FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Forumites not as friendly as they pretend to be?!!

Forumites not as friendly as they pretend to be?!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you like getting mail about forum posts? Perhaps from people who read the forums but can't post. Or things they want to keep private.

There's a lot of 'sociable' threads where people say they don't want mail from "lurkers".

Why join in on those threads if you don't want mail from new people?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't mind mails from anyone as long as it is not someone who want to violently fuck my ass with his/her phone.

"I don't mind mails from anyone as long as it is not someone who want to violently fuck my ass with his/her phone. "

What if they use your phone or 1 from a phonebox?

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"I don't mind mails from anyone as long as it is not someone who want to violently fuck my ass with his/her phone. "

Ditto, well not into any type of violent fucking

If it’s a hot woman it’s cool getting a message relating to a thread, if it’s a bloke with a cock avatar It’s just creepy.

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman  over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

I'd imagine its because they are egotists who only want public adoration and constant validation from their 'superfans' and woe betide an ordinary person who wants to interact with them.

I welcome the bounty forum post bring...isnt that what they are all about?

I was new once and also I'm not exactly getting mail from all the regulars anyway lol if you're new it shouldn't stop you contacting people unless they have filters up. If it's a message about a forum thread and the person messaging didn't leave a forum reply because they aren't comfortable posting there yet, then I would encourage them to do so but would still message if there was conversation to be had

"I'd imagine its because they are egotists who only want public adoration and constant validation from their 'superfans' and woe betide an ordinary person who wants to interact with them.

I welcome the bounty forum post bring...isnt that what they are all about? "

I tend to get a mixed bag from lurkers some good but mostly a complaint of some kind or simple abuse

This

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

Can't say I've had anything bad from any lurkers... all good or indifferent so far. ..

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

It might be the type of mail they get. Maybe they are happier interacting in public where they can control the conversation more easily? Meh.

I don't mind mail from "lurkers" in regards to my posts. It can be interesting reading different opinions. I do tend to ignore the ones that tend to assume that because I mention a sexual act I'm dying to talk about it in explicit detail for wanking purposes at this very moment.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Do you like getting mail about forum posts? Perhaps from people who read the forums but can't post. Or things they want to keep private.

There's a lot of 'sociable' threads where people say they don't want mail from "lurkers".

"

I remember seeing a face pic Friday thread a while back where a poster said she didn't want face pics from randoms.

I thought at the time it must have difficult to post, what with her head being such a long way up her own arse.

I don't mind people messaging regarding a thread. I was a lurker here for weeks before I was brave enough to join in so I completely get it. Course if the second message is about a meet well its a delete from me

"I don't mind mails from anyone as long as it is not someone who want to violently fuck my ass with his/her phone.

What if they use your phone or 1 from a phonebox?"

Well my phone is Ip68 rated but wouldnt want some shit crumbs into the charger socket.

The only messages i have received via the message privately from the forum, are from users that are happy to privately splurge sh*t to me but hide it from the forum thread. So other forumites can't see them for who they really are. I don't mind getting the messages. They just confirm to me what i already suspected about that person. Whether or not anyone else sees them, i don't care, but i see them. So they actually do a service.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I just want to join in the conversation/banter. If someone isn’t posting yet ‘watches’ and inboxes me individually I find that a bit odd.

If it’s someone from the thread then that’s acceptable

Quite a lot of my lurker mail is to alert me to threads I should read.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I love getting mail from forum posts, it's nice to have a chat away from the thread without derailing or hijacking the whole discussion.

I think it's kind of what the forums are about really, opening conversations and topics for talking and breaking the ice between people.

I find that those conversations are far more natural than "ooh I love your latest torso picture"

"erm... thanks... "

*awkward silence*

By *egularLegsMan  over a year ago

Erdington

"I just want to join in the conversation/banter. If someone isn’t posting yet ‘watches’ and inboxes me individually I find that a bit odd.

