FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Attitudes on the forum.

Attitudes on the forum.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I always think our experience on the site as a whole is very different to other forum users.

We don’t seem to get the rude messages, or the self entitled attitudes. We don’t get the let downs or the shabby treatment others face.

In general, erveryone we talk to, or message is really, really nice!

Is the forum so very different from the rest of the site?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's definitely harder to get a reply but once I have got chatting those I've chatted to where and are lovely

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"I always think our experience on the site as a whole is very different to other forum users.

We don’t seem to get the rude messages, or the self entitled attitudes. We don’t get the let downs or the shabby treatment others face.

Is the forum so very different from the rest of the site?"

You twat

Since I've been using the forums and changed my profile the quality of my messages have definitely improved.

But actually the thing that seemed to improve the quality the most was by upping my lower age limit.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I always think our experience on the site as a whole is very different to other forum users.

You twat

"

You need to send that to me though! We only get those comments on the forum!

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

Even by coming on the forums I’ve still got the rude messages but not as often as I did

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Suppose we are like a (very dysfunctional) family.

There’s those you love and those that are a bit twattish but you know they aren’t going anywhere so you put up with their shit and answer them back anyway

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

My experience is like yours, I don't get many shitty messages and the majority of people I've engaged with outwith the forums have been lovely, never been stood up or catfished. I think the bad stuff is few and far between, but when it happens, people like to vent about it.

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I like the forums. Generally most are nice to each other and I think the conflicts that do happen, mostly, are from miscommunication. Tone is hard to get across in a message x

I'm with you on that I've only come across nice people and spoken to nice people

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

No, I don't think so. I think people are more likely to talk about the shitty stuff and if it's going well they just get the fuck on with it.

You know like review sites where if your experience was bad you'll post about it but if it was nice thank you very much you don't start a thread saying you weren't stood up, you had a good cocking/dick drenching etc.

Most forum users have good experiences on the whole I think.

Since using the forums my attitude has totally changed about this site. Used to just pop on every once in a blue moon and drop a few messages. Now I'm here everyday. I message a few people and have a great interaction with some (one I'm her hitman, another I'm her husband lol). Think the forums change attitudes about people and without them I wouldn't be on this site. Great people with an occasional dickhead chucked in to keep things grounded

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Only a small percentage of members use the forums so it's hard to know if it's any different for those of us that do.

We don't get rude or abusive messages, people rarely let us down and we've never been stood up which as you say is different to what many forum users experience. No idea why.

"Since using the forums my attitude has totally changed about this site. Used to just pop on every once in a blue moon and drop a few messages. Now I'm here everyday. I message a few people and have a great interaction with some (one I'm her hitman, another I'm her husband lol). Think the forums change attitudes about people and without them I wouldn't be on this site. Great people with an occasional dickhead chucked in to keep things grounded "

Oi don’t call me a dickhead

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't talk about the usual banal, just the very bad and very good. I wouldn't stay if the very good didn't happen enough to offset the bad.

We’ve only got good experiences so far on fab , interactions in the forums have been good and people we have met have been lovely and no horrible messages !

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

You twat

You need to send that to me though! We only get those comments on the forum! "

Pointless then lol

By *ussD1Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Since I've been using the forums and changed my profile the quality of my messages have definitely improved.

But actually the thing that seemed to improve the quality the most was by upping my lower age limit. "

That will do it.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I can honestly say in all my years on here (since 2016 under old profiles), i’ve only had two horrible messages.

My personal experience is that if i’ve Replied to a message then the men are grateful i’ve at least done that, and i’m Always polite in my refusal.

Not had a bad meet experience yet (fingers crossed that doesn’t change).

I keep myself to myself and the site does what it needs to. Positive experiences so far.

"Since using the forums my attitude has totally changed about this site. Used to just pop on every once in a blue moon and drop a few messages. Now I'm here everyday. I message a few people and have a great interaction with some (one I'm her hitman, another I'm her husband lol). Think the forums change attitudes about people and without them I wouldn't be on this site. Great people with an occasional dickhead chucked in to keep things grounded

Oi don’t call me a dickhead "

Said with love

I think the forums are quite fun!

Generally everyone is lovely and some of the forumites I class as my closest friends. The only negative messages are usually when I delete someone's message or say no thank you. Occasionally I've had a shitty message off the cuff for no reason at all, but you get trolls every where I just report and block

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I don't think it is that different from the rest of the site at all - apart from the familiarity with particular users etc that comes through spending any time on the forums.

