FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wootton Bassett

Wootton Bassett

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Today sees the last repatriation through Wootton Bassett and i have to admit this made me incredibly sad as i was worried that our future lost servicemen and women would not have the welcome home that the wondeful people of Wootton Bassett have been giving them for the last 4 years but i hear today that they will be taking them through the town of Carterton.

I'm sure it may seem odd to some but i am hugely relieved there will still be a town for the cortage to travel through as i'm certain people will again line the streets to welcome them home something that gives the loved ones of these servicemen and women great comfort.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bless them all.

Indeed.

They should be applauded

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

Totally agree with you x

may god bless them all.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

There was a programme on the BBC News channel on Sunday, commemorating what Wootton Bassett has done over the past 4 years.

Equally, it showed what will be the new route, which will incorporat a stop at the new National Memorial site which has been created to honour "the fallen"; by all accounts from other media, what Wootton Bassett started, will be continued on the new route from RAF Brize Norton.

"There was a programme on the BBC News channel on Sunday, commemorating what Wootton Bassett has done over the past 4 years.

Equally, it showed what will be the new route, which will incorporat a stop at the new National Memorial site which has been created to honour "the fallen"; by all accounts from other media, what Wootton Bassett started, will be continued on the new route from RAF Brize Norton."

that is very reasuring thankyou i missed that programme, i'm pleased it will continue so many take comfort in the knowledge their lost loved ones recieve a welcome home so to speak

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I have been to Wootton Bassett twice to welcome a couple of friends home, very poignant and moving. People of Wootton Bassett should be proud of themselves.

i will always remember them and they should be proud what they achieved and this makes me proud to be british

That village have earned their 'Royal' status, and I am glad that there is an alternative but, why exactly have the powers that be decided to change it?

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"That village have earned their 'Royal' status, and I am glad that there is an alternative but, why exactly have the powers that be decided to change it?"

RAF Lyneham is closing

"That village have earned their 'Royal' status, and I am glad that there is an alternative but, why exactly have the powers that be decided to change it?

RAF Lyneham is closing"

Ah right. And the new National Memorial- not the one at Alrewas, I presume, will be where please?

"That village have earned their 'Royal' status, and I am glad that there is an alternative but, why exactly have the powers that be decided to change it?

RAF Lyneham is closing

Ah right. And the new National Memorial- not the one at Alrewas, I presume, will be where please?"

Its not the one at Alrewas hunny they are building a memorial garden on the edge of Carterton

it says that the Union flag from Wootton Bassett will be flown there on the days repatriations takes place there will be a special ceremony tomorrow morning

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

The brave servicemen and women who have lost their lives in the service of this Country must never be forgotten.

The fine people of Wooton Basset did these returning heroes proud and their magnificent repatriation turnouts will always be remembered.

The footage of the repatriations thru Wooton Bassett are items of news that made me 'fill up' irregardless of how many times they were shown.

Not so much because I think it is a 'waste' of a young life but moreso because of the grief left behind and the show of simple 'laid bare' respect (that so often is overlooked in modern day Britain)

Rememberance Sunday has the same effect on me - not good, considering my flat directly overlooks the local War Memorial !

» Add a new message to this topic