FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The good old british seaside day out.....

The good old british seaside day out.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As a kid i used to look forward to the bank holidays as it meant in our family a good day out at the sea side, it was usually skegness and getting there was the start of the fun with constant stops for tea and a pee ha ha.

On arrival the expectation and smells that greeted you were just to much to bare and we couldnt wait to get down to the beach and set stuff up for the day.

Then dinner time and fish and chips followed by ice cream then all the usual stuff you do by the sea side.

Obviously now as a grand dad i can play these old memories out with my grand kids......but those old memories are never forgotten xx.

Do you remember those great days out

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Blackpool sand dunes mum

Would park up on the road.between st Anne's and Blackpool seafront. Picnic packed. We'd get sunburnt and leave when the sun went down.

I loved it, and I know it was because we didn't have much money for the promanades and rides. But it was having fun with my brother and sister that mattered. . Good memories.

I remember them well. I grew up in Portsmouth and remember going to Bogner in my dad's Hillman Imp. Sandy sandwiches and juice. A dip in the sea , then home for dinner. He wouldn't let me and my brother eat or drink in his car. He loved that motor.

"Blackpool sand dunes mum

Would park up on the road.between st Anne's and Blackpool seafront. Picnic packed. We'd get sunburnt and leave when the sun went down.

I loved it, and I know it was because we didn't have much money for the promanades and rides. But it was having fun with my brother and sister that mattered. . Good memories. "

Brill memories

I pretty much live at the seaside.....

I've no desire to live anywhere more than a stones through from a beach

We did exactly that yesterday, arrived in Wales, straight to the fish and chip shop then onto the beach....looking forward to much of the same today

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"I pretty much live at the seaside.....

I've no desire to live anywhere more than a stones through from a beach "

100% agree! It's like always being on holiday...

Fish and chips on the promenade at Cleethorpes. I'll be taking the grandkids to the beach at Lyme Regis this summer for the same too. Bliss.

always chips out of newspaper before heading home -

living in south devon is like a year long holiday.. after lil one finished school we went straight to the beach.

im a very lucky person to live where i do

"always chips out of newspaper before heading home - "

I miss newspaper. Damned contemptable health and safety muppets.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

It's a proper British seaside day out now. Chucking it down with rain, thunder and lightning thrown in for good measure...

"We did exactly that yesterday, arrived in Wales, straight to the fish and chip shop then onto the beach....looking forward to much of the same today "

I live near the seaside , every day is a jolly hoot

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

When I was a kid I only ever saw the sea for 2 weeks in summer which was a factor in me deciding to live by the sea.

Popped out to do a bit of shopping.

As it's a lovely day, I took the T-Tops off.

Took the scenic route home (still fairly direct though) along Southend sea front.

It's packed down there. Plenty of people have descended on our local beaches to enjoy the sunshine.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

We used to drive to Margate, day out at Ben Bon Brothers. Ride the looping star and the Mary rose. Eat donuts.

We just used to go to the odd theme park.

"Popped out to do a bit of shopping.

As it's a lovely day, I took the T-Tops off.

Took the scenic route home (still fairly direct though) along Southend sea front.

It's packed down there. Plenty of people have descended on our local beaches to enjoy the sunshine.

"

Grew up by the seaside in Cornwall. Loved it

"Grew up by the seaside in Cornwall. Loved it"

By *arksMan  over a year ago

in the centre

Great Yarmouth twice a year as a kid , used to look forward to it so much , just wondering around the amusements and along the beach

"Great Yarmouth twice a year as a kid , used to look forward to it so much , just wondering around the amusements and along the beach "

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

Every day as I live on the sea side

I remember going on holiday and spending the days on the beach. Taking a picnic, and eating sandy sandwiches. Then a walk around the shops and fairgrounds at night. X

I live about 1/2 mile from the beach and have lovely sea views from my home. Great place to live. My local pub is on the beach. Cold Guinness and hot sand between my toes. Bliss

As a kid, I grew up in London. Dad would take us to Camber Sands, I think because there was fuck all there, so we couldnt hassle him for anything. We'd spend hours in the dunes pretending to be soldiers. Sand sandwiches and bottles of . Dip in the freezing sea, and running out when we realised how cold it was. Dad would dig enormous tunnels in the sand. Great days!

My grandparents used to work on a caravan site in Chapel St Leonards. I think I spent most of the summer there. Changed a lot now though. Still love the seaside. Chips,slots,ice cream can't go wrong.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Remember the trips to "Skeggie" very well. Had a great time.

Where are you taking him?

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I live about 1/2 mile from the beach and have lovely sea views from my home. Great place to live. My local pub is on the beach. Cold Guinness and hot sand between my toes. Bliss

As a kid, I grew up in London. Dad would take us to Camber Sands, I think because there was fuck all there, so we couldnt hassle him for anything. We'd spend hours in the dunes pretending to be soldiers. Sand sandwiches and bottles of . Dip in the freezing sea, and running out when we realised how cold it was. Dad would dig enormous tunnels in the sand. Great days! "

1/2 mile from the beach sound's great!

"I live about 1/2 mile from the beach and have lovely sea views from my home. Great place to live. My local pub is on the beach. Cold Guinness and hot sand between my toes. Bliss

As a kid, I grew up in London. Dad would take us to Camber Sands, I think because there was fuck all there, so we couldnt hassle him for anything. We'd spend hours in the dunes pretending to be soldiers. Sand sandwiches and bottles of . Dip in the freezing sea, and running out when we realised how cold it was. Dad would dig enormous tunnels in the sand. Great days!

