A guy 2 seats from me was so pissed he fell asleep before they came on

Puked halfway through ( which stunk )

And fell back to sleep

Stay at home

Get pissed and fuck someone else's night out up you dick

Thoughts

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What a nob, should have stayed at home and let a fan have his ticket.

I fail to fathom why there needs to be booze sold at gigs anyway. If you're at a concert of one of your idols, why not enjoy it fully by being sober. There's plenty of opportunities to get shitfaced afterwards.

I was pissed at my last gig. at the time I was playing in the band, it didn't go down too well. Anyway, that's rock and roll.

"What a nob, should have stayed at home and let a fan have his ticket.

I fail to fathom why there needs to be booze sold at gigs anyway. If you're at a concert of one of your idols, why not enjoy it fully by being sober. There's plenty of opportunities to get shitfaced afterwards."

bars are one of the biggest profit makers at festivals. tickets generally cover bands and build costs, if that, and don't allow for much profit if any. bars do a good turnover so they will always be there. some gigs are even sponsored by breweries etc..

i agree that pissed people fuck up the vibes of a place though...so many people staggering about wankered isn't a good atmosphere to me.

I think wherever you find a large crowd of people one or two individuals will show their red arses ...

But it's very frustrating when you happen to be confined next too them,

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Well at least he wasn't sat on anyone else's shoulders,isn't him being sick and mostly asleep preferably?!

You could "accidentally" keep bumping into people who have someone on their shoulders, until they break something, from falling off

Or shout at them that you can't fucking see and stop being selfish (or a cunt, if they are smaller than you)

"I put up a post about people standing on people's shoulders at gigs

Another rant

Last night I went to the o2 to see iron maiden

And fell back to sleep

Stay at home

Thoughts "

I would of pissed on him. Maybe at the end of the gig. But I would of soaked him down. Maybe drawn on his face and stamped on his phone.

A d*unken retard was annoying a group of us at a lily alen gig a while ago. He lost his keys down the grid

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I can't play when I'm d*unk, messes with my hearing.

From an audience point-of-view when tickets cost so much, seems bizarre to waste the experience by being d*unk.

Cal

By *i tor and the snowdog OP   Couple  over a year ago

walsall/coventry

Another rant

And fell back to sleep

Stay at home

Thoughts

I would of pissed on him. Maybe at the end of the gig. But I would of soaked him down. Maybe drawn on his face and stamped on his phone.

A d*unken retard was annoying a group of us at a lily alen gig a while ago. He lost his keys down the grid "

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

D*unk at a gig? Whatever next!

walsall/coventry

"D*unk at a gig? Whatever next!"

Have a look around you next time

I just dont get it!?

Im sure most of us get that pre gig buzz,the build up,the anticipation for one of those awesome moments in life and just to get wankered and waste it and ruin it for you and others, what a cock. Yeah sure Ill have a few beers at Download during the day (buzzing all ready,cant wait!)but to get wasted and miss out,nah,no way.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Love a few beers at a gig. Before the gig. During the gig. After the gig. Especially at a festival. But not to the state described.

I can see where you're coming from with D*unk sleeping guy, that would be have been very annoying especially with the vomit.

People who go to festivals just for the booze (or drugs) and not for the music as well are the most annoying.

So I think, as with most things in life, a balanced approach is the best!

Sorry to hear they spoilt your gig, thats not on.

I'm afraid I have to hold my hands up and say I was pissed at a Ash gig back in my student days but as pissed as I was I didn't fuck up anyone's gig up as I took myself away to a quiet corner and fell asleep... lol

By *hips n FursMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

I once saw a guy sleep through a entire Motorhead gig,how he did that is beyond me. The fucking walls and ground was shaking it was that loud.

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

Another rant

And fell back to sleep

Stay at home

Thoughts "

Surprised they let him in at that state.

Don't mind anyone having a drink, but don't go over the top on booze.

They guy fell asleep, lol. Heavy rock concert as well, he must have been steaming d*unk.

Hope he had a hangover from hell.

