FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Guys, do confident women put you off?

Guys, do confident women put you off?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ily White OP   Woman  over a year ago

?

I've had several men lately either being woolly about details when looking to arrange a play meet, or arranging and then cancelling - I was wondering if it's putting them off because i'm asking to meet and being too forward in their eyes.

For background, i'm not just sending FAF messages - they are all people that i've chatted to, we've been getting on (no real sex chat, just likes, dislikes, boundaries etc). I've even had social meets with a couple of them, where there's been lots of flirting and they've initiated a kiss. Further talking, still getting on well.

Then when I ask if they'd like a play meet, I get one of the below

-Radio silence

-They say yes but then won't commit to a day and time

-We arrange a meet but they then cancel and I get radio silence

I'm not one to chase and chase, so I'll send one message probably a few days after to say hi and see if they still want to meet

I realise that people change their minds for a myriad of reasons, and completely respect that...I would wish them well on their Fab journey and move on.

This isn't about me being rejected, I can handle that and move on with a smile.

Each of the above scenarios has happened at least twice in the last few months, which is making me question whether it is my approach causing it.

I'm just wondering if it would put any of you men folk off if a lady asked you for a meet? Would you see it as them being too forward?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Personally I like a woman who knows her own mind, and is open about what she wants.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think there are lots of men who can't cope with confident sexually experienced women.

I suspect a lot of men like the idea of Fab but going through with it is another thing entirely. Any man worth his salt will be attracted to a confident woman.

You've just been unlucky recently.

Nita

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've met men who are intimidated by confident women. When you find them, run, don't walk away.

Personally I find confidence very attractive.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

I never plan meets myself. I can't just be turned on about a planned meet and like spontaneous. Maybe that's putting the guys off?

Men are flakey.

?

"Personally I like a woman who knows her own mind, and is open about what she wants."

This is what I've generally found in the past...perhaps it's the weather

?

"I think there are lots of men who can't cope with confident sexually experienced women.

I suspect a lot of men like the idea of Fab but going through with it is another thing entirely. Any man worth his salt will be attracted to a confident woman.

Nita"

Thanks...I don't usually let anything on Fab bother me, but it's just happened too many times lately and it's got me wondering

?

"I've met men who are intimidated by confident women. When you find them, run, don't walk away. "

Haha, brilliant advice...I shall put it into practise right away

No, but online theres a fine line between comming across confidant and desperate and one of those is a universal turn off

I dont find it offputting at all. I prefer women to come to me Not because I'm shy, or submissive. I like a woman who is confident and knows what she wants.

I do like to take things at my own pace though and I like to flirt with lots of different people. Someone too pushy can be off putting.

Confidence, not arrogance mind.

The other things you've posted..

I may buy time to reply to things, I may have other people taking my time up, my kids, my life. Other friends I've known longer. I never commit to anything too far in advance, but I don't meet on the fly.

Could be a number of reasons I slow in responding when at others I've been quick. If I'm not interested physically, after a social, I won't mention it, till it's brought up. Hoping she picked it up like I did. If she were to ask, I'd tell her the truth, delicately. If I liked her, I'd hope shed stay a friend. If we got that friendly first.

If you're not sure, I don't see the harm in asking them, if they got as far as kissing you.

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"I've had several men lately either being woolly about details when looking to arrange a play meet, or arranging and then cancelling - I was wondering if it's putting them off because i'm asking to meet and being too forward in their eyes.

For background, i'm not just sending FAF messages - they are all people that i've chatted to, we've been getting on (no real sex chat, just likes, dislikes, boundaries etc). I've even had social meets with a couple of them, where there's been lots of flirting and they've initiated a kiss. Further talking, still getting on well.

-Radio silence

I'm not one to chase and chase, so I'll send one message probably a few days after to say hi and see if they still want to meet

I realise that people change their minds for a myriad of reasons, and completely respect that...I would wish them well on their Fab journey and move on.

Each of the above scenarios has happened at least twice in the last few months, which is making me question whether it is my approach causing it.

I'm just wondering if it would put any of you men folk off if a lady asked you for a meet? Would you see it as them being too forward? "

Sounds great to me but one thing to be aware of is it can be tricky for men to say a blunt thanks but no thanks sometimes. Due to the ratio imbalance on here there's a fairly common perception that men don't say no to a meet and so some women (not saying you do) approach men with that kind of attitude, saying no to them might feel awkward to some guys and so they fudge about trying to let them down gently. I can see how that would come across confusing to the woman as they may have thought everything was rosy up until then although the guy had doubts all along.

?