The thing is because, by their very nature, they're a public space, you tend to get to see all the good and bad experiences that people have, which obviously those that don't use the forums don't air publically.

I hardly ever get any nasty messages but what I will say is some who use the forums are not as nicey nice when it comes to messages. Especially when the answer is no thank you.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I hardly ever get any nasty messages but what I will say is some who use the forums are not as nicey nice when it comes to messages. Especially when the answer is no thank you. "

Indeed.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I can totally see where the op is coming from here . We have been on and off fab since 2011 and the forums used to be a very fun filled experience with a group of people who didn’t have an axe to grind . There was rarely a fall out and everyone was welcomed . Opinions were sought and given with rarely the vitriol we see today . Perhaps times have changed , perhaps we have changed , I have no idea , but when we were meeting we never had a single nasty message or any attitude at all . And we met and enjoyed the company of a lot of people . On the forums however it now seems to be a case of do as we say you should , think as we say you should or you won’t get the time of day .

I think certain people attract certain kinds of comments and messages tbh.

Im like you i never really receive abusive messages from strangers only ones i get are the angry pm's after disagreeing with somone on the forums before they block me

But thats far more entertaining than upsetting

"I hardly ever get any nasty messages but what I will say is some who use the forums are not as nicey nice when it comes to messages. Especially when the answer is no thank you. "

Yeah sorry about that

I've not really had any bad experiences, or nasty messages. Everyone is just generally really nice to me.

"I can totally see where the op is coming from here . We have been on and off fab since 2011 and the forums used to be a very fun filled experience with a group of people who didn’t have an axe to grind . There was rarely a fall out and everyone was welcomed . Opinions were sought and given with rarely the vitriol we see today . Perhaps times have changed , perhaps we have changed , I have no idea , but when we were meeting we never had a single nasty message or any attitude at all . And we met and enjoyed the company of a lot of people . On the forums however it now seems to be a case of do as we say you should , think as we say you should or you won’t get the time of day ."

Definitely

I love forum folk i spent most of last year only meeting people from the forums

And if not for the forums id never have met my dreamgirl sally so im eternally grateful

Forum people are generally far far friendlier than those of the wild west local searches

"I can totally see where the op is coming from here . We have been on and off fab since 2011 and the forums used to be a very fun filled experience with a group of people who didn’t have an axe to grind . There was rarely a fall out and everyone was welcomed . Opinions were sought and given with rarely the vitriol we see today . Perhaps times have changed , perhaps we have changed , I have no idea , but when we were meeting we never had a single nasty message or any attitude at all . And we met and enjoyed the company of a lot of people . On the forums however it now seems to be a case of do as we say you should , think as we say you should or you won’t get the time of day ."

I've been on here that long and I think it's been the same all the time. Groups of people jumping on OPs. Cliques. People getting told off for posting questions that have been asked before.

Tbh ive never had rude messages from forum users and have also met plenty of nice genuine people who have turned out to be friends i guess every one's experience is always different

Gloucester

"I can totally see where the op is coming from here . We have been on and off fab since 2011 and the forums used to be a very fun filled experience with a group of people who didn’t have an axe to grind . There was rarely a fall out and everyone was welcomed . Opinions were sought and given with rarely the vitriol we see today . Perhaps times have changed , perhaps we have changed , I have no idea , but when we were meeting we never had a single nasty message or any attitude at all . And we met and enjoyed the company of a lot of people . On the forums however it now seems to be a case of do as we say you should , think as we say you should or you won’t get the time of day .

I've been on here that long and I think it's been the same all the time. Groups of people jumping on OPs. Cliques. People getting told off for posting questions that have been asked before. "

Perhaps it’s just me looking at the past through rose tinted glasses

One abusive message in 9 years, it was from outside the forum.

I’ve been attacked verbally on a thread once, although I got a couple of roastings on threads I posted in my first few months on the forum. However I soon learned there were topics that will inevitably lead to being burnt at the stake for heresy so steer well clear now.

"I can totally see where the op is coming from here . We have been on and off fab since 2011 and the forums used to be a very fun filled experience with a group of people who didn’t have an axe to grind . There was rarely a fall out and everyone was welcomed . Opinions were sought and given with rarely the vitriol we see today . Perhaps times have changed , perhaps we have changed , I have no idea , but when we were meeting we never had a single nasty message or any attitude at all . And we met and enjoyed the company of a lot of people . On the forums however it now seems to be a case of do as we say you should , think as we say you should or you won’t get the time of day .

