Do you sleep with your dog

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mine usually end up jumping on my bed at some point during the night

Anyone else? I don't understand people who own a dog a leave it outside

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

When I had a dog I would try to keep him out of my room, but he would sneak in during the night and sleep on my feet. I usually let him, kept me warm

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Of course you should some times if you had kids you would let them sleep in your bed a dog should have the same compassion and love and respect you give to your family

[Removed by poster at 24/02/19 23:56:15]

I would die for my dogs no shit

One sleeps on the end of my bed.. one in a basket next to my bed.. the other 2 little ones have a big bed in the kitchen. Love them all!

By *egularLegsMan  over a year ago

Erdington

I used to have a dog called Penny however she died from a tumor. Have not had another dog since.

She used to jump on my bed at night and slowly push me off untill I was teetering on the edge of the matress. If I managed to fall asleep she would give one big push and I would end up falling completely out of bed.

In the mornings if she didn't fall asleep on my bed she would edge her way under the covers and fall asleep.

She did have a sleeping basket with a very comfy dog matress and blanket but she would still try and push me out of my bed so she could have it to herself.

Yep, unless B is here, in which case she goes in her own bed. In the morning she'll jump on, and rest her head on his legs whilst looking lovingly at him. It gives me the warm fuzzies when she does that.

P

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

I've always had outdoor dogs. Even as a child. They were perfectly happy and very much loved as part of the family. If they were ill they were brought inside and nursed.

My last dog was far happier outdoors and didn't like being in the house at all. She loved her wide open spaces and being able to do as she pleased. She fell ill early last year and as her illness progressed I had to bring her indoors to care for her full time. I had to ask my mum or dad to come over and sit with her while I was at work, and I slept on the sofa for 3 months to keep her company in case she woke up distressed in the night. Her initial prognosis was 1-2 weeks, but she lasted 3 months longer. I still miss her terribly. No... I never had a dog who slept in my bed. Doesn't mean I didn't love them and care for them. They were family.

My dogs don't sleep on my bed , but they aren't outside, and they are an integral part of my family

When I was married, the dogs slept in their beds. When I divorced, they slept on the bed from day one.

By *ewrocksWoman  over a year ago

button moon

My staff used to sleep in my bed, he'd burrow under the covers and curl up behind my feet.his arthritis means he's not to clever on the stairs anymore, and my jrt cross is a chewy shit, so they now sleep downstairs. Foster pup wasn't impressed at first but she's now settled with the boys too.

By *ong legs n LingeireWoman  over a year ago

it up to me neck. :-)

Being single and having a double bed I allow my pooch to sleep on the spare pillows. Can be a bit of a pain when she’s in a snoring mood, but wouldn’t have it any other way. X

No. They sleep downstairs in the hall. I had a German Shepherd who would sleep on the landing, but these two would be in the bedrooms chewing anything they can find.

They also shed and I don't want to sleep in dog hair.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

The cats have always slept on my bed. I never close my bedroom door, cats don't understand "get out"

When we got our dog 2yrs I was adamant she slept downstairs in her crate. We also had a house bunny

I'd say "night nights" and they'd happily go into the crate, get tucked up under the blanket together.

It lasted a year... We lost our bunny, and 3 weeks later one of the cats

I came home from work one day to find the dog asleep on my bed, curled up with the cat who hadn't left my room since her sister died

I didn’t have the heart to separate them & make her sleep downstairs after that

one of my boys sleeps next to me and likes to arrange his pillows, the other lays by my feet. I own malamutes.

best cuddles ever. I'm never cold

By *andys manMan  over a year ago

colchester

Its not fun whe you go to a meet and her dog jumps on the bed and licks your arse lol, what else has it been licking

No. The first night we had him he howled for his siblings so I slept in his crate with him. When he was grown he slept across the kids bedroom doors at night.

My dog gets the spare bedroom to himself. We tried a few times having him in with us but he growls at us if we disturb his sleep and undoubtedly through the night would try to get on our bed. There just isn't room for 2 people and a big greyhound on a king size bed!

By *eal Deal PartiesWoman  over a year ago

x

My staffie sleeps with me xx

No would do my head in

Lie down with dogs,,,,you get up with fleas.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I sleep with a cockapoo whilst my old retriever lies on the bedroom floor beside me. He is welcome on the bed too but due to arthritis he is no longer ableto jump up.

One word - hygiene. But then I am not a dog person and don't understand people's obsession with their pets. They're animals and yet people imbue them with human qualities

Nope mines no longer capable of getting up the stairs but has a expensive memory foam dog bed to sleep on. Even when she could I didn't permit her to sleep on the bed she's far too big and she doh d sleep on the landing

Don't get me started on how it's now common to see dogs in pubs and cafes.

By *uteLittleGeekWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

No I don’t let him on my bed as he is huge . Plus I am ocd about bedding so would be washing it every day .

He has day bed in the kitchen , then on the top

Of the stairs is luxury lounge bed that he likes but most of times he sleeps with my son .

My dog sleeps on her bed which is at the end of my bed. She has done since I rescued her 8 years ago. She did used to jump on my bed for a cuddle but never stayed long. She is struggling to get upstairs now and has arthritis. I won't be able to carry her as she's a big dog, so eventually, she will have to settle downstairs. I don't have kids, so she's my baby, I love her to the moon.

I used to have a dog and he didn’t sleep in the bedroom, he slept downstairs. Since I’ve not had the dog, I find myself getting big hay fever symptoms around cats and dogs with skin irritations at times...

