FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab Webcams - WTF

Fab Webcams - WTF

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Love Fab but for chrissake when are they going to get into the 21st century and ditch Flash?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Most likely down to costs. Remember there only income is from donations when members site support. There is no ad revenue as far as I know.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Love Fab but for chrissake when are they going to get into the 21st century and ditch Flash?

"

Gordon?

"Most likely down to costs. Remember there only income is from donations when members site support. There is no ad revenue as far as I know."

Pretty soon they’ll have no choice. Flash will soon be as dead as a dodo.

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Most likely down to costs. Remember there only income is from donations when members site support. There is no ad revenue as far as I know.

Pretty soon they’ll have no choice. Flash will soon be as dead as a dodo."

Fair point. Have to see what happens then I guess.

By *inglehotchickWoman  over a year ago

blackpool

"Love Fab but for chrissake when are they going to get into the 21st century and ditch Flash?

Gordon? "

Barry Allen

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

wally West

I agree I find it very frustrating that my cam doesn’t work, I’ve tried all the options but to no avail.

Any advice will be very well received

By *typical guyMan  over a year ago

wigan

"Most likely down to costs. Remember there only income is from donations when members site support. There is no ad revenue as far as I know."

There are ads for non subscribers, there are also nearly 30,000 users online now (according to the home page).

Look at the "who is online" and it shows the first 30 results and about 2/3rds of them are at least a silver site supporter and so have paid £5 to subscribe for either 1 month or 2. That is 20,000 users that are paying £30-60 a year.

Then consider that there will be different users/subscribers on in the evenings and day to day, it is obvious the site has a good income.

Yes the site is cheap compared to others and bandwidth/server space needs to be paid for but it is also in dire need of updating. The chatrooms have numerous faults, the forums are like something from 2001, mobile chat has been in "testing" for ever and is fault ridden itself.

As for the point about flash, everything else I have mentioned could be dismissed as preference or unnecessary but flash is a security issue which should be a priority, not only that it is simply up to the job meaning that some people cannot use the webcams anymore.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

What is the point of chat webcams anyway? They all seem to be of random penises.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Gordon? "

Harry?

"What is the point of chat webcams anyway? They all seem to be of random penises. "

People get attention. People give attention to others.

The chat aspect of it, on mobile anyway, is limited because you can't have a private chat. When it's busy the chat goes so quickly you can't keep up.

And there are lots of penises.

"What is the point of chat webcams anyway? They all seem to be of random penises. "

Some aren’t. We sometimes go on lol.

Geeky x

wigan

Some would say the same thing about the forums.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It's a whole since we weren't site supporters, but I thought that non supporters had adverts.

Cal

Newbury

"What is the point of chat webcams anyway? They all seem to be of random penises.

Some would say the same thing about the forums. "

At least in the forums you are forged to actually type something as opposed to assuming people want to look at your semi poking out from your gut/dirty t-shirt (delete as applicable)

"What is the point of chat webcams anyway? They all seem to be of random penises.

At least in the forums you are forged to actually type something as opposed to assuming people want to look at your semi poking out from your gut/dirty t-shirt (delete as applicable)"

With the wife lounging on the sofa behind them, drinking a can of Stella and smoking a roll up.

wigan

At least in the forums you are forged to actually type something as opposed to assuming people want to look at your semi poking out from your gut/dirty t-shirt (delete as applicable)"

I don`t recall being forced to type anything in the forums, or being made to look at guys cocks in the cam room.

Some aren’t. We sometimes go on lol.

Geeky x"

I have a look now and then to see if there are any couples fucking . It's a rare occurance.

Newbury

At least in the forums you are forged to actually type something as opposed to assuming people want to look at your semi poking out from your gut/dirty t-shirt (delete as applicable)

I don`t recall being forced to type anything in the forums, or being made to look at guys cocks in the cam room.

"

If a man goes on the Forums and doesn't type anything - does a man really go on the forums?

With the wife lounging on the sofa behind them, drinking a can of Stella and smoking a roll up."

It all sounds so appealing. I'm so sad I can't access it now

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"

Sometimes I hit the laptop with the caveman club, and no it doesn't make a difference.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"...

If a man goes on the Forums and doesn't type anything - does a man really go on the forums?"

It's like the sound of one hand clapping.

Use the browser called puffin. It sorts all the issue you talking about, even for mobile.

wigan

If a man goes on the Forums and doesn't type anything - does a man really go on the forums?"

If a man goes on fab, does a man have to type on the forum?

"Use the browser called puffin. It sorts all the issue you talking about, even for mobile."

Nothing sorts the issue of Flash as a plugin if you dont want to install totally insecure 1990s technologies on your machine. And if you browse the web like I and 1bn other users do with an Apple device, then Flash is simply not an option - and for good reason.

There’s really no excuse. Fab shouldn’t be using Flash and its way past time that it got its act together on this.

Mods, I hope you're listening.

» Add a new message to this topic