FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Worst drivers

Worst drivers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm sure we've all experienced them but it is a myth that Audi & BMW drivers are the worst on the roads?

Generally if I'm calling someone a wanker, they're driving a BMW. And for some reason Skoda drivers.

Any others?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Audi

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All other drivers but me of course.

Im not being sexist but ive had most near misses with woman and old people. An old woman once reversed over me on my bike. Luckily i jumped off in time. She still carried on!!

Old people regardless of what they're driving,and plain white Sprinter/Transit vans

Hey! My indicators work perfectly well thanks I'm going to finger point the Range Rover drivers

C

"Old people regardless of what they're driving,and plain white Sprinter/Transit vans"

They should be made to take their test again at 70. I'd be more than happy to pay. Its just dangerous

don't know,

I don't play golf

By *reemindCoolMan  over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

Honda jaz

or any honda either a dithering idiot or a boy racer.

vauxhall zafeera.

to name two

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Im not being sexist but ive had most near misses with woman and old people. An old woman once reversed over me on my bike. Luckily i jumped off in time. She still carried on!! "

How sure are you it's because of her age ?

King's Crustacean

"Old people regardless of what they're driving,and plain white Sprinter/Transit vans"

Why old people ?

"Honda jaz

or any honda either a dithering idiot or a boy racer.

vauxhall zafeera.

to name two"

I've got a Honda jazz

"Old people regardless of what they're driving,and plain white Sprinter/Transit vans

They should be made to take their test again at 70. I'd be more than happy to pay. Its just dangerous"

I've always though there should be a mandatory five year retest for all drivers regardless of age or driving record.A reduction in road tax cost would offset the expense to motorists,and it would get rid of so many of the arseholes on the roads.

[Removed by poster at 30/01/18 19:26:11]

"Im not being sexist but ive had most near misses with woman and old people. An old woman once reversed over me on my bike. Luckily i jumped off in time. She still carried on!!

"

Because as she was reversing i was banging on the window telling her to stop. She carried on 10-15 metres. Once she finally stopped she gets out the car, barely knowing whats just happened and says, "i didnt see you" classic. Honza jazz also.Then she offered me 15 pound, I just laughed!! 4 grand pay out for the bike. Also a nice 3500 whiplash claim

"I'm sure we've all experienced them but it is a myth that Audi & BMW drivers are the worst on the roads?

Generally if I'm calling someone a wanker, they're driving a BMW. And for some reason Skoda drivers.

Any others?

"

You forgot Merc drivers...including multi drop Spinter van drivers

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

Those blue Subaru’s with the big spoilers and gold alloys.

"Those blue Subaru’s with the big spoilers and gold alloys. "

Impreza?

The person driving slower than me in front is driving like an idiot.

The person overtaking me and driving faster is an idiot.

I think a test of there mentality and attitude might have a bigger impact.

Especially with the increased aggresion

these days.

Women are best as we can put lippy on and drive .

I'm going for the white van drivers .The one that doesn't use indicator .men are soooo naughty drivers they need a slap

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

"Those blue Subaru’s with the big spoilers and gold alloys.

Impreza?"

Gesundheit!

"Those blue Subaru’s with the big spoilers and gold alloys.

Impreza?

Gesundheit! "

Danke

King's Crustacean

"Im not being sexist but ive had most near misses with woman and old people. An old woman once reversed over me on my bike. Luckily i jumped off in time. She still carried on!!

Because as she was reversing i was banging on the window telling her to stop. She carried on 10-15 metres. Once she finally stopped she gets out the car, barely knowing whats just happened and says, "i didnt see you" classic. Honza jazz also.Then she offered me 15 pound, I just laughed!! 4 grand pay out for the bike. Also a nice 3500 whiplash claim"

So...... how do you know it was because of her age ?

King's Crustacean

"Old people regardless of what they're driving,and plain white Sprinter/Transit vans

They should be made to take their test again at 70. I'd be more than happy to pay. Its just dangerous

I've always though there should be a mandatory five year retest for all drivers regardless of age or driving record.A reduction in road tax cost would offset the expense to motorists,and it would get rid of so many of the arseholes on the roads."