I wouldn’t fancy that if I’m indulging in sexual activities with someone who’s had their dog / cat in their bed!

By *eeroybrownMan  over a year ago

aldershot

Yup! So many times we've said "the dogs must sleep downstairs" but weaken after a few days so just don't bother trying anymore.

On a practical note though, it does mean if there are problems in the night you can get straight up with them - meaning you don't get down in the morning to mess.

Problem is, ours are pretty lanky so tend to take up most of the bed... (Tip, get yourself a super kingsize duvet)

No no and no just the thought turn's my tummy. That's what dog beds are for

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I generally end up with both cats in bed with me, considering its a king size bed they take up a hell of a lot of room.

By *owdyboy 890Man  over a year ago

Tralee

No he has his own bed and it isn't mine xx

By *ranberriesWoman  over a year ago

London

"I generally end up with both cats in bed with me, considering its a king size bed they take up a hell of a lot of room."

Same here and they still try to sleep on my side on at the bottom so I can’t stretch my legs.

Our cocker spaniel loves his creature comforts and always gets on the bed during the night. Sometimes he chooses to sleep in his bed out on the landing at first but most of the time joins the rest of the pack. He's quite a big lump but he's very considerate and usually waits for us to be fast asleep before joining us.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

no dogs but 3 cats and i have to sleep round them

Hell no! I've never been a fan of pets in the bedroom. Mine has his own bed in the hall, which he likes to move about, in relation to the radiator and how cold it is..

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Yep . Every night

Sleeps on my bed when I’m not there,but when go to bed goes sleep in kids room.Unfortunately a wire haired jack Russel so always hoovering

aldershot

"Our cocker spaniel loves his creature comforts and always gets on the bed during the night. Sometimes he chooses to sleep in his bed out on the landing at first but most of the time joins the rest of the pack. He's quite a big lump but he's very considerate and usually waits for us to be fast asleep before joining us."

One of ours gets up as soon as we're on bed.

The other is like a ninja and gets up during the night but we've never yet heard or felt her get up

They're both pretty tall so just step up on the bed

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

Think the nun prefers ours to me

We got a gorgeous rescue when myself and my first husband got married (20 years ago) and we had a really lovely cottage but my god it got cold at night and on one particular night it was bloody freezing, so our lovely dog got into bed with us, inbetween us and stayed there all night with the duvet over her.

We went on to have three kids and even they wasn’t welcome in the bed

God rest her soul, it was a sad day when we had to take her to the vets.

Geeky x

By *W ChapMan  over a year ago

Swindon

No they sleep downstairs, and they aren't allowed on the sofa/chairs either.

I usually have several cats festooned around the bed who regularly pin me down. I hate closed doors, so they have free reign over the sleeping arrangements. I do have one weapon in my defence though, a remote control dry-food feeder. If the cats are bugging me too much I press the button, the cats hear the noise and there's a general stampede to the bowl. This gives me a few minutes to get comfortable and the cats get a midnight snack. All I need now is a remote control whisky dispenser and we'll all be happy

My dog spends the night in her crate, which is in the kitchen, but comes up to my bed in the morning for a cuddle

So most dog and sone cat owners sleep with their pets

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Dogs are pack animals. Mine died a few years back now but i let my fellas dog sleep in bed with me. He doesn't like her being in the bed but let's her when i'm stopping over and she has 2 dog beds,one for downstairs and one for his bedroom.

My own dog was allowed on our beds too, any of mine or the kids.

Depending on age and privilige earnt some do and some dont. Almost impossible to keep the old girl off a bed so Ive stopped trying

Yes my dog always sleeps on my bed! 56 kg of German Shepherd, and he snores worse than any guy!

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Our rescue Shih Tzu stayed out of the bedroom for the first 3 nights, then she got her own way.

Yes but I fidget so she goes on her own bed quite quickly

"Our rescue Shih Tzu stayed out of the bedroom for the first 3 nights, then she got her own way."

Further confirmation of what I've always thought.It's the animals that control the humans.

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I’ve got two Cocker Spaniels and they sleep in a dog bed which is at the bottom of my bed.

Then when I get up first thing to go to the loo - it’s an age thing - and get a coffee they join me on the bed. They look so content snoozing next to me that when I finally get up I try not to disturb them!

Always used to wake up with my exs dog laying next to me. She was like my white shadow. Bichon...

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Do not like dogs in bed ...

Cat ok in bed but..

"Do not like dogs in bed ...

Cat ok in bed but.."

But what?...

By *aughtywifeyWoman  over a year ago

close

Could never have my dog in my room as he’d would try to attack my husband as soon as he would touch me for morning sex.

"Do not like dogs in bed ...

Cat ok in bed but..

But what?... "

Only domestic cats...not lions,tigers etc,,though perhaps the odd cougar?

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

When I'm home alone but he tends to just riff and not sleep, he also steals the duvet!

On camping trips when I was younger we used to squabble over the dog as he was as good as any hot water bottle!

aldershot

"Our rescue Shih Tzu stayed out of the bedroom for the first 3 nights, then she got her own way."

I went to the zoo the other day. It only had one dog there. It was a shit zoo

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

My old dog wouldn’t sleep on the bed at all, she would jump on the bed for a cuddle then sleep at the top of the stairs, it was her chosen spot

My second dog sleep on my bed from day one, it stopped all the howling when we first had her, I would sleep with my arm round her

» Add a new message to this topic