I get this alot when my band plays, I've lost count of how many times I've had to move my pedal board coz of d*unk people at our gigs

I think it's disgusting, there is no need for an adult to get in that state at all.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Have to confess to having been slightly worse for wear at gigs in the past but never to that extent, or to the point that I've knowingly disturbed others around me. To be honest though these days I rarely drink at gigs as I'd rather enjoy and remember the experience to the full.

We went to a gig last week, the cops and bottles were plastic but people were chucking them (sometimes half full) into the air and down into the rest of the crowd. Didn't see crowd security doing anything about it but guess it's hard to pinpoint. Really pissed me off though. What dicks #retroinsult

Cups !

You're having a blinder, OP

Slight tangent, but I was standing in knee deep muddy water near the front of the Pyramid stage my first year at Glastonbury. Two pissed guys that couldn't be bothered to get to a toilet just pissed in the water surrounded by everyone else.

Another rant

And fell back to sleep

Stay at home

Thoughts "

I agree with you 100%, I went to see BLACK SABBATH at their last gig at the O2 in January and there were 3 passed up idiots who kept getting in the way & when you say something to them all you get is abuse.

I'm also 100% jealous that you saw IRON MAIDEN.

I couldn't get tickets.

walsall/coventry

"You're having a blinder, OP "

Oh lord

Get a hobby darling

walsall

Is moshing allowed?

Linwood

"Slight tangent, but I was standing in knee deep muddy water near the front of the Pyramid stage my first year at Glastonbury. Two pissed guys that couldn't be bothered to get to a toilet just pissed in the water surrounded by everyone else.

"

What a pair of....(answers here)

"You're having a blinder, OP

Oh lord

Get a hobby darling "

Why so rude?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"You're having a blinder, OP

Oh lord

Get a hobby darling

Why so rude?"

It's the booze talking...

maybe just hang out in another part of the venue

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

I went to Maiden at the 02 and we were down the front, got in early to get a good spot, and a core of pissheads did their very best to ruin it by steaming the front, throwing beer to get people to move. Didn't ruin it for us as we stood ground but some people moved. daft. Hope you enjoyed anyway OP they were cracking both nights

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I saw many people fall asleep during a Meatloaf gig at Monsters of Rock back in the '80s. He had laryngitis and was absolutely dire

We all woke up for Gary Moore though

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

"I saw many people fall asleep during a Meatloaf gig at Monsters of Rock back in the '80s. He had laryngitis and was absolutely dire

We all woke up for Gary Moore though "

If you mean the Castle Donington Monsters, think you're getting years mixed up, Meat was indeed terrible at the 1983 one, whilst Gary was indeed splendid at the 1984 one!

i seem to remember meat grumbling about the bottles of piss being lobbed. he threatened to finish the gig if one more bottle of piss was thrown at the stage ..... that just prompted a wall of flagans of piss to get lobbed at the stage

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

I'm often surprised by the amount of time some folks spend at the bar after paying that much to get in. But then I rarely drink at gigs cos I'm usually Billy-No-Mates.

As for people on shoulders, this should not be banned as it prevents girls from flashing their boobs.

Linwood

"i seem to remember meat grumbling about the bottles of piss being lobbed. he threatened to finish the gig if one more bottle of piss was thrown at the stage ..... that just prompted a wall of flagans of piss to get lobbed at the stage "

Don't blame meatloaf (I'm hoping that's who your referring to as "meat") for complaining about bottles of piss getting thrown at him.

No-one really wants a glass bottle full of piss thrown at him, plus some poor person has to clean up all the glass and piss off the stage

Am not against folk having a drink but 'piss-artists' really piss me off

One sees them in the early morning staggering onto the streets; so bloody dangerous. And if they get hit, then it is the driver's fault !

- Mrs. J -

Linwood

People who just cross the road, not looking, glued to phone, or listening to music with headphones.

Folks - stop at kerb and look.

These people are a danger to themselves and to others, but if they get knocked down the driver will get the blame.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"As for people on shoulders, this should not be banned as it prevents girls from flashing their boobs. "

+1 Bruv

By *uddlybear2015Man  over a year ago

BEDFORD

"I can't play when I'm d*unk, messes with my hearing.

