FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Confidence Creator

Confidence Creator

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Stop lying. Most of all stop lying to yourself. Don't tell a single lie ever again! Even shitty little white ones, put your hands up and say no, I can't. Don't keep secrets.

This doesn't mean you have to answer every direct questions sent your way, you can always choose not to answer.

If you don't lie, then you'll never fear being caught out ever again. If you don't understand, admitting it, will help you learn, quicker, faster, stronger.

In time, once this method fully kicks in. You'll begin to believe in yourself. Know your weaknesses as well as you know you strengths. You'll have confidence in everything you say. The confidence to admit defeat when you're wrong. The confidence to walk up to the person you're attracted to. The confidence to know whether you are attracted. The confidence to let it someone down gently and with compassion, kindness and empathy.

Arrogance is not confidence. Being a nellyknow-it-all isn't confidence. Climbing on the backs of others isn't confidence. Rolling with the crowd, mob rule isn't confidence. Being Dom doesn't mean your confident.

Be honest you, that takes confidence. Hope that helps someone.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sorry dude i cant join long ones its effort

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

You’re saying that telling someone the truth is always the best thing?

I think you’re wrong

But I really am a unicorn

True dat.

"You’re saying that telling someone the truth is always the best thing?

I think you’re wrong "

Feel free to feel that way.

Exactly. We had this chat the other day dude and it's one of the deciding factors of me being here now! Legend dude

No im a salesman i like to lie it makes me more money

"Stop lying. Most of all stop lying to yourself. Don't tell a single lie ever again! Even shitty little white ones, put your hands up and say no, I can't. Don't keep secrets.

This doesn't mean you have to answer every direct questions sent your way, you can always choose not to answer.

If you don't lie, then you'll never fear being caught out ever again. If you don't understand, admitting it, will help you learn, quicker, faster, stronger.

In time, once this method fully kicks in. You'll begin to believe in yourself. Know your weaknesses as well as you know you strengths. You'll have confidence in everything you say. The confidence to admit defeat when you're wrong. The confidence to walk up to the person you're attracted to. The confidence to know whether you are attracted. The confidence to let it someone down gently and with compassion, kindness and empathy.

Arrogance is not confidence. Being a nellyknow-it-all isn't confidence. Climbing on the backs of others isn't confidence. Rolling with the crowd, mob rule isn't confidence. Being Dom doesn't mean your confident.

"

Liar...

"But I really am a unicorn "

Quentin Taratino version of one - sexy as fuck and portrays wicked very well but sweet underneath lol

"But I really am a unicorn "

"Stop lying. Most of all stop lying to yourself. Don't tell a single lie ever again! Even shitty little white ones, put your hands up and say no, I can't. Don't keep secrets.

"

"No im a salesman i like to lie it makes me more money "

Says a lot about you then really.

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I can't lie to save my life, my face is too expressive and I have the worst memory ever. My mum always told me "to be a good liar, you have to have a good memory". My family and friends appreciate my honesty and if I have nothing nice to say I generally keep quiet x

Yes true words.. Except if your a mp then it's literally your job to lie haha

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

Yup, I fully agree, I managed for over 20 years without a single lie, and it's something I can still avoid 99% of the time (and would be 100% if I were in a monogamous relationship).

Even the biggest narcissist I know, a compulsive liar, said 'You know what I like about you? It doesn't matter what I ask you, I know I'll get an honest answer.' Sad irony.

"No im a salesman i like to lie it makes me more money

Says a lot about you then really."

i told the truth about it tho

"Exactly. We had this chat the other day dude and it's one of the deciding factors of me being here now! Legend dude "

Yay you stayed

...Up on the Downs

"Yes true words.. Except if your a mp then it's literally your job to lie haha"

I disagree, I despise lying politicians!!

Liar..."

That screams "I lack self confidence".