"I never plan meets myself. I can't just be turned on about a planned meet and like spontaneous. Maybe that's putting the guys off?"

Yes, I get that, and I understand that some men will also feel that way...but surely not ten in the last few months

Confidence in women is fucking sexy!

?

"No, but online theres a fine line between comming across confidant and desperate and one of those is a universal turn off"

I really hope I don't sound desperate

My usual approach would be to just say 'so do you fancy meeting? ' during the course of a chat...I personally wouldn't class that as seeming desperate. And I would never ask repeatedly.

Love a confident lady

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

"I've had several men lately either being woolly about details when looking to arrange a play meet, or arranging and then cancelling - I was wondering if it's putting them off because i'm asking to meet and being too forward in their eyes.

-Radio silence

I'm just wondering if it would put any of you men folk off if a lady asked you for a meet? Would you see it as them being too forward?

Sounds great to me but one thing to be aware of is it can be tricky for men to say a blunt thanks but no thanks sometimes. Due to the ratio imbalance on here there's a fairly common perception that men don't say no to a meet and so some women (not saying you do) approach men with that kind of attitude, saying no to them might feel awkward to some guys and so they fudge about trying to let them down gently. I can see how that would come across confusing to the woman as they may have thought everything was rosy up until then although the guy had doubts all along."

So when you said you were washing your hair..........

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

"I never plan meets myself. I can't just be turned on about a planned meet and like spontaneous. Maybe that's putting the guys off?

Yes, I get that, and I understand that some men will also feel that way...but surely not ten in the last few months "

Only other thing i can think of, going off your first post, is that they just aren't that interested in you that way and don't know how to turn someone down? Most guys get a little bit sexual in chat if interested.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

-Radio silence

I'm just wondering if it would put any of you men folk off if a lady asked you for a meet? Would you see it as them being too forward? "

No

"No, but online theres a fine line between comming across confidant and desperate and one of those is a universal turn off

I really hope I don't sound desperate

My usual approach would be to just say 'so do you fancy meeting? ' during the course of a chat...I personally wouldn't class that as seeming desperate. And I would never ask repeatedly. "

Desperate is when woman keeps sending messages when it's clear there's no connection

-Radio silence

Sounds great to me but one thing to be aware of is it can be tricky for men to say a blunt thanks but no thanks sometimes. Due to the ratio imbalance on here there's a fairly common perception that men don't say no to a meet and so some women (not saying you do) approach men with that kind of attitude, saying no to them might feel awkward to some guys and so they fudge about trying to let them down gently. I can see how that would come across confusing to the woman as they may have thought everything was rosy up until then although the guy had doubts all along.

So when you said you were washing your hair.......... "

I was actually shaving my pubes

Oooh op interesting. I get this alot. And im a pussycat really

Preston

-Radio silence

I was actually shaving my pubes"

makes sense as you haven’t got much up too

Preston

-Radio silence

makes sense as you haven’t got much up top "

FTFM

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Personally I like a woman who knows her own mind, and is open about what she wants."

I'm confident, veering on aggressive if i really want something. It can put some off, but those it doesn't, I've had a hell of a lot of fun with

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

In my area, I find confident strong women, scare the shit out of men!

They openly admit I sound intimidating even though I thought my profile was friendly and inviting ish!

I'm an army brat, so moved around a lot in former years so don't suffer fools gladly, and a lot of men just feel uncomfortable with that. Add in the fact I also sound like I am not from here and they probably think I am more intelligent than they are and they run for the hills!

I do actually think a lot of men need to rethink how they treat women on here and if they are intimidated then deal with it!

?

"I dont find it offputting at all. I prefer women to come to me Not because I'm shy, or submissive. I like a woman who is confident and knows what she wants.

I do like to take things at my own pace though and I like to flirt with lots of different people. Someone too pushy can be off putting.

Confidence, not arrogance mind.

The other things you've posted..

I may buy time to reply to things, I may have other people taking my time up, my kids, my life. Other friends I've known longer. I never commit to anything too far in advance, but I don't meet on the fly.

Could be a number of reasons I slow in responding when at others I've been quick. If I'm not interested physically, after a social, I won't mention it, till it's brought up. Hoping she picked it up like I did. If she were to ask, I'd tell her the truth, delicately. If I liked her, I'd hope shed stay a friend. If we got that friendly first.

If you're not sure, I don't see the harm in asking them, if they got as far as kissing you. "

Of course I understand that people have a life away from here...I can take a while to respond to messages when i'm busy.

I suppose i'm guilty of thinking everyone is as matter of fact as me..I will tell people on a social meet if I don't want to take it any further, in a nice way of course.

