FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Aggressive profiles

Aggressive profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why? What's the point in this?

I've seen profiles on here and POF that don't paint a good picture of the person on the other end. They're not aggressive per se, more like arrogant.

On here some of them say ''if you look like a moose, don't waste my time'' or ''if you've slept with a load of mingers, scroll past me'' and they'll have quite a few verification's. I do wonder who actually finds that attitude attractive.

The thing that gets me is they belittle people for not looking a certain way, yet they're probably not even that attractive themselves. I've noticed that the profiles that have this attitude on them don't have any face pics. I'm not trying to generalise, but that's what I've noticed.

On POF I've seen the headlines on profiles say ''don't hate me because you ain't me'' or ''plenty of freaks more like''. Whenever I see a profile like that anywhere it just makes me think they're an absolute twat and really question the type of people who would message them.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entileschiWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

Always off putting

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've had profiles like that and you're right, they can make you look like a twat. I remember writing something like if you wouldn't approach me in a cluband and expect a response don't expect one on here. It reads terribly and I only done it cos I was clutching at straws and trying to make myself look better to a guy who I was trying to keep his interest. It's quite pathetic actually.

My first paragraph is quite aggressive but it's cos it really annoys me when people message asking if they can ask me a question!

I don't believe there is anything agressive about my profile, or me in fact, unless someone was having a go at my family ... Different story then perhaps x

The moment I see something like that in a profile I go back straight away because I already know I'm not gonna be what they're looking for. I don't go back because I don't wanna waste their time, I do it because I don't wanna waste my time.

Such profiles make for a great filter

They are useful as a filter.

[Removed by poster at 31/05/18 17:08:42]

"The moment I see something like that in a profile I go back straight away because I already know I'm not gonna be what they're looking for. I don't go back because I don't wanna waste their time, I do it because I don't wanna waste my time."

What? What I wrote?

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Ours is aggressive Ive been told... coz Im a really shouty ranty aggressive person ggrrr!

Normally I don’t bother to read the profile. Just go straight for the boobies and bum pics. I’m shallow

Shallow as fuck

"I've had profiles like that and you're right, they can make you look like a twat. I remember writing something like if you wouldn't approach me in a cluband and expect a response don't expect one on here. It reads terribly and I only done it cos I was clutching at straws and trying to make myself look better to a guy who I was trying to keep his interest. It's quite pathetic actually.

My first paragraph is quite aggressive but it's cos it really annoys me when people message asking if they can ask me a question!"

Your first paragraph is fine, I get why you'd put that on there if you constantly get messages like that. The club response thing is off putting though. I mean did you ever get any messages and meets from people you'd never spoken to before when you had that on your profile? I feel like it's a very counter-productive way to approach the site and I'd imagine it would do more harm to your image than good (not your image, just in general).

"Shallow as fuck "

That's a reason I don't bother with a profile now and only have a pic of my tits.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

My profile is like me. Good natured and easy going. Profiles such as the ones you've described I wouldn't give a second glance. Odds are good personalities wouldn't be compatible so what's the point?

"The moment I see something like that in a profile I go back straight away because I already know I'm not gonna be what they're looking for. I don't go back because I don't wanna waste their time, I do it because I don't wanna waste my time.

What? What I wrote? "

No, what did you write? That was just a follow up response to my original post. From what I've seen of your profile it's not aggressive at all.

I thínk sometimes people write profiles and mean them to sound humerous. Trouble with profiles and text is that you can't read the 'affect' behind it, so sometimes they come across in a certain way unintentionally.

"Shallow as fuck

That's a reason I don't bother with a profile now and only have a pic of my tits. "

Oh hi

Works for me!

The ones who are on their veris apparently do .

I am not the greatest fan of them either OP. I just see them as another form of filtering

"Ours is aggressive Ive been told... coz Im a really shouty ranty aggressive person ggrrr! "

I think the only off-putting thing about your profile is the bit about how anyone engaging in small talk should bugger off and bother someone else. That's sort of what I'm talking about. I don't really understand why that would need to be in a profile. Telling someone to bugger off gives the impression that you view yourself as better than others. You probably don't, but that's how someone could interpret it.

The rest of it is actually okay.

"I've had profiles like that and you're right, they can make you look like a twat. I remember writing something like if you wouldn't approach me in a cluband and expect a response don't expect one on here. It reads terribly and I only done it cos I was clutching at straws and trying to make myself look better to a guy who I was trying to keep his interest. It's quite pathetic actually.