"But I really am a unicorn

Quentin Taratino version of one - sexy as fuck and portrays wicked very well but sweet underneath lol "

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Surely real confidence comes from finding truth within yourself by finding self acceptance

Says a lot about you then really.i told the truth about it tho "

100% of the time, or near as damn it

"Exactly. We had this chat the other day dude and it's one of the deciding factors of me being here now! Legend dude

Yay you stayed"

Aye man! Friend request incoming lol

"But I really am a unicorn

Quentin Taratino version of one - sexy as fuck and portrays wicked very well but sweet underneath lol "

Got you pegged my dear!

"Yes true words.. Except if your a mp then it's literally your job to lie haha

I disagree, I despise lying politicians!!"

Oh so do I. Believe me... But I also believe that lieing comes with that job.. Its the thing they are best at... All of them!

And they run our country

Says a lot about you then really.i told the truth about it tho

100% of the time, or near as damn it "

im the worlds greatest truth massager does that sound better

Do I tell kids that Santa doesn't exist?

100% of the time, or near as damn it im the worlds greatest truth massager does that sound better "

Does it to you?

"Do I tell kids that Santa doesn't exist?"

NEVER.... That would be criminal haha...

By *inkysexpotMan  over a year ago

leeds

"You’re saying that telling someone the truth is always the best thing?

I think you’re wrong "

You don't have to say anything at all if you don't want though

100% of the time, or near as damn it im the worlds greatest truth massager does that sound better

Does it to you?"

na too complicated

Bedford

Being truthful is a good thing, but always being truthful is just abstaining yourself from responsibility of other people’s well-being.

Sometimes people can’t take hearing the truth, or can’t take all of it right now. There are ways of saying things that put their feelings first which can be more important than the one-dimensional “I’m going to tell the truth, whatever the effect”

"Do I tell kids that Santa doesn't exist?"

Yes you do and the tooth fairy x

"Do I tell kids that Santa doesn't exist?

Yes you do and the tooth fairy x"

What? the tooth fairy doesn't exist????

"Being truthful is a good thing, but always being truthful is just abstaining yourself from responsibility of other people’s well-being.

Sometimes people can’t take hearing the truth, or can’t take all of it right now. There are ways of saying things that put their feelings first which can be more important than the one-dimensional “I’m going to tell the truth, whatever the effect”"

Ways and means.. you don't need to be brutal about it.

"

thankyou for your help can I make an effigy of you so that I can worshiP you from my living room

What? the tooth fairy doesn't exist????"

What about the Easter Bunny???

Yes you do and the tooth fairy x"

Would it harm them if they knew it was all bollocks?

"Exactly. We had this chat the other day dude and it's one of the deciding factors of me being here now! Legend dude

Yay you stayed

Aye man! Friend request incoming lol"

Sorted

...Up on the Downs

"Being truthful is a good thing, but always being truthful is just abstaining yourself from responsibility of other people’s well-being.

Sometimes people can’t take hearing the truth, or can’t take all of it right now. "

No-one says you need to overload people with opinions they can't cope with - but I totally disagree with the previous point, IMO one's responsibility to someone is only fulfilled by telling them the truth without causing them unecessary harm. That is the challenge, and I do not claim it is always easy.

Bedford

Would it harm them if they knew it was all bollocks?"

It would make them the centre of attention when they went into school the next day and told all their friends

...Up on the Downs

Sometimes people can’t take hearing the truth, or can’t take all of it right now. There are ways of saying things that put their feelings first which can be more important than the one-dimensional “I’m going to tell the truth, whatever the effect”

Ways and means.. you don't need to be brutal about it."

Further, I would say you MUST always be kind about it.

Bedford

Sometimes people can’t take hearing the truth, or can’t take all of it right now.

No-one says you need to overload people with opinions they can't cope with - but I totally disagree with the previous point, IMO one's responsibility to someone is only fulfilled by telling them the truth without causing them unecessary harm. That is the challenge, and I do not claim it is always easy."

But telling someone the truth might be that you don’t like them.

However if you don’t tell them that, there’s the chance that getting to know them better will mean you do like them. You’ve made a good connection and made two peoples lives better.

...Up on the Downs

Sometimes people can’t take hearing the truth, or can’t take all of it right now.