I've been on here that long and I think it's been the same all the time. Groups of people jumping on OPs. Cliques. People getting told off for posting questions that have been asked before.

Perhaps it’s just me looking at the past through rose tinted glasses "

Maybe it's the new happy you.

Really I’ve been on since 2010. I nearly left a few times after being roasted on here. But I learned the error of my ways. I don’t think much has changed, although the frequency of truly hilarious threads has decreased. A few characters have gone that created much of the hilarity. However there are still lots of humorous folk still in here.

The forums can be great fun just stay out of the negative threads where the self righteous feel able to insult without recourse

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I like the forums and ignore the negatives

Gloucester

Really I’ve been on since 2010. I nearly left a few times after being roasted on here. But I learned the error of my ways. I don’t think much has changed, although the frequency of truly hilarious threads has decreased. A few characters have gone that created much of the hilarity. However there are still lots of humorous folk still in here."

I really don’t think there are as many characters who create hilarious threads any more . The PC brigade have taken over in my honest opinion . I guess since 2011 lots of things have changed quickly and I haven’t . Perhaps that’s the issue I have on here .

By *appytrailmanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

nobody reports good news.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

I was a couple on here and guys were more respectful overall, probably coz a guy was on my profile too. Now as a single i get all the fuck now crap and no effort.

Never been let down at all on here though, like whichever i was (couple or single) i never got let down at all. Apart fromone old man with younger pics of himself offering to takeme for a social but changed that to a fuck, i declined.

I generally find people to be nice here. If I can be bothered to message a couple or a woman and they don't reply, which is normally the case, I simply just make a note, and move on.

Is the forum so very different from the rest of the site? nobody reports good news. "

So true.

I've been on here that long and I think it's been the same all the time. Groups of people jumping on OPs. Cliques. People getting told off for posting questions that have been asked before. "

This. And scroll back far enough and the evidence is still there to be read.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We often wonder why some people seem to have more bad experiences than others.

We have had strange but that's about it.

It may be due to the fact that, we aren't looking for single guys and don't actively use Fab to meet with others.

Nita

I've never had many problems - the odd vendetta on the forum, and I've been stood up twice, but I've been here a while.

I do think he forum changesbmassively with the current crowd - albeit good or not.

It certainly doesn't have as many witty people, but maybe I've got my rose-tinted glasses in too.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I've never had many problems - the odd vendetta on the forum, and I've been stood up twice, but I've been here a while.

I do think he forum changesbmassively with the current crowd - albeit good or not.

It certainly doesn't have as many witty people, but maybe I've got my rose-tinted glasses in too."

I nearly stole your name once when you went walk-about.

I prefer the forums by far. At least I get some interaction!

Never had any abuse whatsoever. I post now and again on the forums and again, no issues.

I've only had one bad pm from something I said on the forums. That's once in 7 years.

"I've never had many problems - the odd vendetta on the forum, and I've been stood up twice, but I've been here a while.

It certainly doesn't have as many witty people, but maybe I've got my rose-tinted glasses in too.

I nearly stole your name once when you went walk-about. "

This profile shall forever be a placeholder in case I want to change.

Is name stealing a thing.

By *oxiAnneWoman  over a year ago

Not on a Hot Gin Roof :/

I think some people seem to attract drama & a certain type of character and this affects their time on Fabs ~ whether they court it or not I’m unsure.

"I think some people seem to attract drama & a certain type of character and this affects their time on Fabs ~ whether they court it or not I’m unsure.

"

I sometimes wonder what other people think are abusive messages. Maybe I do sometimes get them but I just don't realise.

I find the Forum a totally different experience from main Fab. Here, I'm sent messages. Out there, I have to do the sending. Often with nothing to go on, so I rarely bother anymore.

Changing my profile doesn't make a difference.

Out there, if I'm not EXACTLY what someone is looking for, it's delete and block. Here people get to know me a bit, I get to know them a bit. Chemistry indicators. Flirt, joke, play, tease.. learn?

To me the Forum is the beating heart of Fab. I find it a bit odd that not many people use it, in comparison to outer-fab.

Gloucester

"I find the Forum a totally different experience from main Fab. Here, I'm sent messages. Out there, I have to do the sending. Often with nothing to go on, so I rarely bother anymore.

Out there, if I'm not EXACTLY what someone is looking for, it's delete and block. Here people get to know me a bit, I get to know them a bit. Chemistry indicators. Flirt, joke, play, tease.. learn?

