FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Compliments

Compliments

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just having a waffle moment.

I struggle to accept compliments. I don't think very highly of myself (insert small violin here ) and obviously on here you need to be wary of who is trying to bed you haha.

If you feel like me, how do you accept them? Do you disagree but thank the person anyway? Make a joke? Drown in your own embarrassment and want the ground to swallow you up?? I do all 3!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I just think people are taking the piss if they give me a compliment or just go red and not know what to say

By *.H.SMan  over a year ago

London

Say a nice comment and get hell unleashed what a joke

By *egularLegsMan  over a year ago

Erdington

"Say a nice comment and get hell unleashed what a joke "

Nice beard

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Say a nice comment and get hell unleashed what a joke "

I hope that wasn't aimed at me? I'm not rude I'm just very cynical!

London

No one specific just what I have encountered here. Because I disagree don’t mean I must be rude. Be fair some not all people ain’t worth wasting breath on. #justspeakingmymind

London

Thanks for the beard comment too. No homo

Tea gave me a row yesterday because I "lol'd" at a compliment he gave me. I'm getting better at it but I still get embarrassed and try change the subject.

Dotty x

If someone says to me nice car or nice watch i accept it. If someone says nice smile or nice eyes etc, i just cant handle it. I think they are taking the piss

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I'm very bad at accepting them but I love giving them. If somebody pays me a compliment I will usually play it down. Yet I love saying nice things to women. I love helping a woman feel good about herself regardless of whether I would like to be intimate with her or not.

I would pay you a compliment, OP, but you have no photos big enough to see.

I usually reply with : 'Stating the obvious love?'

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

"I usually reply with : 'Stating the obvious love?'"
hahaha!!

I hate compliments, I end up just being awkward about it. You are not alone OP, A xx

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

Much better at it now than I ever used to be! But I’m in a better place than I ever used to be!

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Accepting compliments is a tricky task, especially for the British. However it’s a skill worth mastering because when you can accept a compliment it sinks into your brain better, if you downplay it then it just falls away.

The reason for being good at accepting compliments is that you know when you’ve had a shitty week and you just remember the crap stuff? If you remember the compliments too then your brain can balance it out and things don’t seem so bad.

Practice it a bit

I read an article about not accepting compliments once. Since then I just reply "thanks" or "thank you" Even though I disagree that I have a nice arse ect. Xx

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Better at accepting them than I used to me. I either say thank you, or make a joke of it. Depends if the compliment is felt to be genuine x

On here .. compliments are two a penny

I’ve become cynical over time but I hope I’m clever enough to know a genuine one

I'm exactly the same (Jenny here). I can't accept them in any situation, particularly appraisals at work.

As for a compliment from anyone but Jimmy I wonder if they are just trying to butter me up but I've learnt to say thanks and change the subject. When face to face with someone I laugh a lot when I'm nervous or embarrassed, this way I don't have to reply to what they are saying. I can be more confident and jokey when the insults are flying!

"Accepting compliments is a tricky task, especially for the British. However it’s a skill worth mastering because when you can accept a compliment it sinks into your brain better, if you downplay it then it just falls away.

The reason for being good at accepting compliments is that you know when you’ve had a shitty week and you just remember the crap stuff? If you remember the compliments too then your brain can balance it out and things don’t seem so bad.

Practice it a bit "

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I guess I just pretend to accept it or laugh it off. But it's not like I have swathes of people trying to bed me though.

I am far more accepting of compliments given by those I know well than I am of those on here who are generally just after sex

By *illingVicMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Cynicism is probably a more prevalent response amongst the ladies, particularly in an environment such as this. My reaction is normally outright disbelief, “they’re just being nice or trying to ease the coming rejection”

I do try to take them at face value - even if they’re only a “nice beard”

By *inkysexpotMan  over a year ago

leeds

Make a bit of a joke about it and try turn the compliment back round onto the person who gave the compliment.

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I have never accepted Compliments very well, and joining here made it worse at first. But now I like to think I can tell if someone's being genuine or not. I either accept it gracefully or make a joke of it.

I do love to compliment people quite alot though, because I like to make people smile, that doesn't mean I'm less genuine because I give them alot.

Jo.Xx

I've just been blocked by fabbing a photo I guess she didn't like being complimented like that.

I think if I ever got complimented I’d take it well. Or it would go to my head and I’d run down the street celebrating as loudly as I can

I'm incapable of accepting a compliment and either play it down or pretend it didn't happen.

Whenever I get called handsome by fab friends, I assume they are being polite. It is a horrible space to be in, and I struggle to square the circle of lack of confidence in my own worth as an individual and my ability to punch well above my weight. My friends list is a bevy of truly beautiful and interesting women (and a certain gentleman courtesy of friend for the day) but for the life of me I can't work out why they would even return a message!

It's a puzzler for sure.

Try not to overthink it OP.

I rarely agree when someone says something nice about my appearance but always thank the person who complimented me.

I used to always fight back against a compliment when I was younger but then thought what's the point as I think it just comes across like I'm seeking attention and the other person isn't going to agree so it's pointless. I just smile and thank people now.

You do have to be wary on here as some people will message every single woman they can find even if there is little or no attraction. Always go with your gut instinct.

I’m not good at accepting compliments, in person I get very flustered but have learned to say thanks. I don’t have very good self esteem so it’s something I struggle with too. On here they’re something I say thanks to but don’t really believe them, unless I’ve met the person saying them x

» Add a new message to this topic