No-one says you need to overload people with opinions they can't cope with - but I totally disagree with the previous point, IMO one's responsibility to someone is only fulfilled by telling them the truth without causing them unecessary harm. That is the challenge, and I do not claim it is always easy.

However if you don’t tell them that, there’s the chance that getting to know them better will mean you do like them. You’ve made a good connection and made two peoples lives better."

Lol, there is generally no need to tell someone you don't like them, that's a daft example.

'Is it necessary - is it kind?'

Would it harm them if they knew it was all bollocks?"

There is a whole theological argument that could stem from this, but I'll avoid it for now.

However, the difference between a lie, your perspective of the truth and the exploration of ideas and concepts could all be categorised as lies.

Telling a young child that there is a mysterious benefactor that bestows gifts in exchange for year long best behavior is fundamentally corrupt or whimsical harmlessness depending on your viewpoint.

I disagree. I have to do white lies to enable me to enjoy this lifestyle. I lie to my work colleagues about what I have been doing the weekend. I've said I was meeting friends. But then they question further so this weekends social became a girly weekend. To my son the same as I don't want him knowing what his mother indulges in

Bedford

However if you don’t tell them that, there’s the chance that getting to know them better will mean you do like them. You’ve made a good connection and made two peoples lives better.

Lol, there is generally no need to tell someone you don't like them, that's a daft example.

'Is it necessary - is it kind?'"

Fair, but it’s the one that’s at the front of my mind now with stuff in my own life.

I agree with your comment that you must always be kind about it, we’re here to make connections with other people and that can only work effectively if you’re kind.

Lying keeps some people safe.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

One person's truth isn't always another's

Forum Mod

East Sussex

No-one says you need to overload people with opinions they can't cope with - but I totally disagree with the previous point, IMO one's responsibility to someone is only fulfilled by telling them the truth without causing them unecessary harm. That is the challenge, and I do not claim it is always easy."

Opinion and truth are not the same thing.

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

"

Wow it’s hard to be like that. I am almost the same way takes a lot of effort to be this way. But in my case my face says it all unfortunately

...Up on the Downs

Opinion and truth are not the same thing. "

Indeed not - the example given was of carrying on chatting or not chatting to someone on here. There is no need to say 'I don't like you' to anyone, just 'No thank you' is sufficient, or to be kind 'Sorry I don't want to take this further but good luck'. Some opinions do not need to be expressed.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Opinion and truth are not the same thing.

Indeed not - the example given was of carrying on chatting or not chatting to someone on here. There is no need to say 'I don't like you' to anyone, just 'No thank you' is sufficient, or to be kind 'Sorry I don't want to take this further but good luck'. Some opinions do not need to be expressed."

Ah yes! I understand and agree.

It is a nice thought. But as liars rule the world, make laws and comand great power and influence. How am I meant to tell my children to be good when the world they are looking at shows them the opposite.

I cant agree with this its overly simplistic.

"It is a nice thought. But as liars rule the world, make laws and comand great power and influence. How am I meant to tell my children to be good when the world they are looking at shows them the opposite. "

What better way to shone brightly in a world full of shit?

"It is a nice thought. But as liars rule the world, make laws and comand great power and influence. How am I meant to tell my children to be good when the world they are looking at shows them the opposite. "

Well said... It looks a difficult world for our kids to be growing up in

Nothing wrong with keeping secrets and nothing wrong with little white lies either. Santa is a lie, Easter bunny is a lie. My location on fab is a lie. My mum thinks my life is perfect and I have no problems, that’s a white lie. Sometimes there’s a need for little white lies in my opinion.

Breaking the cycle is hard when life is made more difficult and unpleasant by telling the truth to people who don't want to hear it.

Ive stopped lying to myself about situations, but the truth can be a pretty miserable swap.