To me the Forum is the beating heart of Fab. I find it a bit odd that not many people use it, in comparison to outer-fab."

For the few of us that regularly contribute on the forum , it’s hard not to see it as the beating heart of fab . But , and here’s the thing , if we are generous there are maybe 150 or so regular contributors . Which represents half a % , yes , half a % of the people that use the site at any given time . Check how many are online and it’s usually about 30,000 .

We are very fortunate the site owners continue to host the forum given how few use it .

I think people who use the forum have a more vivid imagination. We need stimulation of the mind & it has a touch more depth.

"I find the Forum a totally different experience from main Fab. Here, I'm sent messages. Out there, I have to do the sending. Often with nothing to go on, so I rarely bother anymore.

To me the Forum is the beating heart of Fab. I find it a bit odd that not many people use it, in comparison to outer-fab.

For the few of us that regularly contribute on the forum , it’s hard not to see it as the beating heart of fab . But , and here’s the thing , if we are generous there are maybe 150 or so regular contributors . Which represents half a % , yes , half a % of the people that use the site at any given time . Check how many are online and it’s usually about 30,000 .

We are very fortunate the site owners continue to host the forum given how few use it ."

I know. I'm only speaking for myself though.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We are very fortunate the site owners continue to host the forum given how few use it ."

Given how unwelcoming the forum can be to new contributors I'm not surprised at those figures. Present company excepted of course.

Gloucester

We are very fortunate the site owners continue to host the forum given how few use it .

Given how unwelcoming the forum can be to new contributors I'm not surprised at those figures. Present company excepted of course."

That’s a very fair point , I can’t argue with that .

It’s always been that way . You need a thick skin to survive in here !

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Given how unwelcoming the forum can be to new contributors I'm not surprised at those figures. Present company excepted of course.

It’s always been that way . You need a thick skin to survive in here ! "

You do. Fortunately my middle name is rhinoceros

You do. Fortunately my middle name is rhinoceros "

mines hungry same as my first name

Most people who message us are nice and genuine. We do get some weirdos though but generally after a gentle reminder what we’re here for most people understand and either change tack or block/stop messaging

Doughnut

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"Most people who message us are nice and genuine. We do get some weirdos though but generally after a gentle reminder what we’re here for most people understand and either change tack or block/stop messaging

Doughnut "

oi stop picking on us weirdos ….we need love too ! (well maybe not love but sex anyway)

"Most people who message us are nice and genuine. We do get some weirdos though but generally after a gentle reminder what we’re here for most people understand and either change tack or block/stop messaging

Doughnut

oi stop picking on us weirdos ….we need love too ! (well maybe not love but sex anyway)"

I was one of you weirdos before I met Danish!

But what I mean is they start off nice and asking how we are etc after 3/4 messages they start being less friendly and more look at my cock! We’re not here to meet gents or look at penises. Bums however a Danish loves them male or female. I like the Ladies bums.

Doughnut

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

To me the Forum is the beating heart of Fab. I find it a bit odd that not many people use it, in comparison to outer-fab."

I think the thing that surprised (shocked) me most is the few terribly horrible messages I have received were all from forum females.

Not had any for a long time though as not frequenting the forums quite so often these days

You let them win?

Although forum users make up a small part of Fabs on a daily basis there’s a lot of us including you guys that have been active in here for years, paying our monthly fivers. (Given the amount of photos I kinda think the majority are site supporters) . I’m crap at figures but out of those 30,000 “online” how long do they stay and how many pay? We could be profitable lol!

We need another survey!!

How many forum users are site supporters

All i know is teacakes winning

You do. Fortunately my middle name is rhinoceros "

mines Chris

Although forum users make up a small part of Fabs on a daily basis there’s a lot of us including you guys that have been active in here for years, paying our monthly fivers. (Given the amount of photos I kinda think the majority are site supporters) . I’m crap at figures but out of those 30,000 “online” how long do they stay and how many pay? We could be profitable lol!

We need another survey!!

How many forum users are site supporters "

only 2

We need another survey!!

How many forum users are site supporters only 2"

Wrong.

I’ve counted at least 30 on here

And yes I am that pedantic

We need another survey!!

How many forum users are site supporters only 2

Wrong.

I’ve counted at least 30 on here

And yes I am that pedantic "

lol you must be bored

Generally speaking I got rude, assumptive, very short messages from men as if I was a cake on a shelf just waiting and grateful to be picked and devoured.

However, since I have posted in the forums I've had some lovely messages and my friend list has got longer.