If it’s someone from the thread then that’s acceptable "

Very often a private post means they do not want to post in the thread because it may offend and make them look bad, but they don't mind offending the account holder.

If i message anyone privately its usually to compliment someone on their sharpe wit or to tell them i want to lick the sweat off their man V

[disclaimer: no _ea monkey man Vs were licked in the making of this post]

"If i message anyone privately its usually to compliment someone on their sharpe wit or to tell them i want to lick the sweat off their man V

"

whats a man v?

I was always get abuse and told to quit, go hang myself, lose some weight or Nobody likes a fat cunt you're wasting your time here.

"If i message anyone privately its usually to compliment someone on their sharpe wit or to tell them i want to lick the sweat off their man V

whats a man v?"

You know, the V bit showing you the way from his stomach to his dick...like a sexy arrow pointing the way to the promised land!

Erdington

"I was always get abuse and told to quit, go hang myself, lose some weight or Nobody likes a fat cunt you're wasting your time here. "

I hope you report them.

whats a man v?

You know, the V bit showing you the way from his stomach to his dick...like a sexy arrow pointing the way to the promised land! "

dunno not got one

I don't actually mind getting mail off a guy connected to a forum post, It's nice to get a (decent) guy's take on fab and all it entails. It's not something I discuss with others off here so it's good to talk.

It goes without saying messages from women are always welcome

Friendly is subjective.

The only time I make a comment about lurkers is on the FPF threads - I like seeing the photos from the people I’ve interacted with, however small that interaction maybe, I don’t want to send my face to someone I don’t “recognise” - that imo isn’t being unfriendly.

whats a man v?

You know, the V bit showing you the way from his stomach to his dick...like a sexy arrow pointing the way to the promised land! dunno not got one "

No, but you do have that sexy hair trail from your belly button to lead the way

I don't do sex talk, and most lurkers will mail off the back of a thread wanting to talk about sex.

"I was always get abuse and told to quit, go hang myself, lose some weight or Nobody likes a fat cunt you're wasting your time here. "

That’s totally unacceptable, how horrible for you....report them!!

Yorkshire

whats a man v?

You know, the V bit showing you the way from his stomach to his dick...like a sexy arrow pointing the way to the promised land! dunno not got one "

Yours is more a U

whats a man v?

You know, the V bit showing you the way from his stomach to his dick...like a sexy arrow pointing the way to the promised land! dunno not got one

Yours is more a U "

for unlimited potential

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

whats a man v?

You know, the V bit showing you the way from his stomach to his dick...like a sexy arrow pointing the way to the promised land! "

Tea monkey. V. Pfffffft. Don't give him an ego.

"I love getting mail from forum posts, it's nice to have a chat away from the thread without derailing or hijacking the whole discussion.

I think it's kind of what the forums are about really, opening conversations and topics for talking and breaking the ice between people.

I find that those conversations are far more natural than "ooh I love your latest torso picture"

"erm... thanks... "

*awkward silence*"

Like you don’t love it when they say that!

Some people who are nice on the forums aren't so nice in private messages

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I quite often get messages off the back of forum posts, and I have made some great friends that way.

A lot I've been lucky enough to eventually meet at organised socials, and a few club nights

But getting random messages from people I've never interacted with, who havn't posted on that thread, in my experience doesn't end well.

They see my comment, look at a couple of pics & seem to think it's OK to send me stuff that has me hitting the block button.

Obviously I can't share content but I've had 2 already this morning from a thread I posted on earlier

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

whats a man v?

You know, the V bit showing you the way from his stomach to his dick...like a sexy arrow pointing the way to the promised land!

Tea monkey. V. Pfffffft. Don't give him an ego. "

Thanks Meli, I can always rely on you for a healthy dose of ego bursting

I’m happy to chat about threads via a pm from other forumites, as TM said earlier it’s better than hijacking a thread if you want to interact with a particular person....