Signed Grumpy.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

The most common lie told is ‘I’m fine’. I can’t see that ending any time soon

"The most common lie told is ‘I’m fine’. I can’t see that ending any time soon "

Yep

"Nothing wrong with keeping secrets and nothing wrong with little white lies either. Santa is a lie, Easter bunny is a lie. My location on fab is a lie. My mum thinks my life is perfect and I have no problems, that’s a white lie. Sometimes there’s a need for little white lies in my opinion. "

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

"The most common lie told is ‘I’m fine’. I can’t see that ending any time soon "

That's because it's almost inevitably in response to being asked how you are - which is so often trotted out as a social niceity without any real interest in how you actually are .... a double lie if you like. It's crazy - you know they don't care, they know you know they don't care, they know you might not be fine, you know they know this ... but 'etiquette' seems to demand we go through this pointless exercise!

Also, when asked generally it’s a response that usually suits both parties.

I’m pretty sure the shop assistant was looking to hear how bad my weekend had been when he asked this earlier.

"The most common lie told is ‘I’m fine’. I can’t see that ending any time soon

That's because it's almost inevitably in response to being asked how you are - which is so often trotted out as a social niceity without any real interest in how you actually are .... a double lie if you like. It's crazy - you know they don't care, they know you know they don't care, they know you might not be fine, you know they know this ... but 'etiquette' seems to demand we go through this pointless exercise!"

. Yep it’s just a ritual or a pastime, rather than a meaningful conversation. I like to change it up by stating exactly how I’m feeling and watch the look on their face

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Says a lot about you then really."

I thought that as well.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Also, when asked generally it’s a response that usually suits both parties.

I’m pretty sure the shop assistant was looking to hear how bad my weekend had been when he asked this earlier."

Just tell them anyway, that'll teach them!

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"Nothing wrong with keeping secrets and nothing wrong with little white lies either. Santa is a lie, Easter bunny is a lie. My location on fab is a lie. My mum thinks my life is perfect and I have no problems, that’s a white lie. Sometimes there’s a need for little white lies in my opinion. "
Santa's a lie....NO that cant be true.

"Nothing wrong with keeping secrets and nothing wrong with little white lies either. Santa is a lie, Easter bunny is a lie. My location on fab is a lie. My mum thinks my life is perfect and I have no problems, that’s a white lie. Sometimes there’s a need for little white lies in my opinion. Santa's a lie....NO that cant be true."

Well I don’t actually believe he is. I believe and I get presents

"Nothing wrong with keeping secrets and nothing wrong with little white lies either. Santa is a lie, Easter bunny is a lie. My location on fab is a lie. My mum thinks my life is perfect and I have no problems, that’s a white lie. Sometimes there’s a need for little white lies in my opinion. Santa's a lie....NO that cant be true.

Well I don’t actually believe he is. I believe and I get presents "

When you stop believing you get shit presents like socks :-/ I believe

"Nothing wrong with keeping secrets and nothing wrong with little white lies either. Santa is a lie, Easter bunny is a lie. My location on fab is a lie. My mum thinks my life is perfect and I have no problems, that’s a white lie. Sometimes there’s a need for little white lies in my opinion. Santa's a lie....NO that cant be true.

When you stop believing you get shit presents like socks :-/ I believe "

And lynx africa sets

You've got choices, you can pick holes in what I'm saying and be as fickle, finite, definitive, argumentative, divisive, destructive with the words I'm using.

Or.. You can take the general jist n jibe of it and use it help you grow a bit.

Do I tell the odd lie? Yes, I do. Usually accidentally, out of habit, or fear. I did go through a stage where I told no lies and had no filter. It felt exactly like the film 'Liar Liar' and I got into sticky situations arose.

I tell the odd white lie too. To save from causing undue pain to someone. Will lie about Christmas, but looking forward to finally getting the credit that fat fictional fuck gets.

People still liked me during and after Liar Liar mode. The things that got me into sticky situations, were usually the negative misconceptions and preconceptions I was harbouring about myself or others. Getting it all out in the open, soon makes you question your own version of truth.

I'm not saying every lie is a bad one. I'm not saying this is the only way. This is my way. It works for me and if that helps someone else.. then fuck it, it's worth looking like a dick, by posting it in the first place.