1/2 mile from the beach sound's great!"

We're very lucky. To be able to sit in yhe garden and watch yhe ships come and go never gets boring! We have a queue of people ready to dogsit for us as we've pretty much decorated the home with a seaside/holiday home vibe!

We love the tourists coming in as it brings loads of good energy to the town.

We have a music festival on the pub on the beach today. There's worse ways of spending a day!

By *p4funCouple  over a year ago

PLYMOUTH

15 mins from the beach love it here and 5 mins from dartmoor spoilt for choice

Used to go Yarmouth with parents.Brighton with pals.love Brighton.used to have great day out there

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

We used to go on excursions as we didnt have a car. Usually skegness. Soggy cheese and tomato sandwiches. Cockles or whelks and fish and chips. Mum hated sand so she would sit back and we would make brilliant sandcastles.

The annual holiday was a militry operation

By *ancscleanguyMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Blackpool sand dunes mum

I loved it, and I know it was because we didn't have much money for the promanades and rides. But it was having fun with my brother and sister that mattered. . Good

memories. "

Superb mate. We did exactly the same. Doesn't cost much to have s great time

"We used to go on excursions as we didnt have a car. Usually skegness. Soggy cheese and tomato sandwiches. Cockles or whelks and fish and chips. Mum hated sand so she would sit back and we would make brilliant sandcastles.

The annual holiday was a militry operation"

I can relate to this

Grew up in north wales with a view of the sea from my bedroom window...now go to uni in cumbria and i massively miss having the beach on my doorstep!!

"Grew up in north wales with a view of the sea from my bedroom window...now go to uni in cumbria and i massively miss having the beach on my doorstep!!"

I did my undergrad at Bangor I miss the sea and mountains being right there to be explored

Going to Whitby with mum, dad and the younger sis tomorrow,cannot wait, fish& chips and cups of tea on the beach

"Grew up in north wales with a view of the sea from my bedroom window...now go to uni in cumbria and i massively miss having the beach on my doorstep!!

I did my undergrad at Bangor I miss the sea and mountains being right there to be explored "

I am welsh so very bias to the welsh sea side and mountains...

"Going to Whitby with mum, dad and the younger sis tomorrow,cannot wait, fish& chips and cups of tea on the beach"

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

3 miles from the beach....love it no matter what the weather.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

West wittering for me and hayling island......thought it took ages to get to but wasnt

But love the sea....would live to retire beside it

By *anielpiercedMan  over a year ago

by the seaside

"As a kid i used to look forward to the bank holidays as it meant in our family a good day out at the sea side, it was usually skegness and getting there was the start of the fun with constant stops for tea and a pee ha ha.

On arrival the expectation and smells that greeted you were just to much to bare and we couldnt wait to get down to the beach and set stuff up for the day.

Then dinner time and fish and chips followed by ice cream then all the usual stuff you do by the sea side.

Obviously now as a grand dad i can play these old memories out with my grand kids......but those old memories are never forgotten xx.

Do you remember those great days out "

Im having one now, gone home to Great Yarmouth for 4 days to see my daughter. We've just had a walk on the beach and an ice cream

"Grew up in north wales with a view of the sea from my bedroom window...now go to uni in cumbria and i massively miss having the beach on my doorstep!!

I did my undergrad at Bangor I miss the sea and mountains being right there to be explored "

Cant beat it, dont know what i'll do when i have to move away

I am welsh so very bias to the welsh sea side and mountains... "

Ahh but are you north or south wales??

I am welsh so very bias to the welsh sea side and mountains...

Ahh but are you north or south wales??"

South.....Port Talbot well a village just out side.

I'm reliving those memories today, me and the kids are going off for the day, it's been a tough few days for me and I think we all deserve a treat

"I'm reliving those memories today, me and the kids are going off for the day, it's been a tough few days for me and I think we all deserve a treat "

Have a great day out.....lets hope the rain keeps away or it will cost a fortune in the penny arcades or should i say......the one pound arcades

"I'm reliving those memories today, me and the kids are going off for the day, it's been a tough few days for me and I think we all deserve a treat

Have a great day out.....lets hope the rain keeps away or it will cost a fortune in the penny arcades or should i say......the one pound arcades "

I hear ya

"I'm reliving those memories today, me and the kids are going off for the day, it's been a tough few days for me and I think we all deserve a treat

Have a great day out.....lets hope the rain keeps away or it will cost a fortune in the penny arcades or should i say......the one pound arcades

I hear ya "

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"As a kid i used to look forward to the bank holidays as it meant in our family a good day out at the sea side, it was usually skegness and getting there was the start of the fun with constant stops for tea and a pee ha ha.

Do you remember those great days out "

I'm still having them! ! I love a trip to the seaside with a fwb!

I couldn't afford seaside so i made do with a puddle and some sand on a building site and a packet of crisps

By *eoscanCouple  over a year ago

-

Love the seaside for all sorts of reasons........the Fylde as a kid, N Wales, Norfolk.......and South Devon mmmmmmm

.....mind made up now, definitely off to the beach this weekend....whatever the sodding weather........and it might just be fish n chips and a beer to end the day........

» Add a new message to this topic