Yes, I realise there can be a lot of keyboard stroppy fabbers however that doesn't bother me. It's only an opinion, nothing to get in a tizz about.

I had a delightful social meet yesterday with charming a young man.

Thumbs up for the forums from me.

I forgot to do a bloody thumb

You must have exquisite tastes op

"

I forgot to do a bloody thumb"

thankyou

There seems to be more righteous people who take the moral high ground over innocuous threads.

Perhaps they want to be seen as upstanding pillars of the community.

"There seems to be more righteous people who take the moral high ground over innocuous threads.

Perhaps they want to be seen as upstanding pillars of the community."

they just get support because they've been here years

"There seems to be more righteous people who take the moral high ground over innocuous threads.

Perhaps they want to be seen as upstanding pillars of the community.they just get support because they've been here years "

Weren't you claiming moral outrage the other day though over people cancelling meets?

Perhaps they want to be seen as upstanding pillars of the community.they just get support because they've been here years

Weren't you claiming moral outrage the other day though over people cancelling meets?"

lol you don't see people forking out money unjustly as unfair then ,you see the op of that thread as being totally at fault ?

"I think the thing that surprised (shocked) me most is the few terribly horrible messages I have received were all from forum females.

Not had any for a long time though as not frequenting the forums quite so often these days "

The one negative message off the back of a forum thread I posted on was from a female profile, mentioning my weight.

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

There are those who like to joke around and mean nothing by what they say

There are those who deliberately try to antagonize for no reason other than sport

There are those who are highly moralistic

There are those who really couldn't give a shit about what anyone says

And there are those that are so laid back that they could be comatose

Generally, people need to yale what is said with a pinch of salt at times and be a little thicker of skin

It is all too easy to fall into an online argument or take offense when none was meant

The problem with this medium is that it lacks 2 key aspects that are so important in communication

Firstly, the intonation - you get no inflection from what you read and often something can be taken on more ways than just 1

Secondly, so can't see the person who is making the comment so get no clue from body language, possibly one of the most important aspects of communication

So ... if only people would take a step back sometimes ... ask themselves "am I reading that right" ... there would be far fewer occurrences of arguments, ganging up and bullying than happens at the moment

Chapter 1, verse 3 of the book of Monkey

This of course is only my humble position

If someone disagrees then they can just bugger off and I'll see them and their mate outside

Perhaps they want to be seen as upstanding pillars of the community.they just get support because they've been here years

Weren't you claiming moral outrage the other day though over people cancelling meets?lol you don't see people forking out money unjustly as unfair then ,you see the op of that thread as being totally at fault ?"

I find the money aspect a weird one to focus on.

Would i book a hotel to meet a total stranger? No because what happens if they had turned up but they hadnt liked each other.

Do you then hold your hand out and say "well we dont want to fuck wach other give us half the cash for the room"?

Weren't you claiming moral outrage the other day though over people cancelling meets?"

I had an affinity with him as I had been caught out quite a few times by similar situations ,not anymore mind learnt my lesson but I can still find it in my heart to be sympathetic when others get let down

By *attooedBBWWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

There is definitely a big high school element here, and the self entitled ones who out in a bar probably wouldn’t say anything to anyone but seem to have huge chips on their shoulders online. It’s the same everywhere tbh.

On the flip side I have met and chatted to some awesome people both in the forums and in messages.

It’s pretty much like any social platform

Weren't you claiming moral outrage the other day though over people cancelling meets?lol you don't see people forking out money unjustly as unfair then ,you see the op of that thread as being totally at fault ?

I find the money aspect a weird one to focus on.

Would i book a hotel to meet a total stranger? No because what happens if they had turned up but they hadnt liked each other.

Do you then hold your hand out and say "well we dont want to fuck wach other give us half the cash for the room"?"

you're making assumptions about how well they did or didn't know each other ,maybe they cammed, maybe they had met in clubs ,maybe they had known each other a while but either way i imagine they both had discussed the accommodation aspect ,so the fact a hotel was being booked as the venue for fun was in place irrespective of whether the couple who backed out were going to pay or not but it's common courtesy to offer half at least don't you think and upon cancelling for a better meet its common courtesy to enquire after any costs that may or not have been incurred don't you think

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Forum users aren't fully representative of fab users Imo, so our experience will likely be different to those who don't use the forum. People also often use forum areas, including this one, to highlight problems - so things may seem worse than general experience, due to this bias.

» Add a new message to this topic