My first paragraph is quite aggressive but it's cos it really annoys me when people message asking if they can ask me a question!

Your first paragraph is fine, I get why you'd put that on there if you constantly get messages like that. The club response thing is off putting though. I mean did you ever get any messages and meets from people you'd never spoken to before when you had that on your profile? I feel like it's a very counter-productive way to approach the site and I'd imagine it would do more harm to your image than good (not your image, just in general).

"

I didn't have it long but yeah I still got messages. I genuinely was trying to big myself up and try anything to make myself look better to that guy. Probably put him off even more. Along with my status updates saying too many messages have to bulk delete! I mean I did have lots of messages as I always do, but it just made me sound like a complete knob.

By *ubiousOatcakeMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"My first paragraph is quite aggressive but it's cos it really annoys me when people message asking if they can ask me a question!"

Can I ask you something, though?

"I didn't have it long but yeah I still got messages. I genuinely was trying to big myself up and try anything to make myself look better to that guy. Probably put him off even more. Along with my status updates saying too many messages have to bulk delete! I mean I did have lots of messages as I always do, but it just made me sound like a complete knob. "

My profile isn't perfect, it's probably pretty shit in comparison to others, but instead of bigging myself up, I tend to downplay myself. There's a bit in there about how we won't have Earth shattering sex, we probably won't even move the headboard. Maybe not the best thing to say when selling yourself, but I use humour to sell myself, often self-deprecating, and I'm happy with it.

It hasn't got me any meets, but I'm not gonna bullshit my way into bed with someone by pretending to be I'm some sort of sex god. I'd never be so arrogant to say my pussy eating skills are unrivaled. I like doing it and I'd like to think I know what I'm doing, but I'd never brag about being amazing at it.

There’s loads of passive aggressiveness on profiles as well as negativity.

Lots of do’s and dont’s.

Winks will be deleted

You will be blocked etc.

Lighten up people this is supposed to be fun? Isn’t it ??

I've gone for passive aggressive instead. Some don't see the irony.

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

London

THIS TYPE OF PROFILE ARE LAUGHABLE!!!

"The moment I see something like that in a profile I go back straight away because I already know I'm not gonna be what they're looking for. I don't go back because I don't wanna waste their time, I do it because I don't wanna waste my time.

What? What I wrote?

No, what did you write? That was just a follow up response to my original post. From what I've seen of your profile it's not aggressive at all. "

Best to reply with quote because that was directly below my comment

"I've gone for passive aggressive instead. Some don't see the irony.

"

''Forget it, Rubi. This is Fabtown!''

"THIS TYPE OF PROFILE ARE LAUGHABLE!!!"

Shush up

I think there is a fine line between arrogance and assertiveness... if I don’t like a profile I just block. Lots of choice on this site xx

Slough Windsor ish

"Ours is aggressive Ive been told... coz Im a really shouty ranty aggressive person ggrrr!

I think the only off-putting thing about your profile is the bit about how anyone engaging in small talk should bugger off and bother someone else. That's sort of what I'm talking about. I don't really understand why that would need to be in a profile. Telling someone to bugger off gives the impression that you view yourself as better than others. You probably don't, but that's how someone could interpret it.

The rest of it is actually okay. "

Thank you.

The bit about small talk doesnt really so it either... still they come with 'hi'... 'hru'... 'wuu2'... 'm or f'... all sent over the course of two days. Not even a continual speedy conversation. It really bores my tits off

Slough Windsor ish

"Ours is aggressive Ive been told... coz Im a really shouty ranty aggressive person ggrrr!

The rest of it is actually okay.

Thank you.

The bit about small talk doesnt really so it either... still they come with 'hi'... 'hru'... 'wuu2'... 'm or f'... all sent over the course of two days. Not even a continual speedy conversation. It really bores my tits off

"

*stop it either

My first paragraph is quite aggressive but it's cos it really annoys me when people message asking if they can ask me a question!"

What is it with the question thing? I just don’t get it. It’s usually a pervy one so I don’t respond now.

What is it with the question thing? I just don’t get it. It’s usually a pervy one so I don’t respond now. "

Do they ever include the question in their initial message? Or do they leave it hoping you'll ask them?

"The ones who are on their veris apparently do .

I am not the greatest fan of them either OP. I just see them as another form of filtering "

"There’s loads of passive aggressiveness on profiles as well as negativity.