-Radio silence

makes sense as you haven’t got much up too "

Plenty down below though my luv

By *anana JoeMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I would go for a confident self assured woman over a needy insecure one given a choice of the 2. Nothing at all wrong with a confident woman at all bring them on.

Confident women are attractive. The reason you get the sudden lack of interest will likely be down to the situation turning from fantasy to reality when you suggest a meet, not because you are being forward or confident.

The ones that go silent probably know that the reality does not match the image they have built online so time to bail before being rumbled.

Not at all I’d encourage it

?

"Men are flakey. "

Haha...some are....I just seem to be finding those ones at the minute

By *greygorCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

am a little over 5ft .7 stone .know what i want and have had men running for back seats at angels cinema .coz they carnt handle on top girls .want their mummies ha ,back soon

"Confidence in women is fucking sexy!"

he's right you know !!

?

"I'm confident, veering on aggressive if i really want something. It can put some off, but those it doesn't, I've had a hell of a lot of fun with "

Oh me too This just seems to be happening a lot lately

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I think that an awful lot of people like the idea of a confident and independent lady, the idea of... However in reality I think that some guys are a little unsettled by someone who is more forthright about what they want. I think that an awful lot of people (male and female) still fall back into common societal roles of men being the aggressor and if that gets flipped then that makes them uneasy.

It's unfortunate that it's happened, but perhaps look at it as them filtering themselves out, maybe you weren't as well suited as you'd hoped.

Personally I wish that more ladies took your approach as I find sexual confidence a very attractive quality and I'm sure that plenty of other guys do too.

Don't change who you are or your approach just to suit people that possibly aren't 'right'.

?

"In my area, I find confident strong women, scare the shit out of men!

They openly admit I sound intimidating even though I thought my profile was friendly and inviting ish!

I'm an army brat, so moved around a lot in former years so don't suffer fools gladly, and a lot of men just feel uncomfortable with that. Add in the fact I also sound like I am not from here and they probably think I am more intelligent than they are and they run for the hills!

I do actually think a lot of men need to rethink how they treat women on here and if they are intimidated then deal with it! "

I really like your profile...and nobody can say they don't know what to expect

No i prefer it

?

"Confident women are attractive. The reason you get the sudden lack of interest will likely be down to the situation turning from fantasy to reality when you suggest a meet, not because you are being forward or confident.

The ones that go silent probably know that the reality does not match the image they have built online so time to bail before being rumbled."

I honestly hadn't thought of it like that, but that is a plausible reason

?

"am a little over 5ft .7 stone .know what i want and have had men running for back seats at angels cinema .coz they carnt handle on top girls .want their mummies ha ,back soon "

They actually turn me on

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

[Removed by poster at 26/02/19 21:43:33]

By *ddit...Man  over a year ago

Land of the giants... ;-)

I guess it is a personal thing... but if you had talked for a while first... they would have known you are a confident person...

I love not to have to do the asking...

By *lkNhungMan  over a year ago

Luton

Personally I love a confident woman it’s very sexy, just like how some women find it sexy in men

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

No, quite the opposite. I'd much rather know someone's attracted to me and wants to make things happen. It's a confidence boost as much as anything else. I don't think it's fair that men are expected to initiate things all the time anyway, it just leads to the situation we have now where women have flooded inboxes and men are annoyed nobody answers them.

There are few things sexier than a confident woman who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to say it!

Confident women turn me on more.... Especially with larger women, if she is confident with her body not ashamed by her size and not afraid to show it. That's a real turn on and gives both parties a confidence boost.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"In my area, I find confident strong women, scare the shit out of men!

I do actually think a lot of men need to rethink how they treat women on here and if they are intimidated then deal with it!

I really like your profile...and nobody can say they don't know what to expect "

Thank you for saying that and confirming what I believed, much appreciated

?

"I think that an awful lot of people like the idea of a confident and independent lady, the idea of... However in reality I think that some guys are a little unsettled by someone who is more forthright about what they want. I think that an awful lot of people (male and female) still fall back into common societal roles of men being the aggressor and if that gets flipped then that makes them uneasy.

It's unfortunate that it's happened, but perhaps look at it as them filtering themselves out, maybe you weren't as well suited as you'd hoped.

Personally I wish that more ladies took your approach as I find sexual confidence a very attractive quality and I'm sure that plenty of other guys do too.

Don't change who you are or your approach just to suit people that possibly aren't 'right'. "

Very true, and I have found that to be the case on occasion. And although I haven't consciously changed my approach, this has happened a lot more recently.

