By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is an uber rating?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Just what is an Uber rating?

Am a real taxi driver and don’t use that crap service there cause so many accidents ever day people think there getting a bargain when using it trust me you might get s Uber and think wow that’s cheap and when the weathers bad ther serge price bad service.......

Iv never used ubur, nor will I!

"Iv never used ubur, nor will I!

"

please don’t everyone who gets in my cab get home safe

By *carlet_woman_xxWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

Don't use uber

please don’t everyone who gets in my cab get home safe "

Missed a backstage party at the Albert Hall once because a d*unk woman asked me to get her a cab, 40+ black cabs with the for hire light on drove past ignoring us, wish Uber had been around then...

"Don't use uber "
good girl

Missed a backstage party at the Albert Hall once because a d*unk woman asked me to get her a cab, 40+ black cabs with the for hire light on drove past ignoring us, wish Uber had been around then... "

trust me Uber would not pick you up either

How stupid your got to rate one another I don’t need rating I pass the London knowledge had to learn 25.000 streets and 60.000 points of interested GPS are ok but when the traffic knackered or there’s a accident there crap

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"How stupid your got to rate one another I don’t need rating I pass the London knowledge had to learn 25.000 streets and 60.000 points of interested GPS are ok but when the traffic knackered or there’s a accident there crap "

Quite true. I have a friend of mine in East London, whose Husband used to be a London Cabbie. He doesn't need GPS devices these days when out driving.

I'm "Old School" too, in that, I use maps. My first career was as a Cartographer (before moving into Hotels) and even to this day, can open up a map or road atlas and read them like reading a book.

Missed a backstage party at the Albert Hall once because a d*unk woman asked me to get her a cab, 40+ black cabs with the for hire light on drove past ignoring us, wish Uber had been around then... trust me Uber would not pick you up either "

Bet they would have done,got rid of the problem by calling a mini cab, turned up, picked her up, took her home. Not had much time for black cabs in London since that day. If the knowledge means you would leave a woman to stagger about in the street and refuse to help her then bring on the satnav.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"Am a real taxi driver and don’t use that crap service there cause so many accidents ever day people think there getting a bargain when using it trust me you might get s Uber and think wow that’s cheap and when the weathers bad ther serge price bad service......."

I'm dispatch controller for Dorsets biggest company made up of 3 independent fleets and we are luck enough not to have uber.

Respect to the proper cabbies

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"How stupid your got to rate one another I don’t need rating I pass the London knowledge had to learn 25.000 streets and 60.000 points of interested GPS are ok but when the traffic knackered or there’s a accident there crap "
I'm guessing with Uber drivers, like cabbies, you'll get some good drivers, some terrible ones and everything in between.

You seem to have a very Us Vs Them attitude towards it. Why is that?

By *arl17Man  over a year ago

Central Portugal

"Am a real taxi driver and don’t use that crap service there cause so many accidents ever day people think there getting a bargain when using it trust me you might get s Uber and think wow that’s cheap and when the weathers bad ther serge price bad service.......

I'm dispatch controller for Dorsets biggest company made up of 3 independent fleets and we are luck enough not to have uber.

Respect to the proper cabbies"

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I personally use Uber over black taxis any day now.

Firstly, I was sick of standing waiting for a black taxi with its hire light on to actually stop or if they do they say I’m not going that way and damn if you lived south of the river you had an even harder job

Secondly I can stand where I am and order an Uber and they find me

Thirdly I know the price of the Uber when I get in and irrespective of traffic that price doesn’t change. I then don’t need to worry about whether I have enough cash on me, to many times had to get out of a taxi because they are just sitting in traffic clocking up the money, when they are alternative ways to go. Oh and don’t you dare suggest to them that they could go another way, because they’ve done the knowledge

Fourth, they’ve never refused to take any of my d*unk mates home when I’ve called a car on my account and I can track them the whole way and know they’ve got home safe

Never used Uber

Uber hasn't arrived in rural wales yet..

