FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab Crap Runners' Club WEEK FOUR (22-28 Jan) PART TWO!!!!

Fab Crap Runners' Club WEEK FOUR (22-28 Jan) PART TWO!!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Just got back from Week Four run three. It was runs of 3 mins, then 5 mins, then 3 mins then 5 mins with walks in between.

It was hard but I did it so that makes me fucking awesome!!! (And modest!)

Do you realise peeps that we're more than half way through our nine week programme?

Don't forget to look for Bitch and Twat's Park Run thread too.

I'll post the big Week Five thread later.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Yay, I love a sweaty Mrs Trellis

Cambridge

"Yay, I love a sweaty Mrs Trellis "

Ha ha ha - you're a sick man!

Bedford

I won’t say that running is my favourite way of getting sweaty though

Cambridge

"I won’t say that running is my favourite way of getting sweaty though "

Just wait for the Week Ten orgy.

Bedford

I need to update my app for that

By *itch and TwatCouple  over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

"I won’t say that running is my favourite way of getting sweaty though

Just wait for the Week Ten orgy. "

Did somebody mention an orgy?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Just wait for the Week Ten orgy. "

Be too knackered for that

Cambridge

Be too knackered for that "

We believe in you!

Cambridge

Did somebody mention an orgy? "

Yeah... erm... Adam did... what a perv...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ll don my runners for a jaunt around the park later

Cambridge

"I’ll don my runners for a jaunt around the park later "

Nice one MrPB. Let us know how it goes. It's windy here in the East.

Stupid question but how do you listen to the instructions of what to do? And where do you put your phone?

Those little in ear listening things don't stay my ears - yes I forgot what they are called

Ginger

By *icky-discoMan  over a year ago

oxford

"Stupid question but how do you listen to the instructions of what to do? And where do you put your phone?

Those little in ear listening things don't stay my ears - yes I forgot what they are called

Ginger "

Ear buds get the ones with the hook round the ear

oxford

Just come back from a run 3 minute walking warm up 25 minute run 2 minute walking cool down feel great the week off done me good

By *ickey and MinnieCouple  over a year ago

South of Bath

I’m going to run today

I’m a bit nervous !!! Lol

Cambridge

"Stupid question but how do you listen to the instructions of what to do? And where do you put your phone?

Ginger "

I’ve got little skull candy ones but they do fall out a bit.

Cambridge

"Just come back from a run 3 minute walking warm up 25 minute run 2 minute walking cool down feel great the week off done me good "

That’s fantastic!! 25 mins is a long time!

Cambridge

"I’m going to run today

I’m a bit nervous !!! Lol"

You’re going to be awesome. Report back when you’ve done it.

By *ickey and MinnieCouple  over a year ago

South of Bath

"I’m going to run today

You’re going to be awesome. Report back when you’ve done it. "

Will do. I’m not nervous about the run it’s whether my calf’s hold out lol

Will be taking it VERY easy xx

Just started running again today after about a year off. Terribly unfit!

Cambridge

"Just started running again today after about a year off. Terribly unfit!"

This is the spiritual home of the terribly unfit. The crapper you are, the more we all like you!

Welcome. What did you do today?

Cambridge

"I’m going to run today

You’re going to be awesome. Report back when you’ve done it.

Will do. I’m not nervous about the run it’s whether my calf’s hold out lol

Will be taking it VERY easy xx"

Sloooow. Slooooooooow. Sloooooooooooow.

oxford

"Just come back from a run 3 minute walking warm up 25 minute run 2 minute walking cool down feel great the week off done me good

That’s fantastic!! 25 mins is a long time! "

Thanks lovely x

Bedford

I’ve just done the first run of week 5, three lots of 5 minutes running with walking in between.

The headwind made it tough as did the fact I’m so crap, but I survived which means anyone can

Cambridge

"I’ve just done the first run of week 5, three lots of 5 minutes running with walking in between.

The headwind made it tough as did the fact I’m so crap, but I survived which means anyone can "

Hurray hurray hurray!!!

Very, very good. Week five ends with a 20 minute non-stop run. But let’s not think about that right now. Nobody mention the 20 minute run!

Bedford

Today was one of the few times I’ve run in daylight, it’s nice to be able to see the dog turds as I slosh my way through them

Cambridge

"Today was one of the few times I’ve run in daylight, it’s nice to be able to see the dog turds as I slosh my way through them "

Nice.

"Today was one of the few times I’ve run in daylight, it’s nice to be able to see the dog turds as I slosh my way through them

Nice. "

You are supposed to avoid them if you can see them! I used to live in a place where there was an alleyway which was affectionately know as "dogshit alley". At some point someone got so angry that they circled every turd in the entire ally with "£50 fine" written in chalk next to each one!

I managed a bike ride only despite plans to run today! Very poor start, apologies everyone. At least now I have a baseline. Progress should be outstanding next week.

Cambridge

"Today was one of the few times I’ve run in daylight, it’s nice to be able to see the dog turds as I slosh my way through them

Nice.

You are supposed to avoid them if you can see them! I used to live in a place where there was an alleyway which was affectionately know as "dogshit alley". At some point someone got so angry that they circled every turd in the entire ally with "£50 fine" written in chalk next to each one!

I managed a bike ride only despite plans to run today! Very poor start, apologies everyone. At least now I have a baseline. Progress should be outstanding next week."

Excellent work - it doesn't matter what exercise you're doing - as long as you're doing something (badly) you're welcome on this thread!