How would a re test help take bad drivers off the road ?

I've always though there should be a mandatory five year retest for all drivers regardless of age or driving record.A reduction in road tax cost would offset the expense to motorists,and it would get rid of so many of the arseholes on the roads.

How would a re test help take bad drivers off the road ?"

They wouldnt pass

King's Crustacean

They wouldnt pass"

Course they would. Especially if they took one every five years.

It's when they are not on their test that they make their own rules up and drive like maniacs.

As someone who used to train drivers for a living and now drives for a living.

here is a question

do you indicate to tell people what you are planing to do or what you are allready doing?

little test for every one, bering in mind that if your signal does not flash at leasr 3 times the likeley hood is it will not be seen, people blink dont react to the first flash ect.

next time you signall to change lanes count how many times yoiur indicator flashes before you start to move over.

most people will be allready moving before they put the idicator on.

and the point is we all get things wrong at some time and nothing happens because outher people allow for our misatake when the dont we have a crash.

We all need to be more understanding of outher road useres apart from the brain dead morons that drive up the acceleration lane joining the motorway [it is an acceleration lane not a slip road]at 40 miles an houtr trying to save fuel and forcing everyone on the motorwat to change lanes, christ even the wagons are doing at least 55.

rant over

Every driver on the road does idiotic things.

It's never a problem until 2 do it at the same place and time.

Safest way to drive is to do your best to only do idiotic things when the drivers surrounding you are on form.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

White van man and bloody Range Rover drivers! Beamer drivers are pretty bad but I don't mind Audis lol!

How would a re test help take bad drivers off the road ?"

Because when passing the initial test most people don't have many bad habits,they are usually picked up along with lazy/shit driving practices once the test is out the way and their driving is unmonitored,especially those who have had their licences for several years.A regular retest would out the shit drivers and those who can't drive to an acceptable standard.Many professions require regular testing/ assessment for safety and competency reasons,yet someone can drive for a lifetime based on one 60 minute test,surely regular theory and practical assesment/testing would help to improve standards?I'm not saying it would solve the problem of shit drivers,some people are determined to drive like twats regardless,but I think it would help.I can think of a few people I know that would never be able to pass a current driving test because they're a liability on the road,despite them thinking they're the best driver around

Because when passing the initial test most people don't have many bad habits,they are usually picked up along with lazy/shit driving practices once the test is out the way and their driving is unmonitored,especially those who have had their licences for several years.A regular retest would out the shit drivers and those who can't drive to an acceptable standard.Many professions require regular testing/ assessment for safety and competency reasons,yet someone can drive for a lifetime based on one 60 minute test,surely regular theory and practical assesment/testing would help to improve standards?I'm not saying it would solve the problem of shit drivers,some people are determined to drive like twats regardless,but I think it would help.I can think of a few people I know that would never be able to pass a current driving test because they're a liability on the road,despite them thinking they're the best driver around"

spot on.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"As someone who used to train drivers for a living and now drives for a living.

here is a question

do you indicate to tell people what you are planing to do or what you are allready doing?

little test for every one, bering in mind that if your signal does not flash at leasr 3 times the likeley hood is it will not be seen, people blink dont react to the first flash ect.

next time you signall to change lanes count how many times yoiur indicator flashes before you start to move over.

and the point is we all get things wrong at some time and nothing happens because outher people allow for our misatake when the dont we have a crash.

We all need to be more understanding of outher road useres apart from the brain dead morons that drive up the acceleration lane joining the motorway [it is an acceleration lane not a slip road]at 40 miles an houtr trying to save fuel and forcing everyone on the motorwat to change lanes, christ even the wagons are doing at least 55.

rant over"

Totally support this rant. Indicating as you start your move, or even afterwards boils my piss.

The idea is to tell other road users what you intend to do, not what you've already started to do or what you've just done.

