keep them in control was not difficult.

George Orwell.

Newbury

"football, beer and above all gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. to keep them in control was not difficult.

George Orwell. "

I was going to go with "Bread and circuses"...

"football, beer and above all gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. to keep them in control was not difficult.

George Orwell.

I was going to go with "Bread and circuses"... "

going back a little further than me

same point though

carrbrook stalybridge

"Multiple deaths" would include Hillsborough, or don't you give a shit about them because they're an opposing club? How much do you pay to go and watch brain-dead young men kicking a ball about? As the old saying goes - "a fuckwit and their money are easily parted" "

so earning £8k a week untill your 32 then retiring in a position that you don't have to work ever again is "brain dead " ? Yeah ok carry on with your crappy 9-5,till your 65 or is that 67 now so you can retire and enjoy your pension who's the brain dad one then ?

Dunbartonshire

A footballers brain is probably more switched on over 90 mins than most people's brains are in a whole day.

Not all about just kicking a ball about , having to decide where to be before the ball is played , watching the player you are marking it who is marking you.

At the same time as this the body is going through all sorts. Try running 16km and being switched on at the same time.

Did a tour at the old Wembley many years ago where the question of hooligans in the stadium was asked ?

One answer from an older guy was too electrify the areas of the ground and shock everyone in that area !!!

Radical but would get people to self police their area !!! Lol

The security within most grounds usually cope with anything in the ground or the police step in !

A friend does it on match days and has fans from the opposition that he knows after doing it for years and he has a great time with the banter both ways that he gives and gets !

And has been asked by fans to get someone from their own supporters out before they give all the fans a bad reputation? Self policing ?

carrbrook stalybridge

and maybe instead of concentrating on the tiny minority who fought at one game maybe we should concentrate on all the games where there were no incidents fans watched the game and enjoyed themselves

"and maybe instead of concentrating on the tiny minority who fought at one game maybe we should concentrate on all the games where there were no incidents fans watched the game and enjoyed themselves"

Gosh where is all this happening? Sounds exciting and far much more fun than at my team where it's a good day out where families of all ages and large numbers of women are encouraged and indeed come en masse, you have some good banter with your friends, a friendly social mix in the pubs beforehand where fans of the 'rival' teams drink alongside each other with no trouble whatsoever....

Where's all the gladiatorial conflict and deaths? Sounds like I've missed it all..

"That is true ! This is why I've given up on football now

Finger on the pulse of something you're not interested in. Fair play for suffering in order to bring us this news. inevitably it was West Ham hopefully ground closure should be in order"

That needs to be the kind of punishment....next three home games played behind closed doors! No TV coverage either....they would miss that money more...then maybe the club would take it seriously.

Having reviewed the footage available it seems there was a lot of pushing chanting and throwing odd objects.

On YouTube watch fans of Besiktas Fenerbace and Galatasaray

The above was hardly Russia v England now was it. Yet the media portrayed it as world war 3

Most of what happened wouldn't even technically be classed as a criminal offence. Most, not all.

"Having reviewed the footage available it seems there was a lot of pushing chanting and throwing odd objects.

The above was hardly Russia v England now was it. Yet the media portrayed it as world war 3

Most of what happened wouldn't even technically be classed as a criminal offence. Most, not all. "

"Throwing odd objects?"

Like chairs. Like coins which hit an 8 year old girl.

Perfectly excusable behaviour.

harrow

"

At Ot last night there was no fighting in the ground (though the blue lot did smash our toilets up) and a few scuffles on tram but just handbags - no more than a fight on a Saturday night...

Ah, I am relieved. Civilised fighting and vandalism. A few scuffles. Criminal damage. No more than a fight on a Saturday night.

Just for a moment, I thought that perhaps some unacceptable behaviour had taken place but you have put my mind at rest. Decent people, clearly."

Can I jut statistically there is more arrests on a Saturday night city centre than there is at a football match 85 arrests for mufc fans over a season (2015 numbers) assuming a 40 week season so that's just 2.5 arrests per game - please tell me what city centre has that arrest rate - none

The smashing of toilets was well out of order and that was what my post suggested, and I know our fans have done it in the past and I would say the same well out of order.

When there was the challenge cup at old Trafford there was more ejections than there would be at a normal football league game - confirmed by a member of stewards

If you look at my post I said most - in 2015 over the season in premier league 772 arrests which is 760 games over a season so less than 1 arrests say per 10000 people

Now please tell me that all football fans are bad!!!!

These are based on 2015 numbers by the way

harrow

If you moaning about the trouble nowadays then god knows what you would say about 70s and 80s

Yes I am ranting about this - mainly because I get pissed of with being tarred with the holigan brush. I have only once been involved in a football related argument - I was hit for just wearing my teams colours when I was at uni

I am more than happy to discuss this in detail. I would say reading the comments it appears a lot more people need educating on this subjectb

in Lancashire

"Having reviewed the footage available it seems there was a lot of pushing chanting and throwing odd objects.