What if they did it gently?

"Do you like getting mail about forum posts? Perhaps from people who read the forums but can't post. Or things they want to keep private.

"

I like private mail.. provided it's not seeking conflict

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I’m all good with it bar two...the lurkers who use it as a hook for a ‘wanna fuck?’ message and outright abuse. You have an issue with what I’m saying? At least have the balls to set out what you think in the same public forum I have.

I’ve had some really creepy, threatening messages after some of my posts from lurkers. Not cool, dudes, not cool.

On a lighter note, I’ve also made some awesome friends and had some great chats from forum posts...so I certainly don’t want them to stop entirely!

Im friendly I always answer all forum related pm's, even the slightly grubbier ones

I’ve had some great conversations from people answering my posts on threads through pm. Just don’t like the ones that pm thinking that because I like certain things I’m offering to do it with them x

Yorkshire

"I’m all good with it bar two...the lurkers who use it as a hook for a ‘wanna fuck?’ message and outright abuse. You have an issue with what I’m saying? At least have the balls to set out what you think in the same public forum I have.

I’ve had some really creepy, threatening messages after some of my posts from lurkers. Not cool, dudes, not cool.

On a lighter note, I’ve also made some awesome friends and had some great chats from forum posts...so I certainly don’t want them to stop entirely!"

I’ve recruited you to the RSPCA

By *eeroybrownMan  over a year ago

aldershot

With the exception of the dicks that add stupid posts, most people seem nice enough.

Even on the stupid posts, people are usually pretty justified in their answers and always seem polite (even if the answer is "shut up you knob").

(Hopefully I won't now get a tirade of abuse lol )

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I'm quite happy to receive messages that follow up from things I've posted, i have made some really good friends that way. If my filters are up and there's something thst you want to say to me privately, just ask me on the thread to contact you. Of course if it's only to be nasty or abusive, there will be an instant block and report to admin. Polly xx

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think there's a very much "it depends" answer here - like others I've had some great conversations and made some good connections and even meets off the back of forum posts - sometimes as Tea Monkey said, you don't want to disrupt the flow of a thread, or take it off at a tangent by posting publically, sometimes there may be a need to say something privately to alert someone to something specific.

However there *are* those that will use a forum post as an excuse to either send abuse, or to try and garner a meet and there's a fine line between what is acceptable and what is not.

Face Pic Friday is a good example where the "No lurkers" comment is made - the spirit of the thread is to swap face pics with others who have said they're "in" on the thread - so I can see that receiving random messages from someone who hasn't joined the thread, especially if they include other body parts as well as the face, would be irritating and not as someone said earlier, an example of being up your own arse. That said they're easily deleted if unwelcome.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"

Nah, bunch of cowards if it is abusive. Argue your point on the thread.

Oh no I so wanted to do that

By *ilkenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

There are a lot of unpleasant and two faced people on the forums its not a surprise lurkers mail them if they don't like their b/s.

I’m happy to receive messages about forum related topics as long they are from female’s who are hot, men stay away, I don’t care for your views.

Thanks in advance X

"There are a lot of unpleasant and two faced people on the forums its not a surprise lurkers mail them if they don't like their b/s. "

This is true but made some great friends via the forums

"I’m happy to receive messages about forum related topics as long they are from female’s who are hot, men stay away, I don’t care for your views.

Thanks in advance X"

whats a man v?

So there was no need to get an arrow tattooed on saying this way to the promised land!!

I need to see if I can get a refund

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’m very happy to receive private messages in relation to things I may post on here.

.....and please don’t forget to accompany your message with some nice boobie pics

By *ilkenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

"There are a lot of unpleasant and two faced people on the forums its not a surprise lurkers mail them if they don't like their b/s.

This is true but made some great friends via the forums "

I would agree with that not all are I have made a few good friends too through the forums but there are still some real bitter people who post its sad really.