Excuse my French; but fucking arseholes do that.

King's Crustacean

Because when passing the initial test most people don't have many bad habits,they are usually picked up along with lazy/shit driving practices once the test is out the way and their driving is unmonitored,especially those who have had their licences for several years.A regular retest would out the shit drivers and those who can't drive to an acceptable standard.Many professions require regular testing/ assessment for safety and competency reasons,yet someone can drive for a lifetime based on one 60 minute test,surely regular theory and practical assesment/testing would help to improve standards?I'm not saying it would solve the problem of shit drivers,some people are determined to drive like twats regardless,but I think it would help.I can think of a few people I know that would never be able to pass a current driving test because they're a liability on the road,despite them thinking they're the best driver around"

I'd agree with a regular test IF wankers drove like wankers during the test. They won't though. So there is no point in a re test.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

here is a question

rant over

Totally support this rant. Indicating as you start your move, or even afterwards boils my piss.

The idea is to tell other road users what you intend to do, not what you've already started to do or what you've just done.

Excuse my French; but fucking arseholes do that."

oh, and i thought signalling your intention early was really a signal for all the cars in the lane you want to move into was actually a signal telling them to all bunch up while muttering"you aint gettin in front of me twat"

Because when passing the initial test most people don't have many bad habits,they are usually picked up along with lazy/shit driving practices once the test is out the way and their driving is unmonitored,especially those who have had their licences for several years.A regular retest would out the shit drivers and those who can't drive to an acceptable standard.Many professions require regular testing/ assessment for safety and competency reasons,yet someone can drive for a lifetime based on one 60 minute test,surely regular theory and practical assesment/testing would help to improve standards?I'm not saying it would solve the problem of shit drivers,some people are determined to drive like twats regardless,but I think it would help.I can think of a few people I know that would never be able to pass a current driving test because they're a liability on the road,despite them thinking they're the best driver around

I'd agree with a regular test IF wankers drove like wankers during the test. They won't though. So there is no point in a re test."

It probably wouldn't get rid of wankers,but it would help get rid of incapable drivers.Only way to get rid of wankers is more enforcement and much harsher penalties.For example,instant disqualification if caught using a mobile phone whilst driving,lifetime disqualification for drink/drug driving and speed limiters on all vehicles would go a long way to reducing the problems of phone use,drink/drug driving and speeding.Harsh penalties are easy enough to introduce,it's the enforcement that's been the issue in recent times

By *iercedItMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Almost without exception it's BMW and Audi. Oh and big Porsche like the Cayenne.

Audi drivers are especially bad for not indicating, are Audi indicators like £10,000 to replace ?

A driving examiner even told me, joking don't get an Audi for at least 2 years if you pass, because you'll back in a few months with 6+ points retaking your test.

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

"Hey! My indicators work perfectly well thanks I'm going to finger point the Range Rover drivers

C"

Not just range rovers any Chelsea fucking tractor drivers they don't come with any indicators and most of them who drive them don't even know how to engage the 4 wheel drive ??????????

By *eadySteadyCockCouple  over a year ago

Tredegar

Teenage boys who think going fast is better than an orgasm!

By *appyhumper123Man  over a year ago

hull

BMW, FACT

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Taxi drivers, especially in Portsmouth.

I drive a lot at night and can tell stories.

Gangsta wannabes often force their way past even though it's your right of way. They also, on a narrow street, turn into it even though they see you coming down from the other side, then expect YOU to reverse all the way back through to the other end, no kidding, just to avoid having to defer to anyone in any way. [cue racist accusation even though I haven't been racist lol?]

And I'm really sorry, but stuck up ladies who don't say thanks or acknowledge in any way, even though it was your right of way but you deferred to them, like they're too good for you. At least guys always tend to thank you and be a bit more humble.

Most of my near miss experiences have been from female Muslims.

"Most of my near miss experiences have been from female Muslims."

You stopped to ask their religion?

"Most of my near miss experiences have been from female Muslims.

You stopped to ask their religion?"