From an audience point-of-view when tickets cost so much, seems bizarre to waste the experience by being d*unk.

Cal"

Only played d*unk once,not good. Only ever drank water after that.

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

Another rant

And fell back to sleep

Stay at home

Thoughts

A d*unken retard was annoying a group of us at a lily alen gig a while ago. He lost his keys down the grid "

Thank god this poster has gone unlos becacause what a wanker saying they would defile someone and smash their property.

By *unshine05Man  over a year ago

Sherborne

Never been pissed at a gig but did fall asleep during the support act at last gig I was at having been awake for 24hrs straight must have been mortifying for him cant remember who it was either

"i seem to remember meat grumbling about the bottles of piss being lobbed. he threatened to finish the gig if one more bottle of piss was thrown at the stage ..... that just prompted a wall of flagans of piss to get lobbed at the stage

Don't blame meatloaf (I'm hoping that's who your referring to as "meat") for complaining about bottles of piss getting thrown at him.

No-one really wants a glass bottle full of piss thrown at him, plus some poor person has to clean up all the glass and piss off the stage

"

don't misunderstand me. i wasn't blaming meatloaf, lobbing bottles of piss was a standard thing at monsters of rock ... for all the performers and audience alike

here's what dee snider from twisted sister said about the place in kerrang ...

" Well, there was that time we were performing at Donnington. I think I dodged an apple or something! That place is known for people just chucking stuff at the bands. They throw stuff at everybody! They threw stuff at Meatloaf, they threw stuff at ZZ Top... anyone who got onstage. There are 40,000 people in the audience and at any given time, 10,000 of them don't like the band. So they bring extra fruit!"

.... ultimately, if the OP doesn't like pissed people snozzing and puking on themselves at a gig, then they wouldn't have enjoyed seeing iron maiden at the pinnacle (or any othere band) at monsters of rock

At over a fiver for a can of shit cider at most London venues I gave up drinking at gigs a while a go.

Linwood

"At over a fiver for a can of shit cider at most London venues I gave up drinking at gigs a while a go. "

That would sober anyone off.

What a rip-off price.

Linwood

"i seem to remember meat grumbling about the bottles of piss being lobbed. he threatened to finish the gig if one more bottle of piss was thrown at the stage ..... that just prompted a wall of flagans of piss to get lobbed at the stage

don't misunderstand me. i wasn't blaming meatloaf, lobbing bottles of piss was a standard thing at monsters of rock ... for all the performers and audience alike

" Well, there was that time we were performing at Donnington. I think I dodged an apple or something! That place is known for people just chucking stuff at the bands. They throw stuff at everybody! They threw stuff at Meatloaf, they threw stuff at ZZ Top... anyone who got onstage. There are 40,000 people in the audience and at any given time, 10,000 of them don't like the band. So they bring extra fruit!"

.... ultimately, if the OP doesn't like pissed people snozzing and puking on themselves at a gig, then they wouldn't have enjoyed seeing iron maiden at the pinnacle (or any othere band) at monsters of rock "

Keep thinking about the scene from the blues brothers film where the go to bob's county bunker and there's chicken wire in front of the stage to protect them from flying bottles.

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

.... ultimately, if the OP doesn't like pissed people snozzing and puking on themselves at a gig, then they wouldn't have enjoyed seeing iron maiden at the pinnacle (or any othere band) at monsters of rock

Keep thinking about the scene from the blues brothers film where the go to bob's county bunker and there's chicken wire in front of the stage to protect them from flying bottles. "

That really did happen, sure I heard Steven Tyler say in an interview he'd played gigs like that when they first started playing clubs.

Or there's the Glasgow Apollo legends - "In most venues, if the audience decided they didn't like you, they started throwing stuff at the stage. If an Apollo audience decided it DID like you, then they STOPPED throwing stuff at the stage".

walsall

.... ultimately, if the OP doesn't like pissed people snozzing and puking on themselves at a gig, then they wouldn't have enjoyed seeing iron maiden at the pinnacle (or any othere band) at monsters of rock "

» Add a new message to this topic