It might not work for everyone, it might get YOU killed if you're a complete dick. *Jackass warning!* If you are desperate and you are struggling getting anywhere on here. Than that's my first bit of advice.

- Be honest with yourself and others.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

That's because it's almost inevitably in response to being asked how you are - which is so often trotted out as a social niceity without any real interest in how you actually are .... a double lie if you like. It's crazy - you know they don't care, they know you know they don't care, they know you might not be fine, you know they know this ... but 'etiquette' seems to demand we go through this pointless exercise!"

I agree

Next time someone says "Hi how are you?" Sock 'Em with the truth.. like Witchdoctor said. If only to see the look on their face.

Who knows, they may even have a solution to it, once they finish laughing/crying/hyperventilating.

When you stop believing you get shit presents like socks :-/ I believe

And lynx africa sets "

*clicky heel thing*

I believe, I BELIEVE!

"

I like this idea! Way too many fibber fabbers on here....

....but, isn't honesty dependent on your perspective and sometimes you don't know what the honest answer is even if you think the honest answer is to say that you honestly don't know, maybe you do know if you know what I mean? I think the key is to be honest with yourself, but for 98% of forum users, if they managed that self honesty, I think they'd log out....

....but, isn't honesty dependent on your perspective and sometimes you don't know what the honest answer is even if you think the honest answer is to say that you honestly don't know, maybe you do know if you know what I mean? I think the key is to be honest with yourself, but for 98% of forum users, if they managed that self honesty, I think they'd log out.... "

Woah... I need to break that down..

1. Yes, based on perspective.

2. Yes, often you don't know what the honest answer is, which is when it's best to say "I don't know".

The last bit is down to your own personality and being. Choosing not to share or be as open as I am, isn't dishonest. It's sensible, but you need to communicate effectively to get what you want, as much as you want , when you want it. Things tend to go wrong when you lie or mislead.. possibly not shared as much as you should have, overshared, stressing over appearance, chemistry, timekeeping, sincerity, performance, potential drama from other lies, lost money, lost dignity, loss of self confidence.

Big lies, I've told enough to know.

....but, isn't honesty dependent on your perspective and sometimes you don't know what the honest answer is even if you think the honest answer is to say that you honestly don't know, maybe you do know if you know what I mean? I think the key is to be honest with yourself, but for 98% of forum users, if they managed that self honesty, I think they'd log out....

2. Yes, often you don't know what the honest answer is, which is when it's best to say "I don't know".

The last bit is down to your own personality and being. Choosing not to share or be as open as I am, isn't dishonest. It's sensible, but you need to communicate effectively to get what you want, as much as you want , when you want it. Things tend to go wrong when you lie or mislead.. possibly not shared as much as you should have, overshared, stressing over appearance, chemistry, timekeeping, sincerity, performance, potential drama from other lies, lost money, lost dignity, loss of self confidence.

Big lies, I've told enough to know."

How do we know you're telling us the truth now? You have form....

Is choosing not to share really lying though? Withholding the truth.

How do we know you're telling us the truth now? You have form.... "

Good answer Tell no lies, then you'll trust yourself to know if I'm telling you the truth (as I see it).

"Is choosing not to share really lying though? Withholding the truth."

Surely you know your own answer to that by now?

Good answer Tell no lies, then you'll trust yourself to know if I'm telling you the truth (as I see it)."

What if I don't think you are and I think it's a kind of self promotion (in a beautiful and intelligent way that i respect), just like all the rest of us use on here, but I'm too embarrassed to say it and I don't want to come across as confrontational and I don't want other forum users or you, or your friends to hate me etc....?

Good answer Tell no lies, then you'll trust yourself to know if I'm telling you the truth (as I see it).

What if I don't think you are and I think it's a kind of self promotion (in a beautiful and intelligent way that i respect), just like all the rest of us use on here, but I'm too embarrassed to say it and I don't want to come across as confrontational and I don't want other forum users or you, or your friends to hate me etc....? "

Hope you take that in the innocent and playful way it's intended my friend

"Next time someone says "Hi how are you?" Sock 'Em with the truth.. like Witchdoctor said. If only to see the look on their face.

