FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Paying to get into local New years eve

Paying to get into local New years eve

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am having a moan as my local is charging £45 per head to go new years eve. Think its disgusting.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

But what do you get for that, surely thats not the price to just walk in the pub??

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

That does seem excessive, I'd be voting with my feet if I didn't think it value for money..;-)

are they putting on entertainment, free food, free bar .?

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Anything included in price like drinks, entertainment, buffet etc ?

Bar staff and security costs will increase that night as well.

xbx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People have a choice whether to accept inflated entrance fees for events this time of the year.

Establishments will set prices that they believe people would or willing to pay.

Perhaps they are trying to attract a certain type of clients.

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"People have a choice whether to accept inflated entrance fees for events this time of the year.

Establishments will set prices that they believe people would or willing to pay.

Perhaps they are trying to attract a certain type of clients. "

for that sort of money you could have a reasonable trip down the offy, nip in a shop for some party nibbles and have a few folks round for a small party.. lol

Wolf

The price includes glass of champagne, buffet and live music. Still a lot though its since the millenium that pubs have started charging

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"The price includes glass of champagne, buffet and live music. Still a lot though its since the millenium that pubs have started charging"

lol, sorry shaz but that seems pretty reasonable for new years eve. Especially with the live music and buffet. Somewhere here is doing the same but charging £50 with fireworks.

But i dont go out new years eve and the last few years i did we tended to go to parties

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

This is one of the reasons i hate NYE...first footing seems to have totally died out,in England at least,and been replaced by paying to go to a pub full off d*unk people whose regrets about the past lead to violence,tears,arguements...

Forum Mod

Our local has never charged anything to get in on NYE theres a band which is normally pretty good but then its a good night as its full of friends and its walking distance

I would'nt pay £45 to get in there though,id have everyone here and charge them £30

Perhaps you should throw your own bash, ask everyone to bring their own beer and nibbles,

I always find this too be a much better night than the pub

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"I am having a moan as my local is charging £45 per head to go new years eve. Think its disgusting."

Some pubs think it's the only way to manage the crowds and make their pubs safe. It's an endless argument, and no-one's ever convinced.

Most of my locals will be free entry, and so will my club - but after the Friday for Xmas I've done my fill of unpaid bouncing for 2011, especially as I have damaged a bone in my wrist.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Lots of places in Newcastle city centre charge so the backlash is that more ppl are going local... It's more the done thing now

i wouldnt pay to get into a normal pub

bloody hell chams is only charging a tenner for single women and they putting on food an a drink too, sod the live music id sooner have a jacuzzi and a shag lol

£45 is just robbing you

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

All this charging to get in seemed to have started in the Millennium year..

A couple of pubs here tried it on and charged 40 quid a head to get in..people voted with their feet and literally no one went in them...

If the landlord are charging what they are to recoup money then fair enough..a decent band will be looking at 400+ a head on NYE ...but if the landlord is doing it for pure greed then its another matter..

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"I am having a moan as my local is charging £45 per head to go new years eve. Think its disgusting.

Some pubs think it's the only way to manage the crowds and make their pubs safe. It's an endless argument, and no-one's ever convinced.

Most of my locals will be free entry, and so will my club - but after the Friday for Xmas I've done my fill of unpaid bouncing for 2011, especially as I have damaged a bone in my wrist."

well i could have told you...the first rule is get the money first

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

One of the pubs in ly village is charging a fiver and i thought that was steep lol

[Removed by poster at 26/12/11 00:14:28]

Was going to a singles club in Rochdale where I am working, but its £30 to become a member, and £30 for NYE. That does include 1 glass on entry tho.

Like others, I'm voting with my feet, and my dick!lol

Happy New Year when it comes

My Son works as a doorman and his pub on NYE is having a live band, a comedian, hot and cold buffet, free champagne at midnight and all for free

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

"I am having a moan as my local is charging £45 per head to go new years eve. Think its disgusting."