By *inkysexpotMan  over a year ago

leeds

I do sometimes lurk in the forums looking at what people are putting, sometimes I'll comment on a thread. If I see someone put something interesting I may send them a message aswell but it's only to those who spark an interest.

I am also learning who the nicest ones are too.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

We never comment in the forums, that must be why we don’t get many messages. Phew, we thought it was because we were fat and ugly.

Someone from the forums told you to hang yourself?

Pm me who it was, I like gossip!

I dont mind messages off lurkers... unless it's sex related, then I just ignore. Luckily I've never recieved abuse off the back of a thread, from a forum member. Off to touch some wood now.

I don’t mind who messages me from where... maybe that’s just me. I don’t understand why it would be offensive to message someone about a topic of what they’ve said and you’ve agreed with us quite niche on that topic.

For instance, I messaged someone the other day off of a thread which the subject was about cars, we got in to a conversation about more specifics. It’s was all friendly.

"I was new once and also I'm not exactly getting mail from all the regulars anyway lol if you're new it shouldn't stop you contacting people unless they have filters up. If it's a message about a forum thread and the person messaging didn't leave a forum reply because they aren't comfortable posting there yet, then I would encourage them to do so but would still message if there was conversation to be had "

I remember seeing a face pic Friday thread a while back where a poster said she didn't want face pics from randoms.

I thought at the time it must have difficult to post, what with her head being such a long way up her own arse.

"

That was the first thread I was thinking of in this context. I thought those threads were a good way for newbies to join in. Apparently not.

Erdington

"I dont mind messages off lurkers... unless it's sex related, then I just ignore. Luckily I've never recieved abuse off the back of a thread, from a forum member. Off to touch some wood now. "

Yeah have had some abuse people are much braver in private. Presumably they didn't want to fuck me.

Fucking hell.

Report them. X

That was the first thread I was thinking of in this context. I thought those threads were a good way for newbies to join in. Apparently not. "

I'm somewhere in between on this. If it is someone that is unable to post on the forum, I don't mind (and I actually used to exchange messages frequently with someone from just such an instance). If they just don't wish to post on the forum then I kinda would prefer that they don't message me.

I don't think that's me being unfriendly though... Or is it really?...

By *inkysexpotMan  over a year ago

leeds

Wow that one left me speechless for a while!! I will never understand some people.

Sounds like a sorry excuse of a human being to say that to someone.

"I dont mind messages off lurkers... unless it's sex related, then I just ignore. Luckily I've never recieved abuse off the back of a thread, from a forum member. Off to touch some wood now.

Yeah have had some abuse people are much braver in private. Presumably they didn't want to fuck me."

So they decided to message you, just to tell you that?

"We never comment in the forums, that must be why we don’t get many messages. Phew, we thought it was because we were fat and ugly. "

I like your posts.

I don’t usually mind but it’s the lurkers who have seen me reply to a post, say about cum tributes. I ALWAYS state I hate them and 9 times out of 10 explain why.

Yet they just see I replied, and message me saying ‘oh I saw you replied to the forum and you like them so I’ve done you one blah blah blah’

Nah fuck off mate

I just block.

Or when I post mundane subjects like ‘what supermarket do you use?’ And get abuse and called ‘scum of the earth’ for shopping at Lidl

Some folk will be angry about anything

That was the first thread I was thinking of in this context. I thought those threads were a good way for newbies to join in. Apparently not.

I'm somewhere in between on this. If it is someone that is unable to post on the forum, I don't mind (and I actually used to exchange messages frequently with someone from just such an instance). If they just don't wish to post on the forum then I kinda would prefer that they don't message me.

I don't think that's me being unfriendly though... Or is it really?... "

Not necessarily being unfriendly - that's just my take on it, but I'm always happy to be told I'm wrong if anyone disagrees.

Happy to chat if it’s something genuine to chat about. When it’s sexual it just adds to the 100’s of unread messages of the same content only it’s more awkward to ignore as they’re forum people!