Lots of do’s and dont’s.

Winks will be deleted

You will be blocked etc.

Lighten up people this is supposed to be fun? Isn’t it ?? "

You start out without the do’s and dont’s believe me. Once you’ve had hundreds of messages to deal with then you decide to tweak it from sheer frustration.

What is it with the question thing? I just don’t get it. It’s usually a pervy one so I don’t respond now.

Do they ever include the question in their initial message? Or do they leave it hoping you'll ask them?"

No, they just say “hi, can I ask you a question?”

Can I ask please?

Do they ever include the question in their initial message? Or do they leave it hoping you'll ask them?

No, they just say “hi, can I ask you a question?”"

I don't know how they expect that to get them a positive result. I just ask the question I wanted to ask. Usually it's because of something I've seen on the profile that's intrigued me.

I don't know how they expect that to get them a positive result. I just ask the question I wanted to ask. Usually it's because of something I've seen on the profile that's intrigued me."

It’s usually followed by what’s your boob size or do you like guys wanking over your pics or breasts.

No, they just say “hi, can I ask you a question?”"

That one's up there with 'Hi' in regards to repetition

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Can I ask please? "

NO.

Can I ask please?

NO. "

Spoil sport

Can I ask please?

NO. "

Why not, I want to ask you a question?

I don't know how they expect that to get them a positive result. I just ask the question I wanted to ask. Usually it's because of something I've seen on the profile that's intrigued me.

It’s usually followed by what’s your boob size or do you like guys wanking over your pics or breasts. "

How? Why? Who? There are no words to describe how baffled I am as to why they'd expect that to work. I'd at least want them to buy me a drink first.

It’s usually followed by what’s your boob size or do you like guys wanking over your pics or breasts.

How? Why? Who? There are no words to describe how baffled I am as to why they'd expect that to work. I'd at least want them to buy me a drink first. "

It’s just part of the experience on here.

Followed by the crippling shame I'd feel after realising I'd sold myself so cheap.

"Followed by the crippling shame I'd feel after realising I'd sold myself so cheap."

Stay true to yourself and then you will be ok.

"Followed by the crippling shame I'd feel after realising I'd sold myself so cheap.

Stay true to yourself and then you will be ok. "

In that case I'll settle for an happy meal and a packet of jaffa cakes.

"Followed by the crippling shame I'd feel after realising I'd sold myself so cheap.

In that case I'll settle for an happy meal and a packet of jaffa cakes."

Jaffa cakes are the best!

Jaffa cakes are the best! "

They're my go-to snack. Thinking about snacks I miss cheesy Nik-Nak's. I really didn't mean for that to rhyme.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Can I ask please?

NO.

Why not, I want to ask you a question? "

You're a bit buggered then as you just did

Jaffa cakes are the best!

They're my go-to snack. Thinking about snacks I miss cheesy Nik-Nak's. I really didn't mean for that to rhyme."

I just have Cheetos and here in St Lucia they have similar called cheese sticks.

Can I ask please?

NO.

Why not, I want to ask you a question?

You're a bit buggered then as you just did "

I’m greedy

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

People read profiles?

Well I never

"People read profiles?

Well I never"

Men ‘read’ the pictures

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

"People read profiles?

Well I never

Men ‘read’ the pictures "

I like the profiles when they have a list of"i dont"

I really dont care what you dont do

"I like the profiles when they have a list of"i dont"

I really dont care what you dont do

"

My ‘don’t do’ is shorter than what ‘I do’ so easier to put.

"People read profiles?

Well I never"

I always read the profile first, then I go down to the pictures. Their profile picture draws me in initially, but it ultimately always come back to the profile itself.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Just had a thought, how would most people react to some of the replies on this thread, passive, passive/aggressive, aggresive or laid back fun?

Just a thought.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I've often thought of rewriting my profile along the lines of 'I'm not into this or that' blah, blah but I haven't because I don't want to come across as a moaning Minnie!

I've been on here a while and I get a lot of messages from guys who haven't read my profile ~ it just gets very frustrating!!!

I recently saw someone state on a profile that they weren’t deleting it because the people they’d met would lose their verifications

[Removed by poster at 31/05/18 21:00:27]

"I've gone for passive aggressive instead. Some don't see the irony.

"

Why you thinking of ironing at a time like this

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

People are arseholes. Simple.

» Add a new message to this topic