I will be running to work in the morning, first time in 2 weeks due to ilness

Bedford

"I will be running to work in the morning, first time in 2 weeks due to ilness"

That’s very impressive! Let us know how it goes

Reporting in

No run today as i tried to do Pen-y-ghent, sadly for the first time ever i didn't get to the top because of 60mph winds just about blowing me away and sideways raining. Everyone turned back before getting to the top it was that bad but had a great laff

Back to work tomorrow so no run till fri or sat but some swimming in between.

Well done everyone, excellent progress so far

By *arryJones1975Man  over a year ago

ely

Injury bench update.

Don't want to tempt fate but I feel almost human for the first time in 3 weeks.

Still waiting for my final mascot costume lol

By *iberatedPairCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

CHecking in. Great motivational posts all

H

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Looking good folks.

I think I did another 4k tonight but it seems Strava, despite having 4G, is fucking me about.

Is anyone else using Strava?

"Looking good folks.

I think I did another 4k tonight but it seems Strava, despite having 4G, is fucking me about.

Is anyone else using Strava?"

I've just started using strava and i don't have a sim card in mine but upload using wifi, no problems at the moment.

Well done on 4k

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Well done all, your doing a great job at keeping on track and I admire that

Been a few days since I checked in , so way too many updates to comment on individually, but fair to say there are a lot of people making great strides forward, literally and metaphorically! Group hug for you all for a great job!

That said, special well done to Topsy who seemed to be really struggling with her breathing a few weeks back, and seemed to be on the verge of giving up, yet is now smashing out the miles! Must be something special in the Leicester air

London

"Been a few days since I checked in , so way too many updates to comment on individually, but fair to say there are a lot of people making great strides forward, literally and metaphorically! Group hug for you all for a great job!

That said, special well done to Topsy who seemed to be really struggling with her breathing a few weeks back, and seemed to be on the verge of giving up, yet is now smashing out the miles! Must be something special in the Leicester air "

Thanks. Chatting and running will never happen for me and after speaking to many people who run marathons (one of whom ran two in one day, sub three and sub five) that is an unrealistic target. If I’m running, I’m too out of breath to chat and if I’m able to chat, I’m not exercising.

I still don’t like it but it’s free and the benefits are huge. I’ve given in and bought running leggings, it’s like running naked. Very odd.

By *lla_maiWoman  over a year ago

staffordshire

Stayed away from here mostly this week as it didnt help with my low mood.

Had the week off hoping the ankle would improve, but it doesnt seem to be.... i can walk on it fine just any twisting that causes sharp intakes on breath and strange expressions .

But i didnt think these words would come out my mouth, i miss being outside and exercising. So im going to continue walking but hold off on the jogging for now.

Near Rushden Lakes

"Been a few days since I checked in , so way too many updates to comment on individually, but fair to say there are a lot of people making great strides forward, literally and metaphorically! Group hug for you all for a great job!

That said, special well done to Topsy who seemed to be really struggling with her breathing a few weeks back, and seemed to be on the verge of giving up, yet is now smashing out the miles! Must be something special in the Leicester air

Thanks. Chatting and running will never happen for me and after speaking to many people who run marathons (one of whom ran two in one day, sub three and sub five) that is an unrealistic target. If I’m running, I’m too out of breath to chat and if I’m able to chat, I’m not exercising.

I still don’t like it but it’s free and the benefits are huge. I’ve given in and bought running leggings, it’s like running naked. Very odd."

Odd but strangely erotic...just taking a moment to imagine Topsy running naked now...

"Stayed away from here mostly this week as it didnt help with my low mood.

Had the week off hoping the ankle would improve, but it doesnt seem to be.... i can walk on it fine just any twisting that causes sharp intakes on breath and strange expressions .

But i didnt think these words would come out my mouth, i miss being outside and exercising. So im going to continue walking but hold off on the jogging for now."

Good on you for being positive i would say if its still painful then see the dr

I still don’t like it but it’s free and the benefits are huge. I’ve given in and bought running leggings, it’s like running naked. Very odd."

Whats the difference between leggings and running leggings?

By *lla_maiWoman  over a year ago

staffordshire

"Stayed away from here mostly this week as it didnt help with my low mood.

But i didnt think these words would come out my mouth, i miss being outside and exercising. So im going to continue walking but hold off on the jogging for now.

Good on you for being positive i would say if its still painful then see the dr"

I tore my ligament about 16 months ago and its never seemed to be 100% again. I have odd times it'll ache for an hour or so but heat ususlly helps. So im assuming i just over did it the other weekend and im now suffering the consequences. If it gets worse or doesng improve over the next week or so i may go as see the doctor.

London

I still don’t like it but it’s free and the benefits are huge. I’ve given in and bought running leggings, it’s like running naked. Very odd.

Odd but strangely erotic...just taking a moment to imagine Topsy running naked now... "

Everything goes *BOING!!!* without them. Everything.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Looking good folks.

Is anyone else using Strava?"

I use Strava but I mainly sync activities from my Tomtom watch rather than use my phone.

London

Whats the difference between leggings and running leggings? "

Nothing moves...nothing and I feel strangely lighter. Muscles seem to work better too.

I gave in and bought a pair for twenty quid at H&M not believeing they made any difference but they really do.

(They make you smell funky but shhh, don’t tell anyone).

Near Rushden Lakes

Hmm...today feels like WEEK FIVE officially...although through illness I’m still on WEEK TWO. On a positive note, I’m 9lbs down on Jan 1st and no alcohol either. These moobs are going one way or another.

Cambridge

"Hmm...today feels like WEEK FIVE officially...although through illness I’m still on WEEK TWO. On a positive note, I’m 9lbs down on Jan 1st and no alcohol either. These moobs are going one way or another."

Aaaaaaaagh - I’ll pull the week five thread together in a mo!! X

Cambridge

NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD...

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/723286

» Add a new message to this topic