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

That was the first thread I was thinking of in this context. I thought those threads were a good way for newbies to join in. Apparently not. "

And they are - for those that join the thread, and those threads are (a) very popular and (b) often full of newbies - the only thing I've seen people say on them is "No lurkers" (i.e. those that haven't joined the thread), and take it to mean that any lurkers that send a pic shouldn't expect one back, which I think is a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

Doesn't of course mean people won't send them, and let's face it sending a face pic is pretty high up there on the list of requirements most people look for when communicating regardless of whether it's via a thread or not.

aldershot

"I was always get abuse and told to quit, go hang myself, lose some weight or Nobody likes a fat cunt you're wasting your time here.

"

Errr maybe they're talking themselves as from what I can see of your pics, you definitely are not fat.

And love the Mortal Combat reference lol (I'm hoping/assuming that's the game and not the film )

(sorry again for going off topic guys )

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I would rather people answer on the forum

"Happy to chat if it’s something genuine to chat about. When it’s sexual it just adds to the 100’s of unread messages of the same content only it’s more awkward to ignore as they’re forum people!"

That is so true

Chester/Wirral

"I would rather people answer on the forum"
But they would get some vacation time.

Me too, and I’ve asked folk to do that. When someone posts something and I ask them what they mean, and others do too, and they pm me instead...why? Are they messaging everyone else the same thing too? I usually ask them to stick to the forums and they’ll try message again. I don’t see the point in that

Chester/Wirral

"I would rather people answer on the forum

Me too, and I’ve asked folk to do that. When someone posts something and I ask them what they mean, and others do too, and they pm me instead...why? Are they messaging everyone else the same thing too? I usually ask them to stick to the forums and they’ll try message again. I don’t see the point in that"

They see it as a way in. You did the same to me to be fair

I don't think that's me being unfriendly though... Or is it really?...

Not necessarily being unfriendly - that's just my take on it, but I'm always happy to be told I'm wrong if anyone disagrees.

"

Lets say there's valid points either way

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I would rather people answer on the forum

Me too, and I’ve asked folk to do that. When someone posts something and I ask them what they mean, and others do too, and they pm me instead...why? Are they messaging everyone else the same thing too? I usually ask them to stick to the forums and they’ll try message again. I don’t see the point in that"

Me neither, the point of the forum is to ermmm, post in it

And they are - for those that join the thread, and those threads are (a) very popular and (b) often full of newbies - the only thing I've seen people say on them is "No lurkers" (i.e. those that haven't joined the thread), and take it to mean that any lurkers that send a pic shouldn't expect one back, which I think is a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

Doesn't of course mean people won't send them, and let's face it sending a face pic is pretty high up there on the list of requirements most people look for when communicating regardless of whether it's via a thread or not."

Why I tend not to do the fpf. I always think its for those who communicate a lot or even just a bit on the forum to then see who it is they are talking to. I always rightly or wrongly consider the lurkers who you have never seen or spoken to as just a bit nosy. But I never randonmly share a face pic anyway so Im probably being mean

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I would rather people answer on the forum But they would get some vacation time. "

If they abused me in mail rather than break rules on the forum they would get my very very blunt non censored response instead.

Chester/Wirral

"I would rather people answer on the forum But they would get some vacation time.

If they abused me in mail rather than break rules on the forum they would get my very very blunt non censored response instead. "

Touché

I dont lurk but i do message off threads im just a gobshite

Im pretty much out there in the forums can chat away for ages but when it comes to messages i get nervous and shy of what to say so just wink

"I would rather people answer on the forum But they would get some vacation time.

If they abused me in mail rather than break rules on the forum they would get my very very blunt non censored response instead. "

Then you would have to reprimand yourself

In a town Fab forgot

Those and any "poster below blah blah blah" threads.

When I was a newbie I thought they would a good way to get involved in the forums. They're actually a good way to get ignored....