"Never used Uber"
good your not missing nothing

Tried using uber once recently in Birmingham and the taxis kept cancelling me due to it being a smallish journey. After 20 mins of them not turning up I got a normal cab

By *eandHim2019Couple  over a year ago

preston

Uber is making massive losses which they hope to turn around when they can use driverless cars . That's their long term plan . No wages to pay then

Urber has not been invented where I live. You got the women up the village that does taxis as a side job. Very rare bus service and a train station 2 villages away

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I dont use uber so that my rating would be a fat 0

"I dont use uber so that my rating would be a fat 0"

Awwwwwwww. I'll give you a big fat 1

B38

"I dont use uber so that my rating would be a fat 0

Awwwwwwww. I'll give you a big fat 1 "

A big fat 1 eh...nice. who needs uber

B38

Awwwwwwww. I'll give you a big fat 1 "

Aww that gave gave me lift

I do hope that the people on here don’t get involved in a accident in a Uber because the idiots don’t know where there going even with a GPS and as a black cab driver I never refuse a job to go anywhere even south London I take you people only use Uber because there cheap if you value your safety at least you a licensed mini cab from a office of a black cab I can’t tell you enough of these drivers I see ever nite how bad there diving is further more people don’t mine spending loads of money on booze and drugs but moan about paying to go home in a real taxi I’ve been driving a taxi 16 years with no complaints about my driving but it’s your choice to use these Uber cars also what really f..... me off these so what drivers refuse to take blind people home because most have guild dogs I never refuse blind people ever full stop the Uber drivers just says it’s against my religion or there got medical problems for which they have to prove to the public Carriage office I see this al the time trust me it happens so just remember when you use this service about the people they won’t pic up remember that!!!!!!!!!!

Aww that gave gave me lift "

No one needs Uber when you've got Pat and his milk float to get you from A to B. Very slowly, admittedly.

I think uber can be dodgy, haven't used it never would.

B38

No one needs Uber when you've got Pat and his milk float to get you from A to B. Very slowly, admittedly."

Slow is good ...I do like to take in the scenery and admire the view

Rant over happy fab everyone lol

On a mooch

"I do hope that the people on here don’t get involved in a accident in a Uber because the idiots don’t know where there going even with a GPS and as a black cab driver I never refuse a job to go anywhere even south London I take you people only use Uber because there cheap if you value your safety at least you a licensed mini cab from a office of a black cab I can’t tell you enough of these drivers I see ever nite how bad there diving is further more people don’t mine spending loads of money on booze and drugs but moan about paying to go home in a real taxi I’ve been driving a taxi 16 years with no complaints about my driving but it’s your choice to use these Uber cars also what really f..... me off these so what drivers refuse to take blind people home because most have guild dogs I never refuse blind people ever full stop the Uber drivers just says it’s against my religion or there got medical problems for which they have to prove to the public Carriage office I see this al the time trust me it happens so just remember when you use this service about the people they won’t pic up remember that!!!!!!!!!!"

I can understand your frustration as hitting your trade in London massively but the fact is the are more widely available and accessible. My last two experiences of a black taxi before switching to Uber full time; one left a mate in the middle of nowhere in the small hours of the night because “he didn’t realise how far the journey was taking him away from home; and personally for me a journey that should cost £25 max cost £65 because the driver just sat in traffic, refused to take an alternative route and when I said right we need to find a cash point on the way, we’ll lets say his attitude absolutely stank

You are probably not all like that but unfortunately its the reputation that’s been built. I’ve been using taxis in London for 35 years so not a one off statement

May ask the pick up point and where that job was going to please?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Give it a few more years and there will be no more Uber Drivers, just Self Driving Taxis...

4.6....cheeky feckers

Uber were a client of mine last year, as a business they are complete arsehats, the only good thing about Uber are the drivers and they get a tough time from everyone.

Uber is the future. Significantly cheaper than black cab.

Anyone want a referral code for money off your first ride!

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Uber hasn't arrived in rural wales yet.."

it aint here in rural north yorkshire either

By *ucy LewdWoman  over a year ago

North Oxfordshire

"Give it a few more years and there will be no more Uber Drivers, just Self Driving Taxis... "

I'm ok with that. I don't like the gamble of getting in cars with strangers.

By *rnie101972Man  over a year ago

SoT

Tough topic of conversation that the mention of Uber has stirred up here with our West Ham loving black cab driver (Look at my name, I used to be an Arnautovic fan until he left us)

Anyway, it seems yes there has been bad publicity around Uber but they also do a lot of good. I feel far more comfortable using them knowing they will turn up where I ordered them and knowing what they pay than playing the black cab lottery that only has one winner.