No he just seen the burkha

I worry that people who drive a Honda Jazz are even still alive!

By *aughtycouple1008Couple  over a year ago

west london

here is a question

rant over"

i indicate at least five seconds before the transaction and also look if its safe to do so......

Audi and Astra's

"Most of my near miss experiences have been from female Muslims.

You stopped to ask their religion?"

Must confess to basing their religion on that all were wearing a hijab.

Because as she was reversing i was banging on the window telling her to stop. She carried on 10-15 metres. Once she finally stopped she gets out the car, barely knowing whats just happened and says, "i didnt see you" classic. Honza jazz also.Then she offered me 15 pound, I just laughed!! 4 grand pay out for the bike. Also a nice 3500 whiplash claim"

15 pound LMAO

Because as she was reversing i was banging on the window telling her to stop. She carried on 10-15 metres. Once she finally stopped she gets out the car, barely knowing whats just happened and says, "i didnt see you" classic. Honza jazz also.Then she offered me 15 pound, I just laughed!! 4 grand pay out for the bike. Also a nice 3500 whiplash claim

15 pound LMAO "

I was in shock. She were so sturn looking, She didnt even care ir look in her mirrors!! Mrs Joyce

15 pound LMAO

I was in shock. She were so sturn looking, She didnt even care ir look in her mirrors!! Mrs Joyce "

My nan once reversed into a tree and blamed me... i was 15 and in the passenger seat. Apparently it was my fault for not being ready earlier.

Plymouth

Also I am a cyclist, and basically 100% of the times I almost got mowed down was by some hard faced woman at a roundabout, driving onto it without even looking. And I'm a fast cyclist so I don't dawdle. This is something I noticed cos I look out of curiosity into the car to catch a glance of what kind of person just almost took me out if I hadn't slowed down in time.

Ladies I'm sorry I actually love you really! You're too sexy for me to alienate.

Don't matter what car they drive but taxi drivers they think they are allowed to do anything!

And maybe to follow up bin lorry drivers loads of space to pull in 10yds in front but no they want to block the road especially if I'm running late!

15 pound LMAO

I was in shock. She were so sturn looking, She didnt even care ir look in her mirrors!! Mrs Joyce

My nan once reversed into a tree and blamed me... i was 15 and in the passenger seat. Apparently it was my fault for not being ready earlier. "

Hahaha

Heres a funny one. My mates dad was in thailand, he progressed through a green light. A thai man crashed into him. Anyway after some chit chat the police arrive. Says to my mates dad. What happened? He says its that mans fault, he went thru a red light. The copper said to him, its ur fault, if you werent in the country, it wouldnt have happened. Fair one went away with a few thousand bhat down!! Happy birthday

Worst drivers?

Car drivers.

If everyone was forced to ride a motorbike for 2 years before driving a car, they would be a lot more observant.

Every accident I have been in, or any of my mates have been in have invariably involved the driver saying "sorry I didn't see you"

My last bike that was totalled was a Silver Tourer with a 6ft me on top in High Viz, on a pleasant September morning....

"I worry that people who drive a Honda Jazz are even still alive!"
I drive a Honda jazz and I'm still here

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Quarry lorry drivers. Unfortunately live near quite a few quarries and they're lunatics

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

Anyone who doesn't indicate. Usually Audi, BMW or an urban tractor of some kind. It really irritates me when they drift out in front of me on the motorway, overtake a lorry and then drift back into the lane with zero indication.

Driving to work today, roundabout with 4 exits, almost everyone goes for the 1st exit, I was the only one I could see ahead or behind who indicated. Same again coming back later when it's most of the way round the roundabout.

That sort of selfish, bone idle, talentless driving should be punished. There's no good excuse for not indicating. Just utter utter selfishness. People claim to "forget". Funny how they forget that bit but not how to steer or brake.... all part of driving.

/rant before I get all angry.