Most of what happened wouldn't even technically be classed as a criminal offence. Most, not all. "

look on the BBC London's news for this albeit by a minorities thuggish behaviour..

there's a guy with his cheek split open just by his eye..

that is ABH in anyone's book..

West Ham are talking about 200 that they are looking to ban, not sure what Chelsea have said but that amount of fuckwits if not kept apart as they were has the potential to hurt people..

needs sorting not making excuses or comparing it to where or whenever..

By *rSuave88Man  over a year ago

Mirfield

1 match has trouble out of hundreds that take place every weekend and throughout the week and all of a sudden your never attending one again?

Fickle comes to mind

in Lancashire

"1 match has trouble out of hundreds that take place every weekend and throughout the week and all of a sudden your never attending one again?

Fickle comes to mind"

if you 'hit' reply in forum and quote then those you are referring to will know m8..

harrow

"1 match has trouble out of hundreds that take place every weekend and throughout the week and all of a sudden your never attending one again?

Fickle comes to mind"

Agreed TBH whennthe draw was announced i said to West Ham and Chelsea friends oooo that would be lively - it was going to be lively even where the teams were at Upton Park

So I guess the op is not going to a pub ever again

"

Just for a moment, I thought that perhaps some unacceptable behaviour had taken place but you have put my mind at rest. Decent people, clearly.

Can I jut statistically there is more arrests on a Saturday night city centre than there is at a football match 85 arrests for mufc fans over a season (2015 numbers) assuming a 40 week season so that's just 2.5 arrests per game - please tell me what city centre has that arrest rate - none

The smashing of toilets was well out of order and that was what my post suggested, and I know our fans have done it in the past and I would say the same well out of order.

When there was the challenge cup at old Trafford there was more ejections than there would be at a normal football league game - confirmed by a member of stewards

If you look at my post I said most - in 2015 over the season in premier league 772 arrests which is 760 games over a season so less than 1 arrests say per 10000 people

These are based on 2015 numbers by the way "

Did I ever say that all football fans are bad? No.

But anyone who tries to play down criminal behaviour and anyone who engages in it is despicable.

Surely, any violent behaviour is unacceptable.

harrow

"

But anyone who tries to play down criminal behaviour and anyone who engages in it is despicable.

Surely, any violent behaviour is unacceptable."

i am not playing down criminal behavior at all - far from it. I am saying that what happened at West Ham was the worst fighting at high profile game we have seen in this country for a while. Most games occur with minimal arrests or criminal behaviour

So by your statement i am dispacable - as I have been d*unk inside a football stadium - which is an arrestable offence, though if i had done the same at a rugby ground not so!!!

My point is that i travel home and away with my country and club and yes there are some bad eggs that are involved in the 'supporting' however when you look at the trouble compared to how many people go it's actually minimal

"

Surely, any violent behaviour is unacceptable.

i am not playing down criminal behavior at all - far from it. I am saying that what happened at West Ham was the worst fighting at high profile game we have seen in this country for a while. Most games occur with minimal arrests or criminal behaviour

So by your statement i am dispacable - as I have been d*unk inside a football stadium - which is an arrestable offence, though if i had done the same at a rugby ground not so!!!

My point is that i travel home and away with my country and club and yes there are some bad eggs that are involved in the 'supporting' however when you look at the trouble compared to how many people go it's actually minimal "

I have no idea whether you are despicable.

Personally, I have no issue with folk enjoying a beer ot two, whether it be at a football match, a rugby match or elsewhere.

I do have an issue with idiots assaulting other people.

Was that 30 yr ago.....fuckwit indeed

"Multiple deaths" would include Hillsborough, or don't you give a shit about them because they're an opposing club? How much do you pay to go and watch brain-dead young men kicking a ball about? As the old saying goes - "a fuckwit and their money are easily parted" so earning £8k a week untill your 32 then retiring in a position that you don't have to work ever again is "brain dead " ? Yeah ok carry on with your crappy 9-5,till your 65 or is that 67 now so you can retire and enjoy your pension who's the brain dad one then ? "

yes their silly uninformed posts and crass remarks on a subject they have no interest in is astounding, As season ticket holders at St James we have seem no violence in 30 yrs. Hillsborough as they refer to was not even violence related,maybe they should research fact before labelling people fools for following a passion

By *aren1956TV/TS  over a year ago

Fakenham

"inevitably it was West Ham hopefully ground closure should be in order

That's twice in the last month now.Yes attacking women and children from Middlesbrough also. Carrying knives... Really tough hooligans West Ham have produced "

West Ham is the only ground where I've feared for my life. Some of their so-called fans are sub-human and their ground should be closed or the team deducted points to produce some strong action by the owners.

By *ifferent69Man  over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

Idiots...

They have,nt even got sense to do it outside stadium...

But prefer it inside, with full CCTV, national TV coverage and police spotters.

Not the brightest bunch..

I expect if you were to open a pen outside stadium short distance from game invite so called tough guys inside to settle scores.Then allow police to collect bodies afterwards .....in all honesty not sure many would actually go in.

They enjoy the buzz,anarchy knowing full well police will protect them if it gets to out of hand.

Yes I agree very disappointing.

» Add a new message to this topic