FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Opportunity missed

Opportunity missed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arkhorse66 OP   Man  over a year ago

bristol

Ever see someone you fancy, more than just a casual glance, you had the opportunity to watch them for a few minutes and were totally taken in by all you saw? But then couldn’t find the opportunity to say something and then they were gone! You get this aching feeling that you really regret not acting more decisively?

I saw a lady in the pool at the gym yesterday, probably mid thirties, long blond hair with a great figure with classy but sexy bikini. She had extensive body art with a full sleeve and back, could have spent hours just looking at her art alone! But I didn’t get chance or have the courage to approach her and now regret I may never have that opportunity again. Of course knock back would be expected but at least then I would have tried! Gutted

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you go to the same gym you may well see her again ! X

I know how you feel.. If only I was more confident.

bristol

I go regularly and my eyes will definitely be alert, not seen her before though!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ah, what if eh!

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

Yep, lost count of how many times I've been on a night out and seen a really pretty lady but lost out because I've never had the guts to go up and say hello. Never mind, onwards and upwards lol

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

Can’t say I have - but then I live in Hull

bristol

"Can’t say I have - but then I live in Hull "

Well at least I’m unlikely to suffer the same fate with you, as you are so far away

Forum Mod

East Sussex

You guys know that the reality would be unlikely to live up to the fantasy right?

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

"You guys know that the reality would be unlikely to live up to the fantasy right?"

sshhhhh!

bristol

"You guys know that the reality would be unlikely to live up to the fantasy right?"

Interesting point of view and sometimes correct. But it was the extent of loss I felt that surprised me. I see many ladies I fancy, often beyond my reach but can smile at the thought of my enjoying the view despite almost no hope. And then one like this comes along and I just felt gutted, so much so that she’s still on my mind 24 hrs later!! And I know nothing about her, I was just captivated

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"You guys know that the reality would be unlikely to live up to the fantasy right?

Interesting point of view and sometimes correct. But it was the extent of loss I felt that surprised me. I see many ladies I fancy, often beyond my reach but can smile at the thought of my enjoying the view despite almost no hope. And then one like this comes along and I just felt gutted, so much so that she’s still on my mind 24 hrs later!! And I know nothing about her, I was just captivated "

I'm a cynical old bag, it's well known .

I remember somebody saying that at the age of 80 he was still in love with a woman he saw crossing the road 50 years earlier. So it's possible to feel a connection like that. Go back and see if you can see her again, some of the best love stories start this way.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"You guys know that the reality would be unlikely to live up to the fantasy right?

sshhhhh! "

As I said above I'm a cynical old bag.

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere down south

Yep, Saturday night

#youknowwhoyouare

Interesting point of view and sometimes correct. But it was the extent of loss I felt that surprised me. I see many ladies I fancy, often beyond my reach but can smile at the thought of my enjoying the view despite almost no hope. And then one like this comes along and I just felt gutted, so much so that she’s still on my mind 24 hrs later!! And I know nothing about her, I was just captivated

I'm a cynical old bag, it's well known .

I remember somebody saying that at the age of 80 he was still in love with a woman he saw crossing the road 50 years earlier. So it's possible to feel a connection like that. Go back and see if you can see her again, some of the best love stories start this way."

That sounds like a Gabriel Garcia Marquez story

Im a closer its what i do

I saw a woman in Sainsbury’s once, she had the most stunning eyes. I didn’t say anything, got in the car and drove out. But I was so taken by her eyes I turned around and went in and told her. She was stunning, slightly taken aback by this random stranger but she did smile and say thanks.

"I saw a woman in Sainsbury’s once, she had the most stunning eyes. I didn’t say anything, got in the car and drove out. But I was so taken by her eyes I turned around and went in and told her. She was stunning, slightly taken aback by this random stranger but she did smile and say thanks. "

Aww that’s sweet. You’re not all bad

"I saw a woman in Sainsbury’s once, she had the most stunning eyes. I didn’t say anything, got in the car and drove out. But I was so taken by her eyes I turned around and went in and told her. She was stunning, slightly taken aback by this random stranger but she did smile and say thanks.

Aww that’s sweet. You’re not all bad "

Oh they were amazing Nora, I can still picture them now

"I saw a woman in Sainsbury’s once, she had the most stunning eyes. I didn’t say anything, got in the car and drove out. But I was so taken by her eyes I turned around and went in and told her. She was stunning, slightly taken aback by this random stranger but she did smile and say thanks.

Oh they were amazing Nora, I can still picture them now "

Were they nicer than mine

Were they nicer than mine "

They were so nice, she could have conjunctivitis and they’d still be stunning. And I’ve not seen yours

Were they nicer than mine

They were so nice, she could have conjunctivitis and they’d still be stunning. And I’ve not seen yours "

Erm ok. Good memory you have!

Interesting point of view and sometimes correct. But it was the extent of loss I felt that surprised me. I see many ladies I fancy, often beyond my reach but can smile at the thought of my enjoying the view despite almost no hope. And then one like this comes along and I just felt gutted, so much so that she’s still on my mind 24 hrs later!! And I know nothing about her, I was just captivated "

Aww thats sweet. She probably snores though

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

Absolutely. I never feel good enough. My lack of confidence gets in the way.

"Absolutely. I never feel good enough. My lack of confidence gets in the way. "

Life’s too short, what’s the worst that can happen. I’ve had women approach me in he past and regardless of whether I find them attractive or not I’ll alwaya be appreciative and have achat with them. It’s nice to be nice

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I was in the sauna stream area of my local gym and I got chatting to a guy for quiet sometime we got on really well. Didn't say anything as I'm not that confident. I thought I would see him again but never did

stockport

"Absolutely. I never feel good enough. My lack of confidence gets in the way.