Whoever is in front of me

"I worry that people who drive a Honda Jazz are even still alive!I drive a Honda jazz and I'm still here "

R.I.P

Can I just say to the mothers in their 4WD cars taking the weans to school along the narrow streets of my wee town, it's not an aircraft carrier you're piloting - there's really no need to be so far out from the kerb that a 6 lane motorway could be built in the space you've left. See those white lines? They're there for a reason.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

white van drivers especially on Fridays and 4x4 drivers

Plymouth

"Anyone who doesn't indicate. Usually Audi, BMW or an urban tractor of some kind. It really irritates me when they drift out in front of me on the motorway, overtake a lorry and then drift back into the lane with zero indication.

Driving to work today, roundabout with 4 exits, almost everyone goes for the 1st exit, I was the only one I could see ahead or behind who indicated. Same again coming back later when it's most of the way round the roundabout.

That sort of selfish, bone idle, talentless driving should be punished. There's no good excuse for not indicating. Just utter utter selfishness. People claim to "forget". Funny how they forget that bit but not how to steer or brake.... all part of driving.

/rant before I get all angry. "

Totally with you, it grinds my gears

Plymouth

Here's a disgusting story.

A dude in Portsmouth gets out of his car at night in a dark street. Some cyclist crashes into his door, she had no lights, dark clothing etc.

Screaming it's his fault, the police arrive and decree the cyclist was 100% at fault, quite rightly cos even checking mirrors, blind spot, you just can't SEE them much of the time without lights.

But she was taken away in an ambulance (probably precautionary) because of that, the police were kind to her and decided not to give the caution they were going to give her.

She then sued the driver's company (he was at work when it happened) for 7,000 pounds (can't find pound sign on keyboard), and WON! Amazing.

By *.H.SMan  over a year ago

London

Yep I believe it too!!! Cyclists are the only uninsured vehicle on the road. Like the above if it ain’t sorted there and then you get shafted!!! Had a close shave myself only cost my 45quid to soft rather that than 7ground jheeze

Big rig truckers are the best.... nuff said.... good night

By *atcherwankerMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I could grumble for days. My daily gripe is poor lane discipline, driving to work is like playing space invaders, trying to dodge the side-drifting cunts.

What's really grinding my gears at the moment though is merger lanes. To use my drive home as example: I cross a major island/junction on the ring road on my way home, I think it has five or six exits. The exit I take has two lanes that merge into one after about 8-10 car lengths, almost every night there's a queue of traffic tailing back from this exit, completely blocking the next entry, so the cars waiting to join the island are stuck where they are after their light goes to green. (Following me so far?) But the crucial point is that this queue of traffic is tailing back and clogging up the island from the left hand lane. The Right hand lane is COMPLETELY EMPTY. So I'll do the correct thing, use the right hand lane and join traffic at the merge. At which point everybody gets angry and starts bunching together or trying to accelerate ahead or cut across me to stop me "pushing in."

READ THE FUCKING HIGHWAY CODE YOU INDIGNANT FUCKING CLOWNS

"I could grumble for days. My daily gripe is poor lane discipline, driving to work is like playing space invaders, trying to dodge the side-drifting cunts.

What's really grinding my gears at the moment though is merger lanes. To use my drive home as example: I cross a major island/junction on the ring road on my way home, I think it has five or six exits. The exit I take has two lanes that merge into one after about 8-10 car lengths, almost every night there's a queue of traffic tailing back from this exit, completely blocking the next entry, so the cars waiting to join the island are stuck where they are after their light goes to green. (Following me so far?) But the crucial point is that this queue of traffic is tailing back and clogging up the island from the left hand lane. The Right hand lane is COMPLETELY EMPTY. So I'll do the correct thing, use the right hand lane and join traffic at the merge. At which point everybody gets angry and starts bunching together or trying to accelerate ahead or cut across me to stop me "pushing in."

READ THE FUCKING HIGHWAY CODE YOU INDIGNANT FUCKING CLOWNS"

yep that happens near me. I just follow the merge, the fuckers try to tighten the gap, as to not let you in, ultimately it results in them slamming on as i have right of way and im will be willing to crash, I will claim off them, due to their incompetence of the highway code. makes me laugh.