Who knows, they may even have a solution to it, once they finish laughing/crying/hyperventilating."

I give them the choice, I say, "do you want a polite lie, or an honest answer?"

...Up on the Downs

That's because it's almost inevitably in response to being asked how you are - which is so often trotted out as a social niceity without any real interest in how you actually are .... a double lie if you like. It's crazy - you know they don't care, they know you know they don't care, they know you might not be fine, you know they know this ... but 'etiquette' seems to demand we go through this pointless exercise!. Yep it’s just a ritual or a pastime, rather than a meaningful conversation. I like to change it up by stating exactly how I’m feeling and watch the look on their face "

I do too - but with a smile 'I'm dying but hey-ho!'

"Next time someone says "Hi how are you?" Sock 'Em with the truth.. like Witchdoctor said. If only to see the look on their face.

Who knows, they may even have a solution to it, once they finish laughing/crying/hyperventilating.

I give them the choice, I say, "do you want a polite lie, or an honest answer?""

If I wanted to lie, I'd use an expression like that though... Js

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm the worst liar/fibber ever! I go all Walter Mitty like.

What if I don't think you are and I think it's a kind of self promotion (in a beautiful and intelligent way that i respect), just like all the rest of us use on here, but I'm too embarrassed to say it and I don't want to come across as confrontational and I don't want other forum users or you, or your friends to hate me etc....?

Hope you take that in the innocent and playful way it's intended my friend "

I'd respect you for your honesty. I'd also respect you for the intelligence you used, words you chose and points you made, so bravely, infront of an audience no less Youre very brave and cheeky, i like it.

I'd say you're wrong on all accounts.

I saw a post this morning from a Forumite losing confidence, I even copied his thread title a bit. Plus Deathwolf (he won't mind, as he's volunteered up the info himself already) was a bit grumpy the other night. I tell most people that, behind the scenes, in some way or another. Helps form bonds.

I thought, if it helped him, it may help someone else.

If that's what makes me look good on here, you lot must be awful But it's not why I posted

"I'm the worst liar/fibber ever! I go all Walter Mitty like.

"

Were going to struggle then aren't we

I give them the choice, I say, "do you want a polite lie, or an honest answer?""

That screams confidence and that's turn me on

I'd respect you for your honesty. I'd also respect you for the intelligence you used, words you chose and points you made, so bravely, infront of an audience no less Youre very brave and cheeky, i like it.

I saw a post this morning from a Forumite losing confidence, I even copied his thread title a bit. Plus Deathwolf (he won't mind, as he's volunteered up the info himself already) was a bit grumpy the other night. I tell most people that, behind the scenes, in some way or another. Helps form bonds.

If that's what makes me look good on here, you lot must be awful But it's not why I posted "

Haha, cool, you always look good you clever, sexy little bugger. I appreciate your posts , but I'll always disagree with practically everyone, unless I truly love you....

(I could still be lying)

If that's what makes me look good on here, you lot must be awful But it's not why I posted

Haha, cool, you always look good you clever, sexy little bugger. I appreciate your posts , but I'll always disagree with practically everyone, unless I truly love you....

(I could still be lying) "

*Ghengis backs of slowly.. hand on sword hilt* Be gone oh disagreeable love monster!

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

stockton

"

Yes. This. Wish more folk tried to do this.

Yes. This. Wish more folk tried to do this. "

*cringe*

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I don’t tell lies, tell the truth and shame the devil plus the fact I’m not clever enough to remember what I’ve said half the time as it is

stockton

*cringe*"

Why cringe? It's an admirable aim

*cringe*

Why cringe? It's an admirable aim"

older threads.. I write more in the moment

stockton

*cringe*

Why cringe? It's an admirable aim

older threads.. I write more in the moment "

Well just because its older does not make it less relevant. Besides it helped perk me up a little so was appreciated.

» Add a new message to this topic