I honestly think Uber could learn a lot from black cab drivers, but I also think black cab drivers can learn from Uber to. I know you’ll slate me for that but it’s 2019, drivers don’t need to know so many thousand roads and points of interest anymore. It’s all online and gps and all that. And it can definitely look at traffic patterns and see if another route is as congested so as to reduce the meter price for the customer!

Anyway just my thoughts. I get a feeling they’ll be wrong

B38

"Uber is the future. Significantly cheaper than black cab.

Anyone want a referral code for money off your first ride!"

I have found the fare back home after a night out can vary and not be value for money

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

"Uber hasn't arrived in rural wales yet.."

It's a burden we have to bear

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

No one needs Uber when you've got Pat and his milk float to get you from A to B. Very slowly, admittedly."

naw you need ernie!!! he drove the fastest milk cart in the west he had trigger as his 'orse lol

Anyway it’s your choice safety first of the death run!!!!!!!!!

On a mooch

"May ask the pick up point and where that job was going to please?"

I’m assuming that was aimed at me... picking up onvthe strand and going to the isle of dogs.

I specifically walked up to the strand to avoid the river route as could see it was congested, but he turned into the river traffic even though I asked him not too. I was at £40 before I hit Tower Hill

Whats an uber rating is that like super but better?

On a mooch

"Tough topic of conversation that the mention of Uber has stirred up here with our West Ham loving black cab driver (Look at my name, I used to be an Arnautovic fan until he left us)

Anyway, it seems yes there has been bad publicity around Uber but they also do a lot of good. I feel far more comfortable using them knowing they will turn up where I ordered them and knowing what they pay than playing the black cab lottery that only has one winner.

I honestly think Uber could learn a lot from black cab drivers, but I also think black cab drivers can learn from Uber to. I know you’ll slate me for that but it’s 2019, drivers don’t need to know so many thousand roads and points of interest anymore. It’s all online and gps and all that. And it can definitely look at traffic patterns and see if another route is as congested so as to reduce the meter price for the customer!

Anyway just my thoughts. I get a feeling they’ll be wrong "

I've spoke to numerous Uber drivers who say they love working for Uber for the following reasons:

1. No cash involved so it's safe, no need to worry about being mugged.

2. No chance of anybody running off not paying because it's linked to your bank.

3. Because it's not anonymous the standard of passengers is higher, more respectful etc.

I almost exclusively use Uber because:

1. Most of the time it's cheaper (although the surcharge at peak times can be annoying I feel like it's a small price to pay and still works out overall).

2. Because it's all through the app, theres no need to direct the driver. I know all good drivers should know where they are going but people are only human and we have all been in a cab where both of you are a bit clueless.

3. You can see how long your taxi will be through the app, no waiting out in the street in the train trying to flag black cabs (although most private hire taxi firms do have their own apps).

4. I feel (and this is purely anecdotal based on my own experience) that Uber drivers tend to be nicer, over the years I have lost count how many racist, homophobic black cab drivers I've had to bite my tongue with, where as if an Uber driver starting chatting some shite about immigrants I could leave him a bad rating, comment on his profile and also report him to Uber.

5. It's safer, I can order an Uber for say, a d*unk female friend and pay for it so they don't have to worry about having enough cash, I can track the car and they can confirm they made it home safe. They also have a very easy way to report their drivers for inappropriate behaviour.

6. It's fucking easy.

I know uber isn't perfect but it's the future. I can't really see a reason to use black cabs unless it's a last resort but I appreciate I am being quite biased so I'd be happy for people to respond to my points above if they disagree or provide other points I have not considered.

"Hi people.

So tell us what your Uber rating is. Mine is a whooping 4.96 "

I don't use taxis especially in London

"I think uber can be dodgy, haven't used it never would. "

How do you know something can be dodgy without using it?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't view uber as an ethical company, so don't use them. If they decimate transport in an area, they can increase prices and pay lower rates to drivers, whilst not contributing to the local infrastructure and taxes, however they wish to.

It's a mugs game, allowing £billions of debt to destroy your society, so you will ultimately be milked however they wish to.