Asian lads in high powered cars that they can't control especially when they are on the phone at the same time they just don't give a shit about other road users

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

BMW Audi Volvo Mercedes Benz with some Renault for good measure

"I'm sure we've all experienced them but it is a myth that Audi & BMW drivers are the worst on the roads?

Any others?

"

When I had my Dodge Ram truck last year I didn’t have any problems with other car drivers....I found they were all kind enough to just move out of my way

MrsK

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Any others?

When I had my Dodge Ram truck last year I didn’t have any problems with other car drivers....I found they were all kind enough to just move out of my way

MrsK "

Normally the same when I'm in my Scania

"All other drivers but me of course."

Wanker

Manchester

That's funny, I took a Ford Ranger Twincab on small lift, with big bars on it, for a test drive, and oddly it seemed to be my right of way, more often.

I was so so so so very tempted to drive over curbs into car parks and stuff, I'd be so bad with one :/

Any others?

MrsK "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Is the answer some people?

With the acceptance that we will all at some point make mistakes when driving?

Always an Audi driver or BMW, always!

By *llfoursWoman  over a year ago

north east

BMW drivers think they own the roads!

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Cyclists!

Me... when I’m getting head !

Robin Reliant drivers

By *entenTeaCouple  over a year ago

Buckley North Wales

Top of the list of bad drivers is

ME!

I try to be cautious and carefull but the scars on my car tell a different story. Especially when reversing. I try to park well away from other people and drive in a mindfull manner often with out the radio to ensure focus. But still manage to piss people off.

Can't wait for affordable practical self driving cars.

By *andyblokeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

BMW and Audi and half of all landie drivers. why are people in such a rush?? take your time drive carefully.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Shed pullers?

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The people who enter the middle lane to overtake them don’t move in again. Doesn’t matter what they’re driving. Wankers.

The ditherers who almost cause accidents at every roundabout.

Makes my blood boil.

If you're a nervous driver, don't ####ing drive!! Get the bus and give us all a break

And breathe. Rant over

P x

98% of drivers in Bradford are just so appalling.

Manchester

Did anyone see the front page of the Daily Fail I mean Mail ?

The road chief type dude is pushing for more people to be given points and a fine for being as little as 1mph over the limit.

He wants to scrap the 10%+2mph guidance, and replace it with Limit+2mph.

He also wants to reduce the number of people being offered road awareness courses, unless within the 2mph then first offence is eligible.

Practically how would it work, so many things affect your speed. My cars digital speedo says 30mph but a rolling road says 27 and change, at 50mph rolling road says just over 47, its around 8% under clock.

My mates car, with big ass wheels, and his was showing 30mph on the clock, 29 on the rolling road, and is near on spot on.

Everything from tyre pressure, tyre profile, wheel size, old speedos, loads of things can affect how accurate your speedo is, and apparently most manufacturers are 10% under clock to allow for bigger tyres and stuff anyway.

If he gets his way, it could be really bad out there.

"Did anyone see the front page of the Daily Fail I mean Mail ?

The road chief type dude is pushing for more people to be given points and a fine for being as little as 1mph over the limit.

He wants to scrap the 10%+2mph guidance, and replace it with Limit+2mph.

He also wants to reduce the number of people being offered road awareness courses, unless within the 2mph then first offence is eligible.

Practically how would it work, so many things affect your speed. My cars digital speedo says 30mph but a rolling road says 27 and change, at 50mph rolling road says just over 47, its around 8% under clock.

My mates car, with big ass wheels, and his was showing 30mph on the clock, 29 on the rolling road, and is near on spot on.

Everything from tyre pressure, tyre profile, wheel size, old speedos, loads of things can affect how accurate your speedo is, and apparently most manufacturers are 10% under clock to allow for bigger tyres and stuff anyway.

If he gets his way, it could be really bad out there. "

so if were old we will be ok

» Add a new message to this topic