?

"They actually turn me on"

FAF?

Horses for courses. Its never put me off

Preston

There is a difference between confident, pushy, desperate and a bunny boiler. Unfortunately they can all be mistaken for each other. Now massive generalisation here, but men generally aren’t great at distinguishing between them. You can imagine the confusion this causes? So OP you being confident is probably confusing the hell out of them

Scotland - Aberdeen

"There is a difference between confident, pushy, desperate and a bunny boiler. Unfortunately they can all be mistaken for each other. Now massive generalisation here, but men generally aren’t great at distinguishing between them. You can imagine the confusion this causes? So OP you being confident is probably confusing the hell out of them "

What's the male term for a 'bunny boiler' may I ask as I fucking hate how that is brandished about so easily!

I really like confident women, if I find them physically attractive as well with an engaging personality, then they are the ones I would meet.

Nooo it's a major turn on

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I think there are lots of men who can't cope with confident sexually experienced women.

Nita"

I agree with this

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

No, not at all. A lot insecure women on here, it makes a nice change.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

I love confidence in a lady it is very sexy.

Preston

"There is a difference between confident, pushy, desperate and a bunny boiler. Unfortunately they can all be mistaken for each other. Now massive generalisation here, but men generally aren’t great at distinguishing between them. You can imagine the confusion this causes? So OP you being confident is probably confusing the hell out of them

What's the male term for a 'bunny boiler' may I ask as I fucking hate how that is brandished about so easily! "

Thrush?

?

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this, you've certainly given me some different viewpoints to think about. It's much appreciated

"

Yes...erm, no....erm, just tell me what to say.

Confidence in a woman is a huge turn on for me, whether it's asking for a meet or taking the lead on sex. Keep being who you are, Lily, you just need to find us guys who appreciate it xx

No... they are a turn on .. lived with a midwife for ages...very confident lady

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Confidence in a lady makes me MORE confident. Means I'm doing something right

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Are these men you've actually met?

I'd never discuss meeting someone for sex who I hadn't actually met in the flesh.

No, confident women are a turn on for me

I think it’s a good quality to possess it is attractive, no fuss, know what you want so transparent also shows you’re nobody’s fool too! Don’t change xx

After much thought it does depend what kind of confidence some people dont show it until they relax a bit especially if its the first time you meet them as we know people are sometimes a little less feisty until u get to know them but then it shines thru once they feel more comfortable its the nature of the beast tho

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Confident women attract me as they perfectly compliment my own personality

-Radio silence

No when I was here on my own I’d have love to have a woman tell me she wanted to meet.

Confidence is sexy as fuck doesn’t matter what size or shape you are own it

Doughnut

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Nita

Thanks...I don't usually let anything on Fab bother me, but it's just happened too many times lately and it's got me wondering "

I know exactly how you feel 0P as these things happen to me too.

I prefer a strong confident woman for they know what they want and will say it or take it as their will wishes.. And I m not just talking sexually... A woman is a mans equal so why shouldnt they be as strong... Weaker sex my arse.. A strong woman can equal and outdo a man

I’m not put off by confident women at all; confidence makes everything easier. Doesn’t it?

Even better when they pay thier own way

Don't mind confident women but arrogant women no chance, you know the ones who make you feel like you should be privileged to get a reply of them and they have exceptional somewhere in their profile....most of the time they are not exceptional so shouldn't expect exceptional. ...confident women are sexy arrogant are horrible

Dont see why a confidence would put a man off at all !-

By *lder A Wiser PassionWoman  over a year ago

morecambe

-Radio silence

First men lkie to be the ones who chat you up secound alot of the men on here are not swinger. third men has a whole like a woman to play hard to get its what i do in my time on here i met over 80 men but I dont play with everyone I meet nore do I promise to. I work on socail frist and make them take me our for lunch for eample. fith for lof of folk on here tis about the chace rather than a price. Six not everyone on this site swing. seven some are just looking or not sure eight a good number of men on are are not swingers and are looking for just one play mate not to shag all the way with everyone on fab. Nineth which is the big one hunni if folk are to full on it can be very easy to put some off

Now my advice is slow it down never asume anything just see what happens and rember this is fox hunt on here and rember half the time the fox gets away

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Confident woman not interested in me .. very off putting

Confident woman interested in me... not off putting at all

By *inkysexpotMan  over a year ago

leeds

It's nice to meet a confident woman and I'd think it would make the first social meet flow a little better too.

It's probably just a bit of a bad run your having and in my opinion don't change your approach because you shouldn't change who you are for anyone

» Add a new message to this topic