"I don't view uber as an ethical company, so don't use them. If they decimate transport in an area, they can increase prices and pay lower rates to drivers, whilst not contributing to the local infrastructure and taxes, however they wish to.

It's a mugs game, allowing £billions of debt to destroy your society, so you will ultimately be milked however they wish to. "

your so right

So many occasions in Cardiff where ‘normal’ cabbies have refused to take me home because it’s not a far enough distance (10min drive, 25min walk that I wouldn’t want to do in the dark), never been refused by Uber.

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Have no idea how to use Uber. Mind you do not often need a taxi. When I do I ring my local taxi company. Uber rating??

"Anyway it’s your choice safety first of the death run!!!!!!!!!"

Ok I have an issue with black cabs in London, from them refusing to take a young woman home because she was unsteady on her feet, through fares climbing through the roof for journeys of around 5 miles. And sorry you may be an excellent driver, but black cabs in general are no less likely to have an accident than other drivers.

But a single woman a bit tired and worse for wear has a choice, climb into a vehicle because it is black with an orange light on it. Or have the drivers name, car reg. and journey details logged on the internet. Uber wins on safety.

"Anyway it’s your choice safety first of the death run!!!!!!!!!

Ok I have an issue with black cabs in London, from them refusing to take a young woman home because she was unsteady on her feet, through fares climbing through the roof for journeys of around 5 miles. And sorry you may be an excellent driver, but black cabs in general are no less likely to have an accident than other drivers.

But a single woman a bit tired and worse for wear has a choice, climb into a vehicle because it is black with an orange light on it. Or have the drivers name, car reg. and journey details logged on the internet. Uber wins on safety. "

Fine use Uber then not gonna comment on this topic No more I still make a living and people still use us black cab all the banks and law firms do so but of course it’s up to u people to use this service but remember you might use Uber once to 20 times and I will promise you your get a really bad experience and your remember this topic on this open forum we are vented by the home office and Uber is not you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

"I think uber can be dodgy, haven't used it never would.

How do you know something can be dodgy without using it?"

I've seen plenty posts stating so hence my opinion which I'm entitled to as are you

Oh and one more thing when u fly the aeroplane and take off fly and land but I still like a pilot on bored of any thing would go wrong would you fly without pilot I don’t thing so

By *valanche1001Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"I think uber can be dodgy, haven't used it never would.

How do you know something can be dodgy without using it?

I've seen plenty posts stating so hence my opinion which I'm entitled to as are you "

please look on Twitter with the accidents that they cause in Just London your see am right please prove me wrong

By *rnie101972Man  over a year ago

SoT

"Oh and one more thing when u fly the aeroplane and take off fly and land but I still like a pilot on bored of any thing would go wrong would you fly without pilot I don’t thing so "

You can actually. Aircraft manufacturers have been able to do it for years and could roll it out but the general consensus is that people wouldn’t use one without a pilot. Some companies have and are looking into single pilot routes as well. The pilot will always be there in my opinion in an emergency but technically when something goes wrong they just flock through a book and work the problem in a certain order to get the place down in one piece, or as little pieces as possible.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Uber drivers are disliked by traditional cabs only because they feel their livelihood is suffering. Getting in any cab can leave you at the mercy of the driver. I can't remember the name but there was a black cab driver plying women with spiked bubbly. Getting into a cab can be like a game of Russian Roulette. Room for both in my opinion. It's the buyers choice.

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 27/09/19 17:26:24]

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

I did not realize I had and "Uber" rating, whatever one of those is....!!!

Don’t know what you’re talking about. We don’t have Uber here

Chelmsford

Is Uber only in cities ?

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

Don't and won't use uber

Chelmsford

Why Uber so bad ?

"Is Uber only in cities ?"

The bigger cities and towns I think. It’s slowly spreading around more though.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Never used it.

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

More accidents pro rata than black and licensed cabs. Also uber don't pay their taxes

Chelmsford

Consumers vote with their feet.. black cabs a rip off

They don't have it where I live. I tried it in Birmingham and all the driver's sacked off the job due to it being a fiver fayre

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I avoid them the whole business model is based on oppression of their drivers and little care for the safety of passengers.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I use uber and have very rarely had any issues, I like the fact you have a tracked journey and can there's a record of every journey you've taken, they also email you a breakdown of the cost. My rating is 4.77 and I think that's just because I opened the window cos I was warm and the driver didn't like it lol.