Vote with ur feet gal... that is seriously taking the piss by anyones standards

By *ax the gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Blimey millenium night admission was only £20 at the local pub that included a free drink and music late bar as well. To get charged that ridiculose aamount in my opinoion is not worth paying the night will work out at £200 with some twat getting into a fight to add to the benefits of it in my humble opinion i would go to a private party or go to a local pub

"I am having a moan as my local is charging £45 per head to go new years eve. Think its disgusting.

Vote with ur feet gal... that is seriously taking the piss by anyones standards"

That is why I am going out a night early on the Friday and my kids are having a sleepover and I will be doing a party for them New years eve.

I hate NYE, or moreover the almost expected revelry, with a vengeance - it is the one night of the year when I know I will definately be staying in !

Humbug anyone ?

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

The pub I work in is charging £29.99 a head, that includes a glass of champagne, a 3 course meal, and live music.

£45 is taking the piss!!!

i havent done a pub or club for new years for agessss

i think house parties are way better

45 squid...welcome to rip off great Britain....I'm sure there are better places to go...you'd be surprised how many people would rather go to a house &/or swingers party. I'm sure these places are more geared up for young, impressionable teens with excess cash.

welcome to www.ripoff.uk.com

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

I have 3 rules regarding going out drinking...

Don't pay to get in anywhere i usually get in for nothing.

Don't go anywhere that has bouncers, as there's usually a reason they need bouncers !

Don't go anywhere that tells me what I'm allowed to wear to get in.

By *illycarrolCouple  over a year ago

n/cle on tyne

new years eve has been crap for years since millenium i reckon up newcastle a lot of folk do new years day its a lot better with no big expectations and dickheads wishing you happy new year then nutting ya

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"dickheads wishing you happy new year then nutting ya"

pmsfl

I wouldnt pay it, no way, specially if your a regular .

Im having a wi party in me kitchen. much better

I am having a dilemma over NYE. My housemates and I am meant to be having a party, but there a couple of people going who I really don't like. I can't escape to my room as people will think I am being anti-social and rude. But I do really fancy not being here.

By *xscotMan  over a year ago

Kingston

Im going to a dance - good music - lots of (non sexual) partners and only £14 including canapes

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

got a £50 near me inc drinks, thanks but no thanks !

Off to a NYE dance evening at the dance school where I am learning to dance, with bring-a-dish type American supper.

It will be fun!

"got a £50 near me inc drinks, thanks but no thanks !"

I notice that all these quotes of 45 to 50 quid to get in are eminating from the midlands...has this became tradition around your parts? I'm so glad I live in the north, where my nearest locals charge bugger all, bugger all and seven pound fifty.

And none of them are in shit neighbourhoods, so there's never any chew and a good craic to be had!

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

"The price includes glass of champagne, buffet and live music. Still a lot though its since the millenium that pubs have started charging

lol, sorry shaz but that seems pretty reasonable for new years eve. Especially with the live music and buffet. Somewhere here is doing the same but charging £50 with fireworks.

But i dont go out new years eve and the last few years i did we tended to go to parties"

Reasonable coz of the live music?? Most the pubs here have live music most weekends.. I still wouldn't pay £45 to get in them! Soz.. but I think that's a rip off.

I would refuse to pay anything if its my local and they been having my money over the past year, bloody cheek.

I will stick to having a wi in the kitchen with a curry and nibbles

sorted

Thornton

"I would refuse to pay anything if its my local and they been having my money over the past year, bloody cheek.

sorted "

Your gonna have a 'wi' in the kitchen???

Thornton

"I would refuse to pay anything if its my local and they been having my money over the past year, bloody cheek.

sorted "

Your gonna have a 'wi' in the kitchen???

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

sorted "

cant u use the toilet like everyone else!

Not as much fun tho...

wi sing and wi dance is better

Well I am sorted am off to Chams on weds so that will be my new years eve and Christmas treat, mum gave me some Christmas money to treat myself and that's what I am going to do. Can get the train and go to chams and its still cheaper than a night in town go figure.

That doesnt surprise me, might be worth it if you get lots of food, i think i would prefer to go to pub for a meal then have an early night.

» Add a new message to this topic