Life’s too short, what’s the worst that can happen. I’ve had women approach me in he past and regardless of whether I find them attractive or not I’ll alwaya be appreciative and have achat with them. It’s nice to be nice "

If I’m sober there’s no way. But after a few gins I’m very different

Life’s too short, what’s the worst that can happen. I’ve had women approach me in he past and regardless of whether I find them attractive or not I’ll alwaya be appreciative and have achat with them. It’s nice to be nice

If I’m sober there’s no way. But after a few gins I’m very different "

There was no lack of confidence on Saturday!! You were on fire!!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I have a jogger i occassionally pass on my way to work.

He’s like a younger, longer haired version of Matthew McConnaghy.

I think he’s gorgeous, but there’s no way i’d tell him that. I just carry on to work with a little glow that such hunks of hunkiness exist, and get a tad envious of whoever it is that he’s banging.

If I’m sober there’s no way. But after a few gins I’m very different "

You’re an attractive woman, I’d say most men would be flattered. I’d just go for it if I was you (egardless of gins)

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

sshhhhh!

As I said above I'm a cynical old bag.

"

stockport

There was no lack of confidence on Saturday!! You were on fire!! "

That’s was because I was intoxicated!!!

I wouldn’t say anything to anyone with nymph holding my hand before!!

I wouldn’t say anything to anyone with nymph holding my hand before!! "

Ha ha we are definately bad influences on each other!!

stockport

You’re an attractive woman, I’d say most men would be flattered. I’d just go for it if I was you (egardless of gins) "

Thank you. It’s a shame we don’t see what other people see.

I’ll just get a gin drip

stockport

I wouldn’t say anything to anyone with nymph holding my hand before!!

Ha ha we are definately bad influences on each other!! "

I flipping love it!! Here’s to many more gin nights

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Yes I probably have missed opportunities but as it says on my profile ‘everything happens for a reason’ So maybe it was just meant to be that way. Who knows?

"Ever see someone you fancy, more than just a casual glance, you had the opportunity to watch them for a few minutes and were totally taken in by all you saw? But then couldn’t find the opportunity to say something and then they were gone! You get this aching feeling that you really regret not acting more decisively?

I saw a lady in the pool at the gym yesterday, probably mid thirties, long blond hair with a great figure with classy but sexy bikini. She had extensive body art with a full sleeve and back, could have spent hours just looking at her art alone! But I didn’t get chance or have the courage to approach her and now regret I may never have that opportunity again. Of course knock back would be expected but at least then I would have tried! Gutted "

Haven't read the thread properly, coz I'm lazy, but......

.....was this the woman in particular or do you think it was more that your mind was projecting a desire to know someone amazing and placed all that hope in her in your mind. She could have opened her mouth and been like "awwwiighhttt daawwwlnnn"....

By *unningFoxWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Ever see someone you fancy, more than just a casual glance, you had the opportunity to watch them for a few minutes and were totally taken in by all you saw? But then couldn’t find the opportunity to say something and then they were gone! You get this aching feeling that you really regret not acting more decisively?

I saw a lady in the pool at the gym yesterday, probably mid thirties, long blond hair with a great figure with classy but sexy bikini. She had extensive body art with a full sleeve and back, could have spent hours just looking at her art alone! But I didn’t get chance or have the courage to approach her and now regret I may never have that opportunity again. Of course knock back would be expected but at least then I would have tried! Gutted "

From time to time it happens and expecially sad when you feel his eyes lingered as well and none of us had guys to say anything

I had interesting situation yesterday in bubble bath. Lovely conversation with very attractive man and a lot of eye contact but didn’t ask for number or make any plans but definetly remeber his eyes and my silly jokes about farts, because I’m not good at flirting

I'm good at flirting but most British men are not so I save it for when I'm abroad

Sometimes it's just nice to imagine would could of happened.

Cease the day OP

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Cease the day OP "

You sure you mean cease.

That's what I usually do

"Cease the day OP

You sure you mean cease.

That's what I usually do "

By *igJandTheBlondeCouple  over a year ago

Kings Hill

The Blonde and I worked together years ago and I used to look at her adoringly across the divide but never had the opportunity to say anything remotely interesting; plus she was in a relationship at the time and as a senior manager it’s not the done thing!

Eventually I moved on but couldn’t ever really shake off the thought I’d missed out on an opportunity, so in the end I messaged her privately away from work, that was four years ago and she’s the love of my life

If you get the chance OP, stride over and take a deep breath

bristol

Appreciate all the comments re go for it, seize the day etc , it wasn’t love at first sight just a hunger to know her better and disappointment that that opportunity in life has slipped by.

If I see her again though I shall not miss the second chance!

Nice one OP! Interesting thread because this has happened to me twice. Once on Fab it was a social event in London when I was a newbie on here. I was speechless! Don't know what happened to me, but I froze.

The other time it was years ago pre Fab at Chessington theme park! In the queue for over an hour. Imagine that! She gave me enough glances and smiles. We even passed each other, but going in the opposite direction. Fuck me that was torture! My friends were talking to me, but I could not hear them... was thinking at the next "eye contact" I will be brave enough... nope! Couldn't do it. That was the only time in my life I didn't want a queue to end. Guess what happened next...

The feckin ride!! I got wet and never saw her again!! What if's... hey.

bristol

Well, I did see the gorgeous lady again, we shared a few moments in the jacuzzi where it was just the two of us. I spoke to her for a couple of minutes about her stunning body art before a couple of her friends joined us.

Pleased that I spoke to her and definitely clear she’s well out of my league! But I’m not gutted anymore

» Add a new message to this topic