Rarely do I bother these days, even though I've been here a while.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If they abused me in mail rather than break rules on the forum they would get my very very blunt non censored response instead.

Then you would have to reprimand yourself "

Nope, blunt doesn't mean abusive

As long as it's not insulting or creepy, then message away

C

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

I quite like the odd message from forumites 'just for the sake of it' but funnily enough would be less comfortable with a lurker messaging me. I chat to forumites I would never meet sometimes, whereas I don't do that with general site members.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have to be honest , when I used to join in on the Face pic thing I never swopped with anyone who randomly mailed us either, if they had joined in on the thread we did

In a town Fab forgot

"I have to be honest , when I used to join in on the Face pic thing I never swopped with anyone who randomly mailed us either, if they had joined in on the thread we did"

I think there's a difference between participating in the thread and not.

I don't mind a facepic from anyone on the thread.

But from someone who's not participating is a bit odd.

I'll look for you both on the next FPF thread.

By *inn2000Woman  over a year ago

belfast

I've had a few messages in response to posts in the forum and I love the 'real' chat that usually ensues.

I've also had a few stupid messages in response to posts which results in delete and block so not a biggie.

I’m just happy with a message in my box

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

We always respond to forum messages with what’s said on the forums stays on the forums!

"I was always get abuse and told to quit, go hang myself, lose some weight or Nobody likes a fat cunt you're wasting your time here.

Errr maybe they're talking themselves as from what I can see of your pics, you definitely are not fat.

And love the Mortal Combat reference lol (I'm hoping/assuming that's the game and not the film )

(sorry again for going off topic guys )"

Umm your response is to me but you’re quoting a completely different person.

As if I would get private mail like that, have you not seen me? I’m smoking.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I get a mixed bag, people insulting me for my opinion on a thread, and people agreeing with me.

I also get people asking for face pic then never talking to me again.

aldershot

"

As if I would get private mail like that, have you not seen me? I’m smoking. "

Lol, sorry, my bad. I really should put my glasses on...

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

If its relevant toy post or the OP then I do t mind. Most of the time it isn't.

Doesn't of course mean people won't send them, and let's face it sending a face pic is pretty high up there on the list of requirements most people look for when communicating regardless of whether it's via a thread or not.

Why I tend not to do the fpf. I always think its for those who communicate a lot or even just a bit on the forum to then see who it is they are talking to. I always rightly or wrongly consider the lurkers who you have never seen or spoken to as just a bit nosy. But I never randonmly share a face pic anyway so Im probably being mean "

that's how I see it too

Why I tend not to do the fpf. I always think its for those who communicate a lot or even just a bit on the forum to then see who it is they are talking to. I always rightly or wrongly consider the lurkers who you have never seen or spoken to as just a bit nosy. But I never randonmly share a face pic anyway so Im probably being mean

that's how I see it too "

Me too. I'm not showing my face to random dudes I've never seen let alone spoken to on the forums.

They're opportunists who lurk to get stuff to wank over.

I'll message with anyone.

(sorry again for going off topic guys )

As if I would get private mail like that, have you not seen me? I’m smoking. "

I think I’m attracted to your modesty most, then your soft Welsh accent.

Doesn't of course mean people won't send them, and let's face it sending a face pic is pretty high up there on the list of requirements most people look for when communicating regardless of whether it's via a thread or not."

Fair point.

"Im pretty much out there in the forums can chat away for ages but when it comes to messages i get nervous and shy of what to say so just wink "

What's the worst that can happen?

I think many lurkers have read my profile and do as I ask. “Avoid me like the plague. But that’s advice I give to all comers to my profile.

So I do enjoy it when people ignore my advice as I tell them to do that on my profile as well.

Mostly they are nice friendly emails. I’ve only once had any abuse since I’ve been on the forum and that is 5 years or so ago

» Add a new message to this topic