By *teely DanMan  over a year ago

Cork/Dublin

My rating is 5. A great service when travelling. Especially good in the US and in Paris, Paris can be impossible to get a normal taxi late at night so Uber is invaluable there.

I love Uber. The service and app are generally great. My rating is 4.8 , but I think it's because I had a couple of pretty racist drivers who I didn't entertain, so I think they gave me zero.

I use uber all the time.

My rating is 5

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I haven't got a scooby what uber is?

#dinosaurman

"I haven't got a scooby what uber is?

#dinosaurman "

You said it!

By *entleman55Man  over a year ago

S’th West Mc/r

#dinosaurman

You said it! "

Glad you are mates

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

#dinosaurman

You said it! "

Aww thanks sweetcheeks x

But can you explain it to me though, cos I'm totally clueless on this one,even though I'm quite knowledgeable on a few subjects, this is perplexing me now

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 29/09/19 02:28:43]

On a mooch

I use it more for getting mates home and knowing they are home

#dinosaurman

You said it!

Aww thanks sweetcheeks x

But can you explain it to me though, cos I'm totally clueless on this one,even though I'm quite knowledgeable on a few subjects, this is perplexing me now "

I will show my app at the MLS!

"4.71

I use it more for getting mates home and knowing they are home "

Your a good friend.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I will show my baps at the MLS! "

Looking forward to that

On a mooch

"4.71

I use it more for getting mates home and knowing they are home

Your a good friend. "

Too good sometimes lol

By *hezuMan  over a year ago

East London

When the zombie apocalypse comes and satellites are down the old school cab drivers will run the world

On a mooch

"When the zombie apocalypse comes and satellites are down the old school cab drivers will run the world"

I think it would be the least of my worries catching a cab if zombies were about lol

"When the zombie apocalypse comes and satellites are down the old school cab drivers will run the world

I think it would be the least of my worries catching a cab if zombies were about lol "

Not if you don't drive.

How else am I going to get away from the zombie's!

On a mooch

"When the zombie apocalypse comes and satellites are down the old school cab drivers will run the world

I think it would be the least of my worries catching a cab if zombies were about lol

Not if you don't drive.

How else am I going to get away from the zombie's! "

Haha I don’t drive either.... it’s called not leaving my flat, barricades up and be quiet

Not if you don't drive.

Haha I don’t drive either.... it’s called not leaving my flat, barricades up and be quiet "

What about when the food runs out?

I don't think you have thought this through!

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Not if you don't drive.

How else am I going to get away from the zombie's! "

You should have posted that on my Random Question thread earlier

On a mooch

Not if you don't drive.

Haha I don’t drive either.... it’s called not leaving my flat, barricades up and be quiet

I don't think you have thought this through! "

PMSL

It’s not something I really think about. Hell its London I’d probably get caught at the office let alone home

Not if you don't drive.

PMSL

It’s not something I really think about. Hell its London I’d probably get caught at the office let alone home "

You should always have a zombie apocalypse escape plan. Tell you what I will send Ash to rescue you.

On a mooch

Not if you don't drive.

PMSL

It’s not something I really think about. Hell its London I’d probably get caught at the office let alone home

You should always have a zombie apocalypse escape plan. Tell you what I will send Ash to rescue you. "

Aww you’d sacrifice Ash to rescue me he might not agree mind haha

Not if you don't drive.

PMSL

You should always have a zombie apocalypse escape plan. Tell you what I will send Ash to rescue you.

Aww you’d sacrifice Ash to rescue me he might not agree mind haha "

He knows its best if he agrees with me.

By *izzymonkeyMan  over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

[Removed by poster at 29/09/19 03:17:01]

By *hezuMan  over a year ago

East London

Hahahahahaha

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

The death run! Please. I drive around town but haven't seen any Ubers in ditches at the side of the road yet.

The knowledge is pointless now. Seeing where your cab is and booking and paying online is much more convenient. Knowing the journey not having to awkward tip. It's a much more efficient service. And you don't have to listen to that annoying clicking in the cab either.

Last time I was in a black cab the bonnet flicked up and covered the windscreen. That nearly was a death run.

» Add a new message to this topic